• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Get TV Thread (MOD EDIT: READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone really expect anything different? After all, when HGSS were announced, we only had 5 seconds of Gold walking around in New Bark Town and with BW, we only had a few seconds of walking in Castelia City.

I was at least expecting some walking!

It looked more like part of the game's intro movies, more than anything else. I'm a teeny bit underwhelmed, some footage of the main character player moving around would have been nice.

Atrocious. I will be sending my lawyers to the nearest Japanese consulate to sue these people for the tremendous false advertising.
They said "New Footage" and we received new footage. People just over-hype themselves about everything =3

Yeh seemed like the intro maybe, or when they first 'awaken' in the game. I'm not even sure if that was 'better than nothing' to be honest haha

Well we technically didn't get shit. Just something of Kyogre and Groudon and pointing out something we already did.

I'm disappointed that you guys:
A) Actually expecting anything of note
B) Getting worked up that nothing of note showed up

Well we technically didn't get shit. Just something of Kyogre and Groudon and pointing out something we already did.

Technically, you got exactly what you were promised, just not what you were hoping you'd get.

What did people expect, seriously? They said there'd be footage, and there was footage. It's your problem if you get disappointed because they didn't show a substantial amount of footage from the game.

As expected, there is a cutscene after Groudon/Kyogre are awakened in Seafloor Cavern.

Drought and Drizzle look amazing here. If only these abilities looked that way when activated during battle.

What did people expect, seriously? They said there'd be footage, and there was footage. It's your problem if you get disappointed because they didn't show a substantial amount of footage from the game.

I'm sure most people we expecting a minute or 2 trailer.

Well CoroCoro should leak soon but that's for another thread.

I'm a bit underwhelmed, but not surprised by how little we got. They have to keep up the hype, after all, or people will get bored and sales won't be as good. The animations were very nice, and since Groudon and Kyogre are in their normal forms i n the video, it further contributes to the theory of their boxart being Mega Evos.

I'm sure most people we expecting a minute or 2 trailer.

Well CoroCoro should leak soon but that's for another thread.

If most were expecting that, then most aren't familiar with Pokemon Get.

Wow, I wasn't expecting much out of this, but it was even worse than I thought. I at least thought they would show the usual 10 seconds of walking around in some random area of the game.

Why does it say "Game is in 2D. Some areas playable in 3D." at the end? Is this game not in 3D like X/Y?

They're talking about stereoscopic 3D. In other words, it's exactly like XY where the game only "pops out" in certain areas.

I didn't hype myself up too much for this, but was was a bit disappointing. At least the graphics look good...but they should've shown it on the screen for us rather than pointing a camera at Shoko's 3DS while it was playing. The screen was a bit muddy. Maybe next episode they will show the same thing but much clearer. Same hype! Same channel!

The Seven Eleven Darkrai commercial part was put in a baaaaad spot.

ETA: and right when I post this, Pokemon's youtube posts it!

I'm pretty happy with what we got! Drought and Drizzle look pretty cool in those cutscenes.

But can we talk about how the footage that aired on Get TV appeared on the official Pokémon YouTube page like MINUTES after? Does this mean that new info will actually be synched for these games, unlike XY when there was like a one day delay or something?! I'm actually really excited about that!

Why does it say "Game is in 2D. Some areas playable in 3D." at the end? Is this game not in 3D like X/Y?

They showed the same thing for XY commercials--it's because not all areas are going to have stereoscopic 3D. EDIT: Greninja'd

The game was only announced a few days ago anyway so you couldn't really expect a trailer or something at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom