• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Level: 30
Pokedex: 216 -> 217
New species: Togepi
Raid Pokemon: Croconaw (didn't catch)

Hatched a 2km that ended up being Togepi. Upon getting a Larvitar Candy from the Buddy system I switched to said Togepi in order to get Togetic anytime soon, don't have much hope in just finding one, while a Raid Tyranitar is more possible (alongside an amount of Candy that should help me get Pupitar).

The only other notable thing I managed to do today is get enough time for a Croconaw raid, sadly I only got Revives out of it, no TMs/Rare Candies as I hoped. Only tried throwing all my Premier Balls at it without using any items, failed to catch it, but I don't mind.

Turned on my game to release some pokemon and I found a Vulpix. I don't have it, so I caught it :3

I decided to ask Spark about the Vulpix, but suddenly Candela appears and gives me info about the pokemon. o_O It seemed like a glitch so I screenshotted it before turning off the game and logging back in. However, Candela is still there to give me info.

I'm on Team Instinct. Where did Spark go?

I decided to ask Spark about the Vulpix, but suddenly Candela appears and gives me info about the pokemon. o_O It seemed like a glitch so I screenshotted it before turning off the game and logging back in. However, Candela is still there to give me info.

I'm on Team Instinct. Where did Spark go?
It's a well known glitch that only happens with Candela appearing in place of Spark (not any other combination), hopefully they'll fix it soon :)
the real reason is that Team Valor has completely taken over Team Instinct! LONG LIVE TEAM VALOR AND CANDELA :p

Today was a nice day! Found a Pupitar, as noted in the "Yes Moments!" Thread. Evolved a geodude into a gravellar. Looks as if I'll be getting a better Golem next time. Also evolved my Machoke. During to Fire-and-Ice event I also managed to get a Ninetales. Level also increased a lot. Got a 'seen' entry for croconaw. Also have a Quilava now.

Pokedex: 217 -> 218
New species: Flaaffy

Just did this evolution now that double XP is up. I had the Candy ready and only one Wonder Flaaffy with 2 perfect IVs out of 3 so I didn't feel like waiting on this just in case I get one with 3 I could go all the way to Ampharos with.

I turned on my game and found that a Quilava spawned close to my house. Sweet! I grabbed my things and went and caught it. It even has good stats, so I'm pretty excited about raising it.

I looked at the pokemon occurrence menu to see if there were any more raids I could participate in...

and there was a FREAKING. ARTICUNO. IN MY AREA.

I screenshotted it for proof (in case I ever get to brag about it), and walked for 15 minutes till I got to the small playground where it was. Yup, it was definitely Articuno, sporting a whopping 37603 CP. I was willing to use up my PokeCoins to buy a Raid Pass if I could battle and catch it. I was also hoping for a raid where I didn't have to battle alone, so I looked around to see if there were other trainers.

But the area was completely deserted. Due to the heavy thunderstorm during the previous hours plus the humid & stuffy air, no one was playing outside in the sweltering weather. And it was a Sunday - many of the shops and cafes around the playground had closed. After looking around for one last time, I gave up and left the area because the weather was annoying me.

On the way home, I hatched a Magby, which I didn't have. Nice, but I wish I could have battled Articuno. I could have just bought the raid pass and battled it alone but looking back charging into a battle that I'd lose 100% would have been a waste of PokeCoins.

Last edited:
I did some extra transfers I normally wouldn't do to get 2 Candy for each, it's notable how I once had around 295 Pokemon after most regular transfers and though it would be pretty hard to get below that again, but now I'm at about 250. I guess I still am a bit too keepy with some Pokemon. Through this I also managed to pull off just a few more evolutions to get as little extra XP I could.

The cool part was tonight, I found a Gym that should be very easy to defend for the entire night, hopefully I'm getting all 50 Coins before someone kicks me out too soon. I also found my second Ash Cap Pikachu and caught it, so I'll be able to have both Pikachu and Raichu. Still no luck with Pichu though :(

I plan to get done with my 10km Egg tomorrow, before the double Candy bonus is over, hopefully it's something good like Dratini, Pupitar, Chansey or Porygon and I get ~40 Candy for it.

Nice, but I wish I could have battled Articuno. I could have just bought the raid pass and battled it alone but looking back charging into a battle that I'd lose 100% would have been a waste of PokeCoins.
Don't worry too much, you should get a chance at it again sooner or later. It would indeed not be worth it.

Added Articuno to the Pokedex. Caught 3 out of 6 successful raids. No Aerodactyl raids in the area after I got up tho :(

Yesterday I hatched 2 Eggs as discussed in the Egg thread, Pineco and Smoochum. Got some evolutions out thanks to them.
Also made some more transfers, trying to make the most out of double Candy even though I can't catch many Pokemon these days.
Although the extension of the event for 3 days should help a lot because I'll have more chances to play tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the Gyarados I had defending a Gym for more than a day was finally kicked out, so +50 Coins and the 7th Bronze Badge.

Saw a wild Ferligator but after 2 golden razz berries and ultra balls, it ran

Hatched a Swinub which gave me the gold ice medal.

Finally got into a Lugia raid but didn't catch it.

New Medal: 200 Psychic-types
Raid: Muk (Wonder, caught)

Solo'd a Raid Muk. +3 Rare Candy there, nice. I only tried to catch it by throwing the Premier Balls, not investing any Berries on it. But I still got it, and it was Wonder :)

Also caught a Wonder Eevee and decided to evolve it; it became a Vaporeon with perfect moveset :D
Already started powering it up until I was out of Stardust, it now stands at 1679 CP. It's going to take some more time to be really good but it's pretty nice.

Hatched 2 eggs:
5km, Wonder Cyndaquil. Nice enough, gave me lots of Candy so I evolved it and may consider making it a Typhlosion someday.
5km, Wonder Natu. Gave me the Psychic-type gold medal and lots of Candy, which I used to evolve a better Wonder Natu I had.

I now have 13/18 types as gold medals and Dark is close to gold, 191/200

The events (Pikachu and GO Fest are over). Closing thoughts:
>I managed to get 2 Cap Pikachu so I can also get Cap Raichu in time. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Cap Pichu, but I don't mind too much.
>I did a few evolutions and transfers to make use of the XP and Candy bonuses. The extra Stardust helped me with powering up Vaporeon, and the XP makes me close to level 31
>Reduced Buddy distance helped me get a few Larvitar and Togepi Candies, reduced Egg distance helped me hatch the eggs above in time

I now have 198 PokeCoins after two good defenses that gave me 50 each and am thinking of if/when I should buy an Incubator. I could also go for a Raid Pass but it doesn't feel worth it at the moment, I rarely get to have more than 2 Raids per day.

Found a red gym with only one Arcanine guarding it. I defeated it and turned the gym yellow by leaving my Kingdra.

On my way to catch Kabuto, I found another yellow gym and left my Slowbro there. Hopefully, I'll be able to get more coins.

On my 4th try, finally caught a Lugia and it is 93%. Also caught 2 more Articuno and am now 6 of 12 on him.

I still haven't been able to defeat any Raid Bosses higher than Rank Two, so Legendary Pokemon are well out of my reach.

I was able to catch a few Ash Hat Pikachu during the event, so that was cool. There were a few Electabuzz in one of my local parks and because of the double candy, I have more than enough for an eventual Electrivire. I also caught a Hoppip and because of using the Pinab Berry, I got twelve pieces of candy instead of six. I'm still hoping to find a Hoppip egg, but that will help me out with getting a Jumpluff. I also saw a few Pokemon at a couple of Gyms like Mr. Mime, Corsola and Porygon 2.

A part of me kind of hopes that they'll introduce Hoenn into the game relatively soon just so I have more Pokemon to capture and work on evolving, but they just recently updated the eggs to include Johto Pokemon, which they should have done a lot sooner. They may just start with some baby Pokemon again like Azuril and Wynut, which wouldn't be a bad way to go about it, but whenever they do include third generation Pokemon, I hope that they're included in the eggs a lot sooner than they did with Johto. Hatching Pokemon is one of the best/most effective ways to get candies for evolutions, so not having that as an option for the longest time was a really bad call on their part.

Did an evolution spree to reach level 30. New species include: Blastoise, Alakazam, Ursaring, Umbreon, Bellossom, Typhlosion, Meganium, Jumpluff, Dugtrio, Azumarill, and Lanturn.

Yes! Managed those 50 Pikachu candies so that I can get my ultimate starter Raichu! But, the CP and appraisals of my Santa Pikachu are abysmal (280 CP, for the curious), so I'm currently in the process of hatching all my 2km July 7-24 eggs in the mad chance that one of them ends up being an Ash-Pichu with decent CP (having an Ash-Raichu instead of Santa- one will also make sense thematically as Pikachu was Ash's starter and Raichu is meant to represent mine). One of them ended up being Nidoran and the last 2 km egg is halfway to hatching. Here's hoping that one of them is Pichu!

Also spotted an Articuno raid, but-
1. I wasn't able to go to that area at the time due to some factors.
2. There aren't enough players...

So I just screenshoted it so I could cry in peace... Screenshot

Back
Top Bottom