• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Three Mafia! [ENDGAME - MAFIA / INDEP WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thought, looks like I’m stuck here indefinitely, so I might as well post my thoughts now, since I will likely collapse in a heap as soon as I get home.

1. I fully expected jdthebud to flip as scum. The fact that he did not changes the paradigm underwhich I had been working.
  2. You have all been given your marching orders for tonight. Please follow those instructions. If you would like clarification, you can certainly message me, and I may be inclined to fill you in.
  3. I am going to be busy as all hell with a trade show this week, so my responses to things may be a bit slow. Especially if shit like this keeps happening and I find myself stuck at train stations because the police cut the power.
  4. My legs are killing me. I was standing for six hours before this shit happened.

Ok, checked what I can say and going to claim now, I'm jd's Neighbour, I guess?
I think that's the closest thing that matches the role anyway given the alignments were not confirmed?
I don't know about alignments being unconfirmed...Solrock is Town, so no way Lunatone wouldn't be...though that makes it closer to Masons...

Phase will end in about 7-8 hours from now. Apologies for another extension :/

Day Seven Start

Dear Max1996,

You are Wingull! The Seagull Pokemon!

You are a somewhat common Pokemon in Hoenn, found on many of the routes that border the sea. Your evolved form is Pelipper. You are a Water / Flying type, and in turn you're actions are the following:

Water Gun: Player Name
This is a 1HP damage Water type attack. This will deal this amount to any target you choose, taking type effectiveness into account.
Gust: Player Name
This is a 1HP damage Flying type attack. This will deal this amount to any target you choose, taking type effectiveness into account.

You may only use one of these per night, not both. You have a chance of evolving into Pelipper each night.

You are sided with the Protectors of Hoenn (TOWN), You win when all forces threatening the town are destroyed.

Dear Max1996,

You evolved into Pelipper! The water bird pokemon!

Your attacks are as follows:

Water Gun: Name
Now that you have evolved, this will deal 2HP water damage to your target.

Wing Attack: Name
Now you have evolved, this will deal 2HP Flying type damage to your target.

Finally, you now have the ability Keen Eye: Name
This allows you to check a player, then you will be able to see just one of that pokemons habitat.

Your HP and Wincon remains the same as before you evolved!

Max1996 has been killed, they were sided with the town.

Dear, Pika_pika42,

You are Tyrogue! The Scuffle Pokemon!

You are a fairly unique Pokemon originating in Hoenn, you are unique in the sense you can have 3 different paths of evolution. Your actions are the following:

Tackle: Player Name
This is a normal type 1HP damage move. This will deal 1HP damage to whoever you target. Taking type effectiveness into account.

Besides this, you have the ability of Guts, this ability doubles your attack damage if you are inflicted with a status condition. (Burn and Poison only.)

Your evolution works in the following way:
If you have dealt more damage then recieved, at the time of evolution, you will evolve into Hitmonlee
If you have recieved more damage than dealt, at the time of evolution, you will evolve into Hitmonchan
If you have dealt damage that is equal to damage recieved, you will evolve into Hitmontop

You are sided with the Protectors of Hoenn (TOWN), You win when all forces threatening the town are destroyed.

You have 15HP.

Dear Pika_pika42,

You evolved into Hitmonchan! The Punching Pokemon!

Your actions have changed into the following:

1x Thunder-punch: Name
This attack deals 2HP Electric type damage to your target, with a 30% chance to paralyze them. (Roleblock)

1x Ice punch: Name
This attack deals 2HP Ice type damage to your target.

1x Fire Punch: Name
This attack deals 2HP Fire type damage to your target. This has a 30% chance to inflict the Burn status condition on your target.

Your HP And wincon remains the same as before you evolved.

Really sorry about sending this so late, it was in my drafts and I didn't realised I left it out. :/

(FYI You no longer have the move Tackle OR the ability Guts)

Pika_pika42 has died, they were sided with the Town.

It is now Day Seven, this phase will end 48 hours from this posts timestamp. However, I will allow a hammer vote (Not necessarily a lynch) if everyone votes and doesn't want to wait for 48 hours. I understand the game has been dragging a little now.

The game is currently in a MyLO situation. (If a lynch is possible.)

@Magnificent Entertainer starting to think you may have bussed Pod to gain our trust and become the leader now, you've lead us on a wild goose chase with jd and Pika, it's also convenient how I've not taken any damage or been killed, is that because I have a useless non-threatening role which I revealed to you in OC several phases ago?

@Lone_Garurumon you've kind of been going along what everyone else has been saying most of the game, you did vote Pod first when I called out the wagon on Zinn which is a plus but I'm not sure if you've just been going along with the flow and blending because we've mostly been going for the wrong targets?

@Jinjo you've not contributed much other than to throw shade around on a few players and just vote with the majority without giving reason.

@Officer Snake what was the evidence you say you had against Pika? You've been pretty scummy throughout the game giving little reason for your votes and lying low most of the time and ignoring the main topics of discussion.

Vote: Officer Snake

So, allow me to explain what happened, re: Pika_Pika, which, unfortunately, I can do in full now that Max has flipped.

Max and I assumed that his Keen Eye was a cop check, given that it is the closest we have to such a thing existing in this game.
I had him check Pika_Pika on N5, on the offhand chance that I was mistaken about Snake. The result that Max got was that Pika was not native to Hoenn. Given that we know one of the mafiosos is Deoxys, and Deoxys is native to space, the result Max got seemed like a scum check from a Cop.
...I’m really not sure what Tyrogue, of all Pokémon, is doing in Gen III Mafia. Is it even possible to catch Tyrogue in RSE?

Anyway, with this flip, it’s pretty clear that Snake has been the Snake in the grass this whole time, so:

Yeah, Snake is concerning right now. You tunnelled on Pika to the point of almost ignoring everything else that went on in-thread, and for what? You've contributed nothing besides going after a town player with all you've got.

I just recently woke up and I have not been liking the way how Snake has been playing. He kept voting Pika which looked like an easy way for scum to take out a town player's hp, he did not vote MegaPod and that looked like he wanted MegaPod to avoid losing an extra hp, and I did not like the way how Snake provided his thoughts about me because I was the first person to guess Zinn was town and then other players started parroting me.

@Magnificent Entertainer hats off to you sir, bussing megapod allowing you to gain the trust of town as their leader and painting me and jdthebud as scum with Pika unfortunate cop check as well. Also, well done to you scumbuddy (probably rainbow or lone). (You guys only needed 3 votes to end me today)

Vote: Magnificent Entertainer
I did not like the way how Snake provided his thoughts about me because I was the first person to guess Zinn was town and then other players started parroting me.
.... :bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm::bulbaFacepalm:... speechless

Player VotedNumber of votesWho voted?
Officer Snake4Rainbow Cloud, ME, Lone_Garurumon, Jinjo
Magnificent Entertainer1Officer Snake

Officer Snake took 4HP damage. They fainted!
Dear Contrainer,

You are Trapinch! The Ant Pit Pokemon!

You are a Ground type that made its debut in Generation III.

Unfortunately, you're not very useful until you evolve. Until then you are a Vanilla. However, to compensate for this, your evolution into Vibrava is a higher chance than any other Pokemon in the game.

You have 15HP.

"You now have 14HP."

Dear Officer Snake,

You evolved into Vibrava! The Vibration Pokemon!

Now you may use Bite: Name to attack one player per night dealing 1HP Dark type damage.

Alternatively you can use Hidden Power: Name to attack one player per night dealing 1HP Random type damage.

Lastly, you now have the ability Levitate, this renders any ground attacks against you noneffective and useless.

Your HP and Win con remains the same.

Dear Officer Snake,

You evolved into Flygon! The Mystic Pokemon!

You have lost your bite attack, and it has been replaced with the following:
Hyper Beam: Name
This will deal 5HP normal damage to your target. You cannot use any actions the night after this is used.

Hidden Power:
(Same as before evolution)

Dragonbreath: Name
This is a dragon type attack that always does 3HP damage, regardless of type effectiveness.

Your HP and wincon remains the same.

With the loss of yet another Pokemon, the defenders of Hoenn had dwindled down to their last few. Deoxys and Jirachi, although losing their possessed Pokemon Shuppet had successfully outnumbered the forces that valiantly tried to defend Hoenn. Flygon was the last credible threat to them, and they disposed of fairly easily, persuading others in their crusade. It took Flygon just a second too late to realise that the Pokemon wreaking havoc were in fact the same as the one who had came from the crashed Meteorite. What will Deoxys do now? Any threat to them can easily be brushed aside. What awaits the humans and Pokemon alike of Hoenn...

With the death of Officer Snake, Mafia now outnumber the town forces. Thus Mafia Wins!

Congratulations to both Magnificent Entertainer and Lone_Garurumon

Dear Jinjo,

You are Mawile! The Deciever Pokemon!

You are a steel type, originating in Generation III. Your actions are the following:

Bite: Player Name
This is a dark type 2HP damage move. This will deal 2P damage to whoever you target. Taking type effectiveness into account.

You have no evolution nor ability. To make up for this, should you be attacked by a move from somebody, the second head that you have will bite the attacker, dealing 2HP damage. (This is always set to be 2HP) You are a somewhat lonely Pokemon, and as such you are not a direct part of the conflict going on. This makes you a Survivor.

You are sided with yourself. You win should you survive till the end of the game.

You have 15HP.
Jinjo survived till the endgame, this means that they have also won!

Congratulations to the Mafia and Jinjo!

A post will come soon to ask all the players of the game some questions. For now, bask in your victory. (Or defeat)

Here are the questions I would love for you guys to answer if you have the time. I would also love every type of feedback and constructive criticism in order to make Gen IV much better.

What did you like and dislike about the game?

Besides general hosting, and the fact there was no flavour text, what would you improve?

What did you think of the roles made?

Is there anything you would like to add that hasn't already been mentioned / asked?

Last of all, Gen IV is in the works, would you join and what would you like to see implemented?

(If possible I will be evaluating all options and advice given, but will still keep the game holding true to mafia itself, and not becoming too far from it)

A huge thankyou to everyone that joined, I understand a few of you may not have enjoyed parts of the game, and it is completely understandable. This was my first game back as a host after my absence, and I would not have been able to make a game like this without the players. Once again, thankyou!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom