• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Evolution

Dark Master Draya

I Dont Suck, It's Rigged
Reaction score
There are many ways for a pokemon to evolve...
examples of this are:
leval up
trade
stones and items
max happiness
and some pokemon that dont evolve at all
as well as many other methods
EeveeEvolution.gif

what is your favored method of evolution, which is the hardest and/or most anoying to carry out, the most original method, what is the easyest, which looks the coolset, which is most fun to achive.

Most annoying and hardest is Feebas > Milotic and it's my favorite way too. I hope more pokemons of similar way of evolution. It's fun and annoying at the same time.

I like Level evolutions better. It makes it reliable and I know when the Pokemon should evolve. With stone evolutions, I never know when it should evolve. Except with Eevee. You can evolve it whenever, and it will still get good moves.

My favorite method of evolution has to be level up. I hate pokemon that evolve by trade and happiness, I don't have anyone to trade with and it takes forever trying to get max happiness.

Stone Evolution is my favourite. Why? It's just fun and somehow a pretty way to help your Pokémon to evolve - and it doesn't evolve, if you don't want to. The most annoying thing is to have a Pokémon who's going to evolve via happiness, but you don't want it to evolve.. This goes with a level-up too, but mostly I want them to evolve when it comes to leveling.

Favorite: Stone, because I don't have to go through battles
Hardest: Trading, because I don't have a Pokefriend.
Most annoying: Level up or happiness, because battles and making a Pokemon happy take too long
Most original: Specific Pokemon trades

As a whole, I prefer the conventional method: Level-up evolution

I don't think I would ever do a trade evolution, though. It's not that I don't have anyone that I could trade with (my sister plays the games as well, so there's her), it's just that it's not worth my time.

I guess the same could be said about happiness evolution, too. Not really worth my time. The only time I used this method was to get Lucario in Platinum. Lucario is my top favorite Pokemon, so the wait was worth it.

Stone evolutions are okay, but they always leave me asking the question: "Is now a good time to evolve this Pokemon?" That question can just nag at me till I drive myself crazy, sometimes.

Level evolution for me. Its seems the most reliable. I like trade evolution only because a lot of my favorite pokemon (Magmorter, Electivire, Alakazam, etc.) Can only be gotten that way. Otherwise I think trade evolution sucks because you have to rely on someone else to help evolve your own pokemon.

The unique ways of evolving. Like how Glaceon and Leafeon evolve by leveling up beside stones. Bizarre, but cool.

Evolution by level-up. I don't like wasting stones, waiting to trade with my friend or whatever.

I prefer evolution by level up because as you get closer and closer to level your Pokemon up, you're making the stronger.

Favorite method?
Basic level-up. The original.
Hardest method?
Trading, since I have nobody to trade with in real-life.
Most annoying method?
Again, trading.
Most original method?
Wow, um, trading(with an item). I don't think those are present in other RPGs.
Easiest method?
Getting a Chansey from a Happiny. Hatch one, give it the Oval Stone, level up, BOOM, Chansey.
Looks the coolest?
I don't know what you mean.
Most fun to achieve?
Happiness evolutions. FINALLY, I got my Umbreon. Yayz!

well i hate trading and stones because i dont know when is a good time to evolve

i love happyness evolutions... the suspence and the joy once the pokemon evolves

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom