• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Get TV Thread (MOD EDIT: READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game was only announced a few days ago anyway so you couldn't really expect a trailer or something at this stage.

How can you not expect a trailer for a game that is in QA testing? idk.

I'm glad they didn't show overworld or anything, that should be saved for E3. At least it was just a battle...

That was it?...Groudon using its Drought ability? Really? Freaking trolls.

What were you expect? "Hey everyone, we just announced the games, here let's run through every important game town real quick and WOWOWOWOAH! here's the new content added to the game, too! And 87 new Pokemon for you to catch! We're dropping all the bombshells!" It's Pokemon Get/Smash/Sunday, they almost never show anything new AND the game was just announced. The most we were going to get was a maybe part of the overworld and a full battle.

"What were you expect?" Do you mean what did I expect? I expected more than parts of the intro the games will be using. So maybe a collage of footage from cities. towns, routes etc, something overworld. Maybe some dialogue between people. Maybe a battle with another trainer or Pokemon. Perhaps a scene with Professor Birch or another substantial character. Something that lasted over, oh I don't know, 40 seconds. Thus footage of at least 2 minutes would have been ideal, unlike your silly sarcasm of them releasing a great deal of spoilers.

So do not patronize me. I have every right to be angry and disappointed.

But can we talk about how the footage that aired on Get TV appeared on the official Pokémon YouTube page like MINUTES after? Does this mean that new info will actually be synched for these games, unlike XY when there was like a one day delay or something?!

If I remember correctly, the official Pokemon YouTube channel uploaded the Mega Mewtwo Y footage minutes after it was shown on Pokemon Sunday in Japan.

In that case, any news from ORAS leaked in CoroCoro (for Japan) will be synchronized to that magazine's release when the footage is uploaded internationally.

Last edited:
since Groudon and Kyogre are in their normal forms i n the video, it further contributes to the theory of their boxart being Mega Evos.
They literally put them next to each other and suggested they could be Mega Evolutions.

While disappointing, Sunday Smash Get TV not showing anything of note isn't surprising in the slightest.

The game was only announced a few days ago anyway so you couldn't really expect a trailer or something at this stage.

XY got a trailer the instant it was announced.

Most of the games usually have some kind of short gameplay footage (usually like, 5-10 seconds or so) of, you know, overworld footage. That's what most people want to see in the remakes at this stage.

While disappointing, Sunday Smash Get TV not showing anything of note isn't surprising in the slightest.

XY got a trailer the instant it was announced.
Which was the only instance of it every happening. Every other time has been similar to this. Heck, we're lucky to have received box art at such an early stage.

But can we talk about how the footage that aired on Get TV appeared on the official Pokémon YouTube page like MINUTES after? Does this mean that new info will actually be synched for these games, unlike XY when there was like a one day delay or something?!

If I remember correctly, the official Pokemon YouTube channel uploaded the Mega Mewtwo Y footage minutes after it was shown on Pokemon Sunday in Japan.

In that case, any "news" from ORAS leaked in CoroCoro (for Japan) will be synchronized to that magazine's release when the footage is uploaded internationally.

Ah you're right, the footage they showed on Smash/Get TV was usually uploaded soon after it was shown on those shows. Don't remember CoroCoro info being so closely sync'd, though, but whatever I might just be misremembering.

Did anyone really expect anything different? After all, when HGSS were announced, we only had 5 seconds of Gold walking around in New Bark Town and with BW, we only had a few seconds of walking in Castelia City.

That was enough to create hype, at least from what I remember when that footage was first shown.

I really have no idea why you guys are so upset. No the footage was not long and no it wasn't what everyone wanted to see. But I fail to understand how you can get angry when they said there would be footage and we saw footage. No one said it would be 2 minutes and no one said it would be gameplay. They said the first footage of the games and we got that. Disappointment? Fine. I'm slightly disappointed myself, but not even that much. Anger? What for?

As for the actual trailer thing, I liked it. I don't really know if what we saw was a cutscene or from the intro, but I thought it looked great. Groudon's Drought was literally amazing and Kyogre's entrance looked phenomenal~ The graphics looks really good overall~ I personally prefer these 40 seconds of awesomeness to a potential 5 seconds of walking.

Guess the next thing to do is to wait for Corocoro.

I really have no idea why you guys are so upset. No the footage was not long and no it wasn't what everyone wanted to see. But I fail to understand how you can get angry when they said there would be footage and we saw footage. No one said it would be 2 minutes and no one said it would be gameplay. They said the first footage of the games and we got that. Disappointment? Fine. I'm slightly disappointed myself, but not even that much. Anger? What for?

As for the actual trailer thing, I liked it. I don't really know if what we saw was a cutscene or from the intro, but I thought it looked great. Groudon's Drought was literally amazing and Kyogre's entrance looked phenomenal~ The graphics looks really good overall~ I personally prefer these 40 seconds of awesomeness to a potential 5 seconds of walking.

Guess the next thing to do is to wait for Corocoro.

I wanted to see the overworld and I don't think that is asking too much... Don't care one bit about Groudon and Kyogre's models :p

Still, since Smash/Get Tv rarely shows hype-worthy stuff, we shouldn't have expected anything better than what they showed.

The only thing I got from that trailer was that looking at Kyogre & Groudon's appearances, their pictures on the cover definitely are something we haven't seen before (hopefully mega-evolutions)

As there was little footage actually shown to generate discussion and this thread has basically become reduced to a debate about the quantity of the footage shown, this thread will be closed until next week's episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom