• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Global Link reveals Japanese Crustle C-Gear skin, American Lucario promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Global Link reveals Japanese Crustle C-Gear skin, American Lucario promot

I stopped by my Target tonight and they actually had the games stocked two days early. Unfortunately, I didn't pick one up yet so I can't verify whether or not it's a serial code. (Looking at the the Global Link promotion page says it does say serial number in the description, though)

What's interesting though is that the special marking on the packaging is actually printed onto the paper insert in the case, slightly obstructing the cover art. I was fully expecting it to be a simple sticker on the outside of the the shrink wrap.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon Global Link reveals Japanese Crustle C-Gear skin, American Lucario promot

Some one will probably get the password up for everyone to use. Unless the password only works for those new game carts?

As others said, it's most likely one-time use codes.

That Crustle C-Gear is pretty sweet actually, Cilan's Crustle might just entice me to stag that one up. :p

Just got a copy with the Lucario code a day early. Yes, it is an individual, 16-digit code that can only be used once.

Honestly, I don't get the complaining. I find the promotion just to be a simple way to sell a few more copies, not a freebie give-away to all.

Theres a simple reason. Today is January 14th. You'll notice this is 20 days after Christmas. So they want us to buy more games...after the point in the year when most people who did not already have the games got them.

What's interesting though is that the special marking on the packaging is actually printed onto the paper insert in the case, slightly obstructing the cover art. I was fully expecting it to be a simple sticker on the outside of the the shrink wrap.
I expect that the code isn't on a sticker on the outside of the wrapping so that people can't buy the games with the codes, look at the code on the sticker, take the sticker off then return it with the reciept and wrapping still around it like it is an unused ordinary copy.

@¿Mukuhawku? How exactly do you find the code with the specific games? There may be a way to get the code but still be able to return the game shortly after buying it without using it.

Does Target normally give Pokémon games in their official nintendo wrapping? In the UK there are some stores which don't give it in the wrapping and sometimes haven't given the Club Nintendo 250 points codes with them.

Last edited:

@¿Mukuhawku? How exactly do you find the code with the specific games? There may be a way to get the code but still be able to return the game shortly after buying it without using it.

Does Target normally give Pokémon games in their official nintendo wrapping? In the UK there are some stores which don't give it in the wrapping and sometimes haven't given the Club Nintendo 250 points codes with them.

The code is inside the game box on a sheet of paper, like the Game manual and Club Nintendo code. I'm pretty positive Target doesn't take any used games or any game that was opened/out of the plastic wrap, so unless your incredibly skilled at taking out the code and re-wrapping it in a new plastic wrap to return, don't expect to be able to take the code and return the game to the store.

I expect that the code isn't on a sticker on the outside of the wrapping so that people can't buy the games with the codes, look at the code on the sticker, take the sticker off then return it with the reciept and wrapping still around it like it is an unused ordinary copy.

I wasn't referring to anything that has the code on it, just the indication that a code is included inside that copy of the game. I just found it interesting that the special marking for this particular print run was actually printed onto the game's cover art.

I'm going to have to agree that the Lucario promotion's conditions are incredibly stupid. Also, because of how it's only going to last for around 2 weeks, pretty much forcing people who want to get it to buy a game...which goes against TPCi's reason for using DP in the UK 2009 VGC qualifier - because Platinum had only been out for a week and they didn't want to force people to upgrade. I'm just glad it's not something important like a female DW starter.

Also, that Crustle skin is adorable.

What I'd like to know is why we're getting the more recent Japanese Global Link events when we still have yet to get the starters.

With our luck, the Crustle C-Gear skin won't come to America until the corresponding anime episode.

Did anyone actually confirm that the Lucario has a one-time use code? It's been a while and I'd think by now there'd be some solid proof on the subject.

It's one time use. I needed something for my baby cousin. I got the game for him, but I kept the code (I'm an amazing cousin, right?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom