• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Except it would be jarring to see it win against Pokemon on E4 or Champion level.
As opposed to the two dozen or so Pokemon Ash has that aren't evolved but have had decent feats of their own? The show has shown many times that evolution is not the end all be all to strength.

I'm expecting an XY situation where he'll have everyone but Pikachu fully evolved by the end since most of his current party already are and Farfetch'd evolving seems very likely with his seemingly upcoming arc, merchandise releases, and Sirfetch'd being a fairly prominent gen 8 Pokémon, but I won't be surprised if he has an odd one out.

Every time Ash got a solo starter it always fully evolved look at Treecko and Froakie.
Two examples is not a pattern. Even if it was, the show has been breaking patterns for the past few years. But Journeys has proven to be unpredictable, so who knows.

Except it would be jarring to see it win against Pokemon on E4 or Champion level.
You say this as if Ashy boy didn't win a League in the first place with a Base Stage Starter

Oh Wait-!
1d78e8efd586033be8ef78643e883270.gif

I'm expecting an XY situation where he'll have everyone but Pikachu fully evolved by the end since most of his current party already are and Farfetch'd evolving seems very likely with his seemingly upcoming arc, merchandise releases, and Sirfetch'd being a fairly prominent gen 8 Pokémon, but I won't be surprised if he has an odd one out.
Yeah I agree, especially considering that Ash is facing trainers stronger than any trainer he has ever faced before.

But can we even consider his Pikachu unevolved? Like, I get it that it's not it's final form since Raichu is a thing, but we all know he's never evolving. I don't know about y'all but I pretty much count Pikachu as fully evolved at this point lol.

Technically he is evolved, just not fully. Middle stage mons should count, right?
Due to how Pikachu is treated almost everywhere, I kinda count it as one of those mons that don't have an evolution or pre-evolution.

Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know what you think happens if the bad guy Pokémon poachers have finally managed to steal Ash's Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal from Profs. Kukui and Burnet's home?
What?

Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know what you think happens if the bad guy Pokémon poachers have finally managed to steal Ash's Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal from Profs. Kukui and Burnet's home?
What?
Part of me wonders if they writes articles for something like a gaming magazine and use this forum as inspiration.

You say this as if Ashy boy didn't win a League in the first place with a Base Stage Starter

Oh Wait-! View attachment 138647
So @Mythical-Moonlight
You are expecting to get some more ridiculous and pointless battles.
Grookey beats his stick rhythmically against opposing Leon's Gigantamax Charizard, Grass grows all-over the body of Charizard and he's gone to shave.
Applause
Ash and Grookey are unbeatable.
f***

In XY, w

Except none of those trainers were on E4 or Champion level. It was also lower tier because there were no entry qualifications.
Kukui isn't Champion Level???

Not every Trainer Ash faces in the PWC is E4 or Champion Level either.

You talk as if Ash couldn't let Grookey face off against a few CotD to get stronger

If Scorbunny can grow to Cinderace in such a short period of time then so can Grookey

So @Mythical-Moonlight
You are expecting to get some more ridiculous and pointless battles.
Grookey beats his stick rhythmically against opposing Leon's Gigantamax Charizard, Grass grows all-over the body of Charizard and he's gone to shave.
Applause
f***
Uh No. I'm just saying, Anime =/= Games
Levels don't exists in the Anime.

And Grookey sure as heck won't be up against Leon's Charizard either. That ball is firmly in Pikachu's court.

Like I said, Corphish only stole food from Torchic once and never did it again once Torchic evolved, meaning that unlike Oshawott, Corphish actually learned his lesson.
No Corphish Was Scared
Also, why is it that Oshawott's losses are all Plot Armor but Snivy's losses are because she sucks? I'm smelling bias here.
Other Than Riolu and 2 Fire Types Which I Dont Blame Sniy For Losing What Was The Plot Armor?
Snivy had already seen how Ash treated his Pokemon and was clearly moved: yes, Ash had to battle her to catch her, but she gives a smile when he does so, meaning that she did want him as her new trainer. There are plenty of Pokemon that agreed to go with Ash due to his kindness but still had to be battled. Most notably Bulbasaur and Hawlucha.
Those Were After The Pokemon Decided To Go With Him. Eery Single Pokemon Accept's Him After They Are Caught

So It's Perfectly Normal For Chuuster To Defeat Legends?

Except none of those trainers were on E4 or Champion level. It was also lower tier because there were no entry qualifications.
KUKUI WANTS TO KNOW YOUR LOCATION
Face It, The Games Aren't the Anime. Pikachu Proved That.

Applause
I Doubt Ash Will Use Grookey Against Charizard It Will Probably Defeat Inteleon (Don't Tell Me Leon Will Have Rillaboom IT'S IN THE NAME!! Inteleon)

Kukui isn't Champion Level???

Not every Trainer Ash faces in the PWC is E4 or Champion Level either.

You talk as if Ash couldn't let Grookey face off against a few CotD to get stronger

If Scorbunny can grow to Cinderace in such a short period of time then so can Grookey
I was mostly talking about the trainers in the higher tiers, like Ultra Class and Master Class. Those trainers are far more powerful than any trainer he has ever faced. And, Kukui isn't Champion Level. In fact, no one was, as Alola had no League until the end of SM.

(Don't Tell Me Leon Will Have Rillaboom IT'S IN THE NAME!! Inteleon)
Just saying Leon's name in the original Japanese is Dande.

Leon's English name having the same last 4 letters as Inteleon's is more than likely entirely coincidental.

Also the fact that we're going to be seeing an Inteleon in the show very soon and signs are pointing towards it NOT being Leon's tell me that Leon probably doesn't have one in this show

Just saying Leon's name in the original Japanese is Dande.

Leon's English name having the same last 4 letters as Inteleon's is more than likely entirely coincidental.

Also the fact that we're going to be seeing an Inteleon in the show very soon and signs are pointing towards it NOT being Leon's tell me that Leon probably doesn't have one in this show
It's also pretty common for the anime to alter game characters' teams, so it's entirely possible, if not likely, that Leon won't have any of the Galar Starters in his team, especially since the reason he has a Galar Starter in the games' final fight has explicit reasons that don't exist in the anime (said starter being the leftover that the player and Hop don't pick).

Back
Top Bottom