• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon: Evolution Quest (signups and discussion--3 spots open)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
(This RP is rated E10+)

In the far away land of Ardamore, a fantastic version of what is today called Galar, Pokemon existed in harmony with fantastic creatures. It was not unheard of for dragon type Pokemon to rub shoulders with real dragons.

But then, some of the dragons grew proud and greedy, and yearned to rule Ardamore themselves. These dragons proclaimed themselves the Dragon Kings, and subjected the Pokemon to their harsh rule.

Finally, one Sylveon minstrel named Aine had had enough of the high taxes and harsh laws.

Gifted with magic in her song, Aine's song could both heal and hurt, depending on her mood and the situation at hand. After spending hours in the closest library she could find, Aine discovered that the Dragon Kings were abusing the power of the eight Jewels of Light that held Ardamore in balance, and using them for their own selfish gain. The only way to restore the balance was to slay the Dragon Kings.

Aine knew she couldn't make the long and dangerous journey alone. So she rallied as many Eeveelution adventurers as she could find to help her out.

What wonders and terrors await you on your adventure? Can you help Aine restore the Jewels of Light to Ardamore?

Character's name:
Character's species (you can play as an Eevee or an Eeveelution--those that play Eevees have the option to evolve as the quest progresses, or simply remain an Eevee)
Character's class (any standard fantasy class will do)
Character's inventory (what is your character currently carrying?)
Character's personality/backstory (what is your character like? What led them to join Aine on her quest?

I want to try and get a diverse group--Sylveon, Vaporeon, Espeon, and Glaceon are taken as of now. Jolteon, Flareon. Umbreon, and Leafeon are still open for anyone to play.

Last edited:
After spending a few minutes staring at the first post and thinking about joining, I have decided that I will take part in this story. Because why not. Who knows? Might help improve my skills.

Character's name: Aqua
Character's species: Vaporeon (Male)
Character's class: Warrior/Apothecary
Character's inventory:
A satchel of berries, seeds, and herbs (for medicinal purposes) since he has experience with growing them and using them in medicine.
A medicinal recipe book
Several medicinal bottles
A Locket to remind him of his family
A blue and white scarf that belonged to his little brother which Aqua wears around his neck
Character's personality/backstory:
Aqua is a kind and caring Pokemon. He hates injustice and will fight to protect others. He sometimes does not think things through, resulting in him getting hurt. If there is a Pokemon that is hurt, he will take it under his wing (fins?) and help them. He always looked up to his father who was a warrior. He had retired and settled down in Summerton, a farming community. Aqua's father trained him in the ways of medicine and a warrior so that he can be flexible. Then one of the Dragon Kings attacked the village in order to make sure they are following the laws. They also stole from the farms and borderline destroyed them. On hearing about Aine's quest, Aqua sets out to meet her so that he can help her.

His reason to join the Aine's quest: He has a personal grudge against the Dragon Kings and seeks to avenge his parents and little brother.

@LightningTopaz - I assume that you will be playing as Aine? Also, are the Dragon Kings considered Dragon Types?

Last edited:
(I am very new to RPs, and fictional writing in general, just as a heads up)
Name: Carbuncle
Species: Espeon (♀)
Character Class: Alchemist
Inventory:
  • A Sun Stone (the in-game item) talisman, small pieces of it can be broken off and ground up for use in potions and alchemy
  • Charcoal for writing and a scroll with some alchemical recipes on it, with room to write more
    • Recipe example: Black Sludge + ground up Babiri Berry + water → a weak acidic substance that can melt some metals and stone, but cannot melt organic objects
  • A few small glowing mushrooms (glowshrooms, if you will) from her home; their only use is for alchemy
  • A light mortar (no pestle needed as she can crush/grind with her psychic powers)
  • A small empty bottle (for potions)
Personality/Backstory:
Hailing from the Ardamore equivalent of the Glimwood Tangle, the Whisperwood, Carbuncle is a recluse alchemist who spends much of her time performing alchemy experiments and studying the stars, primarily to solve some of alchemy's greatest riddle, such as turning Hard Stones into Nuggets.

Rather prideful and arrogant regarding her intelligence, Carbuncle oftentimes looks down upon those that she deems unintelligent (she is quick to make judgments in this regard), and can be highly dismissive of them. Despite this, she will be genuinely nice to Pokemon that show an interest in anything scholarly, being more than happy to discuss anything in that regard (she isn't very talkative otherwise due to living in isolation), and is quick to recant snap judgments about intelligence. She is easily flustered in situations where her knowledge is pushed beyond its limits, such as a riddle she can't solve, and her relatively calm demeanor breaks down to something more panicky.

Her reason for going on Aine's quest is primarily to obtain more materials for her experiments--perhaps dragon scales are the key to the Elixir of Life, for example--and because, as a lonesome hermit, she feels the harsh laws passed by the Dragon Kings are intruding on her and her life's work.

Last edited:
  • Staff
@Greninjaman

Yes--Aine is my role. Even though the Dragon Kings are true dragons, they are still considered Dragon types.

The counterpart of Postwick is named Summerton, for the curious.

Your profile looks good--you are Accepted!

@SpinyShell

Alchemists can be a magic using class (something akin to Fullmetal Alchemist is what I'm picturing)

The Glimwood Tangle in this world is known as the Whisperwood--so named because the rustling of the glowing plants sound like voices.

You are Accepted!

Alright! I am excited about this adventure! By the way, what moves are we allowed to use? Like, are we limited by what our Pokemon can learn in the games or can we be a bit more creative and flexible with the move sets?

Alright! I am excited about this adventure!
Me too. I'm also a little nervous though as the depth of my RPing has been a handful of posts in the Fizzy Bubbles forum.
By the way, what moves are we allowed to use? Like, are we limited by what our Pokemon can learn in the games or can we be a bit more creative and flexible with the move sets?
To add onto this, will our Pokemon only be to use four moves, or will their movepools be more expanded? Also, will abilities factor into play? I debated putting my Espeon's ability in the sign-up post, but decided against it because abilities weren't listed. Thanks.

• Staff
@Greninjaman @SpinyShell

Actually, the friendly dragons are known as Jeweled Dragons--they are tasked with protecting the world and guiding all in it. Most of the Dragon types are loyal to the Jeweled Dragons.

The Galar counterparts do not match the Galar we know, plus a whole lot of new locations just for this adventure (based on Irish and some Scottish town names)

Any Pokemon can learn any move they have access to, regardless of how they learn it, in addition to class abilities. Pokemon abilities don't exist in this world.

@Greninjaman

I'm working on compiling some, but I should have basic ones ready.

For your class combo, you start with one ability from each--Double Slash (attack a target twice) from the Warrior tree and Enhance (from the Apothecary tree--boost an ally's next attack move, defensive move, or support move

For your class combo, you start with one ability from each
Just for clarification, does this mean that our character will level up on this quest, and gain access to more class abilities as we do so? And, will we be able to add a second/subclass during the adventure? I'm satisfied with my character's class, I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Just for clarification, does this mean that our character will level up on this quest, and gain access to more class abilities as we do so? And, will we be able to add a second/subclass during the adventure? I'm satisfied with my character's class, I'm just curious.

Thanks.
Adding on to that, are stats a thing, or are we ignoring them?

@Greninjaman @SpinyShell

You will be gaining levels, and you will be learning more abilities as you travel. (you will have a lot of them to learn--and many of them evolve the more you use them)

It is possible to multiclass up to three ways--you will have a choice between the three classes you are training when you level. If you want to reset your class and abilities and try a different combination, you can do this at any temple.

Mmmmm

Seeing everyone sign up for the first time makes me want to join as well... the last time I've done any creative writing was probably a decade ago, but here I go:

Character's name: Oz
Character's species: Glaceon (male)
Character's class: Sorceror
Character's inventory:
*A magic wand made from a light, durable metal. Despite this, it is covered in scratches due to Oz's intense training regime.

*A well-kept spellbook containing the various spells Oz has learned over the years. It is a thick, leatherbound book, with remnants of an Ice Stone embedded in its cover. It bears the crest of Oz's family. Oz himself can only read about half of the book; the rest is indecipherable to him and written in an old language only his parents understood.

* XL Mana Potion x1 (PP restoration, restores in full)

* XL Health Potion x1 (HP restoration, restores in full)

* Wallet (empty, spent on potions)
Character's personality/backstory:

Oz is the youngest member in a house of esteemed and noble magicians from Auriga (Ardamore's equivalent of Circhester City). Ever since he was an Eevee, he'd been harshly trained in the art of magic. However, his skills were lacking in comparison to his other family members. His parents felt dishonored by his inferior skills and promptly kicked him out into the snowy mountains to fend for himself. Luckily for him, before he was barred from his home, he had managed to steal his family's precious spellbook, which he continues to keep at his side. Since then, he has traveled south to other regions of Ardamore to train himself, and often devotes days to training and deciphering his family's texts.

Due to his strict and noble upbringing, Oz has become a bit spoiled. Often, he will go without meals or resources that he deems "unworthy" for someone of his stature, instead opting for more high-class amenities whenever possible. He has a good eye for quality goods and is an excellent negotiator, but he himself is almost always broke because of his spending habits. In part due to his own inferiority complex, he also tends to be rather haughty and grandiose in conversations with other people. That being said, he does tend to mellow out and open up about himself whenever he's around others in a similar situation as he is, as he usually feels no need to impress around them.

His reason for joining Aine is so that he can slay the Dragon Kings and prove his skills as a true master of the arcane so he can return home to his family with pride.

Last edited:
Ok, so far we have:
Aine the Sylveon, a Minstral
Aqua the Vaporeon, a Warrior/Apothecary
Carbuncle the Espeon, an Alchemist
Oz the Glaceon, a Sorcerer
Not a bad squad at the moment.

Also, I just noticed, each character was introduced in a different generation:
Vaporeon was introduced in Gen 1.
Espeon was introduced in Gen 2.
Glaceon was introduced in Gen 4.
Sylveon was introduced in gen 6.
The only ones left are: Jolteon, Flareon, (both are Gen 1) Umbreon (who is Gen 2), and Leafeon (who is gen 4).

By the way, @LightningTopaz, what is your character's profile?
Also, will Dyna/Gigantamax be thing in this story? I assume yes because of Galar, the region the world our story is based on.

Last edited:
@Greninjaman @SpinyShell @Tood

I'm aiming for representations of all the Eeveelutions, so every character is unique.

I'll draw up Aine's profile (and known abilities) shortly.

Dynamax and Gigantimax do exist in this version of Galar--but it is a magical ability that only magic based classes can learn

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom