• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Will be leaving San Diego in the morning, but overall I've had a lot of luck with catching stuff. :) On top of the event, I've added Mawile, Sharpedo, Lileep, Trapinch/Vibrava, Camerupt, Blaziken, Claydol, Luvdisc, and I have 1 candy away from Cacturne. Also caught 3 Feebas and plenty of Wailmer!

New species: +Volbeat, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Altaria, Wingull, Pelipper, Surskit
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Aggron 2672, 2380/Hariyama 2388/Blaziken 2302/Mewtwo 2210/Walrein 2129/Rayquaza 2049/Lunatone 2004
New 100% IV Pokemon: Swellow 649
+1 Silver Gym Badge
Raids: 3 Rayquaza, 1 caught, now 1/3
EX Raid: Mewtwo! :D

Saturday
City centre

I was a bit busy in the morning, but later when I had time I went downtown where I met some friends and we hanged out by the 6 hour Lures. It was then where I figured out that Swablu is super common but only in daytime. Also got a lucky Hariyama 2388 catch with Counter/Close Combat during that early bit of Cloudy, that was pretty nice.

At some point there was a lucky Volbeat spawn nearby so I just went there and caught it.

I also had a daily Raid Pass I had to use, so when a Rayquaza appeared nearby I got enough people and went there to do it; it fell pretty easily, 2049 CP, I got 12 Premier Balls. It took me down to that last one 12th to catch it despite having a perfect throw record (it's really easy compared to Kyogre). Still, thankfully I did manage to catch it; Rayquaza 2049.

The rest was just farming. I got enough Candy to evolve a 93% 14/14/14 Lairon into Aggron 2380 (for hopeful use in Rayquaza Raids, but moveset was bad and I don't feel like spending TMs on it yet), Blaziken 2302 and Walrein 2129 (also for use VS Rayquaza).

Sunday
City centre
A fateful day, an EXceptional day

Today was my scheduled EX Raid. Arrived in the Gym about an hour earlier and hanged out with everyone else who did the same, eventually everyone came by, Mewtwo spawned and the Team Valor group entered it. We had 8 people, I had to use 5 of my Tyranitar before it was down. The charge move was Hyper Beam, which I would always let Tyranitar tank at full force so it can Crunch back more. Despite that, however, I only got +2 Premier Balls for personal damage instead of +3. That and +3 Team Contribution led to 11 Premier Balls. Not that it would actually matter. Mewtwo 2210 spawned, and that's when I started getting stressed out. It took me a few moments to calm down so I could throw a Curve Great, and I missed two throws, but the second successful one (4th total) was enough to catch it!

I. FINALLY. HAD. MEWTWO.

... It took me a good few seconds to realize this. The adrenaline rush was still too intense, I couldn't really calm down or feel relief at that point. Only logically think about how great that was. Took a few deep breaths and some time away from the other raiders before coming back to check out how they were doing with their catches, share congratulations etc.
I did get myself together enough to calculate that its IV is 76% and its Attack is 13, however. Then I did use 60 Rare Candies on it (so I would go up to 63; the point being that if I can also catch the other one I got an invite for next Sunday and its IV is better, I can power that up immediately to Level 30 at that point, as it will take exactly 66 Candy).

I then took advantage of the empty space I got to buy a Special Box for 780 Coins; it's exactly the kind of offer I was hoping for. Midrange amount of Coins for at least 6 Star Pieces (to be used in the Community Day; I'll just keep the 2 spare for the next Stardust event), some Premium Raid Passes, Egg Incubators (I'd need one more soon as I did get a bit too many 10km all together after a long while) and the Lucky Eggs most certainly don't hurt too, I'll keep them for the next XP event or that final mass evolution stint I'll need for 38.

Eventually as everyone got done with their catches, we did discuss what we'd do next, there were several Rank 5 Eggs around and most were interested in the new thing of course, Rayquaza. We decided to make it to the central square nearby and wait for the Eggs to hatch, hoping some would not be Kyogre.

Rayquaza Raids
2 of them ended up being Rayquaza indeed, and we hit them both in quick succession. but in the middle there was a lucky 100% Taillow (which I eventually evolved into Swellow 649)! They were quite easy to beat, one was a bit more than 2070 CP which should've been really good, but unfortunately even though I did perfect Curve Great throws all the time (it's that easy really!) it just wouldn't stick around. Same for the other one, so I'm 1/3 now :( Oh, and I got a Silver Gym Badge on one of the two Gyms, that's neat I guess.

Lured PokeStops
After getting done with all the Raids, we hit the Lures. I got a good Aron thanks to Partly Cloudy and enough Candy to evolve it into Aggron 2672, unfortunately its moveset isn't good either; out of 4 only 1 works out. Also got enough Swablu Candy for Altaria finally, so I switched Buddy to Slakoth.

Seaside park
I was planning to do this at some point during the event's first 4 days so I could get done with Milotic and Pelipper (and hopefully Masquerain). With some persuasion from friends I figured like, why not tonight instead of tomorrow? So we took a ride all the way down there, got done with Wingull and Pelipper almost immediately (Wingull spawn like crazy down there!), also finally got the 96 Feebas Candy, so after the Slakoth Buddy did its 5km cycle I switched to it. Also got only 2 Surskit with Pinap, but Masquerain's going to come eventually; perhaps with a bit of help from Buddy, or when a Surskit nest finally appears here. Oh, I also got a lucky Lunatone 2004 here, nice little one for the collection.

One thing is for sure now, I'm most certainly not going down there again until after the Community Day. No major reason to, as I only need Magikarp (to fully power up 100% Gyarados, but that can wait a bit) and Dratini (which the Community Day is based on) from down there. And of course these first days of the event neither of the two does spawn; it's just full of Wailmer, Wingull, Seedot (the nest) and whatever biome-heavy spawn is matching the current weather (think Cacnea for Sunny/Clear, Anorith/Lileep for Partly Cloudy and so on...)

And that was it for today too; tomorrow I might do one Rayquaza Raid and the rest is only going to be city centre farming. Gotta get Stardust and XP up. Speaking of which, I hit a nice milestone today (it was a goal of sorts too). Got past the 2 million XP in the way of Level 37 to 38. For the record, I hit 37 (0 million) a bit before the New Year and 1 million in the first Community Day. At this rate, especially with all the farming thanks to 6 hour Lures, it shouldn't take too long to hit that great 38 (just 500k left). Hope I can pull it off before this event's end and succeeding Community Day.

New Pokemon added: Swellow, Bagon, Trapinch all caught. Also gave me the gold Hoenn badge.

Raids: 2 Rayquaza(caught 1 so now 2 of 5), 1 Kyogre(caught but only 80%), Swablu(was 88%)

New 90%'s: lvl 19 97% Numel evolved to Camerupt, lvl 2 95% Swablu that i still need about 100-125 candy to evolve, 91% Trapinch(still need 122 candy to evolve).

Update: Forgot to mention I also got a sunny Castform yesterday.

Last edited:
New species: Milotic
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: +Kyogre 3584
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Aggron 2679/2356, +Exeggutor 2477, +Flareon 2456, +Hariyama 2449/2380/2265, +Milotic 2444, +Blaziken 2348/2306, +Ursaring 2318, +Omastar 2295, +Ampharos 2218, +Walrein 2133/2098, +Rayquaza 2047/2026/2026/2024
Shiny Pokemon: Altaria 797
100% IV Pokemon: Vibrava 426, Luvdisc 143
+50 Pokemon Storage Space
Raids: 4 Rayquaza, all caught, up to 5/7

Monday
City centre

On the way to our popular farming spot, my 10km Egg hatched into 87% Beldum and gave me some good Candy.
Upon getting there and hanging by the Lured PokeStops, while the weather is Sunny, I caught a high CP Torchic which I eventually evolved into Blaziken 2348.
Soon after a Rayquaza Raid appears, we do it. I catch it, Rayquaza 2026.
Then I caught another high CP Torchic, which I eventually evolved into Blaziken 2306.
Eventually a 100% IV Trapinch appears nearby, someone tells us over Discord, we get there and catch it. Evolved it into Vibrava 426.
Then I caught a high CP Spheal which I eventually evolved into Walrein 2098. Unfortunately the moveset was bad, not fitting for Rayquaza and I don't have enough TMs to feel like changing it yet.
Nothing else notable for the day.
My goal of 100.000 XP is easily reached, so I can hit Level 38 soon.

Tuesday
City centre

Weather is Cloudy, high CP Makuhita appears, I eventually evolve it into Hariyama 2380.
And then one of the Swablu around is Shiny! I catch it, and eventually evolve it into Altaria 797. I now have 2 Altaria, one regular and one Shiny. Few people here have 2 Altaria already to begin with :)
A better Makuhita appears, I eventually evolve it too, into Hariyama 2449.
A Rayquaza Raid appears, we do it. I catch it, Rayquaza 2024. Meh, I get all the bad IVs here but missed the 2070+.
My farming has not been going as well as I'd like it to be, and I was falling off the goal of 100.000 XP. Another Rayquaza Raid spawned nearby in an EX-eligible location and all my friends felt like going. So I was peer pressured into using a Premium Raid Pass to do it too, and this way I'd also catch up on the goal with the +10.000 XP. So I did that Rayquaza too, and caught it, Rayquaza 2047. Kinda better, 87%, but I still have a better candidate.
Later on the weather becomes Partly Cloudy. I find a high CP Aron and catch it, which I eventually evolved into Aggron 2679.
My goal of 100.000 XP is reached thanks to the extra Raid.

Wednesday
City centre

Rayquaza Raid appears almost as soon as I reach the farming spot. We do it, I catch it, yay for 4-streak after a kinda bad 1/3 ratio, but now I'm 5/7 which is really good. Anyway, Rayquaza 2026, bad IV again but I still need at least 6 and the Candy :)
Weather is Partly Cloudy, I catch a high CP Teddiursa which I eventually evolve into Ursaring 2318. This is better than my previous one, replacing it in the collection.
Later on it changes to Clear, and a Flareon 2456 spawned right next to us! Took me a few good attempts with Golden Razz Berries, but I got it. It's also perfect moveset, totally ready :)
Towards the end a 100% Luvdisc spawns nearby, we go and catch it. Luvdisc 143!
I get the 20km on Feebas walked on, so I evolve it into Milotic 2444. Then change Buddy to Surskit, as it is 1km.
Hatched a Mareep from a 10km Egg, gave me enough Candy to evolve a better one I was keeping into Ampharos 2218.
My goal of 100.000 XP is easily reached.

Tonight, with Kyogre gone from Raids, I powered up my highest IV one all the way to Level 32, so there you have Kyogre 3584, my new #1.
The rest of the evolutions just "eventually" happened at some point.

Eventually = when I get back at home each day, I checked how many Candy I've got from each species and what good candidates I have and evolve accordingly. This can apply to both candidates obtained during the day or others saved from earlier.

Oh, and the +50 Storage Space I bought thanks to the 200 Coins I eventually got after buying the Great Box, so I can save up some evolutions for the last few Lucky Eggs needed to hit 38, which I'll probably do tomorrow or Friday (that's what the whole 100.000 XP goals are for). I also plan to get Bag space later, but for now getting rid of 50 Golden Razz Berries on Luvdisc and a few Rare Candies/TMs on Kyogre should suffice.

I really thought this post would be longer but in practice, even though I play for lots of hours to get the farming done, there's little to post about it afterwards.

Level: 37 -> 38
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Mewtwo 2233, Rayquaza 2042/2032/2019
New 100% IV Pokemon: Chansey 375
+50 Bag Space

Raids: 6 Rayquaza, 3 caught, now 8/13. And a Magikarp lol, caught it.
EX Raid: Mewtwo, caught, now 1/2 :D

OK this is a kinda big update, but I was busy most of the weekend so I really had no time for this:

Thursday
City centre

Went downtown to start off with the daily Rayquaza Raid, but a 100% IV Chansey spawned nearby and everyone from Discord made it there. So I got Chansey 375. Valentine event paid off I guess :) But the level is too low, it would take way too much Candy to ever make good use out of this. So it's a very long term project, still glad I had it in reserve now though.

Next up, a Rayquaza Raid showed up (1). I wanted to hit Level 38 within the day as I would be unable to play Friday/Saturday and had an EX Raid for Sunday, so I popped a Lucky Egg, did the Raid, tried to catch it but failed (gotta admit I did not spend as much time as usual in throws since I had the mass evolutions waiting). Did about a half hour of evolutions, got around 80.000 XP.

Later on I did some farming by the Lured PokeStops, nothing notable here.

2 more Rank 5 Eggs spawned nearby though, all my friends did not feel like missing the chance, and considering I wanted to hit Level 38 in time as well, I decided to go for them even though it cost me two Premium Raid Passes. Popped a Lucky Egg, did them both (2) (3), evolutions for the rest of the time, about 80.000 more XP. And I was lucky with these two, caught them both quickly. Rayquaza 2032/2019. Not-so-good IVs but I don't mind.

Only had to farm a little more to reach Level 38 within the day. Also got enough Coins from Gyms to buy a +50 Bag Space in preparation of the Community Day (stocking on items for it).

Friday
Didn't have time but I had to waste a Raid Pass so when a Magikarp spawned at a convenient time in an EX eligible Gym nearby I went ahead and did it. So just the daily stuff.

Saturday
Just the daily stuff, made sure to grab my Raid Pass.

Sunday
City centre

Made it to the EX Raid spot, all the people were there from earlier, we did it immediately. I wasn't nearly as stressed this time, Mewtwo 2233, caught it easily and it's got Shadow Ball too :) Now debating on whether I should power it up immediately or wait to see what the next wave will bring (I've done like 10 Raids last week, several in EX eligible locations, so you never know).

Then waited around for 2 Rayquaza to spawn and did them. Caught the first, Rayquaza 2042. Missed the second (4) (5).

Monday
Just the daily stuff, made sure to grab my Raid Pass.

Tuesday
City centre

Barely made it in time for a single Rayquaza Raid so I'd not waste my Pass, did it but didn't catch :( (6).

I can finally start playing full time again as of tomorrow. Should be doing 2 Rayquaza Raids with my daily Raid Passes and lots of farming (with Stardust oriented goals now, not XP) and preparation by stocking for Community Day.

New species: Masquerain
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Dragonite 3581(100%)/3013(Shiny), Mewtwo 3406
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Aggron 2585, Flareon 2551, Pinsir 2229, Granbull 2183/2178/2129/2002, Walrein 2137, Rayquaza 2063/2056/2038/2026, Politoed 2030, Blaziken 2023
New 100% IV Pokemon: Dragonite 3581, Sealeo 1446, Houndoom 493, Lotad 240, Cascoon 177
New Shiny Pokemon: Dragonite 3013/46, Dragoniar 1169, Dratini 361
+3 Silver Gym Badges
Dragon Gold Medal
+50 Bag Space
Raids: 5 Rayquaza, 4 caught, up to 12/18. 1 Kyogre, not caught, up to 18/32.

Wednesday, Feb. 21st
A bit before heading out, I powered up Mewtwo to 3406 CP, as I didn't get picked for the latest EX Raid Pass waves. It was my #4 for a while but fell to #5 because of perfect Dnite.
Weather was Cloudy, caught a Granbull 2129 with Play Rough.
Hatched a 10km Egg into Snorlax, used the Candy to power up my best one a bit.
Did a Rayquaza Raid (1), caught it, Rayquaza 2046.
Did another a bit later (2), caught it too, Rayquaza 2038.
On the way back to the farming spot, I got Houndour 493, as explained here:
Caught a Houndour 216 which I evolved into Houndoom 493. Considering I do have 3 solid teams of Mewtwo counters including 6 high-level Houndoom, I don't feel like powering it up, though.
Caught a high CP Snubbull as it was still Cloudy, evolved into Granbull 2002 with Play Rough.
Caught a high CP Torchic, had enough Candy to evolve, got Blaziken 2023 to finish my team of 6. This one is Fire moveset.
Got a high CP Poliwag too, which I evolved into Politoed 2030 so I can add the species to my 2000+ collection.
Nothing else notable for the day. I did grind a lot, however.
Oh, both Raids got me 2 Silver Badges for their Gyms.

Thursday, Feb. 22nd
Did a Rayquaza Raid (3), Rayquaza 2063 appeared, I freaked out a bit upon realizing it should be good IV, thankfully I caught it :) 93% 13/14/15, my best powerup candidate :D
Next up, 100% Sealeo 1446, as explained here:
Level 33 Spheal, this was very close to the point where I did a Rayquaza Raid so we rushed there immediately after getting done with that. Now Sealeo 1446, still gathering Candy to make it a Walrein and then breakpoint it (Level 34.5).
Caught a high CP Aron which I eventually evolved into Aggron 2585.
Flareon 2551 with perfect moveset spawned nearby, I caught it even though it did annoy me a bit. It is my best non-Entei Fire attacker, which is awesome :D

Friday, Feb. 23rd
Bought +50 Bag Space as soon as I got my Collector Bonus and had enough Coins, so I could save up more items for Community Day.
Did a Rayquaza Raid (4), didn't catch.
Weather was Cloudy again, got Granbull 2183 also with Play Rough.
Later on it switched to Rain. Got a lucky Pinsir 2229 spawn, although it has Rock Smash/Close Combat. I can TM it to a Bug moveset if really needed though.

Saturday, Feb. 24th (Community Day)
I'd rather not repeat myself, so this should suffice:
OK so February's Community Day got me:
  • 4 Shiny Dratini (those alone are more than half I ever got so far, my total is 7):
  1. 10 CP Level 1 and evolved into Dragonite 46. Nicknamed "The 46", it's a rare collectible (the only Level 1 Shiny Dragonite in town so far), I put it around Gyms for fun these days.
  2. Dratini 361, kept as is.
  3. High CP but terrible IV one, evolved into Dragonair 1169.
  4. Mid-to-low CP mid-to-high IV one, evolved and powered up into Dragonite 3013, viable for Rayquaza Raids.

• 100% IV Dratini, powered up to the max, now Dragonite 3581. My #2 (surpassing Groudon!) and a top generalist/Rayquaza counter.
  • Dragon Gold Medal, at last. Was trying hard for this one so I can have maximum chances of catching Rayquaza, but it's good for all Dragon-types I may catch.
Unfortunately, Stardust-wise, it didn't go so well as the 100% IV Dratini took away a bit too much of it so instead of gaining in, I got down to 100k :( But most major projects (other than Rayquaza) are finished for now, so I'll slowly and steadily get back up eventually.

Dratini Candy-wise, I started off with 114 and ended up evolving 3 Dragonite and 1 Dragonair, powering up a Dragonite to max and another one a bit, and have 27 Candy left. So that went pretty cool and I'm pretty much done with the Dratini line now. I have 6 high end Dragonite, one with Hurricane for Machamp Raid utility and the rest for a Dragon Top 6 (alongside Rayquaza when I power that up, and not counting the eventual Salamence). I've got enough Shinies to have one of each evolutionary stage (with the Dragonite being usable in battle) and even an extra rare collectible Dragonite.

Overall I'd say this event was GREAT. I had tons of fun with my friends all 3 hours going around the park to grab as many Dratini as possible and running a bit further for the 100%. It was a bit tiring, sure, but most certainly worth it.
Covers Dragonite 3581/3013/46, Dragoniar 1169, Dratini 361, Dragon Gold Medal
Immediately after the event was over we hit a nearby Rayquaza Raid (5). I think that's the most people I've ever seen gathered for a single Raid, it must've been over 100. We got lots of different private groups, even Team Valor alone got two that we arbitrarily split. Poor Ray went down super quickly with all the new Dragonites we threw at it. And it was a pretty good one to catch too, Rayquaza 2056. Managed to catch it and it is a 91% (but 12 Attack IV) Glad my IVs have been getting better recently.
Nothing else notable for the day. I didn't have much time later in the day, else I would've definitely stuck around for more than just the event.

Sunday, Feb. 25th
City centre once again, but now that the Lure events are over, I'm going for a move-around approach instead of a static one.
Got a low level 100 Wurmple which evolved into Cascoon 177
Then did a Kyogre Raid, unfortunately didn't catch. Ratio got a bit worse at 18/32, but now Kyogre is the Raid Boss I'd done the most of ever, breaking the tie with Raikou. Got the Silver Badge for the Gym too.
Also got a Lotad 240.
Also got done with Surskit Buddy, evolved into Masquerain, switched to Slakoth.
Unfortunately weather trolled me pretty hard yesterday. We got lots of Rain around, but not when I did the Kyogre, and all the other times something different from Kyogre would spawn, so my hunt for more weather boosted ones didn't pay off. Alas, today it actually might, I'll head out soon.

Last couple days:

Saturday caught about 80 Dratini, including a 100% that I evolved so it knows Draco Meteor, but unfortunately no shinies. 100% was level 23 but I powered it up to level 35 with a CP of 3325 which made it my 4th highest for 2 days, got bumped on Monday to 5th

Monday did an EX raid and caught a 100% Mewtwo. Ironically was the 13th person that entered, got 11 balls, and caught it on the 7th. Was literally shaking while trying to catch it, screaming YES after I did. Later used 118 rare candy and 130k stardust to power it up so now at level 35 with a CP of 3698, my new #1. Also got my first Chimecho and hatched a 100% Swinub I evolved to Piloswine.

Tuesday caught a 100% Chikorita I evolved to Meganium. Went for a 100% Houndour but it was behind some townhouses and I draw the line at going in peoples yards. With the increase in Pikachu, finally got my Pikachu gold medal. Highest party hat so far is a 97% but also got 2 males and 2 females in the 82-88% range.

Since no one posted recently, this continues:

Wednesday caught a 100% Slakoth and Teddiursa. Evolved both which finally added Slaking to the dex. Later on did 3 legendary raids in 45 minutes and they happened to go Groudon, Kyogre, then Rayquaza. Caught all 3. Groudon was 95%, my 3rd 95% Groudon and 8th over 90%. Other 2 were candy.

Thursday(today) did another Rayquaza. Was 2069 95% but ran away. Felt a little better when I found out the stats were 13/15/15.

Last edited:
New species: Chimecho
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Snorlax 3006
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Groudon 2837/2273, Walrein 2402, Rayquaza 2033
New 100% IV Pokemon: Raichu (Party Hat) 1215, Pikachu (Party Hat) 292, Eevee 247
New Medal: Pikachu Fan Gold
Raids: 2 Rayquaza, 1 caught, up to 13/20. 2 Groudon, 2 caught, up to 11/20. Machamp, caught

Monday, Feb 26th
Went downtown, did a Rayquaza Raid, didn't catch :( Nothing really notable for the day.

Tuesday, Feb 27th
Downtown again, did another Rayquaza Raid, caught Rayquaza 2033.
Weather was Partly Cloudy, a Snorlax 3006 spawned nearby and we rushed to it, got it :) I can now stop powering up my other 2927 CP Snorlax (as I had a goal of 3000+ in mind) and for now only plan on getting that old 2500ish CP Snorlax I've started powering up a long time ago from Level 20 until Level 30, then I plan to not power up anything else of the species unless I get a 100%. Wouldn't object to some really lucky catches though, that's how Snorlax works :)
I then focused on catching any Party Hat Pikachu around for the Stardust, Shiny chances and getting the Pikachu Fan Gold Medal done. At some point I found a 100% IV one, which I eventually evolved into Raichu (Party Hat) 1215.

Wednesday, Feb 28th

One of my 10km Eggs hatched into Chimecho, so I got that registered :)
Eventually got my Pikachu Fan Gold Medal, but wow that was really tiring, running around to get enough of them. I had less than 150 Pikachu caught before the event, which means that in less than 2 days, I caught more Pikachu than I've ever caught before since I started the game. It also got me about 150k much needed Stardust, as I was running very low after 100% Dragonite took a good 200k away from me right after Community Day.
Weather was Sunny/Clear so I was hunting down weather boosted Groudon, unfortunately the entire afternoon only one ever spawned downtown out of 20 Raids, that's some terrible RNG :( But this one I caught on the first throw lol. Groudon 2837 is in, unfortunately IV is bad. Hope for more weather boosted Groudon before they're gone again, but weather's getting worse again...
Finally, I did find another 100% IV Pikachu, Pikachu (Party Hat) 292. Unfortunately no Shiny before the event was over, though.

Thursday, Mar 1st

Got a lucky 100% Eevee 247 downtown. This made me want to attempt a Machamp solo (more later).
Then I did a Groudon Raid in a Gym I'm trying to get some Badge XP on, unfortunately weather was Partly Cloudy all day so no boost. Caught it, Groudon 2273.
Got enough Candy for a 3rd Altaria and a high CP Swablu saved, but I'm not tapping the Evolve button yet. Hope on a 100% at some point with how common they are.
Also got enough Candy for a Slaking, so I switched Buddy to Beldum. Still not evolving my best one though because it's a bit too bad and I'd rather have a 4000+ CP Slaking. I normally prioritize Pokedex registry but this is a somewhat special case (similar to Salamence/Metagross, the only other two left) as it'd take me too long to get that much Candy again, and I don't feel like spending Stardust on this.
I also did evolve the 100% Sealeo into Walrein and powered it up from Level 33 to 34.5, final Rayquaza breakpoint. And thus Walrein 2402 is in.
... And the time for me to solo Machamp has come! I've been considering it for a really long while but never dared doing it in fears I'd fail, or not feeling like using a Raid Pass. However now I had a reason to test things out. The 100% Eevee; I needed to know if I really needed a Level 38.5 (final Machamp breakpoint) 100% Espeon or not. And apparently I didn't, as I can solo Bullet Punch/Heavy Slam easily. Not sure if I could do it in Cloudy/Snow but I feel like that's too unique of a case. Problem is, even though this felt quite satisfying (depiste the waste of a Premium Raid Pass; for the record I did catch the Machamp but IV was bad and Level 20 so meh) I am still unsure of what to do with the 100% Eevee :(

THE MACHAMP SOLO DREAM TEAM (FOR BULLET PUNCH/HEAVY SLAM):

Mewtwo 3406 (Confusion/Shadow Ball)
Espeon 2610 (Zen Headbutt/Future Sight)
Alakazam 2593 (Psycho Cut/Future Sight)
Espeon 2529 (Confusion/Future Sight)
Dragonite 3081 (Dragon Tail/Hurricane)
Ho-oh3428 (Extrasensory/Brave Bird)

No dodging, fell with a little more than 20 seconds on the clock.

Last edited:
Have done a couple more raids recently. Did 2 Kyogre and 2 Rayquaza. 1st Kyogre I caught was 91% but like my other 2 90s, had 13 attack :mad: . By catching it I did go to a 50% catch rate. Then yesterday did Kyogre and Rayquaza back to back but failed to catch both. Ended 20 of 41 on Kyogre. And the Rayquaza was weather boosted. Did catch the Rayquaza I did tonite but was only 2039 CP.

As for catches, besides the 100%s listed in that thread, I got a 93% Chimecho, 95% Solrock, 97% Dodrio, and a 97% Alakazam with perfect attack.

New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Pinsir 2344/2243, Nidoqueen 2171(100%), Rayquaza 2061/2042/2005
New 100% IV Pokemon: Nidoqueen 2171, Altaria 1174, Lairon 572, Lotad 225
+150 Bag Space, +100 Storage Space
Raids: 3 Rayquaza, all caught, up to 16/23

Friday, Mar 2nd
Early on it was Rain and even though I missed out on boosted Kyogre Raids because there weren't enough players around, I managed to catch not one but two high CP Pinsir. Pinsir 2344/2243. Movesets are not great but I could fix them with a few TMs if I bump upon a Focus Blast Mewtwo someday :)
Later a Rayquaza Raid spawned and I tried to do it with 4 people, hoping it was enough, but we kept failing and I wasted a daily Raid Pass -_- This has not happened since the Suicune days, I was quite annoyed, although I'm over it by now.
Weather switched to Cloudy, lucky 100% Level 35 Nidorina spawned nearby, caught and evolved into Nidoqueen 2171.

Saturday, Mar 3rd
Didn't do much for the day as I was busy, I managed to get the daily bonuses and a Rayquaza Raid though, caught Rayquaza 2005 (1). Worst IV so far, 71% 10/10/12. That's as rare as a 96% but unfortunately I got the low end.

Sunday, Mar 4th
Lucky 100 Swablu caught and evolved into Altaria 1174.
Did a Rayquaza Raid, caught Rayquaza 2061 (2). This was a pretty cool 91% 14 Attack IV, but I still have a 93% 13 Attack IV I prefer as a power up candidate.
Also got an 100 Aron which I evolved into Lairon 572.

Monday, Mar 5th
Weather was Rain, was hoping for boosted Kyogre but it didn't happen :( Got a nice second 100 Lotad though, Lotad 225. I'd rather evolve the 100 Lombre I already have fully first (as it is better level), then this new one into Lombre.
Did a Rayquaza Raid too, caught Rayquaza 2042 (3).

Now getting prepared for the upcoming event. Bought some PokeCoins, Bag/Storage Space and an Ultra Box.

Last couple days:

Wednesday night: Did a Rayquaza raid but failed to catch. Been having horrible luck with them lately. Then in under 2 hours, did a Claydol raid and caught him, caught a wild Masquerain and Metang, and hatched a 91% Torchic I evolved to Blaziken. All 4 were new to the dex.

Friday(today): Did 4 Rayquaza raids in 45 minutes so 3 were under one lucky egg. All weather boosted but only caught the highest a 2561(86% I think it was). Went to an Ex Mewtwo raid. Split into 2 groups to try to get people more balls but only 3 Valor. Ended up joining the Instinct group and only got 7 balls. Proceeded to catch an 88% on a first ball crit. Also during the day, caught my first 2 Unown(J and R). Finally did another Rayquaza raid but i failed to catch him as well. Wasn't any good anyway.

Level: 38 -> 39
New species: Metang, Metagross, Vigoroth, Slaking
New 4000+ CP Pokemon: Kyogre 4017
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: +Rayquaza 3645/3177(100%), +Slaking 3613, +Tyranitar 3604, +Entei 3021
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: +Rayquaza 2812(100%)/2597/2574/2563/2558/2555/2549/2548/2534/2501/2071/2071/2060/2060/2059/2057/2057/2055/2055/2054, Jynx 2118/2076, Tyranitar 2076/2038
New 100% IV Pokemon:+Rayquaza 3645/3177/2812, Quilava 1187, Nidorina 1044, Shuckle 257, Wingull 105 (100%)
+7 Silver Gym Badges
+300 Bag Space
Raids: 79 Rayquaza !!!, 1 Tyranitar. 66 Rayquaza caught, and the Tyranitar. Now at 82/102 on Rayquaza.

OK this was getting too long, sorry for no update all this time but I'm running around like crazy due to the event. Bought several Ultra Boxes as well as some Bag space, do as many Raids as possible every day which is how I got to 79 all these days.

Tuesday, March 6th (The First Day)
12 Rayquaza Raids, caught a Rayquaza 2071 96% on the 4th one and was pretty happy about it as it was my best one at the time. But in the 6th I caught an 100%, which I eventually maxxed out as Rayquaza 3645, my #3 after Kyogre and Groudon. Speaking of Kyogre, I decided to max that out too (before getting 2 more 100% Rayquaza) and eventually got it up to Level 39.5 (not 40 yet), so Kyogre 4017, my first 4000+ CP Pokemon (and #1 of course).
This same day I later caught a Rayquaza 2057, 89% 15 Attack IV (holding on to those for now as I haven't got 6 90%+ 15 Attack ones yet).
Later in the night, a wild Tyranitar 1988 spawned nearby, caught it. Level 20 mediocre IV, seeing it this close before 2000 kinda felt wrong so I just put a single powerup on it to bring it up as Tyranitar 2038.
A few of the Rayquaza fled but the good ones and the last two were caught (this is getting relevant later as the streak gets built up).

Wednesday, March 7th
10 Rayquaza Raids, caught all 10!
Kept a Rayquaza 2071 96% 15/13/15. And a Rayquaza 2054 89% 15 Atk.
Later in the night, a wild 98% Level 35 Larvitar spawned nearby! Unfortunately 14/15/15, the low Atk 98. Caught it, immediately evolved and eventually powered up to Level 39 so Tyranitar 3604 (haven't done 39.5 yet because of lack of Stardust, and 40 will surpass the 100% Rayquaza and I don't wanna ruin my Top 3 without good reason ie a specific last breakpoint).

Thursday, March 8th (The Windy Day)
It was Windy all day, so the Rayquaza were weather boosted! Did 9 Raids, caught all 9!
I'll just copypaste from above here, meh. Rayquaza 2597/2574/2563/2558/2555/2549/2548/2534/2501. All kept because of weather boost. The first one is a 98% 15/14/15. Second best (15/15/14 is better, effectively 100% @ Level 40 because of same HP). I was planning to power that up with the excess Candy after maxxing out the 100, but of course my plans changed.
Also did a Tyranitar to fill in some Lucky Egg time, caught it, Tyranitar 2076. 93% 13 Atk, eh not feeling like powering up anytime soon. Still some nice Candy.
Visited a Jynx nest which was next to one of the Gyms we Raided in, got lucky as it had two high level ones which I caught. Jynx 2118/2076, both ready for Rayquaza Raids as counters :)
I also hit Level 39 in the middle of this day.

Friday, March 9th

Only 6 Raids IIRC, had something to do in the afternoon so not much time. After catching 3, the 4th one fled; and that's how my streak of 24 Rayquaza catches straight ended :( Still remarkable.
Also caught a 100% Shuckle 257 in a Lure while waiting for a nearby Raid Egg to hatch.
I actually haven't kept a single Rayquaza from this day, guess all the ones I caught were kinda bad IV.

Saturday, March 10th
Again had some things to do early on in the day so I couldn't Raid all day long. Don't remember how many Raids (I could just do the subtraction since I remember all the other days, but eh).
Only kept Rayquaza 2055, a 91% 11/15/15. Meh, all the flaws in Attack only heh
Also found Wingull 105 100% :)

Sunday, March 11th (The Emotional Rollercoaster)
What a day... 15 Raids! Yeah, they just spawned perfectly and we could do that many. Not sure how many were caught; but the good ones sure were caught :)
The best part? Got 2 more 100% Rayquaza in two consecutive Raids! One is powered up to Level 31 now (breakpoint VS itself, for use as counter), which is Rayquaza 3177. The other is still Level 27, trying to get it up to 31 as well (then I'll just give the excess Candy on one of them and maybe max out eventually) but I don't have enough Stardust, so only Rayquaza 2812 for now.
Also kept a Rayquaza 2060 91% 14/14/13 and a Rayquaza 2055 89% 15/11/14
And as the Raids were over, I planned to go grind in a farming spot... but in the subway, in the crowd, my phone got stolen :( That was terrible. So yeah, emotional rollercoaster for sure.

Monday, March 12th
Bought a brand new phone in the morning, set it up, was ready for Raids later thankfully. Only 9 Raids.
Keeps are Rayquaza 2057 89% 15/15/10 and Rayquaza 2060 91% 14/14/13
Later I caught a 100% Cyndaquil in a Lure, evolved into Quilava 1187

Tuesday, March 13th

10 Rayquaza Raids
Kept Rayquaza 2059 91% 14/13/14.
Caught Nidoran 100%, evolved into Nidorina 1044.

So I also have Rayquaza twins 2060s 91% 14/14/13s and 2057s 89% 15/15/10s. It's kinda cute :)
Ah, also hatched a Beldum which got me enough Candy to evolve one into Metang and then Metagross 2774. And also evolved Slakoth into Vigoroth and then Slaking 3612, my #4 (the 98% almost max Tyratniar is #5, 100% max Dragonite pushed down to #6). Anyway, got those registered soon; so only Wynaut, Shelgon and Salamence left now.

Level: 39 -> 40
New species: Shelgon, Salamence, Lugia, Unown
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Rayquaza 3359(100%), Rhydon 3006, Blissey 3001
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Salamence 2695, Aggron 2660(100%), Mewtwo 2264, Rayquaza 2071/2067/2062, Lugia 2038/2020
New 100% IV Pokemon: Starmie 1908, Aggron 2660
New Shiny Pokemon: Swablu 44, Lugia 1969
Raids: 29 Rayquaza, 8 Lugia, 1 Piloswine, 1 Jolteon
(21 Rayquaza, 7 Lugia, Piloswine, Jolteon caught. Final ratio on Rayquaza, 103/131. Current ratio on Lugia, 7/8)

OK so it's been a good while since I last made an update.

WINDY EVENT
Wednesday, March 14th

Got a lucky 100% Staryu catch, evolved into Starmie 1908
Several Rayquaza Raids, kept none though

Thursday, March 15th
Several Rayquaza Raids, caught and kept Rayquaza 2062 which is 91% IV with 15 Atk
Also caught a 1500+ CP Rhyhorn which I evolved into Rhydon 3006, adding one more to the 3000+ CP group

Friday, March 16th (Final Day of XP Event... and XP in general)
Did the last few Rayquaza Raids. Kept Rayquaza 2071 (96% 14/15/14) and Rayquaza 2067 (93% 15/14/13)
Also got a Lucky Shiny Swablu 44
Hatched an Egg into Bagon, evolved my best one into Shelgon and then Salamence 2695. So now I'm done with the entire Hoenn Pokedex available here except Wynaut :(
... and a few hours before event end, I finally hit Level 40! Ultimate XP goal accomplished, now I can stop caring about XP for good.
Spent the rest of the day grinding Stardust on Lured PokeStops, finished off Rayquaza Raids at 103/131.

BETWEEN EVENTS
Saturday, March 17th (1st Lugia, 3rd EX)

Did my first ever Lugia Raid (1), got a pretty nice encounter with a Lugia 2038, which I easily caught. So I started off with a 91% 15/15/11, which is very nice.
Soon after I had an EX Raid nearby, and luck was on my side once again, catching Mewtwo 2264 which is 96% 15/15/14! Not sure if/when I'll power it up though, got a higher level one at this point and don't feel like going for investment on a second yet, besides it's still available so 98/100 are technically still options, despite being way too rare.
Also did a little Stardust grinding as there were Lured PokeStops, but I had other matters to tend to which I've left aside because of the event so I didn't play too much.

Sunday, March 18th
Did a daily Lugia Raid (2), caught Lugia 1993.
Grinded some Stardust by the Lured PokeStops, as there were enough people still hyped about playing in the weekend. Things did tone down a lot with the new week though, Raids aside.

Monday, March 19th
Did my daily Lugia Raid (3) and got very lucky with it! Shiny Lugia 1969. Caught with Pinap of course. Worst IV possible, but that's cool in its own way considering it's as rare as 100%, especially to have it on a Shiny.
Nothing else notable for the day. Little Stardust grinded :(

Tuesday, March 20th
Did my daily Lugia Raid (4), caught Lugia 1992.
Weather was Sunny, Piloswine Raid spawned nearby, so I decided to use a Premium Raid Pass and do it. The plan is to have 6 weather-boosted Piloswine to be ready for Mamoswine in Gen IV. I had 4 of them, so my plan was to catch 2 more, with this being the first. This was an easy solo, just maxxed Kyogre and Gyarados needed. Easily caught Piloswine 1589, mediocre IV (84-87%, 11-12 Atk apparently)
Nothing else notable for the day. Little Stardust grinded :(

Wednesday, March 21th
Now this was a really cool day. Unown 218 spawned, everyone in Discord was talking about it, went there and caught it. So there's my register!
And as if that wasn't enough, a Level 32 100% Aron also spawned nearby, caught it and evolved into Aggron 2660! One more left for the living dex.
I did my daily Lugia Raid (5) and caught Lugia 2020.
Also because of some peer pressure, basically some friends not having enough people for their own Raid later in the day, I bought a Premium Raid Pass to help them out. Lugia Raid (6), didn't catch this one... meh, I slightly regret this but I did it for the others' sake more than mine.
I also did another "for fun" thing with a Premium Raid Pass; weather was Sunny, Jolteon Raid spawned, so I attempted a solo. Used 2 high CP Rhydon, 2 Groudon (high lvl and the weather boosted one), barely didn't solo though :( Another person joined in and we 2-manned it very easily. Easily caught it with Pinap. Mostly did this Raid as it was in an EX-eligible park, so I have more thing to hopefully look forward to. But yeah it was a "for fun" thing.
Nothing else, just caught everything along the way for Stardust. The new event was also announced so I calmed down a little when it comes to that.

Thursday, March 22nd
Nests migrated, a really cool one nearby became Bulbasaur. To make things better, I had no classes in the morning. So I hit the nest in preparation of Community Day and pretty much emptied all my Poke Balls there. Went from 80 Bulbasaur Candy to 290 then left as I had no resources. Also caught a nice 98% 14 Atk Bulbasaur, but it's low level and not 100% so I'm not sure if it will be worth evolving.
Later did my daily Lugia Raid (7), caught Lugia 1988 and got a team of six, finally.

EGGSTRAVAGANZA EVENT
Friday, March 23rd

Did the daily Lugia Raid (8), caught Lugia 1991.
Grinded lots of Stadust (even used 2 Star Pieces already). Used some of it on the 2 non-maxed out 100% Rayquaza, they both stand at 3359 CP now. The one was already 3000+, the other is now Rayquaza 3359 too.

Other things I used Stardust for; my 2900ish Blissey powered up to Blissey 3001, also getting in the 3000+ group, thanks to a lucky Chansey hatch a while ago.
I did also power up my Level 30 98% Tyranitar as much as I could with the Candy I had (to increase its usefulness VS Lugia), it's now 3348 CP.
Next up I might save some Stardust for a Lugia powerup to Level 31.5 (final Extrasensory breakpoint VS Machamp without WB, also a decent level for Lugia to be a viable potion-efficient gym attacker). I also think of maxxing out my powered up Groudon. In any case, I just need to grind Stardust; that's all that is left for a Level 40 player to do, especially considering I got a pretty good Lugia and a Shiny one already.

Back
Top Bottom