• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Raids: Suicune (failed), Suicune, Exeggutor, Suicune, Suicune
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 2703/2637/2634, Arcanine 2330/2080, Golem 2301, Flareon 2209
New Medal: Gym Leader (Gold)
+2 Silver Gym Badges

Didn't feel like making a post about them until now, otherwise I would've split it in way too many parts and would past too many times in a row for my liking.

Tuesday
Just attending my university's classes in the campus, but during the breaks I managed to get a few defenders through which I finally got the Gym Leader Gold Medal (1000 hours defended) and 2 Silver Gym Badges (off the 4 Gyms in the campus, so 2 more to go) and also got two lucky catches; Rhydon 2634 and Arcanine 2080. Unfortunately, the former's got a Rock Smash/Earthquake moveset (not terrible but not great) and the latter got the super-terrible Snarl/Wild Charge. Nothing else for that day, as I got the daily matters covered.

Wednesday - 2 Suicune Raids that went wrong :(
After classes I made it to the city centre and found a Suicune Raid, we got 7 people gathered but unfortunately it barely wasn't enough as some were low level and didn't have good counters. So one Pass wasted :( Did the second one fine about half an hour later, but no catch or Rare Candy added insult to injury.

Thursday
Nothing much either, just making sure I don't miss on any of the daily bonuses.

Friday - Not-Suicune Raid
I had to do two Raids again BUT NAH something had to come up on Friday evening again; I really should know better from now on and never leave the 2-raids to fall on Friday ever again. As I didn't have much time and didn't want to lose the daily Pass, I just did a nearby Exeggutor; it was the only Rank 2 species I've never done before (I was always afraid of it since it's the only one that's not soloable with the 2 Rhydon) and so I was a bit worried, but Tyranitar + Scizor + Arcanine did it pretty easily. Caught it too, but it wasn't Wonder and I'm not spending 75000 Stardust 66 Candy on this when I have a Level 30 Wonder Exeggcute waiting to be great with just 50 Candy.

Saturday - Suicune Raids and more
So the task of two Suicune Raids got a delay for Saturday, which is much more manageable. Did them fine, didn't catch them unfortunately but I got a fair share of Rare Candy, getting closer to that Venusaur register. Since I had some spare time and battery, and the friends around planned to have Lure sessions at the city centre, I sticked around; and we got lucky with a Flareon 2209 spawn, full Fire moveset. Not bad, now there's one less Level 30 Eeveelution to worry about :) Since I got a Wonder Jolteon (albeit Level 20, and I may not even bother powering it up anytime soon since I'll focus on Raikou instead) this means that I'm now going to focus on getting good Espeon; when I'm finally done with Venusaur and get a good Eevee, I'll go for the 10km Buddy trick.

After the end of these Lure farms and upon getting home a while earlier I got my storage filled in with 50ish evolutions again so I bought a Lucky Egg, popped it and went for the evolutions; and poof Rhydon 2703 and 2637, Arcanine 2330, Golem 2301 ; The first two unfortunately also are Rock Smash/Earthquake, so the Fight Ground group got 5 members while Pure Ground only has 3 (one of which is not so good). This means that when Raikou comes in I plan to use a few Fast TMs I got spare to give those higher ones Mud Slap and get a full Ground 6-Rhydon team to tryhard DPS for the +3 Premier Balls. Arcanine's got a Dark/Fire moveset meh, but if I really need more pure Fire too soon (I don't) I can just use some spare Fast TMs. And Golem is the good one, second one in the Rock-type team.

Species (caught): 232 -> 234
New species: Girafarig, Venusaur
POKEDEX "COMPLETE"! All species currently available in my region except Unown are registered as caught. :D :D :D
Raid: Suicune

Sunday morning - Girafarig

So I was sitting at home, thinking about how I only need Girafarig and Venusaur to finally be done with the Pokedex. Venusaur was well on its way thanks to the Ivysaur Buddy and generally catching enough Bulbasaur with Pinap now and then. Girafarig would need some out-of-the-way luck to get, though. So I asked a few friends over Discord for locations where they've found any etc. and deduced that there currently exists a frequent spawn point in the city, but it's way "out there". Still felt like going to camp it, though; took me 1.5 hour to get there, and then I had to wait 3.5 more hours; I almost felt like giving up in the end but it finally spawned; I used Ultra Ball + Golden Razz (no way I'm risking missing this and getting it flee like my previous one, after all this wait). And ta-da, caught!

Sunday noon - seaside park, Suicune raid

I still had some time and battery spare and the popular seaside park area to play GO in was in between the area I was and home, so I thought why not? Unfortunately it was a bit too hot and sunny but there were a few places with shade, a few other people who put Lures up, pulled off a few catches (including the last 2 Bulbasaur needed for the Venusaur register!) and a bit later a Suicune spawned so I felt like sticking around to do it, even though I normally wait 2 days; but this is the perfect way to skip Friday too; the next ones come Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday now :D We defeated it fine, it was 1607 CP (good IV!) so I tried catching it with Golden Razz (as I have excess by now) but unfortunately it didn't stick around :(

But it doesn't matter because the Dex is finally complete! I can chill out a bit now until the first Gen III Pokemon hit around the corner, most probably during Halloween event.

Woah. Congrats Zexy. :D
Thanks a lot :D But please post some part of your own gameplay as well whenever posting in this thread, so that we don't get several posts that are just congratulations.
My Pokédex is nearly complete. I still haven't registered Ampharos or Hitmontop into my Pokédex.
Good job; just find a Hitmontop frequent spawn point and a similar area for Mareep (while you have it as Buddy + maybe use Rare Candy) and you should be done soon!
---
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Machamp 2271/Arcanine 2168/Golem 2011

Haven't done much today, just getting defenders in the campus' Gyms, catching whatever I can in between and gathering enough evolutions for another Lucky Egg in the end of the day, off which I got those 3 Pokemon; Machamp needs a few powerups, Golem needs more. I'll get to them eventually.

I was a bit lucky on the Eevee department too; got a 36 CP Jolteon spawn which I caught with Pinap of course and a 5km Wonder Eevee hatch. I have 73 Candy now but I'd rather wait for a higher level Eevee before getting an Espeon through the 10km trick.

I've been sitting on 239 caught for a while now. The last two I could possibly get are Unown and Mewtwo, but at the moment it's more of a hassle. And obviously Suicune when it comes out in my area.

Other than that, I've been collecting coins when I can (up to 832 with a defender in currently) and waiting for Gen 3 :) Solo'd a random Quilava just for fun: I'm trying to get to the next level as well, I'm halfway to level 33 at the moment.

Raids: Suicune, Tyranitar
+1 Silver Gym Badge

Just playing a little the past few days, getting the 3rd out of 4 Gyms in the campus Silver, did the 2 Raids yesterday; there were not many Suicune and a Tyranitar spawned straight in the city centre so there was enough interest, unfortunately I didn't manage to catch it despite using Golden Razz.

Battle Legend Bronze Medal
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 2326
Raids: Suicune

Got the Bronze Medal for Battle Legend when it was introduced as I had 33 complete by then. Went downtown to get my two Raids but there only was one Suicune and no Tyranitar spawning all over the place the entire afternoon, so I only managed to pull off one :( I hanged out a bit with some friends by some Lures, hatched a Rhyhorn which gave me enough Candy to evolve a higher CP one into Rhydon 2326 (but the moveset is Rock Smash/Megahorn ugh terrible). The best part is that the Suicune Raid gave me 15 Rare Candies :D

Downloaded the game again and went outside.

Nice captures today. I caught Houndour, Sableye, Shuppet, Cubone, Hypno - all of which I don't have. I also caught a Gastly and a Venonat.
My partner Graveler found several candies today, even though I didn't walk that much. Great! I should gather as much candies as I can during this event... although I still have a long way to go before she can evolve into a Golem.

Guys, I had a great session yesterday.

Went out for the first serious play session in a while. Caught all the Gen III stuff to get all 5 registered, so now I have that Bronze medal. I really like the way Sableye looks in the game. :)

Decided to do a couple Entei raids. Met up for one with some people and caught it, it was a okay one from the appraisal if I remember, nothing too fancy. But that wasn't the best thing. We went to a second raid and once we beat it it popped up with 1930 CP, my first perfect raid!!! I caught it on my second ball, and it was so hype. I was so excited at the time and I powered it up immediately as far as I could go. I'm now 3/3 on Entei raids, couldn't be happier :)

Last edited:
Species: 234 -> 239 (caught), 240 -> 245 (seen)
New species (caught and seen): Duskull, Shuppet, Sableye, Banette, Dusclops
New medals: Ghost type bonus Gold, Hoenn Bronze
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Exeggutor 2466/2174, Arcanine 2392, Rhydon 2298, Gengar 2132, Golem 2252, Kingler 2042, Entei 2014
Raids: Suicune, Suicune, Suicune
+1 Silver Gym Badge

Friday afternoon - Suicune Raid, Halloween event prepwork and a new friend
After getting done with classes on Friday I headed to the city centre in order to do 2 (as originally planned) Raids (Suicune or at best Tyranitar). I did find two Suicune easily, close to each other, headed to the one I deduced people would go to first, found lots of people and did it easily, and even caught it; I don't remember what CP/IVs it had but it was certainly worse than my best one @1597 CP/93%.

I was considering of going to the second one, but a Level 39 Mystic guy I just met there pointed out that I'd rather save the Pass and use it during the event to get more Candy, hopefully on Tyranitar too. I thought it was a good idea and didn't go for the second one, sticking with him as we would farm items instead. We also played around with the Gym there a little, constantly switching it teams so we could get +100s and spin the Photo Disc when it was on our team. He's a pretty nice guy and we helped each other make the farming session less boring, as well as XPing up the Gym which I got the Silver Badge for (as I got a good chunk of XP off the Raid earlier). When we got enough items and calculated the best point to stop (taking into account the battery % we had left and as a result how long it would take us to get back to each of our homes, fully recharge and leave again for the seaside park to make it there just in time for event start) we went our separate ways for a few hours and promised to meet again later.

Friday evening - The First Great Session of the Event
As explained above, I quickly came back home and put the phone/power bank on the chargers, they were done just in time to leave and reach the seaside park by event start.

Duskull was the very first Pokemon I saw, caught it easily with Pinap and registered it. Shuppet was the second, did the same. I would then keep catching whatever was around, making sure to Pinap the next 3 Duskull/Shuppet (4 Pinap catches is enough to get you 50 Candy). So I had Dusclops and Banette ready, but didn't evolve yet. Sableye took a while to come, I was afraid it would be very rare but apparently it isn't that bad; caught it with Razz easily, there's that register too. I also focused on getting 100 Duskull Candy reserved for Dusknoir, that also happened easily thanks to Pinap. My next focus was getting the Ghost type bonus Gold medal, I started the session at 130/200 and was at about 150/200 when I got done with my previous two main goals; this took a few hours but also happened without any trouble thanks to Razz.

And at that point I realized that the main objectives of the event were already over halfway through the first session lol; so from here it was just Candy farm; no longer having to rush to whichever Ghost spawned, I joined the masses who were just going in circles around the 6 Lured PokeStops, which of course included lots of people I've played with before and the afternoon guy; the first night of event is always a great seaside park party, especially if we're lucky enough to get it on Friday or Saturday.

I got 125 Gastly Candy (I made sure to Pinap most of them) and 50 Krabby Candy but the lucky moment was a 2174 CP Exeggutor spawning in a Lure; I had to resort to Ultra + Golden Razz to catch it, and ta-da! Third good Exeggutor/Suicune counter in the team; and there's more; it gave me enough Candy to evolve my Level 30 Wonder Exeggcute too, I pulled this evolution off immediately instead of waiting for a Lucky Egg binge as I'd rather have it done before engaging in future Suicune Raids; so Exeggutor 2466 got in too, and that's how I got from 2 good counters to 4 in just one night (well they have Seed Bomb but no way I'm TMing that to get Solar Beam when I may get Psychic).

During the session I got Banette and Dusclops spawns that I caught, so I got them registered before the Lucky Egg pop; and along them came the Hoenn Bronze medal. The rest of the session was pretty cool although I started to have resource problems; running too low on Poke Balls and Berries and too high on storage space; I had 40 Lucky Egg evolutions slots reserved, and I'm still at 350 Pokemon storage and insist on not buying more until the major bunch of Gen III hits and we get a discount. Nevertheless, it was a bit more annoying and I got selective with catches and transfers but I managed to keep going until the end of the session.

When I got home I decided to transfer 2 Entei and 2 Suicune (keeping the 93% and the 91% Entei as well as the 93% Suicune), also powered up Entei to the max possible with the Stardust I had; and that's how Entei 2104 got in; I have 15 more Entei Candy and should keep going with it when I get a few other powerups out of the way.

Saturday - 2 Suicune Raids, The Second Great Session of the Event and The First Great Lucky Eggsplosion of the Event
After sleeping and doing some other things I had to, I checked for nearby raids in the city centre as well; there were two Suicune next to each other, I found another friend and a group waiting there, we did them both, I caught the second :D So I'm at 4/17 Suicune catches (wonder how it'll end up comparing to the 4/20 I got on Entei). In any case, this Suicune was bad IV too and I transferred it; not that I plan on powering up my 93% one, but keeping any more is just a waste of space unfortunately, sorry Suicune -_-

I then contacted some players through Discord and we decided to camp a park close to the centre with 4 Lures for the night, instead of going all the way down to the seaside park and walking around; this would save us some walking (I can't really walk THAT much every day) and time to get there and back; the plan was to leave with the last subway of Saturday night instead of the first one of next morning, so we couldn't afford longer commutes. It was a nice place that got us lots of spawns of course but there was much less diversity compared to the seaside park, so we're not planning to go there again.

It still was enough to get to 125 Geodude Candy, 100 Rhyhorn Candy and 50 Growlithe Candy and a bit beyond too, getting ready for the next ones. It also let me get more evolutions ready for the Lucky Egg; for the record I hit 450 Duskull Candy (of which I saved 100) and 300 Shuppet Candy, those are some huge numbers but apparently these ghosts are EVERYWHERE. And I got 125 MORE Gastly Candy too, but there's a little problem with that; you'll see where I'm going with this very soon.

Anyway, by the time I got back home I had 75 evolutions ready, and thought that I wouldn't be able to do them all within a Lucky Egg's 30 minutes. I just bought one (haven't decided if I will buy an Ultra Box yet so I just used 80 Coins like that, I REALLY had to transfer these out of storage, I was stuck at 349/350 for all the session!) The surprising part, both when it comes to my phone's quality and my ability to not mess this up, is that I managed to get all 75 evolutions in, just in time; when I was done with the 75th the Egg had 10 seconds left :D

Let's sum this up: 75000 XP, Arcanine 2392 (Fire Fang/Wild Charge, meh it can work as a defender), Rhydon 2298 (Rock Smash/Stone Edge) and another 2300ish one (Rock Smash/Megahorn, more on this later), Gengar 2132 (Level 30 and with the desired moveset, ready and with no need for TMs yay), Golem 2252 (needs powerups but it also got the moveset right), Kingler 2042 (Water Gun/X-Scissor, meh it can work as a defender) and... Gengar 1999 (it started off at 1800ish and I used all my Stardust just to fall 1 CP short off 2000 ARGH I'll have to endure this until tomorrow -_-; needs a few more obviously, but it is Wonder so worth the shot of evolving and spending some Stardust on, it also got the moveset right!)

Finally, I decided to finally transfer some 2000+ CP Pokemon that were useless. It hurt a little bit to do so, I considered them a bit too strong and as you might've noticed I like listing them all here and in Trainer Cards etc. but they really were just taking space at this point; this included 3 Rock Smash/Megahorn mediocre CP/IV Rhydon, 3 Dark/Fire moveset Arcanine (that kept getting more obsolete as even my 1900ish CP Dark/Fire moveset Houndoom are better) and the Metal Claw/Vice Grip Kingler. The second Ursaring will go soon too when I get some more Machamp (I got 125 Machop Candy too but no good Machop to use them on).

Haven't Posted in here in a while but I thought I would.
For October I'm 20/26 on Entei Raids. I finished 12/34 on Raikou :( . I have also participated in 2 EX Raids. The first one I had planned to go home and visit my parents for the weekend. I still did but I had to race up to make it in time for the raid. For the second one I had class during it and then a meeting immediately after so I had to rush to the raid and leave. I wish I could have had the time for one of them to sit and enjoy it with all the new players but I couldn't :(. I also have obtained my first 3k CP pokemon in a blissey which is always fun. Last I started an Instagram for my pogo account which has been fun.

Went 3 for 6 on Entei this weekend so now at 23 for 28. Caught another 95% tho. And after powering up my 100% Entei another level, was down to 2 stardust lol.

New Medals: Pikachu Fan Silver
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 2472, Arcanine 2327, Golem 2161, Omastar 2086, Gengar 2072, Houndoom 2029, Kingler 2027, Gengar 2016, Gengar 2004

Sunday afternoon - 3rd full session of the event, seaside park
After the 2nd session which was in the city centre and had no Egg hatching and less diverse spawns, I decided to head to the seaside park for the 3rd one. I found some friends and we set up Lures of course, caught lots of interesting Pokemon there, including a 1001 CP Dragonair with Pinap (20 Candy :D) and got 42 evolutions prepared, including: 1x Rhydon, 1x Arcanine, 1x Golem, 1x Houndoom, 1x Kingler, 1x Gengar. Yet if I were to post an update for this session alone there'd be nothing to write above.

Monday afternoon - 4th full session of the event, city centre (Make Rain, Not Raid :()
For the 4th session I would head to the city centre again; this is for several resons, such as mixing it up so that it is less repetitive, monotonous and boring (it can be at times, but in the end it pays off). It's also a way to take off some load off my feet, because walking too much in all the sessions isn't healthy. And finally, I had 2 Raid Passes to spend away. So, I organized with some friends over Discord to head for a Suicune that would hatch soon... but it then started pouring. HARD :( And this is the story of how I lost today's Raid Pass.

Thankfully the rain can't stop us from getting Lure sessions, because the central square has a nice cafe right next to all the cool PokeStops that's got a great and rainless interior :D For the next hours we'd only use Lures; thanks to those I got 45 more evolutions, getting to 87, including: 1x Rhydon, 1x Arcanine, 2x Houndoom, 2x Gengar + lots of Duskull/Shuppet (over 600 Duskull Candy!) I also got the Pikachu Fan Silver medal (50 Pikachu caught) thanks to all the Halloween Hat ones that would spawn.

On the way home I hatched an Omanyte from a 5km Egg, giving me enough Candy for an Omastar.
The 2nd Lucky Eggsplosion
A bit less than an hour ago, I popped a Lucky Egg and started mass evolving of course, as I was stuck to 349/350 for most of the session.
This time I got 77 evolutions in, which means that I kept 10 of them spare for next time.

To sum it up:
77000 XP (I'm now past 700k/1 million on the way to Level 34)
Rhydon 2472 (Mud Slap/Earthquake; my 4th pure Ground one, it's nice as it means I'll need to spend 1 Fast TM less before Raikou gets live here) and the other Rhydon which got Rock Smash/Megahorn and I transferred away
Arcanine 2327 (Fire Fang/Wild Charge; meh, it can function as a defender) and the other Arcanine which got Snarl/Wild Charge (transferred)
Golem 2161 (Mud Slap/Rock Blast; needs a Fast TM but meh I'll wait until I actually need 6 Rock-types)
Omastar 2086 (full Water moveset; not bad, I'm still lacking in the Water department after Vaporeon and have to get by with Gyarados, Kingler and now this too; considering I'll never get a legacy moveset one, this is the best I can go with)
Gengar 2072, 2016 and 2004 (unfortunately only one got Hex/Shadow Ball right away; the other two got Sludge Bomb, and one of them even got Sucker Punch; I'll only TM away when I'll need them though)
Houndoom 2029 (Snarl/Foul Play yay! Didn't get any more good enough Houndour for the others to be good)
Kingler 2027 (Metal Claw/Water Pulse; meh it can function as a defender or get Fast TM'd as a Water attacker, but it's not too good; I may actually transfer this one later)

Still having horrible luck with eggs. Hatched 9 5k today and 6 were strongs. Only thing worth mentioning was a 95% Phanphy.

Had more luck hunting on the way home from work. Caught a Bannette, a 91% Duskull I evolved, a 91% Sableye, and a shiny Sableye between 91-95%. With Bannette and Dusclops done, got the bronze medal for Hoenn.

Also due to all the egg hatching, had enuf stardust to power up my 100% Entei to lvl 34. He is now at 3088 CP and my 3rd highest CP pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom