• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Level: 36 -> 37
Bag space: 550 -> 600
Storage space: 500 -> 550
+4 Silver Gym Badges
New Medals: Battle Legend (silver), Hoenn (silver)
New species (caught): Delibird, Hariyama, Sealeo, Walrein, Combusken, Blaziken, Beautifly, Cascoon, Dustox, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Mawile, Manectric, Swalot, Roselia, Wailmer, Barboach, Corphish, Snorunt, Glalie, Spheal
New species (seen): Swampert, Vigoroth, Zangoose, Absol, Luvdisc
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Rhydon 2884/2859/2817/2711, +Groudon 2871/2300/2271/2254, +Golem 2577/2566, +Machamp 2574/2528/2527/2487/2447, +Alakazam 2446, +Houndoom 2161/2093/2016, +Hariyama 2278, +Granbull 2237/2173, +Walrein 2208, +Blaziken 2168, +Steelix 2143, +Nidoqueen 2093, +Cloyster 2089, +Jynx 2038, +Nidoking 2022, +Poliwrath 2016, +Rapidash 2004
New 100% IV Pokemon: +Roselia 1522, +Sneasel 1067
Raids: 10 Groudon (4 caught, now 5/12), Mawile (caught), Sableye, Wartortle, Sandslash, Marowak, Charmeleon

Alright, it's been a long while since I've made a post here. Sorry for the long delay but in the beginning it was just a bit daunting to gather up all the info, and then I got very busy all over the holidays while it'd only keep growing larger. Just got the time to get it all written down, this covers an entire Holiday Event (even though it's one I haven't played too much in).

Won't go into detail over what sessions at which time etc. because to be honest I've forgotten some details here and there after all these days. But:

>Level 36 to 37 happened one night after one of my only two big city centre sessions within the holidays, with help from a Lucky Egg to finish it off, because I wanted to barely hit the new level within the New Year and maximize Raikou's DPS through two more powerups.
>Got Bag space upgrade after I got a bit too many items after all the Raids with little action to spend them on
>Got Storage space as I didn't have the time to properly transfer for a while
>One Silver Gym Badge was from a Gym on top of my aunt's house, in which I spent lots of time for Christmas. Did the Sableye, Wartortle and Charmeleon Raids there, put several defenders... it was Bronze before it all started, it's now one of my best Silvers. Another Silver is from the Gym where I did the Sandslash, another's from a Groudon, not sure what the fourth is...
>Got Battle Legend silver after some Groudon Raids, got Hoenn silver after some more registers thanks to the event releasing more Hoenn Pokemon
>Delibird was an easy catch from my house's spawn point. Hariyama (2278) is from a Makuhita I found in a city centre session under Cloudy weather, also found a good Spheal at home's spawn point under rainy weather, got enough Candy in time to evolve it all the way to Walrein (2208), one of my three new usable Ice attackers (alongside Jynx and Cloyster, which I'll elaborate on later). Blaziken (2178) I got enough Candy for from the city centre as Torchic is very common despite the weather, got my best one under Sunny weather which I evolved. Beautifly, Cascoon and Dustox were all done thanks to Wurmple Buddy Candy as well as some catches in a mall packed with spawns under rainy weather. Shiftry was done off Seedot thanks to the Sunny weather, unfortunately what I thought was my best evolution candidate only reached 1800ish CP. Mawile is from the one Raid of it I managed to do, just to get done with it. Manectric thanks to some Electrike from rain, Swalot thanks to some Gulpin from Cloudy, Roselia I got enough of to not only grab a lucky 100% Level 32 at 1522 CP but also more than 100 Candy thanks to Sunny/Cloudy, so I'm ready for my first (best) Roserade already. Wailmer's a lucky hatch. Barboach I got one of at Sunny weather in the city centre, now a Buddy that has about 35/50 Candy. One lucky Corphish just because. Lots of Snorunt during the event, got Glalie and 50 Candy and a female saved for Froslass.
>All my seen entries are from Gyms, except maybe Vigoroth who might've been Pokemon Go Plus as I don't remember it; in that case it fled, meh
>The Rhydon and Golem were caught as nice Rhyhorn/Geodude under Sunny/Partly Cloudy and evolved, Groudon caught in the Raids, got a 89% Level 20 but my pride and joy is the 87% Level 25, the 2871 one, best candidate for powerup at the moment. Machamp were caught as nice Machop under Cloudy and evolved then TM'd so I can have a better Fighting Top 6 than before. Alakazam was a bit too lucky despite its mediocre IV considering it's a 900+ CP GO Plus'd Abra during Windy weather which only appeared like two hours in 15 days. Houndoom are mostly caught in Clear weather, some evolved some not. Granbull under Cloudy weather, high CP one kept for collection and lower CP one as it's my best Play Rough Pokemon. Steelix was from a lucky high level Onix under weather, don't remember exactly when. Nidoqueen and Nidoking were both lucky Cloudy spawns too. Cloyster caught as Shellder during event and evolved. Jynx caught at level 29 during event and powered up to 30. Both have Ice moveset making them my new usable Ice trio alongside Walrein, glad I got those as I was severely lacking in the Ice department and didn't feel like spending Stardust on Lapras. Poliwrath was also a lucky catch (rare I know), Rapidash from a high level Ponyta in Sunny weather.

I didn't play as much as I would like during the event but I still got enough time to get done with Walrein and Glalie and save up for Froslass. Only thing I really missed which I can't get back is the Santa Hat Pichu, tough luck; although I could've made much more use of 6 hour Lures for Stardust. Alas, can't have everything. I also wish I'd done more Groudon but I still have time and am hoping on some more good Sunny ones. To be fair, I was afraid it'd get worse during my inactive days but thankfully it still worked out in the end.

Glad to be back, and most likely about to post much more soon :)

New species (caught): Feebas/Carvanha/Zangoose/Whiscash
New species (seen): Crawdaunt, Milotic
Raids: 2 Groudon, 1 caught, now up to 6/14
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 3002
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Rhydon 2888, +Omastar 2253, +Jolteon 2200/2159, +Groudon 2283, +Slowbro 2000

Started off with 2 Groudon Raids in the city centre, caught one (2283) and left for my first seaside park session in a while.

Thankfuly it's an Eevee nest, and it is almost always Partly Cloudy these days :D Got 9 high CP/IV Eevee worth evolving, kept the first 7 to debate whether I should go for Espeon or not and evolved the last two straight away, a bit unlucky there, two Jolteon with not-so-good movesets. Also got some good Rhyhorn and Omanyte which I evolved. Finally I did some minor powerups to hit the milestone of my first 3000+ Rhydon and my first 2000+ Slowbro.

It was a pretty good session, got my first Feebas, some Carvanha (halfway to Sharpedo already), a high CP Zangoose, got done with Whiscash (so my Buddy is now Wailmer). Speaking of which, I got 100 Candy of it already, they spawn like crazy! Made some progress on my 4th Gyarados as well, got 3 Larvitar (Partly Cloudy did its job :D) and a Slakoth too.

Walked about 7k around a lake not too far away. Among other things, caught a couple Corphish(1st wild ones seen and now have enuf candy to evolve but no real good ones), couple Carvanha(3 candy from evolution but again no good one), 4 Wailmer(up to 150 candy but used some rares to make bag space), and a ton of Barboach(started with around 9 candy and ended with around 100).

Best gets of day: hatched a 97% Aerodactyl and caught a 91% level 28 Whishcash.

New species (caught): Sharpedo, Lombre, Lotad, Luvdisc
New species (seen): Wailord
New type bonus medals: Dragon (silver)
Raids: 2 Groudon, caught both with Golden Razz, up to 8/16
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Vaporeon 2785/2675/2517, +Machamp 2535, +Flareon 2436/2403/2379/2368/2360/2290, +Omastar 2356, +Jolteon 2392/2320/2241/2171, +Groudon 2306/2284, +Vileplume 2037, +Clefable 2003
+2 Silver Gym Badges

Tuesday - seaside park (only)
Scheduled with a friend to visit the seaside park since we had lots of free time and we don't get many other chances to get to such a good spot. Weather was still Partly Cloudy, which was perfect for the Eevee nest. Got lots of Eevee of which some I saved up as Espeon candidates, the rest became all the Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon you see above; this was a major addition to my arsenal on all these three types, with the Vaporeon seeing some immediate use in Groudon and Jolteon hoping to have some relevance in the probably upcoming Kyogre.

Especially because of how Flareon now totally outdamage any other Fire attacker I have (even Entei, although it can get powered up more), I ended up doing lots of transfers mostly on Arcanine, but also a bit on Houndoom too.

Thanks to Partly Cloudy I also got a high CP/IV Omanyte which I evolved into Omastar 2356 with Water moveset; great for Fire Blast Groudon, actually has more DPS than Vaporeon so it has its immediate use.

A bit later it turned to Rain for an hour, which let me get Lombre (actually caught one before Lotad), Lotad (and 51 Candy of it, out of only 100 I need for Ludicolo now). Also enough Carvanha for Sharpedo and Luvdisc.

Wednseday - city centre Groudon Raids and a bit more seaside park (Cloudy)
This time I scheduled with same aforementioned friend to do 2 Groudon Raids to catch up on not doing any the day before. That indeed happened quite easily, and I was lucky enough to catch them both; one (2306) is 89% IV with 15 Attack, best one I'd have were it not for the Level 25. The other is alright as well, and I've decided on one of my eventual transfers out of the 8 I have (the battle for 6th-7th slot is still a bit tense though). Also saw a random Wailord at a Gym, it looks funny :)

With some time left, I went to the seaside park again in hopes of making more progress on Wailmer, maybe Lotad in case it would Rain, or at least Ralts... but nah, nothing too good. I did get what I needed to evolve Vileplume and Clefable though, both with bad movesets and no plans on changing it (I was hoping for a non-Exeggutor Grass attacker, but nah... I can still go for Victreebel/Venusaur/Sceptile at least).

Also got a nice Machop which I evolved into Machamp 2535, my #2 in the big line of now 13 individuals (keeping them all because of potential rejoin needs or some Gym battle scenarios where you just need to keep running over Blissey quickly when it's fed Golden Razz Berries, no time to revive etc.)

Also enough Dratini to get the Silver medal for Dragon! Yay, it's going to be a bit easier to keep catching them now, and I'll have somewhat better of a bonus VS Rayquaza if it comes anytime soon.

Thanks to putting in some defenders in the Gyms around here, I also got two of them to Silver finally!

New Species: Breloom, Vigoroth

Found both in the wild. Also got a 95% Makuhita from an incense and hatched a Togepi(where are the new babies :mad: ) that I transferred.

Also anyone know how often the weather changes? Thought it was every half hour but tonite went from fog to rain to fog to rain in about 10-15 minutes

Raids: 2 Groudon, 1 caught, up to 9/18
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Golem 2644, Groudon 2275

Haven't done much these two days, but I did do two Raids and caught a high CP/IV Geodude under Partly Cloudy weather, which I ended up evolving; it is my best Golem CP-wise, but having Rock Blast instead of Stone Edge makes it a letdown :(

I did hatch a Chansey which let me power up Blissey a bit though :) Also powered up an Exeggutor and used some TMs on Jolteon caught earlier in the week to be prepared for Kyogre tomorrow.

Not sure how many Groudon I may or may not still do, so not yet powering up my Level 25 one (but after those are over I plan to hit 31.5, Mud Shot breakpoint on Kyogre). I'm afraid we're not getting any more Sunny/Clear weather, was hoping for a few more Level 25s. Alas, I can save the 5 Premium Raid Passes and buy 6 more later, pretty sure I will find 11 boosted Kyogre with how much it's been raining lately :D

Had another great time at a local spot. Played for about four hours, here's a list of some of the highlights

1 Bulbasaur
2 Squirtle
1 Charmander
2 Pikachu
5 Doduo
12 Geodude :)
6 Poliwag
11 Rhyhorn :)
6 Magikarp
4 Exeggcute
2 Onix
7 Growlithe
15 Magnemite :) - Only 20 to go until I get gold!
2 Omanyte
1 Kabuto

5 Chikorita
4 Cyndaquil
1 Totodile
4 Houndour
3 Larvitar :D

5 Treecko
2 Mudkip
2 Carvhana
4 Wailmer :)
1 Feebas :)

Good haul I would say! Also within 100k of reaching level 34.

0 for 2 on Kyogre so far. Cant wait to get one if he is anything like Groudon. Wanted to use my raid pass and only thing around was a Magnemite. Was a fraction of health left from soloing it with my level 30 97% Groudon. Groudons moves were powered up from the clear weather but dang is his fast attack fast.

Nothing else new to report besides a few more crummy egg hatchings I will mention in that thread.

New species (caught): Wailord, Kyogre
New species (seen only): Relicanth
Raids: 3 Kyogre, now 1/3
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Groudon 3531 :D
New 2000+CP Pokemon: +Snorlax 2882, +Gyarados 2781, +Golem 2541, +Charizard 2334, +Omastar 2274, +Kyogre 2294, +Cloyster 2036, +Crobat 2034

Saturday
I didn't have much time early on and didn't manage to do any Kyogre Raids (as I was trying to only do them under Rain, which would keep coming and going every hour -_-). In the afternoon however I got to the seaside park with a friend and sticked around there for a while, got enough Candy for my first Wailord :)D) and put it in a Gym on the way home so that everyone can admire its HUUUUGE size heh

Sunday
I had much more free time and decided to go for 2 Kyogre Raids regardless of weather, so I did them. They were quite easy to beat... not that easy to catch :( But I did manage to get the first one with a critical catch at the third throw. Kyogre 2294, 87% 15 Attack IV, not bad for a start :D Later on I managed to do one under Rain as well, using up a Premium Raid Pass, which is how I ended up doing three; unfortuantely couldn't catch the boosted one.

Then I got to the seaside park once more, again with the aforementioned friend, and this time I got enough Magikarp Candy to evolve/powerup my 91% one to Gyarados 2781 (Bite/Crunch unfortuantely and I might not change it), enough Omanyte Candy (thanks to Partly Cloudy) to evolve a high CP one into Omastar 2274, a high CP Shellder which I evolved off Candy gathered during the Ice event into Cloyster 2036 (full Ice moveset, glad I'm starting to get more decent Pokemon in the Ice side) and a high CP/IV Geodude which became Golem 2541. The one hour it was Cloudy I got a high CP Golbat and enough Candy to evolve it into Crobat 2034.

Highlight of the day (other than the first Kyogre), just a bit before we left the park, Partly Cloudy gave us its gift once again. Snorlax 2882 :D :D :D Caught as is, "for free".

And on the way back I hatched a Charmander from a 5km Egg, giving me enough Candy for Charizard 2334.

Monday
Today there's a strike of mass transit employees so basically I'm stuck at home. Only did the very least like daily catch/PokeStop spin, making sure I get my 50 Coins by taking hold of my good old Gold Gym for the entire night (with my brand new Snorlax, no less) and just now, powering up Groudon since it's over and I'm not getting any better ones; it was 87% 14 Attack IV Level 25, now it's Level 31.5 (breakpoint for Mud Shot on Kyogre, to be used VS Thunder). Ta-da, Groudon 3531, my new #1!

Did 2 Kyogre raids today. Missed the first one so was 0 for 3. Never started a legendary worse then that. 4th one got 11 balls and crit caught it on last ball. Only CP 2268 but finally got the first one out of the way.

And I forgot yesterday I also got the silver medal for tiny Ratatta. Probably never getting gold.

Last edited:
New Medal: Jogger (Gold)
New species (seen): Sceptile
Raids: 2 Kyogre, neither caught, now at 1/5
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Victreebel 2067
New 100% IV Pokemon: Magikarp 204 (that's a Level 35 :D), Hitmonchan 473

Finally got the Jogger Gold medal after that many km of walking, most of them were done thanks to Pokemon GO Plus, I was doing very badly with my progression towards that medal before I got it.
Saw a Sceptile in a Gym at some point.
Did 2 Kyogre yesterday but unfortunately caught neither, these are very very hard to catch :(
Evolved one high Level 98% IV Weepinbell into Victreebel 2067, unfortunately its moveset isn't usable and I'm not sure if it's worth TMing.

And the great highlights; the 2 100% ones I got by chance; Magikarp was Level 35 under Rain weather and it spawned right next to my home. Hitmonchan was at the seaside park.
I now have plans of gathering 400+ Magikarp Candy all over again to evolve it and max it out, I want my perfect Gyarados :D :D :D

Raid: Kyogre, caught, now 2/6
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Alakazam 2406, +Kyogre 2236, +Slowking 2112
New 100% IV Pokemon: Xatu 1185

It was Windy today so as soon as I was done with university I rushed to the seaside park (a.k.a. Dratini Land). Unfortunately I didn't get that many Dratini, or a Level 35 as I hoped, but I did get a good Abra which I evolved into Alakazam 2406 and a good Slowpoke which I evolved into Slowking 2112 (I decided against Slowbro as I did already have one 2000+ for my collection). And, as if that wasn't enough, a 100% Natu spawned nearby thanks to the weather, and everyone around caught it; I evolved it immediately into Xatu 1185.

I still had a Raid Pass I had to use today else it would go to waste, so after a while I went back to the city centre, found one of the last few Kyogre Raids for the day, and did it. I got a Kyogre 2236 out of it, and I caught it relatively easily despite the average Kyogre being a pain to catch :(
But, in case someone didn't know, 2236 is the least CP Kyogre can get. Yes, this is the bare minimum, the 66.7%, the 10/10/10 IV. Which is exactly as rare as a 100%, but the worst you can get... Still glad I did catch one anyway though, let alone this one which is very rare, a nice collectible.

Horrible Kyogre luck continues. Now 2 of 9 including missing a 2318 95% :cry: Just cant hit him consistently with the Pokeballs. High is now 2273 82%.

Did do an evolution spree to add some mon to the dex. Got Wailord, Sharpedo, Kirilia, Combusken, Beautifly, and Manectric. Maybe more but Beautifly, Sharpedo, and Manectric will be replaced eventually.

Species (caught): 299 -> 300 (hit this milestone too yay!)
New species (caught hatched): Azurill
Raids: 5 Kyogre, 3 caught, now 5/11. To be more detailed, 3 non-boosted and 2 boosted (Rain), 2/3 and 1/2 catches respectively.
New 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Rhydon 2888/2860, +Kyogre 2850/2285/2272, +Machamp 2765 (also 100% IV), +Typhlosion 2326
New 100% IV Pokemon: Machamp 2765 :D
+1 Silver Gym Badge

Friday
Did 2 Kyogre Raids as I was busy in Thursday and didn't have time for any. Both caught, got lucky with those... Kyogre 2285 and 2272, unfortunately no good IVs compared to what I already have but I still am glad to have them and their Candies. I also did play a bit in the seaside park which is a Cyndaquil nest, so I finally got enough Candy to evolve a weather boosted one into Typhlosion 2326, this is getting checked out of my 2000+ collection list too now. Finally I made some item grinding preparations for the Community Day.

Saturday - Operation Community Day, Episode January

Prologue

Woke up extremely early (barely got any sleep to be honest), because 1) I was hyped and 2) I wanted to type up some good morning announcements and do some planning for the local Discord server I am an admin in. After all this got sorted, and as it was getting closer to event time, I headed off for the city centre and the designated park meeting spot, with its 4 Lured PokeStops.

I got there about an hour earlier (11am) and so did several other people; I noticed the Rank 5 Raid Egg spawning nearby, announced it to "@here" in Discord, so we would all know which is the first Raid we'd be tackling under double XP. We also just spent this first hour chatting and making sure we have all the supplies needed (food and water etc. because we planned to not waste any time during the 3 hours). My offline friends started coming one by one, I was also keeping track of whether the people who said they'll attend in Discord would come or not; we were set before event end though, everyone got there.

Part I: BREAKING NEWS! Multitasking Trainer Catches Pikachu Surfing Into Waves Summoned By Annoying Uncatchable Kyogre In A Park While Frying Lucky Egg For 30 Minutes, Mass-Evolution Style
Event proper finally begins; 3 hour Lures get put up, weather is Cloudy. A Pikachu spawns almost immediately, I catch it so I can have one Surf Pikachu reserved for sure. LUCKY EGG: ON, start evolving my 12 Candy reserves a.s.a.p. while the Raid Egg hatches into Kyogre about 5 minutes after. We start heading there, as I make sure to keep up the mass evolutions on the way.

When we are ready to join the private group, I let them be for a bit and focus on the Raid; we do it quickly, I spend little time on the Bonus Challenge (still made sure to make somewhat good throws whenever Kyogre would be in the middle or center, but not wasting full time on waiting for attacks/circle tricks etc. like other times). I still connect more than half of the throws (thank you update for bringing it closer!) but didn't catch it. No big deal.

Immediately leave the Raid screen and keep going with the mass evolutions until the Lucky Egg's half-hour is over. And when it does, I notice I've got about 160.000 XP (60 evolutions and 20 evolutions worth of XP off the Raid for a max of 80, still better than my record 77! Thank you Raid close by!). Also got Rhydon 2888 and 2860 here, one got Mud Slap/Earthquake moveset too yay. Make sure to transfer all the excess evolved reserves immediately afterwards.

Part II: Multitasking Trainer Strikes Again With New Challenge! Catch 75 Ready-To-Evolve Pokemon In Just 2 Hours While Shiny Checking All Pikachu, Plus Chance Meeting With Perfect Machop Girl
And here comes the grindy part; INCENSE x4: ON. I had to replenish my stash of reserved evolutions for one more Lucky Egg pop before event end. Of course I had lots of Candy saved beforehand so all I needed to do is just catch the bases themselves, that was easier said than done because Cloudy weather loved spawning Machop (not wasting Candy there) and Pikachu were extremely common. Thankfully we also had a fair share of Snubbull, Ekans, Mankey and both Nidoran to compensate, which is how I ended up achieving the goal.

Meanwhile I was also checking all Pikachu spawns for Shiny and got none, also ended up not catching most of them to preserve Poke Balls and time, so there go the plans of working on the Pikachu medal, but no big deal. The really cool part came a bit later, though, just before I'd be over with the grinding, a 100% Machop spawned! Grabbed it immediately with Ultra Ball + Golden Razz Berry, this one had to get maxxed out! It's a female, something most people overlooked, so I gently pointed that out to them; hence Machop Girl in the title (she's evolved and powered up the utmost of my Candy stash now though). In any case, this was a pretty sweet gift and compensation for not getting Shiny Pikachu, even though others nearby did get this and several Shiny Pikachu... yeah we had cases of multiples, with the record one being 6!

Part III: Trainer Gets Hungry After Much Multitasking And Eats Up Second Lucky Egg For The Finish
As it got 2:29pm, SECOND LUCKY EGG: ON. Evolved the entire second bunch of Pokemon for 155ish thousand more XP in 30 minutes, and event was over.

TL;DR: More than 300.000 XP, No Shiny Surf Pikachu, 100% Machop

TMd and powered up Machamp immediately after, it's now Machamp 2765, my highest one yet. I still have some way to go but plan to use Pinap Berries on any Machop I see, as I have lots of spare anyway.

Sunday
I didn't have much time or plans for playing today, but we did get Rain weather for 2 hours, so I managed to fit 2 Kyogre Raids in the city centre during this time (I did use a Premium Raid Pass for the second). Caught the first, Kyogre 2850, glad to have at least one Level 25 because it will save me Rare Candy (and Stardust but that's not my main concern at the moment) when I decide to power one up, but even at its current CP, it's very useful and better than all of my Vaporeon and several of my Gyarados. It had Blizzard as a charge move though, so I did use a Charged TM on it and got Thunder... I still plan to get Hydro Pump, but for now this will do, as Waterfall/Thunder is a viable Kyogre counter in Rain. Also got a Silver Gym Badge on one of the Gyms I Raided in today, at last. And hatched an Azurill for a new species register :)

Back
Top Bottom