• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Game in 2017

What pokemon game do you want to see in 2017 after Sun and Moon

• Gen 4 Remake

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Sun and Moon Sequel

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Pokemon Eclipse

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Pokemon Kanto Sequel

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Pokemon Spin-off (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2017)

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • None of the above, 2017 will have a break year

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
SM feels like an incredibly tasty gourmet chocolate cake, that is served to you in a restaurant, but when the order arrives, you see that somebody has had a bite of your cake already. It is incredibly taste, but you can´t fully enjoy it because you keep thinking "why was I served an incomplete cake?"
XY feels like a not so tasty chocolate cake, but it is the full piece of cake that you payed for. It´s not so delicious, but it doesn´t leave you with less than what was expected.

And since XY is the less tasteful cake, it needs an improvment, while SM doesn't need the improvment here. Since the game decently big, we don't need a bigger portion for that matter. Quality>Quantity in that aspect.

Also coming back to the generell discussion. A fangame called Pokemon Prism got cancelled because the maker got a warning from Nintendo. Prism was one possibility for a third version game. so there could be something behind it.

Pokemon Prism getting cancelled doesn't mean much. I remember a similar project also being pulled from the Internet a week or two after release.

Idk if we get a remake,a Pokemon z,or an SM2 as long as whatever it is was better than sun and Moon.

I think game freak tried to give a story at the cost of a good game and the story was half finished and the story wasn't entertaining and full of holes.

I've went back and spent time in Ora's since finishing moon and just the amount of different choices you have from contests to the different battle facilities thruout hoenn just reminded me out how empty and incomplete SM really are.

Not to mention the differences and charm of the town's,from running thru ash covered grass,to a town of tree houses in the jungle,to a town floating on water.

No towns in moon stick out to me except the one based off Johto, really a shame alola has no personality.

Nicer graphics are good but a bare game built on half realized ideas with less than half a Pokedex was a waste,if whatever gamefreaks puts out in 2017 is closer to moon than Oras it might be time to hang up the Pokedex....

I've went back and spent time in Ora's since finishing moon and just the amount of different choices you have from contests to the different battle facilities thruout hoenn just reminded me out how empty and incomplete SM really are.
,if whatever gamefreaks puts out in 2017 is closer to moon than Oras it might be time to hang up the Pokedex....
I 100% agree with you, but keep in mind that you are comparing the first game of a generation (SM) with the last game of a generation (ORAS) and the last games of a generation are usually better, and a lot more content- packed than the first games, so it makes sense that this is the case with ORAS vs SM.

However, what I find surprising, is that even XY seems to have more content than SM.

Last edited:
I 100% agree with you, but keep in mind that you are comparing the firs game of a generation )SM) with the last game of a generation (ORAS) amd the last games of a generation are usually better, and a lot more content- packed than the first games, so it makes sense that this is the case with ORAS vs SM.

However, what I find surprising, is that even XY seems to have more content than SM.
Where is that? Are they playable on a pad?
Uranium. And you can play both if you know where to look. :)

Sent from my NX16A11264 using Tapatalk

General reminder that asking for or providing illegal Pokémon content is not allowed.

Please continue the discussion about legal Pokémon games in 2017.

I 100% agree with you, but keep in mind that you are comparing the firs game of a generation )SM) with the last game of a generation (ORAS) amd the last games of a generation are usually better, and a lot more content- packed than the first games, so it makes sense that this is the case with ORAS vs SM.

XY? Really? What does XY have that provides more content than Festival Plaza, that's exactly the kind of gameplay feature I wish XY had.

So does anyone see anything for 2017 besides Stars and Sinnoh remakes? I can't see anything else releasing besides maybe Kanto sequels or remakes.

So does anyone see anything for 2017 besides Stars and Sinnoh remakes? I can't see anything else releasing besides maybe Kanto sequels or remakes.
I don't see them releasing Kanto sequel or remake in 2017. We likely we'll see Kanto sequel in the future, but not in 2017, remake, we already have remake (Firered and Leafgreen), I don't see anything else, our minds is either on DP remake or Stars happening in 2017, it might be possible either of those two.

With the 17 movie being set in Kanto we'll prolly get a Kanto game or if we're lucky a duel region game like alola/Kanto

I have a feeling Sinnoh remakes would be up next. They've been putting way too much Kanto references in XY and SM, so I don't think a visit to the region itself is necessary, especially with the VC Gen1 games available.

Also (spoiler for SM plot-related content)
With the mentions of alternate dimensions and ultra space, they could make a brilliant tie-in with the Sinnoh lore, just as how ORAS made smooth connections with XY with mega energy.

Also (spoiler for SM plot-related content)
With the mentions of alternate dimensions and ultra space, they could make a brilliant tie-in with the Sinnoh lore, just as how ORAS made smooth connections with XY with mega energy.

This can still be done in Sinnoh remakes without them being the next releases, though.

I still think that Stars is the most likely for 2017. Sinnoh remakes will be poorly done if they arrive in 2017. Stars will be the testing ground for the Switch.

If stars is a 3ds title we might see it but I'd be completely shocked to see the rumoured switch game.

Even if Nintendo gave gamefreak a working switch 2 years ago to develop a game for it don't make business sense to release a main series game on a new console,as apposed to releasing it on the 3ds,the biggest selling platform available,it's not like a main series game is Pokken,an easily transferable arcade game.

If stars is a 3ds title we might see it but I'd be completely shocked to see the rumoured switch game.

Even if Nintendo gave gamefreak a working switch 2 years ago to develop a game for it don't make business sense to release a main series game on a new console,as apposed to releasing it on the 3ds,the biggest selling platform available,it's not like a main series game is Pokken,an easily transferable arcade game.
It doesn't make sense. The Switch's install base is zero. For now, they need to stay on the 3DS. When enough people have a Switch (like, in 2018 or 2019) they can release a Switch game. They did the same thing in Gen V.

Since Diamond and Pearl had Platinum as the third game, and now Sun and Moon might have Stars as a third game, Sun and Moon is like Diamond and Pearl, with less pokedex and material, Platinum have more material than Diamond and Pearl, since the rumor Stars might have more material than Sun and Moon, Do you think Diamond and Pearl and Sun and Moon might have some connection or do Platinum and Star have some connection too? D we think we'll get a DP remake or a Platinum remake, What do you think?

Why are people banking on next year's game being for the Switch? They certainly won't release a Switch game less than a year after the console launches. GF always waits until the console has a dedicated install base and then release games for it. For proof, Emerald was on the GBA when the DS was out and BW2 was on the DS when the 3DS was a year old.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom