• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Did 1 Suicune raid today and caught another 93% but with better CP(1603) and better stats(15/12/15). If no more this month will power up that one.

Update: And today couldnt get enuf for the late Suicune so went and did a Wartortle. Caught a 95% which is an improvement over the 4 91% Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise I already have.

Last edited:
New species (caught): 240 -> 241, Farfetch'd
Raids: 4 Raikou, 1 of which caught with Pinap, now at 11/30
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 2600, Golem 2280, Espeon 2106
New 100% IV Pokémon: Farfetch'd 343
+1 Silver Gym Badge

Ended up not doing the seaside park yet, that's probably coming tomorrow (Monday).

Thursday noon - 3rd full session - city centre
First thing in the morning, evolved Buddy Eevee into Espeon 2106 and now I'm done with them for now as I have a Psychic Top 6 of 4 Espeon + 2 Alakazam. Changed Buddy to Togetic in order to slowly and steadily get those 100 Candies that'll be needed for Togekiss. Got to the same old spot with the 4 Lures and started catching whatever I could, double Stardust got activated by now. Eventually a Raikou raid spawned nearby and I decided to do it as it was close and it would make things easier on me for Friday, when I wouldn't have much time for Raiding. Went ahead and did it, bad IV, caught with Pinap :D

Got enough evolutions, popped a Lucky Egg at home; I've figured out it's more convenient and efficient than doing it at the farming spot because I can focus on catches instead for the extra Stardust, besides at home I can turn GPS off for smoother performance and get more evolutions off one Egg; I reached a record of 77 this way (previous was 75). Evolved Rhydon 2600 and Golem 2280 during these, both are Wonder and thus keeps, they need TMs to work though.

Friday night - 4th full session - city centre
Couldn't play earlier in the day as I'm quite busy on Fridays. Just kept catching at the spot, mostly focusing on replenishing Zubat/Duskull evolutions, got a lucky Larvitar with Pinap for 7 Candy. Nothing else interesting, just gathering up evolutions in preparation for the next pop.

Saturday evening - 5th full session - city centre
Focused on getting 2 Raikou done a.s.a.p. thankfully I found enough people and went ahead and did them, both bad IVs no catch. Then back to the farming spot for more catches, got enough evolutions and the storage full.

Another Lucky Egg pop at home; this time I actually reached 78 evolutions, yet another record. By this point Farfetch'd is released.

Sunday afternoon - 6th full session - city centre

After getting done with some family matters I opened up the app and hoped to get a nearby Farfetch'd, it was indeed very close and there was a Larvitar in the same spot too, got them both (Golden Razz and Pinap respectively).
Then rushed to the farming spot as always, Raikou eventually spawned nearby, went and did it with all the people around, bad IV no catch. Also got the Silver Gym Badge there, which is nice as it's in a park which means I got better chances for an EX Raid there. More of the usual catch stuff, getting ready for the next pop; I need 2 full sessions to get 75 at this point, in practice.
And just a bit before I was about to leave because of low battery as always, this happened:
100% Farfetch'd! :D :D :D
This was a pretty lucky one and half the Level 30+ Trainers of the city got it, we were all farming in the Lures and someone came from a bit further and told us that the Farfetch'd over there was 100%, so everyone rushed to it :) Low CP but I totally don't mind, not gonna power it up, but it's rare enough to stay as a collectible forever in my storage.
And ta-da, 100% IV Farfetch'd 343 to end the day!

So now I'm at 1.17/1.5 million on the way to Level 36. By tomorrow I should be past 1.35, 0.15 (150k) is just the pop. My Stardust has also reached the record number of 366097.

After work was driving around the local shopping center looking for Farfetch'd. Only found and caught one but afterwards caught a 100% Eevee. My 10th 100% and the 2nd I have caught in the wild.

Update: Eevee evolved into Jolteon and caught a 2nd Farfetch'd that popped up outside the house.

Last edited:
Level: 35 -> 36
Raids: Raikou, 1900 CP 93% caught with Golden Razz, now at 12/31
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Steelix 2038
Power-up: Raikou 3205 -> 3229 (#1)

Monday morning - 7th full session - city centre
Started off with a half hour in the National Park which had a lot of PokeStops I've left unspinned on purpose. One Incense pop + spinning them all for 500 XP each while catching everything around made for a good mini-session; but the Incense itself apparently didn't pay off much despite walking around so I've decided to just use the rest while sitting, else I'm losing on general efficiency.

So I went back to the same old park with the 4 Lured PokeStops and kept farming there, caught a high CP "strong" IV Onix from the nest there. Raikou Raid spawned nearby eventually, went and did it; 1900 CP 93%, used Golden Razz, caught on first attempt :D So I've now got 5 keeps; 100, 96, 93, 93 and 91% I also got up to 10 Raikou Candy at this point.

It eventually started raining so we did move to another spot that has a coffee shop in which you can sit comfortablyit and farm without worrying about rain, but it only has 3 PokeStops which is why we avoid it in all other cases. Kept going there until battery was over, got past the 1.35/1.5m mark (which meant I'd hit 36 after one Lucky Egg with 75+ evolutions).

Upon getting home I did indeed pop said Lucky Egg, the Onix from earlier became Steelix 2038 which is pretty cool as it has the optimal moveset too so I got a neat new defender. I also hit Level 36, of course. Thanks to the new level and 2 Rare Candy to get the Raikou Candy to 12, I pulled off one more power-up on the #1 100% IV Raikou, getting it to 3229 CP. I can do one more power up but would rather wait in case I get actual Raikou Candy before the month is over instead of spending 12 more Rare now.

Last edited:
Had a great session with some friends over the weekend. Went to a local convention center and walked around for 4 hours catching whatever we could. There were so many Magnemite around, I caught 89 of them, plus 2 Magneton. I am now more than 3/4 of the way to my gold steel badge. :) Also found some cool things like an Ampharos, plenty of Geodude and Pikachu, the Jhoto starters, lots of good stuff. I also got my gold Ice and Electric badge, and leveled up to 33 and 1/5th of the way to 34. I think I earned well over 100,000 xp points and about 70,000 stardust.

Now sitting on 730k stardust on-hand :O I might try to go for one million just for the lolz

Hit 36 last night.

Today did 4 Ho-oh raids and caught all 4 so added him. 1st one on 1st ball was Cp 2200 at 91%, 2nd got a crit catch on 7th ball, 3rd on 1st ball, and 4th which was Cp 2217 at 97% on the 8th ball. Once I power one up will be my highest CP Pokemon but will wait til event is over.

New species: 241 -> 242 (caught), 246 -> 247 (seen), Ho-oh
Raids: 3 Ho-oh, 2 caught with Golden Razz, now at 2/3
New 2000+ CP Pokémon: +Rhydon 2785/2524, +Tyranitar 2772, +Donphan 2415, +Golem 2408, +Machamp 2396, +Arcanine 2388, +Ho-oh 2173/2162, +Omastar 2124, +Ursaring 2029
+5 Silver Gym Badges

Tuesday - 8th full session - city centre
Before going off for my first Ho-oh Raid, I optimized my team of Golem with one evolution (which ended up being Golem 2408) and some powerups. I've settled with 4 Rock Blast users and 4 Stone Edge users depending on Ho-oh's charge move (Stone Edge has marginally better damage but is way too risky to use VS Solar Beam, so Rock Blast is the way to go there). I also powered up 100% Raikou once more to the new limit 3253 and am using it in all Ho-oh Raids. The 6th slot is a "wrong" Golem.

Soon after heading out of home and reaching the centre I checked Discord, found one place that has just spawned a Ho-oh Raid and went there; about 40 other people got to it too, because that's how crazy it gets the first day :) It had Solar Beam unfortunately so we needed big teams, we split Mystic and Valor/Instinct, did it with the second group. Ho-oh 2162, Golden Razz, Curveball + Great (it's so easy with how huge of a circle it has!), caught at first attempt! :D So 1/1, registered, all is good.

I then headed for the classic farming spot and spent the rest of the session there; caught a few nice "bases" like a 89% Level 30 Rhyhorn, a bad IV but Level 30 Phanpy (that is still lucky enough with how rare Phanpy is, besides I got a 96% hatched already), strong IV Level 30 Machop, Wonder Level 30 Growlithe, an Omanyte that gave me barely enough Candy, a Teddiursa that did the same... and most importantly LOTS of luck with the Larvitar line, it was a great day! 44 CP Tyranitar, caught with Pinap for 20 Candy and transferred away. 82% low-level Larvitar, kept for now although I have better options so I doubt I'll ever get to maxxing it up. Another mid-level mid-IV one... and most importantly 98% 15/14/15 Larvitar! Got to about 200 Larvitar Candies this way and got a super good base worth maxxing out.

Wednesday - 9th full session - city centre
This time there was no Ho-oh spawned at the time I got there but 2 Rank 5 Eggs were almost ready to hatch right next in our farming spot, in the park area, right when I wanted them both to reach Silver Gym Badge status and get a Raid registered in hopes of getting an EX there! And both hatched into Ho-oh! I decided to actually buy a single Premium Raid Pass so I could do them both, ~60 people showed up this time! We managed to split all three teams, Valor doing them alone for maximum Premier Balls; first one was Ho-oh 2173, caught after a few Golden Razz + Curveball + Great attempts. Second was better, don't remember the exact number, so I went for Golden Razz again, but luck was not with me this time. So 2/3 now.

The rest of the session was spent in the Lures but it didn't get as good as yesterday; there was one lucky Dratini nearby, a Rhydon 2525 that spawned evolved which I caught (not too good IV but it got the perfect Ground moveset and is Level 30 so it's a keep for now) and basically that's all the cool stuff, the rest was just filling up on evolutions again.

After coming back home I popped up a Lucky Egg for 157000 more XP and got:
Rhydon 2785, the evolved 89% Level 30 Rhyhorn I was talking about earlier. Not perfect moveset but that can get fixed if really needed. Best one I got IV-wise for first Rhyperior.
Tyranitar 2772, the evolved 98% Larvitar that I then powered up until I hit 0 Larvitar Candy; it will keep going all the way up to 3500-something.
Donphan 2415, the evolved Level 30 Phanpy; bad IVs but it is usable as a defender I guess.
Machamp 2396, the evolved strong Level 30 Machop that I powered up a little to optimize the Machop Top 6.
Arcanine 2388, the evolved Wonder Level 30 Growlithe, moveset's not too good but in theory it's better than some Flareon I got so it's a keep for now.
Omastar 2124, the evolved Omanyte I got before, not too good but it's my best chance for an Omastar Rock attacker anytime soon (I got Water covered).
Ursaring 2029, the evolved Wonder Teddiursa, perfect defender moveset, still not too useful but worth a keep for now.

I'm now past 500k/2m on the way to 37, reached the 1/4 point. Should get past the 1/2 point before the event is over, I have as much time left until event's end as I had from Level 36 ding until this point, so 2 more full sessions and 1 more Lucky Egg pop (which I'll have to buy as a standalone). Got a fair share of Stardust too but I actually used it on some good Pokémon instead of saving it all up, still got 300k saved.

I dont think I have posted since October so i thought i would recap my November with all the highlights.
So I went 23/28 on Suicune, so I ended up catching the same amount of Suicune as entei. Unfortunately I have less Suicune candy. I did have one or two really cool suicune raid experiences. One was just attempting it with 5 people which we succeeded with(I think we could have beat it with 4) the second came on a rainy night. I had just finished a raid at a gym on campus with about 14 people and another suicune had hatched in town, it had started to rain adn most students did not want to go. I few people from the town next door had to go past it on their way back home so they wanted to do it. I was available and had always wanted to do one downtown so I went. We had only 6 people, 5 were in their cars and I was the only one outside. Unfortunately for me it had started pooring rain. The real interesting part came after the raid though. On my walk back while still trying to catch suicune i went to soak the rain up off of my phone with my elbow and accidentally threw the pokeball and just happened to crit catch the suicune. The next big thing that happened for me was the global catch event. Even though the event took place over my thanksgiving break it still went really well for me. I ended up up catching over 1200 pokemon over the even. Which seems crazy now lol. One of these pokemon happened to be my first wild togetic which was pretty cool. On Thanksgiving itself I couldnt play much but the day after, black friday (In the US all the stores have huge sales and a lot of people do their Christmas shopping), I went to the mall and caught pokemon for a few hours. I sat in a common area with a self phone charging area and just played pogo with my phone plugged in, their was a sprint store on the floor above which was really nice. The gym was almost constantly being contested and it was fun to see all the different trainers entering and fighting the gym. I also saw my first unknown in a gym over the break which was a bit disappointing ;(. Sadly I also didn't see to get an ex-raid pass from it. Towards the end almost everyone on campus had seemed to have leveled up, besides me (including a mystic player that had went from 34 to 36), coming into yesterday I was only 200k xp away so I decided to go ham and ended up getting to the whole 200k (no raids) and am now level 37. Today was a really nice day on campus, weather wise, and having classes end at 1230 I was really hoping I could get some ho oh raids in before the end of the double xp. After the end of my class I decided to go into town to take over some gyms that I did not have a gold metal at since their were no 5* raids on campus. After getting to the last gym which was located in a park I realized that their was a pokestop on the north side of the map which I had never spun before, as it was such a nice day out and there were still no ho oh on campus I decided to go explore and see where it was, after a long walk I found an area on the outskirts of town that had 2 gyms that I had never seen before as well as a really cool forest trail that I had never seen before. At one of the pokestops there was a table with some sharpied graffiti on it. At the table I edited it to say a pokemon's name instead of what it had (a little gift for any future trainers.) I then went back into town. On the way back I saw a wild dragonair on my radar and then preceded to walk as quickly as I could to the pokestop where I then caught it for my second ever wild dragonair. At 230 (an hour and a half before double xp ended where I am) a ho oh egg appear so I was able to get one last legendary raid in. Everyone else seemed to have the same hope as me and we got 20 people at the raid making our largest on campus ever. So overall I had a pretty fun November :)

Raids: 4 Ho-oh, 1 caught with Golden Razz, now at 3/7
New 2000+ CP Pokémon: +Machamp 2427, +Golem 2417, +Ho-oh 2178
+2 Silver Gym Badges

Thursday - 10th full session - city centre and some other new place

Started off with city centre as usual, got a Ho-oh Raid in; bad IV, used Pinap, didn't catch. We then all headed to some farming spot in the suburbs that also has 4 Lured PokeStops but spawns more Pidgey, so we could get more evolutions in the end. The rest of the session was there and we indeed got a pretty good share of Pidgey and other easy stuff like Sentret/Rattata.

Friday - 11th (final) full session - city centre
Back to the usual farming spot, got lucky and found two good Level 30 Wonder Pokémon: Machop and Geodude, evolved into Machamp 2427 and Golem 2417 respectively.

A Ho-oh Raid eventually spawned nearby, went ahead and did it with friends; as I wouldn't get 77 evolutions in time, I popped a Lucky Egg on the spot and used the ~50 evolutions I had after the Raid was done for about 160k XP, the most I've got in a single Lucky Egg.

The somewhat stranger part is that because of the change from Google Maps to OSM a few more Gyms nearby are now considered parks, and they just had to spawn Ho-oh during the event, which brought me in a dilemma... should I try to do as many Raids as possible this last day of the event while turning their Badges Silver and getting chances of getting an EX Raid there, or should I save the Coins instead of spending it on Premium Raid Passes? In the end I was convinced to do said 2 more Raids.

Second Raid for the day was another bad IV Pinap non-catch but the last one was Ho-oh 2178 which is only slightly better than my previous best one, used Golden Razz, caught it on the last ball... that was nerve-wracking, I thought it would leave the entire time :( And I got the 2 Silver Gym Badges in as well.

Event is finally over, whew! Got past my goal of 1/2 million on the way to 37 so I'm very satisfied. I'll take it more easily now but I'll still do Ho-oh... but not today (Saturday), I've got some other things to do and should get some rest; I'll go for 2 tomorrow/Sunday I guess.

Defeated another gym and left my Snorlax for coins.

I searched through my pokemon and discovered I had several pokemon worth raising for gyms and raids. However... I don't have enough Stardust. Guess I'll just have to keep catching pokemon.

Also... have the items changed for PokeStops? I haven't gotten a single Incubator ever since I rejoined for the Gen3 ghosts.

I think the incubators only came out of PokéStops during an event.

Yeah it was the Christmas event last year when you could get one use incubators from stops as your "First Pokestop of the Day".

Anyway, the event is now done and it was very successful I would say :) I'm not sure how much experience I got, but I'm well past the halfway point to level 34. Also did a Ho-Oh event earlier this week, caught it on the last Premier Ball. Also did one last Suicune event (It must have been one of the last ones available since it was around 4PM at the time). Now it's time to get ready for Gen 3! Trying to stock up on coins and stardust while I'm waiting. :)

Raid: Tentacruel

After doing almost nothing on Satruday other than making sure I get 50 Coins and grab the daily bonuses, I was hoping to get 2 Ho-oh or at least 1 done Sunday afternoon, right after something I had to attend... but it took longer than expected and I was free by 6pm and it was too late to reach a Ho-oh that would have enough people in time, so for the first time in a long while I had to spend a Pass on something soloable :( Tentacruel was just on a Gym close by that is on the way to Silver, easily beat with Raikou and Espeon, caught, bad IV, transferred already.

At least I plan to actually get 2 Ho-oh done tomorrow when I'll definitely have time.

Raids: 3 Ho-oh, 2 caught with Golden Razz, now at 5/10
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Ho-oh 2176/2174 (duh)
New Medal: Youngster (Silver)
+1 Silver Gym Badge
Bag space: 450 -> 500

First Raid - city centre park
Went to the city centre in order to do 2 Ho-oh Raids and maybe farm a bit; caught a bad IV Chansey with Pinap along the way so Blissey got powered up a bit. I then found a Ho-oh Raid in the usual park in a Gym I have a Silver Badge in, did it easily as everyone's interested for that spot because of high EX chances, it was the best one I've encountered at about 2190 but despite all my Golden Razz Curve Great throws I couldn't catch it :( Not that I can complain too much, it got better afterwards.

Second Raid - between the parks
Sometime later there weren't any Raids in the centre proper, but there was one in an Gym right next to the tram line that connects the centre with the seaside park. I've put defenders several times before in this Gym while passing and even figured that after one Raid there I'd get a Silver Badge, and it counts as a mini-ark so there are EX chances. Because of that, people gathered easily once again, so went there and did it; Ho-oh 2174. I actually didn't remember if it was the single highest I've got but I knew it was in the 2170s (it's actually 2178). In either case I considered it worth of Golden Razz over Pinap in case it had better Attack IV, ended up catching it without much trouble. Ended up catching it, got Silver Gym Badge too.

Third Raid - seaside park
By this point we were too close to the seaside park, so we felt like giving it a visit (I haven't been there for weeks). But my Bag was also getting too full and I couldn't really dispose of any items so I bought another Bag storage to hit 500. Soon after getting in, a Dratini spawned. Caught with Pinap, bad IV. Sometime later another Ho-oh spawned, in another Gym that's very likely to get an EX Pass in which I got Silver, and lots of people were willing to do it... so I felt like buying yet another Premium Pass (my Coins are getting eaten up a bit too much, I'm only at 225 now and need 300 reserved for Pokemon storage). Did that too, Ho-oh 2176, felt like doing Golden Razz again just in case it's 15 IV, caught for a 5/10. I also caught a tiny Rattata and got Youngster Silver. The rest of the session was just catching a few stuff but nothing else remarkable.

Did 3 Ho-oh raids yesterday. First 2 were only around 2150's to 2160's so tried to Pinap but missed both. 3rd one was 2190's so Golden Razz Berried it and caught. Only 86% tho. Started day 8 of 9 and finished 9 of 12.

Raid: Ho-oh

Didn't do much yesterday, but I was passing through the city centre at some point and I checked Discord to find out there was a Ho-oh Raid with enough people nearby so I went for it, 2180ish CP but didn't catch with Golden Razz :( 5/11 now

Raid: Charmeleon
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Machamp 2430
+1 Silver Gym Badge

Due to yet another unforeseen circumstance, I was unable to do Ho-oh today too so another Pass had to be wasted on a solo Charmeleon; thankfully it was on a Gym that has EX chances and got Silver Badge in the process. For the record, I used Vaporeon and did catch the Charmeleon with Razz (felt like saving Pinap/Golden Razz for Gen III).

At least I got one other lucky moment soon after, a 999 CP Machop spawned and I went full-crazy mode, never saw any that high. I even thought it might be an 100% because I've never heard anybody saying they encountered a Machop with 1000 CP or more. I caught it but figured out it was not 100% to my surprise; it's 87% though and still awesome. Evolved straight away, got lucky with the moveset too so no TMs wasted; it's Machamp 2430 now, my #2 (my #1 was powered up to Level 30.5)

Back
Top Bottom