• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Four Mafia! [ENDGAME]

Introduce Hammer votes? (Majority of votes on a single player would end the phase)

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah, I don't think it was Magnet Pull. Would it do one damage to me too?

Nah, I don't think it was Magnet Pull. Would it do one damage to me too?
What my thought (that honestly has no strong basis) was is that your attacker had the ability Magnet Pull, which in this setup might prevent steel-types from doing anything the next time. A lot Probopass would have a four-times weakness to fighting, and therefore would have every reason to fear a super effective attack on you.

which in this setup might prevent steel-types from doing anything the next time.
By that, I mean it's possible it would prevent a steel-type attacked by a user of this ability from doing anything the night after.

A lot Probopass would have a four-times weakness to fighting, and therefore would have every reason to fear a super effective attack on you.
My phone added an extra word.

I'd still like to hear from @Pikochu
Where you at?

What do you want to hear from me about?

Also how would you know it did 1HP damage? The move I used didn't tell me how much damage it did.

I'm sure that question was directed towards me: some move types would only do a normal amount of damage.

HD told me he and Aux were the only ones who hadn't claimed their type to him, so I kinda assumed he was AFK too.

No, I'm just not interested in claiming to HD as I didn't trust him. Starting to have fewer doubts on HD though given what has happened last night on my end.

No, I'm just not interested in claiming to HD as I didn't trust him. Starting to have fewer doubts on HD though given what has happened last night on my end.

I was dealt 2 damage HP in Night 2. I know I got one attack from somebody that should have dealt 2 damage, but it dealt 1 instead. If what you are saying is true, then I only received 0.5 damage from you to account for the Roleblocker? (though, maybe it didn't need to be an attack)

Could it be I got attacked from 3 players? Somebody must have used a move that was ineffective on me that roleblocked me for N3 instead... I am Fighting/Steel, and that would give me resistances to the following:

Normal - 1/2x
Dragon - 1/2x
Dark - 1/2x
Bug - 1/4x
Rock - 1/4x
Steel - 1/2x
Grass - 1/2x
Ice - 1/2x

I'm sure that question was directed towards me: some move types would only do a normal amount of damage.
Actually, I think that was directed towards me; my result explicitly told me that my attack was not very effective and only did 1 HP at all. Zinn may not have realized that attackers will be notified if the damage they inflict is anything other than neutrally effective. In fact, this is something I didn’t realize at first, either, which led to me making a gambit in this game that I realize now probably didn’t work.

You see, I’m not even weak to Ground at all. The real reason I was so sure that I was struck by a ground move on Night 1 is because of an ability that made me immune to it, and also explicitly notified me of the failed Ground attack directed at me. By lying that I was weak to it, I was hoping to bait my attacker into wasting their Ground move on me in future nights, but HD told me in OC that the attacker would’ve seen through it anyways because of the whole effectiveness notif thing I didn’t take into account. And for the record, I actually did take 2 HP damage that night in addition to the failed attack. Since the gambit wasn’t actually, um, useful, I figured it was best to reveal this information. Now you know.

Actually, I think that was directed towards me; my result explicitly told me that my attack was not very effective and only did 1 HP at all. Zinn may not have realized that attackers will be notified if the damage they inflict is anything other than neutrally effective. In fact, this is something I didn’t realize at first, either, which led to me making a gambit in this game that I realize now probably didn’t work.

You see, I’m not even weak to Ground at all. The real reason I was so sure that I was struck by a ground move on Night 1 is because of an ability that made me immune to it, and also explicitly notified me of the failed Ground attack directed at me. By lying that I was weak to it, I was hoping to bait my attacker into wasting their Ground move on me in future nights, but HD told me in OC that the attacker would’ve seen through it anyways because of the whole effectiveness notif thing I didn’t take into account. And for the record, I actually did take 2 HP damage that night in addition to the failed attack. Since the gambit wasn’t actually, um, useful, I figured it was best to reveal this information. Now you know.
Hmm, impressive gambit...

Seems like you were Mafia banged because of your claim...

Did you get a notification that you can't attack the next Night Phase like I did?

I suppose since it's fine, judging by my OC, I'd like to fully come out with my Types. Dragon/Ground.

And I guess that also means it's fine to out that you attacked me N2 and gave credence to my Steel-type because it resisted your attack.

And I guess that also means it's fine to out that you attacked me N2 and gave credence to my Steel-type because it resisted your attack.
Indeed. Furthermore, it proves your other Type can't be Dragon, so you're cleared...if only Legendary Pokémon are Mafia in this game.

Yeah sorry I did post weirdly. Also that is indeed confusing, I was confused how you knew what amount of damage you did when I wasn't told how much I did.

well, shit. no one likes me for no reason other than the fact that im slow and unable to be 100% active. really nice guys. im figuring out who the mafia people are and stuff while you guys kill me in the background.

well, shit. no one likes me for no reason other than the fact that im slow and unable to be 100% active. really nice guys. im figuring out who the mafia people are and stuff while you guys kill me in the background.
So what have you figured out so far, then?

I believe its CC, HD and Pod, assuming that there's only three Mafia and they're all the Creation trio. Would need to check Pod (most shaky of my three sus) this night since an attack from me would be negated.

And yes, I know mass claims can be dangerous, but like, everyone's already voting me anyway, so I'll die whether or not this is correct. And... it could bring the suspicion levels up a bit. >:3c

Back
Top Bottom