• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Two Mafia! [Night Eight]

How would you like your Days, I have plans for both.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Zexy is indeed Sunkern, then that Pokémon had perfect Pokéathlon stats. I know this is Gen II, but there could be some sort of joke in this game with it having hidden strengths despite a terrible BST.

Yeah the Team Rocket Meowth has dressed up as Sunflora about 12 different times.

I think somefin to keep in mind is how zexy is softclaiming a rather obscure pokemon...it would be safer for mafia to claim a role that is less likely to be in the game. Though, the fact that he is claiming so early does not seem like something scum would do.

I don't quite understand why Zexy would soft-claim right away, unless I'm missing a key point in how to play this particular game.
Rainbow Cloud said:
Since we're allowed to state the name, the pokemon Zexy is softclaiming sounds like Sunkern/Sunflora. It also happens to be one of the least threatening sounding pokemon and seems like it would be more likely to be a town role.
This does seem likely, but I don't get the rhyming he was doing?

I think somefin to keep in mind is how zexy is softclaiming a rather obscure pokemon...it would be safer for mafia to claim a role that is less likely to be in the game. Though, the fact that he is claiming so early does not seem like something scum would do.
Which one are you leaning towards more? You mentioned how it would be safe for mafia to (soft?)claim a role that is not as likely to be in the game, so that makes me think you're leaning towards distrusting his claim.

Which one are you leaning towards more? You mentioned how it would be safe for mafia to (soft?)claim a role that is not as likely to be in the game, so that makes me think you're leaning towards distrusting his claim.
I don't currently have a strong opinion either way, but I am leaning more towards distrusting it, I suppose...also, it's of note that if he was town aligned, he'd be announcing his weakness to both aeroblast and sacred fire, two moves the mafia almost certainly has access to. Not the wisest of decisions.

on one hand, I'd be interested in seeing if there are any grass-types that desire to speak up and softclaim. There can only be so many grass-types in the game, especially considering celebi is probably taking up its own grass slot on the mafia side. But on the other hand, they'd be opening themselves up to attacks from ho-oh and lugia, as I said. Hmm...

on one hand, I'd be interested in seeing if there are any grass-types that desire to speak up and softclaim. There can only be so many grass-types in the game, especially considering celebi is probably taking up its own grass slot on the mafia side. But on the other hand, they'd be opening themselves up to attacks from ho-oh and lugia, as I said. Hmm...
Wasn't Celebi attacked by Ho-Oh and Lugia in the opening post? I think a Celebi would be Town, maybe even indep.

Wasn't Celebi attacked by Ho-Oh and Lugia in the opening post? I think a Celebi would be Town, maybe even indep.
my assumption was that it was attacked and then converted. It and suicune are the main contenders for the third maf (unless there's four...? :c), with suicune being the only dog that wouldn't be awkward to single out considering its prominence in crystal.

...or maybe it's houndoom since that's archer's main pokemon. *shrug*

my assumption was that it was attacked and then converted. It and suicune are the main contenders for the third maf (unless there's four...? :c), with suicune being the only dog that wouldn't be awkward to single out considering its prominence in crystal.

With 15 players we must have at least 3 mafia. 4 Is still an option though, but I think unlikely in terms of balance as far as I've learned.

With 15 players we must have at least 3 mafia. 4 Is still an option though, but I think unlikely in terms of balance as far as I've learned.

I definitely don't trust his claim...

I mean... He's not under pressure, and he makes a soft claim this early in the game? Doesn't make sense to me.
I also find it unlikely that someone would basically outright claim their entire role straight away. Seems like a bit of a scummy strategy to make sure everyone thinks they're town.

This could just be a legitimate townie trying to find other town, but my paranoia is saying that your slight push for a grass type to reveal themselves isnt entirely innocent. I don't know why but this just seemed off to me.

With the little information we have, I could see a scum team between Zexy and Rain... That's just the tone I get currently, as they could be bussing weakly early without voting. Rain's contradicting themself by asking for soft claims but saying it's a bad idea. Looks like they may want to backtrack later if someone uses this against them. And they seem fairly certain about what's in the mafia team. This may be an attempt to get a misunderstanding about what is actually in the mafia, and cover up the real Pokemon in the team.

Zexy seems to be going slightly off general town meta from what I remember. I'm usually playing one of his games, or his playing mine, so I haven't taken too much notice. But I find that they play safer as town. That's all I can really suck out of the straws I'm grasping at for now. I like swarla's stuff above though. And Darth seems helpful.

Rainsquid is actually giving me town-y vibes from his posts.

I really don't care for meta (although in some cases it can come in handy) but Zexy is known to soft-claim early in games whether it be more obviously like in this case or more subtle. He did it once before as mafia, but it seems like he's more likely to do it when he's town. Still don't see what he really gains right now from doing it or what the rhyming meant.

I don't quite understand why Zexy would soft-claim right away, unless I'm missing a key point in how to play this particular game.
I had reasons for softclaiming, and it is related to what my actual role does. Not the type matchups/attacks part. I don't think I should say more yet, though, that would be giving mafia too much information.
This does seem likely, but I don't get the rhyming he was doing?
The rhyming was just part of it.
I'd advise against that. Mostly because of the latter part Rainsquid herself stated.
I mean... He's not under pressure, and he makes a soft claim this early in the game? Doesn't make sense to me.
I don't need to be under pressure to softclaim. I don't want it to make much sense yet because the mafia will figure it out too.
I bet on 3 mafia and 1-2 indeps.
Rain's contradicting themself by asking for soft claims but saying it's a bad idea. Looks like they may want to backtrack later if someone uses this against them. And they seem fairly certain about what's in the mafia team. This may be an attempt to get a misunderstanding about what is actually in the mafia, and cover up the real Pokemon in the team.

Zexy seems to be going slightly off general town meta from what I remember. I'm usually playing one of his games, or his playing mine, so I haven't taken too much notice. But I find that they play safer as town. That's all I can really suck out of the straws I'm grasping at for now.
Agreed on the above, if there's only one person that has given me slight scum vibes so far it's her. And it's not OMGUS.

No no I play safer as mafia. And this shows with softclaims too but I'd rather not elaborate yet.

Rain's contradicting themself by asking for soft claims but saying it's a bad idea.
This is a good point. @Rainsquid?

Rainsquid is actually giving me town-y vibes from his posts.
Rainsquid is giving me the opposite for the reasons Elementar mentioned above... Why is Rain giving you townie vibes?

I don't think I should say more yet, though, that would be giving mafia too much information.
I don't want it to make much sense yet because the mafia will figure it out too.
Trouble is, how do you expect town to trust you? I understand not wanting the mafia to get too much information, but you know I don't like early claims. Heck, I'm not even fond of miller early claims, and that at least makes sense.

1-2 indeps.
Any thoughts on what they could be?

No no I play safer as mafia. And this shows with softclaims too but I'd rather not elaborate yet.

I am sorry. I really am... But this feels like "wine in front of me"... carrot on a stick... whatever it's supposed to be called. It's like you are leading us and telling us how you play as what faction, so we won't suspect you if you act counter to your town meta.

Vote: Zexy

Prove me wrong.

Trouble is, how do you expect town to trust you? I understand not wanting the mafia to get too much information, but you know I don't like early claims. Heck, I'm not even fond of miller early claims, and that at least makes sense.
I didn't say I wanted town to trust me just because of my claim. I just wanted this much info out there for now, it will make sense when I believe I should reveal the rest.
Any thoughts on what they could be?
It can be anything, really. In the previous game they were Mewtwo and Magikarp. In this one it could be Celebi (if it's not mafia) and who knows what else?

I am sorry. I really am... But this feels like "wine in front of me"... carrot on a stick... whatever it's supposed to be called. It's like you are leading us and telling us how you play as what faction, so we won't suspect you if you act counter to your town meta.
I just made a meta defense against someone else's meta attack on me.
Right now you're pushing me for bad reasoning like the people in Periodic Table Mafia did.

I don't need to prove anyone wrong yet. I just wanted to share some info on my role and I did so.

Zexy softclaimimg is not indicative of alignment. He always does it regardless of alignment. That's meta and the most I care to use.

I don't think Rajnsquid was schmmy because she didn't contradict herself. She made a suggestion but pointed out the dangers. I did the same in periodic with trackers and watchers. Anytime you make an open suggestion for actions, you should warn the users of the dangers.

I'm finding Elementar more scummy for trying to make that out as a contradiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom