• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Game Where You're The Evil Team

L.L.

Lord of the Whales
Reaction score
I recently saw an image of when that Rocket member asks you to join his team, where you then say no automatically. But that got me thinking. What if you could say yes? What if you could start in Team Rocket, where you slowly work you way up the ranks, while furthering Team Rocket's goals? If it was actually a game, I imagine you would play the game normally(minus stopping Giovanni) while secretly being a Rocket member. You would battle trainers, but if you're playing the Rocket side at the time, you can steal one of their Pokémon after the battle, and keep it yourself or give it to the team for bonuses.

What do you think of all this? Would you like a game like this? With what team? And how would you play it?

Curious; how would you "beat" the game?

I guess you have do something like conquer the region, just what the pokemon world would be like if the evil teams won.

I think it's definitely an interesting idea and could really up the maturity in pokemon, but I believe it's unlikely due pokemon being targeted at kids.

I wonder. It is an interesting concept. Though it does raise many questions. What would be the post game? Do you just stay in the evil team forever? Is there a "player" trying to stop you? If you accomplish your goals, what next?

I think it could make for an interesting side game, but seems a bit too complex based on main game storylines.

What would be the post game? Do you just stay in the evil team forever?
I imagine the evil team part as a secret identity type thing, allowing the player to lead a double life. I haven't thought into details too much, but it would probably be similar to a normal post-game, just with new features. Or maybe you enslave a reigon. Who knows what could happen?

Some choice making would probably be involved that actually affects the plot.

Wait, are you talking about the nugget bridge challenge thing? How do you not know about that-

Sorry, I got caught up and forgot about the question. Uh, no, not really. It's one of those 'good in theory' ideas. The Pokemon world isn't the place to try something like this. Mostly because villains as the protagonist only works in certain rare situations, and that usually when there's a reason you want the villain to win. Who really wants to be the guy separating children from their beloved Pokemon? Not me.

I don't know. Maybe if this series was more grim that would work but then you'd need a whole tone shift. Pokemon is too far on the light side of things to get into dark area without it coming out as satire, stupid, or fan service.

It does sound like an interesting idea, but it also sounds a bit too dark for this franchise. Playing as a villain and wanting to take over a region, or whatever the evil team's goal is, would go against what the franchise has generally established with its tone and message since day one.

I guess the game would have missions you have to complete, rather than collecting badges. Then, instead of fighting the champion, you fight your boss and take his place.

Maybe you cannot steal Pokemon, because you are some secret agent. Then you must not attract attention to yourself. You would probably steal your starter Pokemon, perhaps as a trial for becoming a member of the gang. But you wouldn't go around stealing Pokemon like in Colloseum, because then the police would catch you.

When it comes to taking over the world, I'm not sure how that would be done. The first I can think of it using a Pokemon army and start a war. But Pokemon isn't a war game, though I'd like to see a game like Starcraft with Pokemon in it. To lead in armies in Pocket Monsters, the game mechanics would have to change, letting you control troops and perhaps have a different battle system.

You can also take over the world with a few powerful Pokemon, like some super-Pokemon (Mewtwo for example), but then these Pokemon would be too strong to make the game challenging.

It might be cool to have a game where you choose between joining Aqua or Magma. Depending on which you chose, it is the opposite canon of that team. For example, if you join Aqua, it is the canon of Ruby. You play as one of the admins of the team (depending on gender). Since the admins of the opposite team do not appear in the normal main series games, it opens up a variety of story options. And, near the end, you catch whatever legendary the protag of R/S woundn't, which, therefore, due to being the opposite canon, matches your team. In place of Gym leaders, have special enemy grunts or something. And have your rival be the other admin.

I would absolutely play this game. I don't see it happening but it seems like it could be fun :)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom