• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I was out the whole weekend with my brother and my game kept cutting out or not loading altogether, yet his worked great. Apparently there is a new update coming soon with bug and glitch fixes, so hopefully that resolves my current issues.
However, I did manage to catch just enough Wingull to get a Pelipper, which I didn't have.
I also finally have enough candy for a Wailord, although part of me wants to hold out for a Shiny to evolve, but then I might get a rubbish one haha
I also hatched a Larvitar today, which gave me enough candy to evolve my Pupitar to get my first Tyranitar :) she has the highest CP of all my monsters and is my first (and currently only) monster with over 3000 CP. Although, her Bite attack only has a 6 next to it and, looking at her in Calcy IV, I'm not sure how good she is really...
Screenshot_20180905-161644.jpg

I really need more decent Dark and Ground type monsters haha

For some reason I had it in my head today that the Pokemon in the raid event today was Ho-Oh, and I was so psyched. Of course, it was Moltres. I need more sleep.

In other news, I evolved my Grovyle into Sceptile, shiny Sunkern into shiny Sunflora, and my Ralts into Kirlia. I just need to hatch 9 eggs to proceed to the next round of tasks for the Celebi event.

My usual cycle round was worth it;
- Caught a 97,8% Aron.
- Caught a 100% Furret. Not usefull but cool.
- Caught a Pelipper. Not that I needed it, but you don't see them very often.
- Hatched a 97,8% Feebas. Received another 10Km right after (really, I'm beginning to think the amount of 10km eggs you have increase the odds of getting another one)
- Caught about 50 other Pokémon with my Gotcha (who did all the work).

Not a bad day.
-Got a 100% Spinda from a quest
-got an 1813 shiny Moltres from a raid. Only one I didnt get on the legendary bird days.
-Hatched a lot of 7ks(details in that thread). Most important being Kangaskhan which finished my Kanto dex.

Also over the last week traded some 8/2016 Pokemon for guaranteed luckies and got a 98% Heracross, 93% Torkoal, and 96% Magmar.

Caught 4 shiny Chikorita. I now have more shiny Chikorita than the rest of my Go shinies put together (1 Tyranitar and 2 Plusle) lol. So not a bad day I guess.

There was a sudden influx of Gastly and Abra in my area so I ended up with Kadabra and Haunter shortly after.
Got my first ever Chikorita in the morning, and managed to get enough for Meganium a few hours later. A Chikorita transformed into the Glitch Pokemon which turned into Ditto.
Hatched an Alolan Sandshrew which is now a proud Alolan Sandslash.

Also caught Squirtle and Bulbasaur and used their candies to get Wartortle and Ivysaur, my favourite Mid-Stages!

I did not find a Shiny however :(

I'm ending the day with 5 shiny Chikorita (one a Meganium with Frenzy Plant) and 200.000xp richer. Caught some Dittos with the glitch mon appearing everywhere right after the Community Day ended. I also got 3 10km eggs during the CD event.

Last edited:
The whole of community day went well for me.
-Caught a 91% shiny Grimer in the morning
-Caught 16 shiny Chikorita
-Hatched a 96% Kangaskhan
-Caught a shiny Growlithe during Nutto event.

I was out of town, unfortunately, for the community day, so I only got three shinies as compared to my usual pull rate of about 8-9 shinies per community day. Oh well, that's still one of each.

Today I hatched a perfect Farfetch'd (!) and for my special trade I swapped one of my Go Fest Unown for a Rayquaza and got a 96% lucky Rayquaza!! Overall, a pretty good day.

I hatched three Kangaskhan, two Farfetch'd, two Tangela and one Tauros (among too many Alolan Meowth) during the recent egg event. I was worried that I wasn't going to get Tauros and the last egg I got during the event hatched one.
So, now I am only missing Mewtwo.
Since the event started, I have seen one Mewtwo raid and I was the only one there so I missed out. There have been no other Mewtwo raids appearing either near my home or my work. I really hoped this was going to be my chance to finally finish the Kanto dex, but it was not meant to be.

Caught shiny Nidoran female but Sparks says it has horrible stats. Ah, well.

I'm trying to make space in my pokemon storage for the upcoming Beldum day. I am SO going to make the most out of it. The problem is, I've had bad luck with the gyms; my best pokemon get knocked out early so I try to make use of as many gyms as possible. But I've yet to gather enough coins...

Funny enough, I once placed a random Tauros at a randomly deserted gym and NO ONE bothered to take it down. I checked every few hours and only one other person added a pokemon to the gym so it was just my Tauros and a Lapras (iirc) sitting there. I got a full 50 coins when it came back. I don't know if that place is still unpopular though. (Or rather, "popular" for people like me)

Had a good day today, caught enough Beldum for two Metagross (one of which is Shiny), and enough for two additional Beldum and Metang (one regular and one Shiny of each) as I like having a living dex (including variants).

I met a family who were out and about too and they invited me to join them for a Mewtwo raid that was due to start. I was so excited (probably built myself up too much actually) as Mewtwo us the only one I am missing to complete the Kanto dex. So the six of us gave it a good try, but it's Focus Blast attack just ripped through everyone's Tyranitars. Both first and second attempts failed, both if we had just 30 more seconds. It was a real shame because, not only was I disappointed, but the four kids were absolutely gutted they couldn't catch Mewtwo. Hopefully it comes back around soon.

I am so happy that Gen 4 is finally out. When they started releasing them, I was at the hospital with my dad so hadn't checked the news. So when we left the hospital, I booted up the game (the street the hospital runs along is chock full of Pokestops) and I came across a wild Bidoof! I have never been more excited to see a Bidoof in my life. It was a great surprise after such a trying day at the hospital.

Rumor has it that Mewtwo is getting replaced with Giratina in raids, and I hope for Halloween they release Honchkrow, Mismagius, Dusknoir and Froslass. I can see Spiritomb getting released through raids too. Makes me wonder as well if, after Suicune, we get the Lake Trio as the monthly research rewards too, because I think it's too early to cycle in the Regi Trio as they have just left raids, plus it would keep the raid slots free for Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, etc.

Back
Top Bottom