• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Three Mafia! [ENDGAME - MAFIA / INDEP WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me curious, @Magnificent Entertainer...Were you legitimately surprised my Keen Eye result on Pika came back as 'not native to Hoenn'?
I was, yes.

On the other hand, I chose Pika as my choice for your target because, if he showed up as Town, it gave me an excuse to double down on Snake.
I assumed he would show up as Town, but, of course, if anyone shows up as scum on a Cop Check, that always gives you a legitimate excuse to go after them.

So my choice of Pika as your check was deliberate and I had a plan in mind, but the result was better than I had possibly anticipated.

I was, yes.

On the other hand, I chose Pika as my choice for your target because, if he showed up as Town, it gave me an excuse to double down on Snake.
I assumed he would show up as Town, but, of course, if anyone shows up as scum on a Cop Check, that always gives you a legitimate excuse to go after them.

So my choice of Pika as your check was deliberate and I had a plan in mind, but the result was better than I had possibly anticipated.
Oh if only I got heads back then and not tails
Referring to a coin toss I did to decide between Jinjo and Pika for my Keen Eye.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVXi_UVkTs

Well, another Generation of Pokemon Mafia Game, another easy victory for ME. :p

sigh As Calvin said, this will indeed be the last time I play in this particular series of games. Even with all the restrictions and limitations that Calvin put on the game, I was still able to exploit the setup and just break everything.
Heck, the entire reason that Snake 1.0 needed to be modkilled was because I had at least five different ways of using confirmed Town Snake to break the game apart effortlessly as ME 1.0, and that was within the first twelve hours of the game!
It is unfortunate, since I really did enjoy playing this and Gen One Mafia, but it's no fun for me if it's too easy, and it's no fun for you all to have to face off against me in a setup where, no matter which side I'm on, the opposing team is already at a massive disadvantage.

As Calvin says, this was a mutual decision, and I definitely don't have any ill will towards him about it, because, honestly, I was probably going to sit out the future games, anyway. This just makes it official.

That said, I did have a really good time playing with you all, and Calvin did a wonderful job hosting. There are just some things that hosts cannot be prepared for. I am one of them, and, in order for this particular excellent setup to continue, I cannot play anymore.

And yet, you've made it a rule that anytime I join a game, you should be added in, too. :unsure:

Really, though, there's nothing to feel bad about. You all played very well, and, really, there wasn't any outward sign that I was scum, nor is there ever one. That's just how I play. The major thing that tipped me over the edge this time was the setup. I exploited the setup by crunching HP damage numbers in order to delay the deaths of known Town members as long as I possibly could, so that I could maintain my credibility as I dwindled the Town's power and eliminated its information roles. Stalling out the game, and abusing the mafia's nightkill were how I was able to win. Not because any of you made any normally fatal mistakes. This is why I can no longer play in this particular setup. It's too broken when I do it.

Now, a few things to keep in mind in the future, make sure that you are all talking to each other, and not just one person. If all the information is going through one conduit, and that conduit is scum, you're sunk. Basic Town 101 in OC games, chat with as many people as possible and strategize outside of the thread. You'll note that it was town!ME that setup all of the OC chats that we ended up using in the first place, and that's because information is the key to solving mafia games, for Town or scum. OC gives town a chance to minimize and control who gets what information. It is always to Town's benefit to take advantage of OC, and it is mafia's job to compromise those hidden channels and give Town bad information and bad orders.
Why does this prevent you from playing the game. I did a similar thing in gen 2 mafia where i got all the roleclaims for my team which made us win the game. I don't see what prevents you from doing that.
Actually, MP, you played pretty damn well. I pulled my case on you pretty much out of my ass, but made it sound good, so people would buy it.
I told you your argument against mp wasn't good :p

What did you like and dislike about the game?
I didn't notice much last time since I was scum but no lynch power, the main town power, while still having night kills is way too unbalanced. This caused me to lose interest in the game from d1.
Besides general hosting, and the fact there was no flavour text, what would you improve?

Besides changing the above I can't think of anything right now.
What did you think of the roles made?

I didn't read any details after death but I can definitely comment on my role. Having all 1x powers when we have no info/interest in the game makes you not use them as that will just be a waste. Being able to provide consistent damage in some way would have been nice, let the poison be an unlimited thing for example, once per player.
Is there anything you would like to add that hasn't already been mentioned / asked?

The game eventually got rolling in a good way but by then it was already too late to get the best result out. Thanks for hosting though, you're not to blame for this in terms of host organisation.
Last of all, Gen IV is in the works, would you join and what would you like to see implemented?

IIf my mayor issue is changed, sure, otherwise no.

Why does this prevent you from playing the game. I did a similar thing in gen 2 mafia where i got all the roleclaims for my team which made us win the game. I don't see what prevents you from doing that.
It’s not just that, Darth. Getting roleclaims is something I do in every game.
Here, I deliberately exploited the setup itself. I crunched the HP numbers, ran the calculations, and deliberately timed each and every death in this game to occur at the point where it would be most advantageous for me. Putting off jd’s death until after AE was killed, timing the Pika_Pika death to coincide with Max’s death, etc. the setup is far too math heavy, such that, no matter which faction I’m part of, I can exploit it far too easily. That’s not fair, and that’s why I can’t play in these games anymore.

It’s not just that, Darth. Getting roleclaims is something I do in every game.
Here, I deliberately exploited the setup itself. I crunched the HP numbers, ran the calculations, and deliberately timed each and every death in this game to occur at the point where it would be most advantageous for me. Putting off jd’s death until after AE was killed, timing the Pika_Pika death to coincide with Max’s death, etc. the setup is far too math heavy, such that, no matter which faction I’m part of, I can exploit it far too easily. That’s not fair, and that’s why I can’t play in these games anymore.
Wow...I guess either Town or Mafia wouldn't stand a chance against that, depending on which side you were on...

Okay, as amusing as this has been, I think we've put them on for long enough, @Calvin ッ.

Does anyone remember when Calvin made this little post in TWR Discord?

Well, that was because I had just agreed to lend a hand in hosting future installments of this series. Much like many of y'all I noticed the imbalance in the setup, and I did very much so exploit it to the point of it being pretty damn broken.
But, instead of just sitting around and complaining about it, I'm going to help fix it.

So, while it is true that I am banned from playing future installments of this series, that is not because I have grown far too powerful and cannot be stopped in this particular setup, though that is partially true. It is. in fact, because I will be hosting the game and, unlike Chaos Mafia, this series is not, and never will be, bastard, so the hosts cannot also be players.

And yes, the very first thing we are looking at is a way to balance out the mafia's night kill. I completely understand where Calvin was going with that idea, since the game was ridiculously townsided in Gen One Mafia, but, in an attempt to correct for the issues there, he went a little overboard in the other direction.

Obviously, with my life in its current chaotic state, planning stages for Gen IV Mafia will be delayed for a little while, but we've already brainstormed a few ideas back and forth while I was busy ROFLStomping you lot. I'm good at multitasking. :p

But yeah, I wanted to have a little fun with y'all, which is why this wasn't announced right away. Don't blame Calvin. This late April Fools' Day joke is entirely on ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom