• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Three Mafia! [ENDGAME - MAFIA / INDEP WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night Three Start

I should announce to you that I have tweaked the rules slightly, the name and type claiming rule in particular, it has been clarified to say you may not claim move names or move types aswell. This was changed due to myself being asked by a player or two.

Secondly, the OP has been updated with who has died already, so people can keep track.
Player votedNo. of VotesWho voted?
AussieEevee1Max1996
Max19963Rainbow Cloud, AussieEevee, Lone_Garurumon
Pika_pika421Officer Snake

AussieEevee took 1HP Damage
Max1996 took 3HP Damage
Pika_pika42 took 1HP Damage

It is now Night Three, this phase will end approx 48 hours from now, take a few minutes.

Also regarding pokemon and types in the game, my role suggests the existence of Ground type moves in the game and by extention I'm guessing that means Ground type pokemon too, thinking this could be Groudon?
I cant speak for everyone but I assume it's the same that everyone has STAB moves only. So in that case there is at least a ground type. It's likely meant against groudon.
Changing tracks. @DarthWolf, has anything happened to you since the phase change?
Nothing special if that is what you're asking. Not as far as I'm aware. Why?

I definitely with Max' point of view but I'm wondering how much of a scum action it is instead of max just being max I guess. Definitely worth a shot though. Time to prove yourself.

There’s a specific way of doing it that doesn’t work.

iirc, if you copy/paste from the original post without going into “edit” and copying from there, is when you don’t get the mentions.

also, I love how my single non-game related post has generated more conversation than anything else so far. :p

Hello all, apologies for this but the phase has to be extended till about 9PM GMT, an extra 4 hours from now. I'm very ill, and can't look at a screen for more than a few seconds, i've even had to get someone to just type this for me...

Sorry :(

Hello all, apologies for this but the phase has to be extended till about 9PM GMT, an extra 4 hours from now. I'm very ill, and can't look at a screen for more than a few seconds, i've even had to get someone to just type this for me...

No problem. Get well soon!

It's completely alright. Health is much more important. Please take care and get well soon.

ME subs for Feenie
On another note, since I really wanted to get this out before phase change.

@Magnificent Entertainer is subbing in for @Feenie effective immediately, you may confirm and post.

I'm now gonna set an alarm and nap so I can get better. You have 3 and a half hours till phase end, dont forget to get your actions in! :)

For the record, since I assume that I was fearkilled the first time, and that it will potentially happen again, let's get a few things straight.

Number 1: Personally, I'm not particularly fond of AussieEevee, jdthebud or MegaPod right now.
jdthebud:
Interesting. Possible scum type?
This is, literally, the most useless post in the entire game so far. Given that we're not talking about guaranteed Legendary Mafia (I'll get to that part in a bit), literally any type in the game is a "possible scum type."
I expect better from a fellow engineer.

AussieEevee:
IIRC, In the previous games, the scum were the legendaries... Which means Giratina is a very real possibility.

But I don't think Zinn's type, if I'm correct, matches any of the Hoenn Legendaries.

(Also, guys... just as a note... we can speculate about your type, but you can't confirm or deny it.)
No. The point stands that the mafia is likely to be groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza... Generation 3's box legendaries.

None of the legendaries are ghost-type, so I'd say Megapod is pretty much clear. At least for the moment.
sigh Okay, I've said this before, but it must not have sunk in. THE MAFIA IN THIS GAME ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO BE THE LEGENDARIES!
It says so right in the game's OP. I noticed it, Zinn noticed it, I would think jd noticed it, if he assumed that Ghost is a "possible scum type."
Clearing MegaPod just because of his alleged type is terrible, terrible logic, especially when I believe MegaPod is actually scum. If MegaPod flips scum, I'd like to take a long look at AE, especially given his recent aggression against Max. (I'll bring up my particular points about both Max and Zinn in Number 2.)

MegaPod: Now, this I will admit is more of a gut read than anything, but I'm 95+% sure that the reason I was killed N1 is because MegaPod wanted me to join PotW Mafia. It also really does feel like he was just going for easy damage on Zinn during D2.
I do also find it weird that his original answer to Contrainer (Snake 2)'s RQS was a complete non-answer.
I’m the leader of a Cult of Jesters. I recruit people into needing to be lynched to win. :p
This does not help anybody solve anything.

Anyway, I've pontificated on this particular point for long enough. I'm fairly confident at least 1 out of those 3 is scum, and I really do think that a MegaPod/AE scumbuddy scenario is possible.

Point Number 2: Max and Zinn. I actually think both of them are town.
Zinn's playstyle is somewhat naive and limited, based on my observations from Chaos Mafia. I think taking something that a player as experienced as ME1 was as "gospel" is not a bad strategy, and, given that, it makes perfect sense that the first thing Zinn would do after ME1 died and flipped Town is act on his statement that he and Darth are never in the same faction.
Furthermore, Zinn has been taking the lead on a lot of stances and seems to genuinely be working to progress the game. In a situation like this, Town has little to no information to work with, and all mafia really needs to do to keep up their momentum is to sit back and watch town destroy themselves. Maybe taking potshots at someone that other town members suspect and/or subtly manipulating or exacerbating conflicts between Town players. (This is another reason it feels like AE is scum. He seems to be driving a continuous wedge between players, instead of encouraging people to work together.)

As for Max, Zinn's playstyle is fairly foreign to him and does not make sense. He sees Zinn leaping at, what he considers to be, very flimsy logic in order to lynch players, and does not see that Zinn is trying to progress the game forward in the absence of concrete facts. This makes sense, and puts Max's votes on Zinn into the perspective of someone who is just focusing on the votes themselves, not the overall game progress. Max's playstyle is very consistent with more of a smaller picture view than looking at the larger picture. It's always in the "here and now," which explains his usual bandwagoning positions, since other players make good cases in the "here and now."

So, given this, it's a good idea to look at who seems to be voting for one or the other of these players and who seems to be driving up the conflict between them, or isolating them from the rest of the players in general.
Again, MegaPod and AE both backed Max's vote on Zinn D2, which escalated the conflict, and allowed for easy chip damage on a player, and now AE is driving up his aggression on Max, in what, to me, appears to be a fairly blatant attempt at driving a wedge between Max and the rest of the game to make it easier to vote for him in future phases.

Point Number 3: Now that I'm back, my OC chats are once again open for business. I specifically asked Calvin, and he said I can continue to use the same ones I made before. Isn't that convenient? Expect me to reach out to all of y'all again in the near future, but I will not repeat my mistake from D1-N1 again. If I have important thoughts and comments, they'll be going either here, or into the ears of someone I deem trustworthy.

Final Point: Now, because I know some of you will take what I have to say as gospel, I want to make it perfectly clear what my recommendations are, moving forward. (Since I assume I will be dead by phase end.)

I personally would go for a MegaPod lynch tomorrow, if possible. I know that my particular feelings on MegaPod are mostly a gut read, but it's a damn strong gut read.
If y'all are more comfortable with hard data/game based reads, AE is probably the better place to start.

I will, at some point, go back and reread everything again, just to make sure I haven't missed anything important. I was keeping up with the game, but I was not taking notes, since I had died. All of the above is based on the major points I remembered thinking while watching the game unfold.

That is all, for now, and it is good to be back.
dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom