• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I was out on a walk when a Phanpy showed up at a Pokestop nearby, so I thought I'd change my route and try to nab it. I got within about 50 meters of the Pokestop and it fled. Then when I was heading away it reappeared at the stop again. I wasn't going to go back for it and it just annoyed me.

However, I did get Cleffa and Chansey from eggs, and earlier I caught Meditite, Sunkern, Magcargo and Sableye, so today was still pretty good.

New species: Regice
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Tyranitar 2788
New Medal: Pokemon Ranger (Gold)
Raids: 4 Regice, all caught, now 4/5

Saturday, June 23rd
Did my daily Regice Raid (1) and caught it, got the register. 1742 CP 89 14/12/14, keeping for now until I get 6.
Not much else notable for the day, just daily objectives and a few gifts etc.

Sunday, June 24th
Did my daily Regice Raid (2) and caught it. 1724 CP 87 12/14/13, keeping for now until I get 6.
Also finished off my Pokemon Ranger Gold Medal, at last. So I've stopped hunting Field Research Tasks down as much, if I find something nice I may go for it past the daily stamp, else not much interest.

Monday, June 25th
Did my daily Regice Raid (3) and caught it. 1748 CP 93 15/15/12, best one so far and potential powerup candidate (just not sure if/when I should powerup Regice).
We also got a lucky Tyranitar 2788 spawn close by, and just went there and caught it. It's bad IV and mediocre level, probably won't see much use, but keeping for now. Also nice for the Candy, which I used to powerup a bit more my Smack Down Tyranitar to use VS Regice.

Tuesday, June 26th
Did my daily Regice Raid (4) and caught it. 1716 CP 80 11/10/15, keeping for now until I get 6.

Yesterday was a decent day. New catches were Chikorita and Gligar. New hatch was just an Alolan Grimer. I also found wild Treecko (enough to evolve to Grovyle) and Beldum (1 candy away from Metang) and hatched more Alolan Meowth (enough to evolve one).

Today has been pretty good so far. I've hatched Snorlax and Togepi, and caught Solrock, Sneasel and Charmander. Caught a bunch of other stuff like Numel, Spoink and Vulpix too, so now they are closer to evolving too. Progress!

I'll be visiting Westfalenpark in Dortmund tomorrow for the Safari Zone event, is anyone else from around here going?
Unfortunately not, as much as I'd like it I cannot afford it. But I have several friends from our local community who took a flight to attend. Hope you all have a great time :D
---
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Articuno 2496, Mewtwo 2219
+1 Gold Gym Badge
Raids: 3 Regice, all caught, now 7/8
EX Raid: Mewtwo, caught, now 13/13
New Alolan forms: Sandshrew, Sandslash

Wednesday, June 27th
Did my daily Regice Raid (1), caught, 1712 80% 12/13/11. Keeping for now.
Hatched an 7km Egg, Alolan Sandshrew. Immediately evolved into Sandslash, got those two in the dex.
Not much else for the day.

Thursday, June 28th (13th EX Raid)
Did the EX Raid, caught Mewtwo 2219. 78% 15/10/10 , meh I don't mind.
Did my daily Regice Raid (2), caught 1751 91 or 93% 15 attack, defense/HP unknown. Still my best one for now, though!

Friday, June 29th
Midnight, Field Research Breakthrough, final Articuno. 93% 15/14/13, best so far. Powered up to level 30, Articuno 2496 is in!
Did my daily Regice Raid (3), caught it, 1739 CP 91% 14/15/12. Now I have 7, gotta figure out which is the worst I should transfer away.
Also got my 6th Gold Gym Badge thanks to that Raid. 4th downtown.

So I just got back from the Safari Event. I can summarize my experience with a single picture;

9ClXvqX.jpg

It took a 2 hour drive to get to Dortmund, then an hour queuing in the HORDES of players coming in from all over Europe. During that I caught a Corsola and some Larvitars and Aerodactyls. But when I finally got into the park, the game died. GSM network overload or something else died. I walked around with a loading screen for 1,5 hours when I gave up and went back home. Even now I still can't launch the game.

Here's a map I got at the entrance, the only tangible thing to remind me of my mistake.

OyMk7yp.jpg

So yeah, nice going Niantic. F*** you.

Edit;
And for the record, I'm not mad, just extremely disappointed.

Last edited:
I've had a really lucky few days playing:
On Saturday 30th, my brother traded me a Lapras as I didn't have one yet;
On Sunday 1st, I came across and caught a Shiny Roselia;
On Monday 2nd, I came across and caught a Shiny Murkrow;
On Tuesday 3rd (my birthday) I completed field research and caught a Snorlax (first time I've ever encountered one), and evolved my Ivysaur and my Swablu to get their final forms for the first time;
and yesterday, the 4th, I came across and caught a Miltank, again first time I have seen one.

Hopefully my luck continues and I get something new today too :D

I'm so excited for this and
I can't wait for a chance to get a Celebi
!!!

Also, my good luck continues today! All summer, I've been one Ghost type short of moving forward with my Mew research and a Shuppet randomly appeared this morning on my way to work :D thankfully, I had saved up all my Magikarp candy and evolved my Shiny Magikarp into Red Gyarados! Now all I need to do is compete in 10 raids and I am one step closer to catching Mew!! :D

I'm so excited for this and
I can't wait for a chance to get a Celebi
!!!

Also, my good luck continues today! All summer, I've been one Ghost type short of moving forward with my Mew research and a Shuppet randomly appeared this morning on my way to work :D thankfully, I had saved up all my Magikarp candy and evolved my Shiny Magikarp into Red Gyarados! Now all I need to do is compete in 10 raids and I am one step closer to catching Mew!! :D
Was it a good karp?
Locally someone dropped almost 500 candies into a 37% shiny.
I love Gyarados(who knew) and I won't evolve my 70% shiny.

Was it a good karp?
Locally someone dropped almost 500 candies into a 37% shiny.
I love Gyarados(who knew) and I won't evolve my 70% shiny.

I'm going to be honest and say I have no idea what you are talking about hahaha I'm a pretty casual player and have basically been playing on the premise of "high CP equals strong", but my Shiny Gyarados has pretty low CP.
If you don't mind, could you explain those percentages? I'd really love to get a bit better at the game in terms of knowing what monsters to keep hold of, so I'd really appreciate your advice :)
Why won't you evolve your Magikarp?

The only really "tricky" about those tasks is throwing an excellent curve ball. That caused me to start practicing throwing curve balls, which is all I throw nowadays.

Btw, those IVs percentages are the quality ratings of a Pokemon (a more accurate method than the rating fuction of the app). CalcyIV is a tool that is commonly used to reveal IVs of Pokemon. Especially in the higher levels, difference in IVs become very notable. It can make the difference between a 2800CP mon versus a 3100CP mon (same specie and level, but different IVs.) This is just a rough example.

CalcyIV can give you a rapport such as this;
htgPJL1.png
It tells the lowest and highest possible IV value of all three properties of a Pokemon. It also reveals the level it is and how much stardust and candy it will cost to bring it up to your level and its CP at that level and fully evolved (3109 for this Gyarados). This is very important because you don't want to waste your stardust on lousy mons. At the higher levels, stardust becomes more costly, so never waste it.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest and say I have no idea what you are talking about hahaha I'm a pretty casual player and have basically been playing on the premise of "high CP equals strong", but my Shiny Gyarados has pretty low CP.
If you don't mind, could you explain those percentages? I'd really love to get a bit better at the game in terms of knowing what monsters to keep hold of, so I'd really appreciate your advice :)
Why won't you evolve your Magikarp?

There are apps that by looking the Pokémon's stats will calculate its IV's and give you a percentage as compared to perfect. see @Iggy spoiler

A higher IV Pokémon battles so much better.

I won't evolve my 70% shiny karp because that is over 57 Pinap catches.

Awesome, thank you both so much for the advice. I have downloaded the app and I think I'm starting to understand a bit more. If you'll bear with me just a little longer...

I've been using Rattata as an example to try and get my head around this. So, of all my Rattata, these two have the highest in all stats, but not the highest CP of my Rattata:

Screenshot_20180706-190820.jpg

Screenshot_20180706-190727.jpg

So of these two, the second Rattata is overall better because it's basically got higher numbers across the board than the first Rattata and requires less candy and stardust to reach its full potential?

I won't evolve my 70% shiny karp because that is over 57 Pinap catches.

So does that mean if it was nearer 90% or higher you would evolve it?

Also, I've spent time today practising my curve balls and I'm finally getting the hang of it... I think haha

I didn't have any soectaspect luck today, although managed to get the 400 candy required (at last) to evolve my Swablu. Then I started to worry that my recent run of luck would find me a Shiny Swablu and I'd need to find another 400 candy haha but I had no such luck!
I did manage to finally hatch an Alolan Grimer at last! After two years playing, I have hatched two regular Grimer and one Alolan one (today), never ever seen one in the wild.

So of these two, the second Rattata is overall better because it's basically got higher numbers across the board than the first Rattata and requires less candy and stardust to reach its full potential?
Yes, but watch the smaller numbers next to the sword, shield and heart icon. It means its IV is between those numbers and CalcyIV can't confirm the exact number. Powering up and evolving could change the rating CalcyIV gives because IV values becomes more clear the higher the level of the Pokémon (again, watch out for wasting star dust, you really don't wanna do that!). It can't hurt to check its rating, I'm on team blue (whatever the name is, I don't remember that) and when I get the highest appraisal (it starts with "Your $pokemon_name is a wonder!") it means it has at least 80% IV.

Last edited:

So does that mean if it was nearer 90% or higher you would evolve it?

Also, I've spent time today practicing my curve balls and I'm finally getting the hang of it... I think haha

I didn't have any soectaspect luck today, although managed to get the 400 candy required (at last) to evolve my Swablu. Then I started to worry that my recent run of luck would find me a Shiny Swablu and I'd need to find another 400 candy haha but I had no such luck!
I did manage to finally hatch an Alolan Grimer at last! After two years playing, I have hatched two regular Grimer and one Alolan one (today), never ever seen one in the wild.

Yes, the second Rattata is the better of the 2, but don't power up Rattata. They're too common and you want too save all your Stardust for battlers(maybe defenders).

Yes, if I got an upper 80's shiny karp with 15 Attack, it would be evolve in a picosecond.

Hold off evolving Swablu. Some speculate evolve a Swablu is an upcoming quest.

Since the last time I posted,
-On the last day of a local park being a Girafrig nest, caught a 100%. Cp was only 195 so low level.
-After 20+ raids of subpar Regice, got and caught a 100%
-Hatched an Alohan Vulpix but only 2nd tier
-Caught 8 shiny Roselia
-Caught my 2nd shiny Wailmer, only 73% but evolved to Wailord
-And a good day today as I did the Articuno raid event. Did 17 total raids and caught 13 including the first 11. 2nd was a 98% shiny 15/14/15, 5th was a 96% shiny 14/15/14, and 6th was a normal 100%. Also got a 93% and 2 91%'s. Also while out doing the raids I hatched a straw hat Pichu and my 2nd Alohan Vulpix which was 89%.

Last edited:
So as some of you may or may not know, I've been looking for a Pikachu with halfway decent CP to evolve so that I can finally have a Raichu.

I logged into Pokémon GO and my first encounter was none other than the new hat and sunglass Pikachu! I captured it as fast as possible, and it’s appraisal was passable, and CP was ok.
Pressed that evolution button asap and now I have my favourite Pokemon, complete with a hat and sunglasses!

It was a ridiculously long wait because Pikachu is completely unavailable in my area outside of events and there were many Pikachu events I missed (Ash-Hat one being the most prominent).
The wait has now paid off!
EDF25FC4-D6E7-4B15-A5B9-FF260FF3252E.png

Back
Top Bottom