• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon GK: Volume 1 - Kanto

What should Blaine's last name be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
A story starring the adventures of Gary Ketchum, Ash's son. Rated PG to PG-13 this volume.

It is highly, HIGHLY recommended that you read "The Ash Ketchum Chronicles" before this to have a better understanding of the OCs and the events leading up to this story.

42958129626.jpg

"It's been a long road for Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town," the announcer's voice boomed over the roaring crowd. "He now hopes to challenge the Champion, Lance, with these Pokemon: Muk! Staraptor! Feraligatr! Torterra! Charizard! and Pikachu! Now, before the battle begins, please respect the fighters and...."

Ash Ketchum tuned out in his dressing room. Pikachu rested on his table, one ear drooped over the edge like a lost mountain climber. There was a knock upon his door.

"C'min," he said. The door opened and in stepped Misty, who was wearing a deviation from her normal outfit: A yellow long-sleeve shirt and acid-washed blue jeans.

"Hi," Ash said. For some reason, his throat felt dry.

"Just wanted to wish you luck," Misty said, her mouth tilting in a smile.

"Thanks," Ash replied, "But I hope I don't need it."

Just then, a woman stuck her head in through the door. "Ash Ketchum?" she said. "If you are ready, the battle will begin in a second."

Ash nodded. "I was born ready," he said. "Pikachu, wake up! The battle's about to start!" Pikachu awoke with a yawn.

"Pika?" Pikachu said murkily.

"C'mon, the battle awaits, old buddy!" Ash cried. Pikachu jumped onto his shoulder, and together they stepped into the bright light that was the stadium.

Ash faced Lance, the red-haired Dragon Trainer who was Champion of the Kanto Pokemon League.

“It’s been a while, eh, Ash?” Lance said. “I still remember when I first met you, back in Johto.”

Ash nodded. “That was a day to remember,” he agreed.

“Tell me, Ash,” said Lance, “what was it like to face Giovanni?”

Ash grinned. “It was nerve-wracking,” he said. “But in a strange way, it was also kinda fun.”

Lance smiled. “I think that you’ll find that fighting me is a similar experience. Shall we begin?”

Ash nodded. The two plucked Poke Balls from their belts.

“Torterra, come on out!” Ash cried.

“Go, Gyarados!”

Emerging from Lance’s Poke Ball was an amazing sight to behold. It was a Gyarados, all right – but a red one. Lance had captured it at the Lake of Rage in Johto. It had been forced to evolve from a Magikarp by Team Rocket, and it had kept the red-colored skin it had had as a Magikarp.

“Gyarrrrrrr!” it roared.

“Let’s do this,” said Lance.

"And the battle is underway!" the announcer cried. The crowd cheered.

“Leaf Storm!” yelled Ash. Torterra shook its body. The tree on its back shivered and shot out a flurry of high-speed leaves that struck Gyarados and knocked it back.

“Good move,” said Lance. “Now get ready for this! Twister!”

Gyarados leapt into the air and spun around, creating a whirlwind that severely buffeted Torterra.

“Hang in there Torterra!” cried Ash. “Leaf Storm, again!” Torterra complied.

“Hyper Beam, Gyarados!” yelled Lance.

The two attacks passed each other in midair and connected with their targets, creating an awesome explosion. When the dust settled, both Pokemon had been knocked out.

Both Trainers recalled their Pokemon.

Ash's friends and family watched from above. Even Jessie, James, and Meowth, the recently retired Team Rocket trio, were rooting for Ash.

The battle continued. Ash’s next Pokemon was Staraptor, who was defeated by Lance’s Areodactyl. This same Areodactyl defeated Muk, but was taken down by Feraligatr. Feraligatr, in turn, was beaten by Lance’s Salamence, who was felled by Charizard. After this, Ash recalled Charizard and sent out Sceptile, who took down an Altaria of Lance’s and now faced a second Gyarados. Sceptile was losing.

“Come on, Sceptile, Ash begged his Pokemon. “Leaf Blade!”

The leaves on Sceptile’s arms glowed green. It charged at Gyarados and slashed at it… and did little damage.

“Rain Dance, Gyarados!” Lance shouted. Gyarados twisted and squirmed, and rain began to fall on the battlefield.

“Leaf Blade!” Ash cried again. Sceptile repeated its previous attack, with the same result.

“Now!” yelled Lance. “Hydro Pump!”

Gyarados shot a high-pressure jet of water at Sceptile. The Forest Pokemon didn’t stand a chance. The attack, augmented by Rain Dance, took Sceptile out.

“You did good, Sceptile,” Ash said. “Now come on back for a rest.” He recalled Sceptile and sent Charizard back into the fray.

“Shadow Claw!”

Charizard burst from its Poke Ball. Its claws glowed a deep, dark purple, and it slashed at Gyarados. The attack was powerful enough to send the mighty serpent tumbling to the ground, unable to battle.

“Excellent work,” said Lance as he recalled his Gyarados.

“You’ve backed me into a corner. I have to use my most powerful Pokemon. Go, Dragonite! Dragon Pulse!”

The giant, orange dragon emerged from its Poke Ball and shot an orb of green energy at Charizard. The Fire-type withstood the attack, but it would not be able to take another hit.

“Dragonbreath, Charizard!” Ash yelled. Charizard blasted a beam of green energy at Dragonite. The attack hit, but did not defeat the beast.

“Mega Punch!” shouted Lance. Dragonite curled one of its 'hands' into a fist and rocketed towards Charizard. It slammed its fist into Charizard with full force, knocking Ash’s loyal Pokemon out.

“Return,” muttered Ash as he recalled Charizard. He glanced at Pikachu. “You’re on buddy.”
Pikachu lept down from Ash’s shoulder.

“Pika!” it cried, determined to win.
Ash had a stroke of realization. The Rain Dance of Lance's second Gyarados was still in effect: the rain was still falling.

"Pikachu, jump onto Dragonite and use Thunder!"

Pikachu obeyed. It clamped onto Dragonite's head and called down a huge bolt of lightning which knocked out the Dragon Pokemon. The referee stood in stunned silence for a moment, then regained his composure and cried, "Dragonite is unable to battle! All hail Pallet Town's Ash Ketchum, the new Pokemon Champion!"

After the battle, Ash managed to peel himself from the swarms of paparazzi and enter his dressing room, where he found his friends waiting. Brock was chatting up an Officer Jenny guarding the door ("Yeah, me and Ash go way back! I practically taught him all he knows!") and Dawn and Barry were having a lively conversation. May and Drew were also chatting, and even Paul had come, impressed by Ash's success, though he tried to hide it.

"I got bored and there was nothing else to do," he had claimed before the competition. The rest of Ash's friends swarmed him, smothering him with congratulations and I'm-so-proud-of-yous.
Eventually, they all dispersed, heading to a party at Ash's house. Finally, the only people left in the room were Ash, Pikachu, and Misty. Misty edged closer to Ash.

"Guess you needed that luck after all, huh?" She asked. Ash flashed her a toothy grin.

"Shut up," he laughed.

"Listen, I'm really proud of you," she stammered. "When I first met you- well, I actually caught you, remember, on my fishing line- you were just some jerk with a Pikachu who stole then ruined my bike. But look at you now! 16 years old and champion!" Ash smiled. Misty turned away. "I'm sorry about what happened with Dawn," she whispered.

Ash frowned. "It wasn't meant to be," he said. "I understand that, she understands that, and now she's happily dating Barry." Misty cocked her head to face Ash.

"It's been so hard you know," she said shakily, a single tear tracking down her cheek, "working up the nerve, all these years, I thought it could never happen, but now... Ash, I was wondering... for years… if you… I…" Ash was taken aback.

Naturally, of course, he had thought about Misty, but he had never thought about her, not until now, that is... NO!!! He slapped himself in his mind. Misty was his friend, nothing more.

Then again, her hair...

Her eyes...

He felt all his willpower fade away, felt legs move toward Misty, saw a hand that was his, yet not his, twirl her fiery red hair, saw her eyes close... darkness billowed down upon him, and he knew that his eyes had closed too. All of a sudden he was in control of himself again, but he did not care, he let the momentum take him until...

“They’re gonna do it! They’re gonna kiss!” Dawn whispered to Dana and May, who were standing behind her. Dawn had cupped her ear next to the door of Ash’s dressing room. They, along with Brock, had stayed behind, although Brock had stayed for more… selfish reasons.

“Yes!” whispered Dana and May in unison.

As a matter of fact, it seemed as if Brock’s 'charms' were finally working on Officer Jenny, who he was getting ready to kiss when his cell phone rang.

“Just a sec,” he said, and answered the call. “Hello? Lucy! Wait… really? You mean it? Yes!” He hung up. “Sorry, Jenny,” he said as he got up and left, “but it seems that I’m married again!”

But back to Ash and Misty….

Their lips locked. A strange beast in his stomach roared in approval as they kissed for what seemed like hours. He had to use all his strength, but finally he pulled away from her. They stared at each other until Misty broke the silence. "So," she said, "Where do we go from here?"

*After two years of dating, Ash proposed to Misty. She accepted before he could finish the question, and they were wed precisely one year afterwards.
*Their wedding was nearly ruined by an attack by the organization of Team Rocket, but Ash, Misty and their friends defeated the villains with the surprising help of Jessie, James, and Meowth, the trio who had followed them around for so long.
*Two years after the wedding, Misty bore a daughter, Kitty. Three years after that came her son, whom Ash, in respect for his childhood rival, named.... Gary. This is his story.
(More to come soon!)

Last edited:
Re: The Adventures of Gary Ketchum: Kanto- Volume One

very nice prologue! I'm excited to read it. I only suggest that space out your paragraphs a little more often. other than that, I'm diggin' it!

Thanks. Some trivia, Ash's stomach-beast is a reference to Harry Potter book 6.

haha yup i caught that! lol i love it! keep it up!

Chapter One will be up tomorrow: Starters and mysterious girl: Leaf?!

In other news, it is decided! Gary's starter will be Bulbasaur!

nice! I like Bulba as the starter...im sure you're gonna give it some great personality!

42958129629.jpg

"C'mon, Kat, we're gonna be late!!" cried Gary Ketchum to his sister, who was putting makeup on, her Oddish holding the mirror in its leaves. "Dish!" it scolded Gary. Gary rolled his eyes. If there was one person more crazed about fashion than Kitty, it was her Oddish, named "Belle." Kitty turned to gary. "Don't call me Kat! My NAME is Kitty!!!" she yelped. Gary laughed. if there was one thing he could do to annoy Kitty, it was call her Kat. "Fine, I'll just get my starter without you," Gary decided, and took off like a bolt. Kitty smiled, shook her head, and went back to her makeup.

The girl watched the whole matter from the bushes. Her long brown hair swept over her eyes. She straightened it. She looked down at the Poke Ball she had recieved from Oak. She hoped Squirtle wasn't the boy's choice. I'd better go ask him, she resolved. He's kinda cute, and I think he'd like to meet a girl with a name as strange as mine: Leaf.

Gary screeched to a halt in front of Oak's laboratory. Although the original Professor Oak had died three years ago, his grandson Gary (Whom our hero was named for) now continued his work, including giving out starter Pokemon. Suddenly, his old friend Duncan Oak, Gary's son, came out the door. "Oh, hey, Gary," Duncan said with a grin. "Sorry, there's only one Pokemon left." Gary was astonished. "WHAT?" he cried. "W-which one?" Duncan chuckled. "You'll see," he said. "Well, which one did you get?" inquired Gary. "Charmander!" said Duncan proudly. "And Dad gave me this rare Pokemon from another region!" Duncan flashed a Cherish Ball and opened it. In a flash of light, a bright blue bird-like Pokemon with cotton-ball wings appeared. "Swablu!" it tweeted. "Cool!" exclaimed Gary as Duncan recalled the Swablu. "Smell ya later, Gary!" Duncan called as he left town. Gary entered Oak's lab. A single Poke Ball sat on a table. Gary grabbed for it. "Wait!" shouted a voice. Gary harked to the left to find professor Gary Oak dashing towards him. The professor stopped in front of the young Trainer and handed over the Poke Ball. "And here is a Pokedex and some Poke Balls for catching Pokemon," Oak explained. He continued: "That Poke Ball contains Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokemon. "Bulbasaur are good Pokemon for beginning Trainers, but this one can be a little stubborn. You'll have to win over its trust." Gary Ketchum nodded. "I can do that!" he said confidently. "I'll assume you'll want to challenge Gyms, so here's a tip: The first Gym in League order is in Pewter City, just past Viridian City. Viridian, by the by, is where the final Gym is located. Now go out into the world of Pokemon where, friends, wonders, and magic await!"

Gary's sister met him at the edge of town and they began their journey together. The girl watched this and headed out of town herself. If I use my shortcut, she thought, I can get to Viridian Forest before them! The girl dashed away, soon ahead of the siblings, but didn't notice something she dropped in the middle of the road: half of a ribbon, a gift from her dead mother...

(More to come soon!)

Last edited:

Now for the bios I promised (please be warned, they contain SPOILERS!):

Gary Ketchum

Hair: Brown, going black

Eyes: Brown

Currently known Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Spearow, Paras

Gary is brash, headstrong, and stubborn. Basically exactly like his dad at this age. But he truly cares for Pokemon, and has lived with them all his life. He strives to one day defeat his father and become Champion. He loves going to the beach and playing soccer.

Kitty Ketchum

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Grey

Currently Known Pokemon: Oddish, Vulpix, Kakuna

Kitty loves high fashion, boys, and traveling. She travels with Gary because her parents told her to, not because she wanted to. Her Oddish is her most faithful companion and friend.

Duncan Oak

Hair: Green

Eyes: Green

Currently known Pokemon: Charmander, Swablu, Sandshrew, Machop

Pokemon traded away:Tangela

Duncan is Gary's best friend and rival. The son of Gary Oak, Gary's namesake, Duncan's head often seems swollen with the fact that he has a famous father. He is excellent at capturing Pokemon, and caught a Sandshrew within five minutes of leaving home. He also captured a Tangela, which he traded in Viridian city for a Machop.

Leaf

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Blue

Currently known Pokemon: Tropius, Luvdisc, Squirtle, Growlithe

Leaf hails from Hoenn, but she moved to Kanto after her father disappeared. Her mother died when she was very young, and it is hinted that her mother is in fact Ash Ketchum's old friend, May. Leaf took her two Pokemon with her to Kanto, and has a great drive for Contests. She has already participated in the Hoenn and Kanto Grand Festivals, but won neither.

Last edited:

Just read it. Nice prologue. I can see the shipping. I would agree on spacing out paragraphs a little more. Too much text all bundled together is not so easy to want to read.

But keep up good work so far, can't wait to read more!

Thanks. I try to keep the paragraphs close so as not to fill up a whole page!

After the Kanto saga ends, I might do a prequel, tying up loose ends about Ash and Dawn's date (and why it went so badly), how Dawn and Barry ended up together, Ash's fiht with Giovanni, and why TR crashed Ash and Misty's wedding (and why Jessie, James, and Meowth heped fight their former aliies).

Last edited:

Thanks. I try to keep the paragraphs close so as not to fill up a whole page!

After the Kanto saga ends, I might do a prequel, tying up loose ends about Ash and Dawn's date (and why it went so badly), how Dawn and Barry ended up together, Ash's fiht with Giovanni, and why TR crashed Ash and Misty's wedding (and why Jessie, James, and Meowth heped fight their former aliies).

Great so far! I like how you're sticking to the anime, and how Duncan has the same personality as Gary Oak. Maybe you could do a Orange Islands saga, where Gary meets Pro. Ivy's daughter or Tracey. Keep up the good work!

Great so far! I like how you're sticking to the anime, and how Duncan has the same personality as Gary Oak. Maybe you could do a Orange Islands saga, where Gary meets Pro. Ivy's daughter or Tracey. Keep up the good work!

Maybe, But right now, me focusing on Kanto! Gary will catch his first Pokemon in the next chapter, Kitty will get a Weedle, and the Ketchum siblings meet Leaf!

Next chapter: Bright lights! Viridian City!!

So, you're more of a japanese title person then? I've gotta admit, I prefer them to the dub titles.

So, you're more of a japanese title person then? I've gotta admit, I prefer them to the dub titles.

Me too. The dub titles consist of roughly 15% good puns, 75% bad puns, and 10% stuff that makes no sense.

But Chapter Two's title is actually a (bad) play of a verse in a song, "Bright lights! Big city!"

Soz, didn't get that. My puns would be like 'A Whole New Pallet of Paint' or 'How I Forgot my Summer Vacation'.

Soz, didn't get that. My puns would be like 'A Whole New Pallet of Paint' or 'How I Forgot my Summer Vacation'.

I came up with, for episodes of my Generation Z (Made-up Pokemon), some episode titles I made were "Leave it to Bidoof!", "Minin' my own business!", and "Life's a real dragon!"

And now for something completely different.

Any requests for Brock's Pokemon for the first Gym? It'll be a three-on-three battle, and one of Gary's Pokemon will evolve during it...

I came up with, for episodes of my Generation Z (Made-up Pokemon), some episode titles I made were "Leave it to Bidoof!", "Minin' my own business!", and "Life's a real dragon!"

Umm...

And now for something completely different.

Was that a reference to Monty Python?

For Brock... do you just want Kanto pokemon, or pkmn from all regions?

Yes that was a Python reference. For Brock, any region, but they MUST BE AT LEAST PART ROCK TYPE. And no legendaries. Areodactyl and Kabuto or Kabutops are no-nos for reasons you'll see when Pewter City and Mt. Moon happen, respectively.

Those last two episode titles wouldn't have made sense if you didn't know that in Generation Z, one gym leader is a miner, hence, "MININ' my own business," and the final gym leader uses dragon types. "Life's a real dragon" is a play on the phrase "Life's a real drag," and the episode in which Ash defeats the Dragon Gym Leader is called "Dragon Tales," after the children's show.

Perhaps Brock should have Onix, Sudowoodo and Geodude.

Perhaps Brock should have Onix, Sudowoodo and Geodude.

Sudowoodo, sure... but Onix evolved, so now it's steel-type, which is bad. And Geodude to Graveler, I can do. Any other suggestions? Perhaps a Rhyhorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom