• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

With several of Ash's older Pokemon like Squirtle and Lapras confirmed to be appearing, do you think it's possible they may rejoin Ash before series's end? :unsure:

(Oh, and Latias has been following Ash for two episodes straight now after meeting him in the first. A capture's looking preeeety likely now.)

In the slight chance of Ambipom returning, I'd rather that she goes back to Dawn instead of Ash. It was already a bad decision to replace Ambipom after all the buildup for that trade and foreshadowing how much she preferred Contests over Gym battles. Giving Ambipom back to Ash at this point would feel rather pointless. Both options would be basically just having Ambipom battle off-screen, but I prefer the idea of Dawn being able to use Ambipom in Contests again over Ash using Ambipom as he travels off-screen.

I do like the idea of Ash getting Primeape back just so it could become Annihilape. I don't think that would happen, but it would be a cool way to still give Ash a ninth generation Pokemon before the new series starts.

Only pokémon I want to return back to Ash are Pidgeot, since Ash promised to return to it, and Greninja, since it feels sad to leave it there alone, wrestling with tentacles. Ambipom and Primeape has new trainers, and Lapras is happy with its family.

Only pokémon I want to return back to Ash are Pidgeot, since Ash promised to return to it, and Greninja, since it feels sad to leave it there alone, wrestling with tentacles. Ambipom and Primeape has new trainers, and Lapras is happy with its family.
From a real-world perspective, I'd like to ask why the writers even got rid of those two Pokemon in the first place. Was it something to do with the voice actors?

From a real-world perspective, I'd like to ask why the writers even got rid of those two Pokemon in the first place. Was it something to do with the voice actors?
Tbh it looked strange but I guess they wanted us to see how trainers could say goodbye nicely and not just by leaving them on a rock in a rainy day.

Anyway, some of the thoughts they had back than were unrelated to the progression of the anime in the long run so it could not be answered 100%.

They waited till the very last episode of Jns to bring back the first pokemon Ash catched onscreen.. I bet they didn't care about that till thinking about the 11 episodes of Aim to be a Pokemon Master.. (I said to my boy who watched the goodbye episode that they wont see each other in the future, just a week before the episode they did..:confused:)

Primeape's voice actor was someone old and important and he only voiced two other CotDs, so they probably won't expect him to be a regular and it was planned as a short role. Ambipom is probably done to parallel Primeape and Butterfree, since they want to highlight similarities of Ash and Dawn's experiences as rookie trainers.

I think that they had the mindset off: Ash cannot realistically lose anything anymore with Primeape under his belt, which imo is one of the reasons why they have Charizard that disobedience arc and didn't let Tauros join his main team... despite that originally being the plan.

I think that they had the mindset off: Ash cannot realistically lose anything anymore with Primeape under his belt, which imo is one of the reasons why they have Charizard that disobedience arc and didn't let Tauros join his main team... despite that originally being the plan.
And it was a good call for him to be treated as a new trainer

Is this sarcasm? Because I can't see how he's anytthing like unbeatable.
Primeape is a very powerful fighting type with a base stat total of 455. I know. I have used one in some challenge runs in Let's Go, Pikachu. With 105 Attack, it can hit hard with physical attacks. Sure, it might not one shot EVERYTHING, but it will likely knock out anything weak to fighting.

Back
Top Bottom