• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Sceptile and Infernape had twice the amount of training as Raboot did and it still took like 170+ eps to fully evolve
I get what you mean but Ash still having a Grovyle by the time Hoenn league arrived wasn't the wisest decision of all either.
I wouldn't call that good writing, either. It shouldn't take nearly 4 years for a Pokemon to fully evolve.
I wasn't talking about the league, I am talking about the Battle Frontier. There was no real reason to hold back at all when it came to Grovyle's evolution. If things had worked out how they were supposed to originally than Diamond and Pearl would have been released in 2005, so Grovyle/Sceptile would have been Oaked anyway after the league. And as I said earlier, the Frontier Brains were a step above gym leaders so it wasn't like Ash taking Charizard to Johto and them having to buff up characters like Falkner to not make it seem like a joke.
Ash's Sceptile and Infernape's evolutions were horribly paced. Treecko evolved after Ash's fourth Badge, but took deep into the Battle Frontier to evolve again. And I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be as much hype for it if it hadn't come back to defeat Darkrai. And Infernape's evolutions were even more badly paced. It debuted early on into the series, Ash caught it after his second Sinnoh Badge, then it goes without evolving until Ash has seven Badges, and then it suddenly evolves twice before his eighth Badge. Granted, that gap was the biggest gap we've ever had in between Badges, but the point still stands.

One more reason to bring Melmetal back, give it some screen time

My thought exactly. I would love to see that happen.

9F98E04F-85A2-46FD-9D19-E380621DD0FF.jpeg
HYPEEEEE

Guys this is part of a Toyset featuring a bunch of random Pokémon
EjK9WNUXgAIoVf4

Unless you also believe Greninja, Venusaur, Blastoise, Calyrex, Zarude and Zeraora are also apart of the DD Arc? .
(Which I highly doubt since there's been no other foreshadowing)

It’s a possibility that ash catches dragapult because the games and the anime don’t always have the same pokemon. For example kukui. I would rather see ash catch dreepy though and dragonite and gengar take care of the dreepy. It would be a perfect way to bring screentime to them that doesn’t require battling and would heighten the team chemistry.

It’s a possibility that ash catches dragapult because the games and the anime don’t always have the same pokemon. For example kukui. I would rather see ash catch dreepy though and dragonite and gengar take care of the dreepy. It would be a perfect way to bring screentime to them that doesn’t require battling and would heighten the team chemistry.

tbh, Kukui's only option was the starter, since his other mons are either older generation, or are already shown off by other trainers (Lycanroc).

Nobody in the games in Sword and Shield besides Leon uses Dragapult either.

tbh, Kukui's only option was the starter, since his other mons are either older generation, or are already shown off by other trainers (Lycanroc).
Moot point since his anime team ended up having older Generation Pokemon anyways. There’s literally no reason they couldn’t use his game team apart from wanting to be different.

Did anybody of you play the games?

Leon had a Dragapult there. I find unplausible that Ash catches one.

Ash is just there cause he is the main character nothing else.

I think the Dragapult is Leon's too but it is kind of weird that the set contains one Pokémon of Gou, one for Leon and a third one which... is for Leon too? And none for Ash? They could've easily included Dragonite but decided not to. Dragapult is my favourite Gen 8 Pokémon so I just want to see it no matter the trainer (exception: Gou's Pokémon dome).

I'm actually wondering now if we might see Ash's Charizard return to the cast and that Dragapult is thus Leon's. I mean of all of the hyped Charizards, I think that is the one exception to the 'DOUSE THEM WITH WATER DAMN IT' mentality that has built up since at least the Kalos League.

I'm actually wondering now if we might see Ash's Charizard return to the cast and that Dragapult is thus Leon's. I mean of all of the hyped Charizards, I think that is the one exception to the 'DOUSE THEM WITH WATER DAMN IT' mentality that has built up since at least the Kalos League.
I would be happy if ash charizard came back but i don’t think it’s happening. The whole thing is about lucario and cinderace and if charizard is there all the 10 year old won’t give a shat anymore about those two. I would be happy if it came back though cause then greninja would probably come back along with his old aces.

Musashi and Kojiro, who have thus far been relying on Nyarth's interpretations to understand what Satoshi and Pikachu talk about, decide to train themselves so they can understand it on their own. This airing will also include "Half Numacraw".

----

V25YghV.jpg

Top blurb: Musashi and Kojiro dub Pikachu's voice?!
Bottom blurb: Satoshi encounters a Numacraw that's stuck in the ground!

Ash might catch Marshtomp as it says now that he encounters it

I think this Charizard is Leon's, but Ash's may well return considering that early promotion image that showed it (with a Charmander riding him I believe) alongside Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

I think Red's 'zard gets a pass too, though.

I would be happy if ash charizard came back but i don’t think it’s happening. The whole thing is about lucario and cinderace and if charizard is there all the 10 year old won’t give a shat anymore about those two. I would be happy if it came back though cause then greninja would probably come back along with his old aces.

Who knows what 10 year olds care about? I don't think marketing companies do anymore....

Still 'return Ash's Charizard! It excites new and old fans alike! It's easy and logical!'

Who knows what 10 year olds care about? I don't think marketing companies do anymore....

Still 'return Ash's Charizard! It excites new and old fans alike! It's easy and logical!'
They definitely do care. In japan greninja was so hyped up. They’re probably trying to do the same to cinderace and lucario

As much as I would love for Ash to catch a Dragapult, he already has a Ghost-type and a Dragon-type on his current team, which also already has two Fighting-types. It would be a little annoying if there was even more type repetition, and I'd rather Ash catch a Psychic or Fairy-type to fill in his remaining open slot anyway, since those are the only remaining types that Ash hasn't officially owned (I personally don't count Mr. Mime as his). I mean, if Ash does catch it I'm certainly not going to complain, I just don't think it'd be an ideal capture at this point in time.

If Goh got it, the poor thing would probably be shunted into the background due to the sheer number of captures he owns and I definitely don't want that to happen either.

So the "best" option imo would be if the Dragapult was Leon's or maybe even Raihan's. I do think it's more likely for it to be Leon's, though, since he does own one in the games, and while the anime has been known to make changes to trainers' teams, they usually manage to be at least somewhat faithful, and I feel that of Leon's in-game team, the most likely Pokémon to remain aside from his ace are Dragapult and Aegislash. The former because it makes sense for a trainer who is the elite of the elite to own a pseudo-legendary, since those are usually portrayed and thought of of being quite powerful. Plus, if Ash and Leon are going to have a full battle somewhere down the line it'd be cool to see Dragonite and Dragapult duking it out. And the latter because it's literally a sword and a shield... I don't think further explanation is needed. The rest of Leon's team is more up in the air, and the fact that it's partially dictated by the player's starter pick, of which Ash hasn't caught any yet this series, makes things even trickier.

Last edited:
As much as I would love for Ash to catch a Dragapult, he already has a Ghost-type and a Dragon-type on his current team, which also already has two Fighting-types. It would be a little annoying if there was even more type repetition, and I'd rather Ash catch a Psychic or Fairy-type to fill in his remaining open slot anyway, since those are the only remaining types that Ash hasn't officially owned (I personally don't count Mr. Mime as his). I mean, if Ash does catch it I'm certainly not going to complain, I just don't think it'd be an ideal capture at this point in time.

If Goh got it, the poor thing would probably be shunted into the background due to the sheer number of captures he owns and I definitely don't want that to happen either.

So the "best" option imo would be if the Dragapult was Leon's or maybe even Raihan's. I do think it's more likely for it to be Leon's, though, since he does own one in the games, and while the anime has been known to make changes to trainers' teams, they usually manage to be at least somewhat faithful, and I feel that of Leon's in-game team, the most likely Pokémon to remain aside from his ace are Dragapult and Aegislash. The latter because it makes sense for a trainer who is the elite of the elite to own a pseudo-legendary, since those are usually portrayed and thought of of being quite powerful. Plus, if Ash and Leon are going to have a full battle somewhere down the line it'd be cool to see Dragonite and Dragapult duking it out. And the former because it's literally a sword and a shield... I don't think further explanation is needed. The rest of Leon's team is more up in the air, and the fact that it's partially dictated by the player's starter pick, of which Ash hasn't caught any yet this series, makes things even trickier.
Honestly it would be so cool if Ash caught dreepy. Dreepy is a ghost/dragon type and dragonite is dragon and gengar is ghost. Gengar realizes what it’s like to be alone and dragonite is like a mom almost. It would be like a little family as dreepy shares attributes of typing and maybe it could be abandoned by its family too so that’s why gengar could helped. Gengar would be the father and dragonite would be like the mother. I think it’s actually a great way to improve team chemistry and i wouldn’t mind if he caught it even if they type overlapped. However, I would be even happier if he got sylveon if y’know what i mean :). But if i’m realistic he’s gonna catch marshtomp because it says on J41 that Ash encounters the marshtomp now that it got updated. I would not mind if he caught marshtomp because it doesn’t type overlap and swampier is a beast in the games with only one type disadvantage

Back
Top Bottom