• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Raids: Raikou, Raikou

Just did 2 more Raikou Raids in the city centre with a few friends, both bad IV caught neither. Also hatched Tyrogue and got a few more km registered in the second soon-to-be Espeon Buddy.

Participated in two legendary raids this past Monday. Caught both Suicune, and the second one was another perfect! I could not believe my eyes, I'm so happy to have a 100% Suicune since it's my favorite legendary beast. :) :) It was a great day.

I need to try out some of the new raids, I'd love to get another really strong Golem

Did 2 more Raikou Raids so as to not waste any daily Raid Passes yesterday. One was 1902 CP (96%) and I managed to catch it (with Golden Razz) :) Second best one I have after the 100% one and definitely a good keep, although I'm holding to the 91% one I got as well for now. Used a Rare Candy too to power up the 100% one to Level 30 at last, it's at 2870 CP now. Whether I should keep powering it up when I'll be able to is a dillema...

Anyway, didn't catch the second one even though I tried with Pinap (as it was bad IV) but I don't mind, the first one still went very well :)

Caught a 93% Spearow so I can cross Fearow off the list and stop catching Spearow.

Have had no luck with the new raids as I have done a Wartortle, Sandslash, and Cloyster and all 3 have had 2nd tier stats.

Also done about 10 Suicune, and so far best I have seen/caught was 86% with a CP of 1586.

Went to the Pokemon Festa and caught Mr. Mime and Unown (W). I also caught a couple of Pikachu, which were complete brats and wasted all my pokeballs. By the time I found another Unown symbol, I had zero pokeballs.

EDIT: I caught a Lapras unexpectedly after changing locations for supplies at new Pokestops.

Last edited:
Bag storage upgrade: 350 -> 400
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Tyranitar 3073 :D
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 2600, Espeon 2255
+1 Silver Gym Badge

Friday evening I did 2 Raikou Raids easily with a group of friends; both bad IV, tried with Pinap, didn't catch. I also got two lucky spawns; Larvitar and Blissey. Both bad IV/medium CP, basically the worst combination; too bad to be worth Golden Razz, too hard to catch to be worth Pinap. So I caught them with Ultra Ball + Razz for only a few Candy each :( Also got a Silver Gym Badge on one of the two Gyms I Raided in as I've done lots of Raids there.

Saturday I planned with some other friends to camp that good old park in the city centre with 4 Lured Pokestops. Got a level 29 decent IV Rhyhorn caught, which I decided to evolve; Rhydon 2600, Mud Slap/Stone Edge. It can be useful for Raikou rejoins (I rarely need to do them if we try it with too few people) so it's a keep. Also got enough km walked on Eevee to evolve into Espeon 2255, it got Future Sight right away so no TM investment needed :) Put the 3rd Eevee as a Buddy.

And the luckiest part came afterwards; 2 more Larvitar spawns in the Lures over the night, one of which was Level 27 89% IV! Evolved into Tyranitar, powered up to Level 30, Tyranitar 3073! My new #1, pushing everything else down a slot in the Top 6 and poor Raikou is out on #7 again (but will soon come back :p) Bite/Crunch, 3rd good level Tyranitar so glad this happened :)

I also got to 1000+ Coins and decided to buy a single Bag upgrade as I was getting too squeezed in between all the Rare Candies and Golden Razz Berries I've been saving and would have to go way down on my Max Potions/Revives supply otherwise. I still have enough for some Lucky Eggs (when the time comes), a single Incubator and 3 Storage Upgrades (under discount) when Gen III hits, so I could finally do it just once to get some better sense of space.

Other than that I keep farming Stardust/XP/Candy to give away in a 2x XP event for more XP; slowly and steadily going to 35...

Have done about 15 Suicune raids since Saturday. Highest CP I caught was 1591(1595 ran :cry: ) which was an 86%. Highest percentage I got was 88 which had a CP of 1577. Now at 12 of 25 caught.

Powered up my 100% Snorlax another level. Think he is my 7th highest CP now. Will end up 4th at 3115 CP when I am done.

Raids: Raikou, Raikou, Metapod

Did 2 Raikou Raids yesterday downtown with a few friends, we organized them all easily and quickly, but both were bad IVs and once again I didn't catch them after trying with Pinap :(
Today early in the morning I did a Metapod Raid in a nearby Gym because I need to get out of town for a few days and I'll have to stop doing Raikou anyway, but better not waste today's Pass. It was an easy catch with Pinap, more Caterpie Candy for eventual evolutions never hurt.

New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Espeon 2372
Pokemon Storage Upgrade (350 -> 400)

Did 2 Raikou Raids with some friends earlier this evening. The first one was 1893 CP, I considered using Golden Razz since it had to be ~90% perfect but since I have 100% and 96% I felt like using Pinap instead; still caught it with the first Premier Ball though, Curveball Great :) So here I go, 4 90%+ IV Raikou I'm keeping (for now, I think I'll eventually transfer the last two in double Candy, we'll see). Powered up the 100% one to 2918 CP (with the help of 2 Rare Candy, felt like using them since I plan to max it out anyway eventually); so it's now #5 of the Top 6, pushing the 3rd Tyranitar in #6 and poor Gyarados out (wow it was #2 once...)

Also completed another 10km cycle with an Eevee Buddy so I evolved into Espeon, 2372 CP; switched to the fourth one.

Finally bought a storage upgrade (and GO Plus!) as already explained in the event thread. Getting ready for dem double XPs :p

Took 29 Suicune attempts but I finally saw one over 1600(1606). 12 golden razz + balls later he ran away.

Someone posted an Unknown 10 minutes away from me on FB but saw it less then a minute after it despawned.

Caught a Typhlosion in the wild but still a no good very bad day in Pokemon Go.

UPDATE: Today(Wednesday) 33rd time was the charm for a Suicune over 90% as I caught a 1593(13/15/14) 93%. Of course then caught a 1597 that was only 88%(15/10/15).

Last edited:
Level: 34 -> 35
Raids: 3 Raikou, of which 2 caught with Pinap, now at 10/26
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Raikou 100% reached 3205 CP, max possible for my level
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Machamp 2401, Rhydon 2320, Scizor 2105

Double XP has kicked off, got two full sessions in:

Tuesday afternoon - 1st full session - city centre
As already explained in the event thread:
Anyways, first day of double XP in and I popped 2 Lucky Eggs (out of the 6 bought from the Box), unfortunately my phone was lagging in the second one (never going to attempt this again after a few hours of playtime when it's heating up) so I only got slightly more than 50 in the second time; first was a good 75 :) I'm only 20000 XP away from Level 35 (one Raikou Raid), so that's a definitely a given for tomorrow. At this rate I should grab 36 in time, problem is it'll be harder to replenish evolutions each time; the Nidoran are almost over, I'm not getting enough Pidgey...
The rest of the session was just hanging out with friends by 4 Lured PokeStops thanks to 6 hour Lures, farming catches until battery ran out.

Wednesday afternoon - 2nd full session - city centre

Started off with some Lures farming, hit Level 35. Raikou Raid spawned nearby, we did it easily; no catch. Lucky Egg pop, got about 70 evolutions in while catching everything around with Plus. Got Machamp 2401, Rhydon 2320, Scizor 2105 in there as evolutions as the former two were good IV and I was saving them until now, the latter is just high level. Then two more Raikou spawned a bit further, went there with some people to do them (used the Premium Pass from the Box to do a third); caught them both with Pinap, that was some great luck! Add those Candies in plus some Rare Candies I wanted to get rid of for bag space, and ta-da Raikou maxxed out (for my level) to 3205.
The rest of the session was just hanging out with friends by 4 Lured PokeStops thanks to 6 hour Lures, farming catches until battery ran out. I am now past 300k/1.5m on Level 35, more than 1/5th; at this rate I should hit 36 in time.

The plan for tomorrow involves the seaside park, one Lucky Egg pop to get rid of some more evolutions while using Incense and walking around in a 6 Lures loop; then spending the other Incense I have without Lucky Egg... lots of walking, I probably won't be done with the Incense part completely tomorrow so I'll have to go there again some Raid-less day.

Back
Top Bottom