• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Game in 2017

What pokemon game do you want to see in 2017 after Sun and Moon

• Gen 4 Remake

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Sun and Moon Sequel

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Pokemon Eclipse

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Pokemon Kanto Sequel

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Pokemon Spin-off (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2017)

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • None of the above, 2017 will have a break year

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters

StandbyForBattle

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Since Pokemon Sun and Moon is 3 days away (yay), I wonder what pokemon will come out after sun and moon. They're a lot of speculation going of what game will come out. People speculate Gen 4 remake is next line (which is true), Some people say Sun and Moon sequel might be next (we haven't had a sequel since black and white 2), Most people we'll get Pokemon Eclipse (Which Gamefreak hadn't done since Pokemon Platinum), Most people saying we might get a kanto sequel (They love Kanto so much, eventhough it's the 20th anniversary), and a couple of people saying 2017 will have a break year (since 2015 had a break year). But in my mind, i don't know what pokemon game we'll see. What do you thinks?

A break won't happen since we had one in 2015. I think it is either SM sequel, third version or DP remakes as the next games. Kanto sequels can be in a later gen in my opinion. I sincerely hope that we don't have a spin-off for the whole of 2017.

A break won't happen since we had one in 2015. I think it is either SM sequel, third version or DP remakes as the next games. Kanto sequels can be in a later gen in my opinion. I sincerely hope that we don't have a spin-off for the whole of 2017.
Okay Thank you for replying :)

I can't see them taking another year out. Something's likely coming, though I have no clue what it is. I'd guess Sun & Moon sequels, but...we'll see.

That said, if GF did decide to not release anything for more time to rest & give their next release more polish, I'm fine with that. These devs work hard for what we get, they deserve some time to take it easy.

To all the people think that Sinnoh remakes are coming next year, 2017 would be too early for remakes in my opinion. Three years after ORAS would be too short to build up hype. The earliest I see Sinnoh remakes happening is 2018.

I think that the hype currently is more for Kanto than Sinnoh.

I certainly would like to play a Shinnoh remake, as I haven't played DPPt. Frankly speaking, though, any of the above for Pokemon in the 3DS/Switch would be welcomed. I might go as far as to say that even if I don't end up playing them, I will happily welcome anything that is not Mario or Smash. The last thing I want would be the sorry excuse like the Wii U and its utter lack of variety and quantity in games.

Last edited:
I'd say it's a toss-up between a hiatus and Sinnoh remakes. Can't imagine they'd make a third version so quickly, and I think we'd be fine without visiting Kanto yet again. Got Virtual Console for that.

Right now, they have what is pretty much the golden opportunity for Kanto sequels. I do think it's too early for Sinnoh remakes; there isn't nearly as much online demand for them as there was for Hoenn remakes, and the one-screen nature of the Switch means that they'll be forced to be more innovative in how they adapt a two-screen game. Better to wait, on that front... but a hiatus year would kill the series's current momentum.

I won't be too upset if they decide to go with Sinnoh, but I think it'd be a shame to pass up the more creative option of a modernized Kanto.

A Kanto sequel would also work with the Virtual Console releases.

"Play the original games through Red, Blue and Yellow in 2016!"

"Coming in 2017 Kanto sequels!"
I think Masuda already confirmed no more remake or sequel that related to kanto, the Virtual Console is good enough, they'll be no purpose on going back to kanto. We already have Red and Green remake (Firered and Leafgreen), it wouldn't make since if they did a remake on red and green or a sequel

I think Masuda already confirmed no more remake or sequel that related to kanto

I've yet to see anybody provide an actual source for this claim.

the Virtual Console is good enough, they'll be no purpose on going back to kanto. We already have Red and Green remake (Firered and Leafgreen), it wouldn't make since if they did a remake on red and green or a sequel

You are equating 20- and 12-year-old games that run on vastly outdated engines and mechanics, to an SM-scale reimagining of Kanto on the latest console.

The Virtual Console is not a "good enough" substitute for that.

I've yet to see anybody provide an actual source for this claim.

I don't have a claim right now, but they only do remake and sequel for the game that haven't been remade, or had sequel to it (For example Diamond and Pearl haven't had a remake yet, For kanto sequel, we might get them in the future, but no in 2017)

You are equating 20- and 12-year-old games that run on vastly outdated engines and mechanics, to an SM-scale reimagining of Kanto on the latest console.

The Virtual Console is not a "good enough" substitute for that.

I don't have a claim right now, but they only do remake and sequel for the game that haven't been remade, or had sequel to it (For example Diamond and Pearl haven't had a remake yet, For kanto sequel, we might get them in the future, but no in 2017)

We have so many kanto references through the entire games (except black and white, because it was a soft reboot), let's just give kanto a break, the sequel might hapen in the future, but not in 2017, i think some people are getting sick of kanto

I think you are going to see a remake. Not sure which, personally I would prefer kanto because it is the only one I still cannot play on the new consoles (yes vc but I am talking cartrige). In terms of timeline its the one that should be next because it is older; however I would not be surprised to see them do gen IV because I already has had a remake. I highly doubt it will be a hiatus year though. They would have already started on the remake as soon as oras was finished, and xy and oras came out within a year of each other. The hiatus is more likely to be 2018 in their break year of creating the next game. This also makes more sense because I'm almost 90% certain the remake will be on 3ds exclusive. I could; however see them make gen 8 for the switch which would in fact need more time because it is totally different. Its a lot easier to remaster then to create so naturally that takes more time.

I think you are going to see a remake. Not sure which, personally I would prefer kanto because it is the only one I still cannot play on the new consoles (yes vc but I am talking cartrige). In terms of timeline its the one that should be next because it is older; however I would not be surprised to see them do gen IV because I already has had a remake. I highly doubt it will be a hiatus year though. They would have already started on the remake as soon as oras was finished, and xy and oras came out within a year of each other. The hiatus is more likely to be 2018 in their break year of creating the next game. This also makes more sense because I'm almost 90% certain the remake will be on 3ds exclusive. I could; however see them make gen 8 for the switch which would in fact need more time because it is totally different. Its a lot easier to remaster then to create so naturally that takes more time.
I think i can see Gen 4 remake happening in 2017 (on Nintendo 3ds) and Gen 8 in 2018 (on nintendo switch exclusive), because Nintendo 3ds and Wii U will be supported till 2018, once 2018 comes they won't make game for Nintendo 3ds and Wii U anymore, the game will be on nintendo switch, So likely they have to start off with the main gen, not the remake, sequel or third version

If they do a Kanto sequel, who sees Johto included as the post game region?

I'd be all in favor of this, but previously I've said in the Kanto/Johto Sequels thread that I have my doubts that they'd actually do it. Unlike Johto, Kanto has proven that it can uphold an entire game on its own. Johto has never actually gotten that chance, because it has always shared space with Kanto. And in general, I suspect that Game Freak just cares more about Kanto than Johto.

However, next year could (and hopefully will) be the year that Johto sees a bit of a comeback, with the Gen II Pokémon most likely being added to Pokémon Go. That'd be an opportune time to release GSC on the Virtual Console, and from there, they could release the Kanto/Johto sequels which mirror GSC by having us go from Kanto to Johto. (Although, I would actually prefer it if the region we started off in was dependent on the version, but I think that concept may be a bit too far out of Game Freak's comfort zone.)

I think i can see Gen 4 remake happening in 2017 (on Nintendo 3ds) and Gen 8 in 2018 (on nintendo switch exclusive), because Nintendo 3ds and Wii U will be supported till 2018, once 2018 comes they won't make game for Nintendo 3ds and Wii U anymore, the game will be on nintendo switch, So likely they have to start off with the main gen, not the remake, sequel or third version
The WiiU production has already been confirmed to have come to a close. So the WiiU will probably be only supported until 2017.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom