• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Even though the OP revealed Lucario and Cinderace, I don't think their evolution is that near. Or else they wouldn't care to put their unevolved forms as well.
They're probably not giving us Alola just yet given we have 146 episodes there not too long ago
Its not happening. The anime hate Flygon.
Talk about bad timing. :enzap:

Do you guys think that Sobble is gonna evolve? Part of me hopes it doesn’t because it’s so gosh darn cute, but another part of me hopes it goes all the way so we can see Drizzile and Inteleon on the main cast.
I'm not sure, honestly. I suspect with Scorbunny having evolved it might be used for this gen's cute, unevolved mascot but I won't be too surprised if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure, honestly. I suspect with Scorbunny having evolved it might be used for this gen's cute, unevolved mascot but I won't be too surprised if I'm wrong.

It definitely has the potential to go unevolved considering Goh will have other strong Pokemon to carry for Sobble’s base-stage evolution weakness, and it’s invisibility will allow it to still do damage as long as they can’t cover Sobble in something like sand or dirt.

Though this series likes to throw curveballs so I also wouldn’t be surprised if it does evolve.

It definitely has the potential to go unevolved considering Goh will have other strong Pokemon to carry for Sobble’s base-stage evolution weakness, and it’s invisibility will allow it to still do damage as long as they can’t cover Sobble in something like sand or dirt.

Though this series likes to throw curveballs so I also wouldn’t be surprised if it does evolve.
Seriously if it evolves,I would like it to evolve by the end of the series because you know it actually increases the chances of three walking Pokemon of Goh.(Cinderace, Drizzle and maybe Grookey)
So if it evolves lately then they can have Grookey with Ash(potentially a Rillaboom)
Then they can show alll the Final Galar Starter Evolutions in the main cast
Some of you might argue that Chloe will catch Grookey,but given her screentime I don't want favorite starter to miss the action(again this is only me):confused:

Do you guys think that Sobble is gonna evolve? Part of me hopes it doesn’t because it’s so gosh darn cute, but another part of me hopes it goes all the way so we can see Drizzile and Inteleon on the main cast.

Considering Inteleon is more popular and as such more marketable than Sobble is, i say its 100% gonna evolve. We also saw some merch that had Lucario and Sirfetch'd alongside the three middle stage Galar starters as well.

Considering Inteleon is more popular and as such more marketable than Sobble is, i say its 100% gonna evolve. We also saw some merch that had Lucario and Sirfetch'd alongside the three middle stage Galar starters as well.
You really think Inteleon is more marketable than Sobble? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. In my honest opinion, almost anything is more appealing than ugly Inteleon. I'm still salty that Sobble's evolutions look the way they do. Sobble has way more appeal than Drizzile and Inteleon because of how cute it is compared to those two. I would love for Gou's Sobble to forever stay a Sobble. I hope he doesn't let it evolve.

You really think Inteleon is more marketable than Sobble? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. In my honest opinion, almost anything is more appealing than ugly Inteleon. I'm still salty that Sobble's evolutions look the way they do. Sobble has way more appeal than Drizzile and Inteleon because of how cute it is compared to those two. I would love for Gou's Sobble to forever stay a Sobble. I hope he doesn't let it evolve.
Inteleon seems to be hugely popular in Japan though, which is what they primarily market to.

If it does evolve, I wonder what kind of personality they’d give Drizzile. It has the edgy appearance like Raboot but they’d be retracing old grounds if they made it similar to Raboot.

I suppose they could adapt the fact that the Poké Dex states that Drizzile are lazy and sets traps which could lead to gags like pitfalls and such, but the lazy part would also be hard to adapt in a way that isn’t Drizzile just being in the background or sleeping, which would also rehash the whole “Raboot being in the background” scenario.

It is true that Drizzile has been included in a fair amount of advertisement alongside the other middle-stage starters like Raboot and Thwackey, though that could just be because they’re the starters and need marketing by default.

This series does want to show off all the Pokémon so Drizzile and Inteleon will inevitably show up but if it’s Goh’s or another character like Hop’s or something is in the air.

I do wonder what Grookey’s purpose will be. I remember an interview saying that they were going to introduce Grookey when they felt it was necessary in the story, so I wonder what his purpose is.

I personally lean towards Grookey ending up being Koharu’s first capture if she joins the group because it can represent how she’s becoming more upbeat and outgoing, though if it goes to Koharu it most likely won’t evolve, and if it does, it probably won’t evolve fully into Rillaboom considering Rillaboom and Koharu definitely don’t mesh well design-wise. Her joining the group and her first capture would probably line up for when Grookey would have to debut.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom