• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Get TV Thread (MOD EDIT: READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugiafanatic

Reaction score
Do you think Pokemon Get TV will reveal anything new this weekend, like what happened with Pokemon Sunday with HG/SS?

MODERATOR NOTE:
While it is perfectly acceptable to discuss Pokémon Get☆TV and its contents, I would like to remind users of these rules that have been in place since the time of the series' predecessors:
1) Do NOT discuss means of viewing Pokémon Get☆TV outside of its intended means (by being in Japan and watching it on TV normally). Anyone seen asking for a link/download or posting them up will receive the appropriate warnings and if repeated, infractions.
2) You may NOT post videos of full episodes of Pokémon Get☆TV. Posting videos that only contain content of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Aqua Sapphire (and the forced shocked reactions from the cast of course) are okay under moderator discretion.

- Joshawott
Video Games Forum Section Head

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokemon Get TV Thread

Do you think Pokemon Get TV will reveal anything new this weekend, like what happened with Pokemon Sunday with HG/SS?

Hmm.... Pokemon Smash (the successor to Sunday) had a habit of just repeating everything that CoroCoro told us last year, IIRC. I think there MIGHT have been one or two times where they actually gave us some absolutely new info, but most of the times, they didn't.

I actually don't know IF Pokemon Sunday did indeed give us new info on HG/SS, but looking at the latest show, Smash, I'd say we MOST LIKELY will not get anything special on Pokemon Get TV.

But I HOPE I'm wrong.

Hmm.... Pokemon Smash (the successor to Sunday) had a habit of just repeating everything that CoroCoro told us last year, IIRC. I think there MIGHT have been one or two times where they actually gave us some absolutely new info, but most of the times, they didn't.

I actually don't know IF Pokemon Sunday did indeed give us new info on HG/SS, but looking at the latest show, Smash, I'd say we MOST LIKELY will not get anything special on Pokemon Get TV.

But I HOPE I'm wrong.
Yep. IIRC, the only time we were given anything new was Mega Mewtwo Y, and even that was leaked a few days beforehand (though there was a lot of uncertainty surrounding its authenticity). Sunday did give us new stuff on HGSS, including the first gameplay footage after their reveal.

According to Serebii, we are getting our first footage of the games on Sunday! Serebii reads:

It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain but we'll provide details and screenshots as soon as it airs.

I can't wait to see what the region looks like with X and Y graphics, holy guacamole!

Honestly I hope the 'footage' is just the same trailer already released, Nintendo should be saving any and all information until E3 to hype it up. Let it boil before you unleash it.

Honestly I hope the 'footage' is just the same trailer already released, Nintendo should be saving any and all information until E3 to hype it up. Let it boil before you unleash it.

I have a feeling it will just be the little trailer that they used to announce the games. I can't see there being anymore than maybe a couple of shots from the early scenes of the game (like saving Prof. Birch and rival battle?) but that would be it.

Hopefully, they'll show at least a few scenes early on in the game, like choosing your starter or battling your rival. They might be saving more for E3, but since these are remakes, I'm not sure how much attention they'd get there, especially when they'd probably want to focus a lot on the new Super Smash Bros. game. Still, at least we'll get some footage earlier than I expected, so that's pretty awesome.

If Pokémon ORAS is the only thing Nintendo have to show on E3, I truly fear for the future of the company.

Hopefully the footage will be from the actual games. Just show us how some of the routes or cities will look now that they are 3D modeled, as well as the PC's redesigns.

Also, it would be nice if they shut up this time and let us listen to the whatever music will be playing the video.

Judging from past games, it will probably be the main male character taking a few steps in Littleroot Town or something.

X and Y showed a pikachu battle, the starters, some areas, and the Box legends. I think there would at least be a few shots of some in game areas.

If Pokémon ORAS is the only thing Nintendo have to show on E3, I truly fear for the future of the company.

Hopefully the footage will be from the actual games. Just show us how some of the routes or cities will look now that they are 3D modeled, as well as the PC's redesigns.

Also, it would be nice if they shut up this time and let us listen to the whatever music will be playing the video.

I never said that..? Especially since they've already announced more things will be at E3 than that..? Where are you getting that from what I said?

X and Y showed a pikachu battle, the starters, some areas, and the Box legends. I think there would at least be a few shots of some in game areas.

This was mainly to show the change between the DS and the 3DS.

Footage coming on sunday?! Hold me :(

Footage coming on sunday?! Hold me :(

I'm wondering though... What will come first, CoroCoro leaks or the GetTV episode? (Since CoroCoro also leaks around the 11th-12th.)
Also, I'm assuming that both will show the same info anyway... But what if we get different news from each?

Hopefully, Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask 3DS will be there as well at E3

I think they will just give us very basic footage like for HGSS, we will just see Brendan or May walking around Littleroot Town, maybe you will see the scene picking a starter, but that's your lot.

I'm wondering though... What will come first, CoroCoro leaks or the GetTV episode? (Since CoroCoro also leaks around the 11th-12th.)

The Get TV episode will air in around a day and a half; I doubt we'll see Corocoro until Monday or Tuesday personally (most likely won't leak on a sunday given past situations).

Man, this week just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for...

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y... NIGHT!

The Get TV episode will air in around a day and a half; I doubt we'll see Corocoro until Monday or Tuesday personally (most likely won't leak on a sunday given past situations).
Pretty much this.

The episode will air on Saturday night (Eastern US time), the 10th, and I doubt CoroCoro will have leaked by then.

According to Serebii, we are getting our first footage of the games on Sunday! Serebii reads:

It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain but we'll provide details and screenshots as soon as it airs.

I can't wait to see what the region looks like with X and Y graphics, holy guacamole!

This year, the most exciting footage of a character walking around! *forced, shocked gasp*

No really, I'm curious how nice the graphics will be for Hoenn. I hope there's character art along with the starter/Kyorge/Groudon official art shown. Calem and Serena's official art didn't get shown until like a few months after the January 8th Direct, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom