• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon for the Wii?

Today I was thinking a game I would like would be a more traditional RPG- the whole Pokemon Capture mechanic would be scrapped for a set team of 12 Pokemon, toghether representing the 17 types once with no repeats:

Pikachu- Electric, the player character focusing on attacks. Awakened in a strange world with no memories (however he has always been a Pikachu). His attacks are balanced and strong, which is good since he always must be on the team.

Flora the Bulbasaur- Grass/Poison, one of the party members at the onset that would focus on stat-altering moves. Meets up with Pikachu early on, and takes a liking to him. She is very fiesty and bossy, but has a caring side. Her moves involve altering the stats of enemies, and thus takes a back seat to fighting.

Shelton the Squirtle- Water, the other party member at the onset who would focus on defensive moves. A friend of Flora, he is her lackey but also is very knowledgeable. He plays a more supportive role in fights helping protect his teammates, but also can battle when the time comes.

Leonard the Smeargle- Normal, would be a Blue Mage-esque character. He'd join early on and be a rather unique character, since he can craft a moveset from enemies moves.

Wright the Bagon, Dragon, would be a Dragoon-esque character. A Bagon who wants to fly, he'd have moves such as Bounce and other jumping attacks.

Esper the Kirlia, Psycic, would be a White Mage/Dancer-esque character. Envokes dancing moves and healing moves to help out.

Pierre the Magcargo, Fire/Rock, would be a Geomancer-esque character. Lots of moves that involve the earth, including Nature Power, Secret Power, ect.

Count Gustavo the Gliscor, Ground/Flying, would be a character focusing on evasive type moves (such as Fly and Dig).

Benkei the Machamp, Fighting, would be a Warrior-esque character. He'd be able to equip any weapon.

Klaus the Scizor, Steel/Bug, would be a Ninja-esque character. Fast and quick moves make him a powerful character.

Wes the Weavile, Dark/Ice, would be a Thief-esque character. Envokes Thief, Knock Off, and many tricky moves.

Mystique the Mismagius, Ghost, would be a Black Mage-esque character. Has many moves of varying types.

The Team Pokemon would have movesets exclusively tailored to this game, but would consist of moves from the mainstream RPG's (with changed abilities to fit the system). The type system would work the same, but no complete immunities.

The Pokemon in this game exist in a world that is like ours, but if Pokemon ran it. Only Pikachu, you, even knows what a human is (however, human-made Pokemon exist...just say that other Pokemon made them :< ). Therefore, the Pokemon wear clothes (not full-body, but articles of clothing, armor, ect.) to make them more civil. They also have unique names as well, except for random NPC's of course.

The Enemy Pokemon, except for bosses, would be "savage" and be basically wild Pokemon who couldn't talk.

All 493 Pokemon would make appearances in some form, as random battles, bosses, townsfolks, shop owners, ect., ect. The Gotta Catch 'Em All aspect is kept through Aura Cards, magical cards you collect of each Pokemon. There is only one copy of each card and you obtain it through various ways. The cards contain an aura of that Pokemon, and can be equipped to your party members for them to gain different abilites based on that Pokemon. Each party member can have 2 equipped, and only cards of Pokemon with atleast one corresponding type.

The game would be for the Wii, but on multiple discs for it's size, and be cel-shaded for a nice cartoony look which I think would be better then the standard 3D we get.

Last edited:
I was thinking on this, and i thought it would be so cool if the ultimate shadow for the next game was Darkrai or Giratina. It probably won't be Giratina, though, cause of Platnium coming out.

I was thinking on this, and i thought it would be so cool if the ultimate shadow for the next game was Darkrai or Giratina. It probably won't be Giratina, though, cause of Platnium coming out.

Unlikely that Darkrai would also be it, as it seems that it is going to be purely an 'event' Pokemon, and wouldn't make an appearance in the game as a gettable Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom