• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Level: 23
Caught: 104 -> 105
New species: Golduck
6 Lure Modules (from others)

Went to that square with the 3 almost always-Lured Pokestops.
I encountered a group of 6 extremely hardcore GO players and was watching their strategy with shock and awe (some of them had 2 smartphones so they could have IV calculator tools and a Facebook chat where rare spawns all over the city get quickly announced open at all times while still playing; they had 2 huge power bank-like machines to have their smartphones charging all the time; 3 of them were Team Valor and 3 more Team Mystic so they could play around with Gyms as they saw fit; all of them were level 35ish). At least they put some Lures up, which means us more casual players could also benefit, so I thanked them in the end.
Caught several Pokemon (and missed a 1978 CP Rhydon, that would be #2 of the Top 6 without a single power-up :( ), including the last Psyduck I needed.

Added Arbok to the Pokedex and Rhydon today! I'm now at 126 species.

I also got a really nice Machamp from all the Machop that were around my area: he's now my third strongest Pokemon with a CP of 2422

Level: 23 -> 24
Species: 105 -> 114
New species: Dratini, Raichu, Tentacruel, Poliwhirl, Kadabra, Igglybuff, Magneton, Kingler, Scyther

Lots of sessions the past few days. Went to a nice place by the coast and caught my first Dratini ever. Got enough Buddy Candy to evolve a Santa Hat Pikachu. Caught enough Tentacool to evolve one, same for Poliwag. Switched Buddy to Abra and got enough to evolve it. Hatched a 2km Egg into Igglybuff. Hatched a Magnemite and got enough Candy to evolve one. Caught lots of Krabby and evolved one, Kingler is @1767 CP now, #6. Also caught a single Scyther. And leveled up of course.

I also decided to take the game a bit more seriously, I was a bit incentivized by the hardcore players I met on Friday, the fact I got a Dratini, as well as lots of Exeggcute and being able to take down some Gyms; I'd like to make sure I get the best possible Dragonite/Exeggutor as well finding out how I can start getting involved with Gyms more (I already did attack/train on some where I wouldn't ever do it before).

So my #1 Rhydon only has 64% perfect IVs... I also have one with 80% IVs that I am going to focus from now on.
My Arcanine are 87, 78, 56 and 44% and there's a 93% Growlithe waiting to be evolved.
My best Exeggcute is at 89%
My best Magikarp is between 84 and 87%

Top 6:

Rhydon 64, 2164 CP
Arcanine 87, 1953 CP
Arcanine 78, 1931 CP
Arcanine 56, 1883 CP
Arcanine 44, 1848 CP
Kingler, 1767 CP

New Pokemon with the favourite tag include Growlithe 93, Rhydon 80, both Santa Hat Pikachu and Raichu, Exeggcute 89, Magikarp 84 87 and Dratini 58 64

Level: 25
Caught: 119
New species: Dodou

Been seeing a lot of the common ones in the 200-350 CP range, little else.

Hatched a Poliwag from a 5k egg today. Put another in an infinite incubator, and I'm hoping to get it hatched this weekend.

Attempted to catch a Scyther, but failed. :( Would've been my first if I'd managed to hit it with the ball.)

Powered up a gym a bit too. Unfortunately not enough for me to take a place in it, but I tried.

Also was able to catch a Vulpix (not my first but more candy towards evolution!), and a few other not so significant Pokemon. (I say not so significant because I've already got their evolved forms and I'm just catching them for the XP at this point).

Currently about 4000 or so XP away from level 20. I'll probably get there by the end of the weekend since I'll have to go out on Sunday anyways.

I found my first Ponyta today! And I added two of my Pokemon to gyms.

Hatched a Magnemite and after I ground him into candy had enuf to evolve one of my other 2 to Magneton. Now at 147 species. Grimer needs to slide a little faster so I can evolve him. Still got about 60km to go.

I found a Chansey earlier today due to the event. I've caught a couple of Chansey before, but it was still pretty neat. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find a Porygon during the event since that's one of the few Pokemon I can still get without hatching an egg or evolving another Pokemon.

Caught two Lickitungs, an Onix, and three Jigglypuffs. Challenged a gym which had a high-leveled Pinsir and witnessed all my six Pidgeys die to it.

Sent the dead Pidgeys to Prof Willow.

I finally caught a Porygon today. I was hoping I'd be able to find at least one of them during this event, so that was awesome. I've been finding quite a few Jigglypuff and a few Slowpoke, which is also pretty nice. I can at least increase the number of Fairy and Psychic types I've caught during this event to get more medals.

I also caught two Charmander today. As much as I'd like for the Buddy Pokemon to give out two pieces of candy, getting six pieces of candy after capturing a Pokemon is pretty awesome too. It has drastically increased the number of candy I have for Charmander. I was hoping to get at least to ninety pieces of candy by the time the event ends, but now I have ninety three due to the two captures I made. I should be able to get pretty close to a Charizard by the time the event ends. Hopefully, I can find more Charmander to catch and the two kilometer egg I have will hatched into a Charmander, Squirtle or Magikarp.

With the event that's going on, I've been adding a lot of new Pokemon! I caught a Porygon, and got enough candy with the buffs to get Poliwrath, Alakazam, and I almost have enough for a Ninetales. I'm at 130 species now. Hopefully before the event ends I'll be able to catch a Chansey and enough Exeggcute to get my first Exeggutor.

I caught a Lickitung! I had just gotten out of my first orgo exam, was flipping the fuck out cause ORGO AAAGGHGHH, and also was heading back to the car cause I had to go to work as soon as I got out of my exam, and on the way to work, giant pink insanity appears on my screen. Whee~

Got Exeggutor and Ninetales! Trying to find a Chansey too.
It's crazy to think that I'm only 11 Pokemon away from completing the Kanto Pokedex minus legendaries and region exclusives :O

Last edited:
Level: 25
Species: 123/135
New species: Kabuto

I completely whiffed on Porygon.

Back
Top Bottom