• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

New species: Wynaut
New 4000+ CP Pokemon: Groudon 4019
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 3012
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Blissey 2636, Venusaur 2268/2258/2212/2206/2145/2030(Shiny), Mewtwo 2206, Tentacruel 2075, Lugia 2041/2033(Shiny)/2032/2022, Aerodactyl 2026, Primeape 2011, Starmie 2007(100%), Wailord 2006, Lapras 2002
New Shiny Pokemon: Bulbasaur 517/464, Ivysaur 909, Venusaur 2030, Lugia 2033
New 100% IV Pokemon: Sharpedo 327
New Medal: Breeder Gold
+2 Silver Gym Badges
Raids: 7 Lugia, 6 caught, now 13/15. And a Piloswine, caught.

Saturday, March 24th (4th EX Raid)
Went to my scheduled fourth EX Raid ahead of time, tried to take the gym for my team but failed as the Mystics were feeding. By the time we started there were enough people to split in two groups, Valor and Mystic-Instinct. Us Valors took it down fine, I got 10 Premier Balls (+1 for personal damage, +3 for team). Caught Mewtwo 2206 relatively easily, so there goes my fourth one. Not any good IVs but I don't mind, still more Mewtwo :)
Did my daily Lugia Raid (1) later in the day, caught Lugia 2022 thanks to it.
Nothing else remarkable for the day. I did not have much time to grind Stardust and preferred to stock up on supplies for the upcoming Community Day rather than spending excessive resources beforehand.

Sunday, March 25th (3rd Community Day)
Went to the regular farming spot a while before CD started. As soon as it did a friend who had a few Lures handy popped them up and we started catching everything we could, mostly focusing on Bulbasaur (which I caught almost exclusively with Pinap except shinies). I started off with 290 Bulbasaur Candy and reached the goal of 775, which meant I could evolve 6 Frenzy Plant Venusaur and 1 Ivysaur. I also managed to get 4 Shinies.
End result after evolutions: 6 Venusaur 2268/2258/2212/2206/2145/2030(Shiny) and 4 Shinies Bulbasaur 517/464, Ivysaur 909, Venusaur 2030
I'd say it went great enough even though we didn't get a shot at 100% IV. For the record we had two hours of Cloudy (boosting Bulbasaur) and one of Partly Cloudy.
After CD was over I did my daily Lugia Raid (2), didn't catch.
Grinded Stardust for the rest of the day. Overall this has been my best day with about 200.000 Stardust!
I did use some to max out my Groudon 4019, getting one more Pokemon in the 4000+ CP range after Kyogre. Also caught a boosted (Cloudy) Tentacool (nesting species) which I evolved into Tentacruel 2075, giving me one more species in the 2000+ CP range.

Monday, March 26th
Did my daily Lugia Raid (3), got Lugia 2041 which I caught! 91% 15/13/13, my best one so far (and probably until the end of this Lugia stint). Slightly better than my first one ever which was 91% 15/15/11, I most likely will be powering this one up.
I also hatched a Wynaut and got it registered in the Pokedex, which meant it was complete (I had all species currently available in my region) for a bit. But now I should get Mew as well to reach that point.
Grinded about 130.000 Stardust this day IIRC. Not as much as CD as I had a bit less time and resources.

Tuesday, March 27th
Did my daily Lugia Raid (4), got Lugia 2032 which is also 91% but 14 Attack IV.
Grinded about 120.000 Stardust this day IIRC. Slightly less than the previous one because of using less Star Pieces.

Wednesday, March 28th
Did my daily Lugia Raid (5), got a 1990ish Lugia which I caught and then soon transferred.
Got a lucky 100% Carvanha which I evolved into Sharpedo 327.
Grinded about 150.000 Stardust this day IIRC. Managed to catch a few more Pokemon than usual, I guess.

Thursday, March 29th
Weather was Sunny, Piloswine Raid spawned nearby, decided to solo it so I could get that final boosted Piloswine to have a Top 6 ready for Gen IV and so I did. Easy solo, just Kyogre/Gyarados needed. Easy catch too.
Decided to use a Premium Raid Pass for another Lugia Raid (6) so that I wouldn't miss the day. Another low IV which I caught and transferred.
Also got a very high CP Rhyhorn (1500+) which I evolved into Rhydon 3012.
Grinded about 120.000 Stardust this day IIRC.

Friday, March 30th (Introduction of Research Tasks)
Final day in Athens for a while as I'm now back in my hometown for Easter break to see family. This was essentially the last day I could reasonably get any Lugia Raids or Stardust grind in. Did my daily Lugia Raid (7) and got another Shiny Lugia 2033! Of course it was caught immediately with Pinap. And that sets the score at 13/15, which sets some extremes; best catch percentage, but also least sheer amount of Raids done on a single legendary species (except Mewtwo) so far, worse than Ho-oh's 18.
Grinded about 100.000 Stardust this day. Had less time than previous ones.
Unfortunately I was not able to do a Field Research Task in time during the last hour (they were introduced 11pm here) so no stamp for the day.

Saturday, March 31st
As I was getting ready to go to the bus station so I could take a ride to my hometown, I got my first few Field Research tasks; catch 3 Poison-type Pokemon, another 3 Poison-type one but with a different reward, catch 10 Pokemon with weather boost. Did the 10 weather boost one easily, got the daily stamp. Got a new task to replace it, win a Gym battle.
Also got done with the first Special Research task, Mythical Discovery stage 1/8. Now at 2/8, got everything done except hatching one Egg, still need 900m :(
Oh, and got a lucky Blissey 2636 catch on the way! This is a great addition to the defender squad, getting investments on Blissey takes a looong while so getting some essentially for free is great.
Nothing else for the day as I didn't have much time of course, this was all on the way to the bus and in the bus.

Sunday, April 1st
Caught enough Poison-types to get done with another Task and get today's stamp. Also got done with the Gym Battle but don't Claim Reward yet so I can use it for tomorrow's stamp instead. Nothing else yet, but I might go to a nearby town later and hopefully find a few Raids so I won't need to waste my Passes.

... so, what else for this long update?
Just to put a few things into perspective, there's supposedly a weekly cap of 3.500 Pokemon caught in a given week, to prevent excessive catching by hardcore players and botting. I got very close to hitting this cap as I had 29.000 Pokemon caught in my Collector badge by Saturday and 32.400 by next Friday. So yes, I grinded A LOT of Stardust.
As for how I used said Stardust: Maxxing out Groudon, powering up my 2 non-maxed-out 100% Rayquaza until the point I had no Rayquaza Candies left, powering up my second 98% Tyranitar as much as possible according to my Larvitar Candy so I could maximize performance VS Lugia, and getting a few Pokemon the 1900 CP range to 2000 so I could add their species to my 2000+ CP living dex list. This is how I got Aerodactyl 2026, Primeape 2011, Starmie 2007, Wailord 2006, Lapras 2002. The rest of the Stardust I saved up for Lugia (will get my best one powered up to Level 31.5 which is the final Extrasensory breakpoint on Raid Machamp, as soon as it is gone and replaced by the next Legendary) and for whatever else may come; it was implied that Moltres might return soon as a Research Breakthrough encounter, which gives me hope in obtaining the legendary birds which I missed before; I'll need to power those up too.
Finally, thanks to all the hatches from the Eggstravaganza event, at some point I got Breeder Gold without even noticing it. And on some Gyms I Raided in I got 2 Silver Gym Badges for apparently as I counted them earlier.

New species: Latias
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Lugia 2034
Raids: Lugia, caught, up to 14/16. Latias, caught, now 1/1. Mawile

Monday, April 2nd
Unfortunately I had to let a daily Raid Pass get wasted. But I did manage to find a Lugia Raid and enough people to do it in a nearby town, so I did a final one and caught Lugia 2034. Final ratio is 14/16 after all, which is a nice extreme.

With Lugia gone and Lati@s announced as the next legendary Raids, I was left thinking where to invest next. Decided to get my 2 Level 34.5 100% Rayquaza (3359 CP) to Level 37 (3489 CP) so they could reach the final breakpoint VS Latias and maxmize DPS. That took me 96 Rare Candy though, so I was only left with little which then went into Lugia. Using all I had so far, I powered up my 2041 CP 91% all the way to 2959. The goal is Level 31.5 which is gonna take me about 20 more Rare Candy, then I'll stop.

I also powered up my 100% Gengar to level 37 to reach a final breakpoint VS Latias. So I did use a good amount of Stardust saved from the event and need some more Gastly Candy (I have a nest in mind) plus a little Stardust to max it out, that's another project to be done soon alongside Mew.

Tuesday, April 3rd
Went to said nearby town again, found a Latias Raid, did it and caught. So there's the register!
Also did a Mawile Raid so that the Raid Pass wouldn't get wasted. No shiny, meh.

I'm going back to Athens on Wednesday so things should get back on track.

Oh, and on Research I've made some progress on Special (gonna say more in the relevant thread) and did a few Field which I don't remember exactly atm to get my daily stamps so far, now 5/7. Looking forward to the first Breakthrough!

New species: Moltres, Mew
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Lugia 3138, Metagross 3022, Salamence 3007
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Golem 2904, Gyarados 2825, Tyranitar 2605, Ampharos 2269/2231/2159/2142
New Shiny Pokemon: Mareep 269/226, Flaaffy 633/441, Ampharos 1655/34
New Medal: Pokemon Ranger (Bronze)
Raids: 17 Latias, 10 caught, now 11/18. Aerodactyl, Gengar, Misdreavus, Omastar, Scyther; all caught.

Lots of things going on the past two weeks, didn't have time for a proper post in between.

Wednesday, April 4th
With Lugia gone, I powered up my best one to Level 31.5 (breakpoint VS Machamp) so I got Lugia 3138.
Arrived in Athens, got a little time, so I went downtown.
Did a Latias Raid (2), caught a 96% 1918 14/14/15 which was great! (2/2)
Nothing else notable for the day as I didn't have much time.

Thursday, April 5th
Went downtown again, but only for a little.
Did a Latias Raid (3), didn't catch :( (2/3)
When midnight hit (technically April 6th), I claimed the reward for a Field Research Task I had saved up to achieve my first Research Breakthrough, and caught Moltres! 1383 CP 89%, caught with Pinap.
That's it for the day.

Friday, April 6th
As I had little time which was not even enough to go downtown, I did very little for the day, just daily objectives (but no Raid).

Saturday, April 7th
Caught a 96% 15/13/15 Geodude which I eventually evolved and maxed out to Golem 2904! This is my first and so far only maxxed out Golem.
As I had little time which was not even enough to go downtown, I did very little for the day, just daily objectives, however in order to not waste a Raid Pass, I did a Misdreavus Raid and caught it.

Sunday, April 8th (Orthodox Easter)
As I had little time which was not even enough to go downtown, I did very little for the day, just daily objectives, however in order to not waste a Raid Pass, I did a Gengar Raid and caught it. It counted towards the 10 Ghost-types I needed for the Mew Special Research.

Monday, April 9th
Did a Latias Raid (4), caught 87% 1902 CP. (3/4)
Also found a lucky Tyranitar 2605 which I caught.

Tuesday, April 10th
Did a Latias Raid (5), didn't catch :( (3/5)

Wednesday, April 11th
As I had little time which was not even enough to go downtown, I did very little for the day, just daily objectives, however in order to not waste a Raid Pass, I did a Scyther Raid and caught it (with Pinap).

Thursday, April 12th
As I had little time which was not even enough to go downtown, I did very little for the day, just daily objectives, however in order to not waste a Raid Pass, I did an Omastar Raid and caught it.
When midnight hit (technically April 13th), I claimed the reward for a Field Research Task I had saved up to achieve my second Research Breakthrough, and caught another Moltres! 1355 CP 76%, caught with Pinap during double Candy event. 18 Moltres Candy in total as of now.

Friday, April 13th
As I had little time which was not even enough to go downtown, I did very little for the day, just daily objectives, however in order to not waste a Raid Pass, I did an Aerodactyl Raid and caught it.

Saturday, April 14th
Did a Latias Raid (6), caught but transferred by now (so it could benefit from double Candy) because it was bad IV (4/6)
Also got enough Magikarp to evolve Gyarados 2825 for Mew's Special Research. By this point I was done with Ditto and the ghosts. Despite not playing much, I slowly and steadily hunted Magikarp and used Pinap on all of them till this point, and thanks to the event I got enough.

Sunday, April 15th (Community Day)
I tweaked my schedule a lot to fit in CD, couldn't miss that.
In 3 hours I got about 1300 Mareep Candy (started off with 100) and evolved these (plus a few more less than 2000 CP):
Ampharos 2269/2231/2159/2142
And also caught/evolved these Shinies:
Mareep 269/226, Flaaffy 633/441, Ampharos 1655/34
I'd say it went very well! 6 Shinies is a lot, I very easily got a full team of Dragon Pulse Ampharos just in case it does become useful in Gen VI, also got a Level 1 Shiny Ampharos with each exclusive move. "The 34" is now "The 46"'s best friend; yeah that's the lvl 1 Shiny Dragonite from two months ago heh :)
Right after CD ended and before I had to go, I did one more Latias Raid (7), but it fled :( (4/7)
By the end of this day, I was done with most Easter Break duties and could start off full sessions until the end of the Kanto event.
Oh, I also hatched a Bagon from a 10km during the event thanks to reduced Egg distance, and also got some Beldum Candy, so I powered up Metagross 3022, Salamence 3007 barely into 3000+ territory.

Monday, April 16th (1st and 2nd? full session of the event)
Started off the 1st full session of the event, in which I caught a lucky Level 1 Snorlax from a Lure, nicknamed "The 43" because of its CP lol.
Also did 5 Latias Raids (8-12): in the first one I caught my 98% 14/15/15 1922 CP which topped my 96%. I also caught a 87% 1907 CP one. And one which I transferred because of bad IVs. (7/12)
Also got the Pokemon Ranger Bronze Medal, as I'm now completing lots of Field Research Tasks per day instead of saving them up for stamps.
Battery would start to die out, so I headed back home, put everything on charge and went to bed.

Upon waking up, with devices fully charged, I headed off for a late-night "closure party" we have scheduled, which leads to
2nd full session of the event (more like Tuesday, April 17th at this point)
Basically we just grinded by the Lures for 6 hours, there were no Raids available at night. The only notable catch is a 96% 15/14/14 Machop which I evolved into Machamp 1231 and is probably going to be my next non-legendary max-out project.

Tuesday, April 17th (2nd? and 3rd full session of the event)
Battery died out, so I headed back home, put everything on charge and went to bed.
Upon waking up, with devices fully charged, I headed off for downtown to do some more Latias Raids. I needed 3 more for Mew's Special Research.
Eventually did 6 Latias Raids (13-18): caught the first and third with Pinap, got lucky here :) Although I got better at my throws too, I had some trouble before. Transferred them both however as they were bad IV.
At this point I could proceed with Special Research 7/8, which I breezed through easily thanks to more than 50 saved Nanab Berries.
Mew 1286! 76-80% IV, 11-13 Atk IV :( Meh, that's the only Mew I'll ever get apparently, and its moveset is Pound/Psychic. So yeah not feeling like investing on it. But I don't mind; I got Mew!
Did three more Latias Raids after that, caught two (one with Pinap, one without); transferred the one, kept the other: 82% 1891 CP.
And that settles it; 11/18 on Latias, Top 6 kept and 82 Candy, which was a great way to make up for all the missed days thanks to double Candy. I might've even overdone it a bit, but I don't mind; I plan to power up my 98% to at least 3000 CP when it rotates out; unless of course I get a better 98 (with 15 Atk) or 100...
For the rest of the session I just grinded by the Lures with friends before the event ended.

And that is it! After several days of extreme inactivity and a few days of extreme activity, I plan to actually fix things somewhere in the middle as of now. Just the daily Latias consistently, a little of Stardust grind, perhaps some more grind of Charmander Candy in preparation of CD (even though I already have past 300). Generally taking it totally easy, at least until Earth Day; I might try to get a couple of tough full sessions at the seaside park for it.

Last edited:
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Latias 2352/2350
New Medal: Pokemon Ranger (Silver)
+2 Silver Gym Badges
Raids: 9 Latias, 5 caught, now 16/27. 2/6 Weather Boosted
6th EX Raid invitation!

Wednesday, April 18th
Nothing much for the day. Did my daily Latias Raid (1), caught and transferred as it was bad IV. Also found a lucky 98% Furret and hatched a 96% Porygon :)

Thursday, April 19th
Nothing much for the day once again. Did my daily Latias Raid (2), caught 1908 CP 89% 14/11/15, kept it.

Friday, April 20th
Midnight, did my third Research Breakthrough, caught a 98% 15/15/14 1399 CP Moltres because of it! This is great, only 100 can top it. Probably what I'll power up once the Breakthroughs rotate to something else.
Got a 96% Eevee from an "Evolve a Pokemon" Research encounter. Also caught a 98% Growlithe.
Finally, did my Latias Raid (3) for the day, and it was 1846 CP 66.6% 10/10/10, the absolute worst! I really wanted to catch it and keep it as a collectible. It was a bit tense as I caught it at the last ball, but it's here to stay :D

Saturday, April 21th (The Windy Day)
I didn't plan to do much for the day either, especially as I wanted to stay in and watch the hackathon stream. But Windy weather happened, so it was a great chance for a Raid run that I didn't feel like missing. Did a whole 6 Raids, of which I only caught 2 :( But still better than nothing. Latias 2352/2350. The best is 84% 11/15/12 but it's got the Dragon moveset ready. I'm seriously considering powering that up instead of my Level 20 98 as I don't feel like spending any Rare Candy on this legendary species, there just are better options; so I'd rather just maximize the value of what I have now, and not worry about future-proof status IV-wise.

Also got the Pokemon Ranger Silver medal at some point, as I'm doing lots of Research Tasks on the go. Not really hunting them down unless someone tells me there's a particularly good one around (like that super-easy evolve one that got me the Eevee). Also got 2 Silver Gym Badges; the one was from a Gym I put Slaking in to defend 4 days ago, it's very low turnover :) The other was from the Raid yesterday, it was close to Silver. And finally, an EX Raid Pass (6th) for April 30th, if all goes well on Monday and then I'll have a Mewtwo team of six yay

Now I plan to just get done with my daily objectives for today and save up for the Earth Day event; lots of Stardust to be grinded in the seaside park, which has lots of Grass/Ground/Water-types.

Started Pokemon GO to collect my daily stamp and got a Electrike encounter as reward. I thought, this is a good moment to practice curve balls. I threw excellent. Things is, I still have to do three raids before I get the quest of throwing an excellent curve ball. Blast it!

Wow, it's been a long while since my last update. Huge post incoming:

New species: Zapdos, Latios
New 4000+ CP Pokemon: Slaking 4025
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Gyarados 3281, Latias 3195, Rhydon 3010, Aggron 3004
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Moltres 2798, Hariyama 2753, Donphan 2658, Mewtwo 2233/2211, Breloom 2407, Machamp 2216, Latios 2058/2007, Muk 2014, Golduck 2005, Crawdaunt 2003,
New 100% IV Pokemon: Gyarados 3281, Vileplume 1894, Castform (Sunny) 1337, Taillow 366, Carvanha 12
New Shiny Pokemon: Makuhita 222, Wailmer 87
+200 Bag Space
+2 Gold Gym Badges
+22 Silver Gym Badges
Raids: 15 Latias, 12 caught. 3 Latios, 2 caught. Breloom, caught.
EX Raids: 2 Mewtwo, both caught

Sunday, April 22nd
Didn't do much for the day, other than my dailies including a Latias Raid (1) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.

Monday, April 23rd (5th EX Raid)
Did my 5th EX Raid, caught Mewtwo 2234. 84% 14/11/13
Soon after a lucky Castform (Sunny) 1337 (100%) spawned nearby, everyone from the EX Raid got there and caught it.
Did my daily Latias Raid (2), caught Latias 1902 87% 14/11/14, kept.
Also caught a high CP Phanpy which I eventually evolved into Donphan 2658.

Tuesday, April 24th (Celebrate The Earth begins)

Did my daily Latias Raid (3), caught Latias 1923 96% 15/13/15! Really good, too bad I have a 98 I'd rather power up.
Grinded lots of Stardust thanks to the event, for the rest of the day.

Wednesday, April 25th

Hatched a 98% Togepi 15/15/14 :) This is most likely going to be first Togekiss once Gen IV hits us, already have the Candy to evolve, but not to power up.
Also hatched a 96% Larvitar :D Albeit only 13/15/15 so lacking in attack :( Not sure what to do with it yet, I don't have the Candy to invest on it still anyway.
Did my daily Latias Raid (4) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Grinded lots of Stardust and got two lucky 100%s by the Lures! Taillow 366 Level 20, so now I have both it and Swellow; and Carvanha 12, Level 1. Great collectible :)
Also caught a nice 96% Magikarp, 15/13/15. Not investing on it yet, but if Gyarados becomes more meta-relevant again I might.

Thursday, April 26th

Did my daily Latias Raid (5) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Grinded lots of Stardust.
Midnight into the 27th, Field Research Breakthrough, caught Moltres 1395 96% 15/13/15 which is nice, but I got a 98. Powered up the 98% to Moltres 2798 (Level 30), because I figured I won't be getting any more shots at a better IV.

Friday, April 27th

Did my daily Latias Raid (6) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Caught a 1500+ CP Rhyhorn, evolved into Rhydon 3010, adding one more to the 3000+ CP squad.
Grinded lots of Stardust, nothing else notable for the day.

Saturday, April 28th

Did my daily Latias Raid (7) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Grinded lots of Stardust, nothing else notable for the day.

Sunday, April 29th

Did my daily Latias Raid (8) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Found a lucky Shiny Wailmer 87! Still haven't evolved it because it's too low CP and I'm not sure I want to dump 400 Candy on it... Still glad I got the event Shiny in time, though.

Monday, April 30th (6th EX Raid, Celebrate The Earth ends)

Went to the seaside park instead of downtown as I had an EX Raid there.
Did my 6th EX Raid, caught Mewtwo 2211. 78% 10 attack, unsure of Defense/HP IVs.
Latias Raid (9) spawned in the Gym right next to the EX in the park, did it. Don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Hit the catch soft cap (3.500 Pokemon in a week) at this point, so I was unable to catch any more for a while :( First time I ever get there, a testament to how much Stardust I've grinded this event.
Took a bus ride downtown, where I'd try to grind as little as I could as the rolling cap gets out and have a final event meetup with my friends there, as I had to abandon them for the park EX earlier.
Hatched a 98% 15/15/14 Aron on the way. Definitely a keep although I doubt I'll be doing much with it, I have a higher level 100% Aggron anyway and it's not a species worth investing in two of.
For a little while I was unable to catch anything, but later I could. And I got lucky, as two more 100%s spawned by the Lures! Oddish, which I evolved soon after into Vileplume 1894 (as I already had Bellosom), and Magikarp which I eventually evolved and maxxed out as Gyarados 3281! This is a useful one even though I already had a copy of it, still nice to have two for my Water Top 6, though. What amuses me the most is how long it took me to get the Candy to evolve and max out my first 100% Gyarados compared to this one which could just happen immediately (so I did after event end). Considering how much Stardust I'd grinded, and the Magikarp Candy too which hit the 2500s by event end (!) thanks to using Pinap on all of them, this was just super easy compared to the first one.

Using Stardust grinded from the event, I maxxed out my 100% Aggron and got Aggron 3004, barely joining the 3000+ squad. This one has already seen lots of use in Gyms this event, so I'm glad I got it invested on. Also powered up the 96% Machop I had from the Kanto event slowly into Machamp 2216. I'm not interested in getting it maxxed immediately so I just use it for "Power up X Pokemon" Research Tasks for now. Also maxxed out 100% Breloom 2407, for use as a Fighting Top 6 Raid lead. Also got Muk 2014, Golduck 2005, Crawdaunt 2003 who were close to the 2000 range.

Tuesday, May 1st

Did my daily Latias Raid (10) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Nothing else notable for the day, just the daily objectives and such. I really wanted some rest after the previous event, besides I saw the announcement that another event was coming. Really could use some in-between time.

Wednesday, May 2nd (Special Battle Showdown begins)

For the Special Battle Showdown, my main goal (which I'm mostly done with by now) is to get the majority of Gyms I regularly play in (and thus frequently spin) to Silver Badge. This is the best way to maximize item gains, compared to tryharding on less Gyms to get them to Gold Badge.
So I headed downtown, did my daily Latias Raid (11) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Then went in a nearby Gym I still had Bronze on, took control of it, fed some Berries, eventually got 1 Silver Gym Badge (1) for it.
Also caught a Slakoth along the way and hatched a Slakoth right after too! This gave me enough Candy to power up Slaking to Slaking 4025, which barely hit the 4000+ range and passed Groudon, but not Kyogre; I'd rather let it stay that way, so I don't have plans of powering it up any further.
Using the same method as before on some other Bronze Gyms, I got an extra 2 Silver Gym Badges (3) before heading home for the day.

Thursday, May 3rd

Did my daily Latias Raid (12) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Got 6 Silver Gym Badges (9) for the day all over downtown.
Midnight into the 4th, Field Research Breakthrough, caught and registered Zapdos 1395 84% 11/15/12. Nothing too good IV wise but still a fair start.

Friday, May 4th

This day I messed it up a bit and tried a Latias Raid with too few people so I wasted the Pass :( Not too big of a deal though as I've got way too many extras thanks to the Kanto event and the Windy weather earlier.
Got 6 Silver Gym Badges (15) for the day all over downtown.
Nothing else notable for the day.

Saturday, May 5th

Did my daily Latias Raid (13) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Got only 1 Silver Gym Badge (16) as I didn't have much free time for the day.

Sunday, May 6th

Went to the seaside park as I'd like to get some Gyms over there to Silver Badge as well, considering I was mostly done with downtown and had time.
Got 2 Silver Gym Badges (18).
Level 5 Raid Egg spawned, so I waited for it, did my daily Latias Raid (14) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled.
Also caught a lucky Level 35 98% 14/15/15 Makuhita which I evolved and then maxed out into Hariayama 2753. Thankfully I had lots of Candy thanks to the event and Stardust thanks to the previous event, so I could do it immediately. Hariyama does already serve very well in Gyms, better than 100% maxxed out Machamp actually, who's #2 of the Gym Fighting battle party. In Raids I'd rather have it as #3 after Breloom/Machamp.

Monday, May 7th

Did my final daily Latias Raid (15) which I don't remember if I caught and transferred or it fled. The only thing I know for certain, looking at the numbers, is that out of these 15 Raids, I caught 12 Latias and only 3 fled, which is a very good score considering I used Pinap on most of them.
Got a lucky Shiny Makuhita 222 :D Glad I got one of the two event Shinies already. Perhaps I may get the other or more of the same... which is the only reason I haven't evolved it yet, but I certainly will by event end.
I sticked downtown with some friends rather than going around to get Silver Gym Badges, but got my third Gold Gym instead! First downtown.

Tuesday, May 8th

Didn't do much for the day. Didn't have an EX Raid unlike most others, didn't want to use my daily Raid Pass on Latias as I'd rather save it for Latios who'd show up the next day, got busy with a few other things I should've done within the week. So only the daily objectives and nothing else notable for the day.

With Latias gone for sure, I powered up my 98% 14/15/15 all the way up using all the Candy I got and some few Rare for the last powerup. So Latias 3195 it is! I already love using it in Gyms.

Wednesday, May 9th (First day of Latios)

As soon as the first Latios showed up, I got there with a group of friends. We've been planning to get a headstart before we'd even head to our university classes/jobs.
So yes, I did 2 Latios Raids (2) in quick succesion, caught both! I'm actually the first Level 40 player here to confirm a Latios catch in our chat :) It was Latios 2058 89% 14/11/15, an OK start; at least I'm not getting stuck with something Groudon-level bad IV wise :) The second was quite bad IV wise though, Latios 2007 71% 10/10/12, but I don't mind. Still a catch :)
Got 3 Silver Gym Badges (19) later in the day as I was running around doing errands. These Gyms were all away from downtown.

Thursday, May 10th

Did my daily Latios Raid (3), didn't catch :(
Solo'd a Breloom Raid in a Gym I was close to getting done with got my fourth Gold Gym Badge. Second downtown Gym I get it for. The Breloom solo was quite easy, glad I took the challenge at least once, even though it took me a Premium Raid Pass. For the record, I caught it, but it was bad IV so I transferred it.
Also got 3 Silver Gym Badges (22) in a neighborhood in between downtown and home, before coming back.
Midnight into the 11th, Field Research Breakthrough, second Zapdos 1391 82% 11/13/13. Meh, still getting bad IVs, but I still got 2 or 3 more attempts :)

A final note: at this point I'm using almost all of my Coins from Gyms on Bag upgrades. I've got enough Pokemon storage, incubate all Eggs on the infinite incubator because I don't see much value on them anymore with my dex complete and no events about them, and have 11 Premium Raid Passes spare. This is how I got +200 Bag Space, which I think is quite useful for this event as Gym spins give double items and it's very easy to full up.

Started Pokemon GO to collect my daily stamp and got a Electrike encounter as reward. I thought, this is a good moment to practice curve balls. I threw excellent. Things is, I still have to do three raids before I get the quest of throwing an excellent curve ball. Blast it!
Just done with the 10 raids and got the next quest. Scored excellent curve ball within the hour. Okay.

@Zexy
I've had max back-pack space for the longest of time and I still want more space.

Edit;
Got Mew. Crap IVs, crap moves, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Or something.

Oh, and you can't transfer Mew.

Last edited:
@Iggy I can understand, there's always a need for more. I'm quite close to getting the full 1500, only two Bag upgrades away. Shouldn't take too long. Then I can at least use my Coins somewhere else.

My Mew's also got bad IVs and moves originally, but I figured out a plan. See below...
---
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Mew 2572, Latios 2025
+4 Silver Gym Badges
Raid: Latios, caught, now 3/4

Friday, May 11th
Did my daily Latios Raid, caught Latios 2025.
Spent the rest of the session in a nearby area trying to level up Gyms and managed to get 4 Silver Gym Badges.

Upon coming home, I realized that my Bag's been too full, and I had way too many spare TMs/Rare Candies, so I decided now's a good time to invest on Mew. Used a few Charged TMs until I got a nice charge move, Ice Beam. Then a few Fast TMs until I got Frost Breath, and wow was I lucky; double Ice moveset is in. Put in the Rare Candies, powered it up to exactly level 30, figured that the exact IV spread is 80% 11/12/13, so here you go, Mew 2572 is in!

@Zexy
Huh, I thought it was 1000 max. I guess the cap has raised.

Such a pretty sight;
BdTMmlL.png
Now to wait for a double candy event. I'll crack a lucky egg and star piece with it. Never all nine eggs, though. I've had a notion for quite a while that having a 10km egg increases the chance of receiving another one and recently I heard others say the same.

Last edited:
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Latios 2062/2042
+1 Gold Gym Badge
Raids: 3 Latios, 2 caught, now 5/7

Saturday, May 12th
Didn't do much for the day as I didn't have time, just the daily objectives and held on to my Raid Pass.

Sunday, May 13th
Did 2 Latios Raids, missed a 96% 2070ish :( Caught Latios 2042, at least.
Also got another Gold Gym Badge thanks to one of the Raids being in a Gym that was very close to getting it.

Monday, May 14th
Did my daily Latios Raid, caught Latios 2062 which is my best so far, 91% 14/12/15.

Nothing else too notable these past few days, however as the event was just over, I did transfer a big anount of Gym throwaways I was using to save up on Revives. This also opened up a lot of useful space for Community Day. Considering I've also got lots of Poke Balls/Berries already, I'm very prepared and good to go :D I probably won't be grinding too much until then, unless we get some very nice event all over again.

New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 3018
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Golem 2902, Ho-oh 2752/2684, Charizard 2421/2413/2413/2372/2321/2246 (Shiny), Mewtwo 2239, Latios 2052/2022, Dodrio 2002
New Shiny Pokemon: Charizard 2246, Charmeleon 1252, Charmander 672/609/549/525/301/267
Raids: 4 Latios, 3 caught, now 8/11. 2 Ho-oh, both caught, now 11/20.

Tuesday, March 15th (7th EX Raid)
Went to the seaside park as my EX Raid would take place there. Did it, caught Mewtwo 2239 easily. Nothing too notable anymore unfortunately, being 7th overall, but still good enough for the Candy and extra rewards. Its IV spread is 10/15/15 89% which is amusing in its own unfortunate way, considering Attack is the most important stat for Mewtwo.
A Latios Raid (1) spawned nearby, did it. Got a 98% Latios 2076 but despite my best efforts it fled :( First I miss a 96%, now this... It's even worse considering it is only those that I ended up missing pretty much.
Nothing else too notable for the day, didn't play much for a while as it was weekdays, Special Battle Showdown was over, I needed some time for other activities and rest.

Wednesday, March 16th

Did my daily Latios Raid (2), caught Latios 2052. 89% 12/13/15. Not too bad but I got a 91% 14 Attack. Still a keep, however.
Nothing else too notable for the day either, just daily objectives.

Thursday, March 17th

Did my daily Latios Raid (3), caught Latios 2022. 78% 12/13/10, not that remarkable but still a keep for being in my Top 6 best caught.
Also found a high CP Rhyhorn on the way, evolved into Rhydon 3018, my best so far.

Friday, March 18th

As soon as midnight hit, I did my third Research Breakthrough for the month and caught Zapdos 1411 which is 91% 14/12/15, my best so far :)
In the day I did my daily Latios Raid (4) once again, got a very low IV one which I caught with Pinap and transferred immediately.
Also found a very high CP Doduo, evolved into Dodrio and it was about 1980 CP. Powered up once, got Dodrio 2002 for the collection.

Saturday, March 19th (Community Day May - Charmander)

OK, today I played a lot! I was totally prepared, with in-game resources, equipment, everything. I just wanted to be sure that this would roll perfectly, and it did.
Long story short, I popped 5 Star Pieces and Incense and caught everything with Charmander having priority of course, all with Pinap except the Shinies with Golden Razz.
Caught a whooping 8 Shinies, new record for Community Day! Evolved the best two to have the whole evolutionary family, and here we go: Charizard 2246, Charmeleon 1252, Charmander 672/609/549/525/301/267
Also evolved 6 Blast Burn Charizard in total, of which one was the aforementioned Shiny: Charizard 2421/2413/2413/2372/2321/2246
About 150.000 Stardust as well. Nothing remarkable IV wise, but I don't mind. I'd say today was my best Community Day so far, considering I also have lots of Candy saved for eventual powerups on the Charizard I evolved.

Soon after the event was over, a Ho-oh Raid spawned nearby, and as it was weather boosted too, of course I'd go for it and hope for a Shiny. I didn't get the Shiny, but I caught Ho-oh 2752 rather easily, so I'm glad.
A bit later in the day, another Ho-oh Raid spawned and I did that too, using a Premium Raid Pass. Caught Ho-oh 2684 easily as well, no Shiny once again however.
I also got a very lucky 96% Level 34 Graveler catch, with 15 Attack too (meaning it can hit the final breakpoint on Ho-Oh on neutral weather). So of course I evolved and maxxed out immediately as I have the resources, and thus got Golem 2902.

And that was it for the day, no other Ho-oh Raids spawned, so I came back home for some weekend rest. Hoping for more Ho-oh Raids tomorrow, and getting that Shiny so I can stop hunting it down.

By sheer luck did I meet a group about to do a legendary raid today. Of course I joined and thus I could finally catch my first legendary Pokemon; Ho-oh! (CP: 2187, IVs: 13/13/13) I kept throwing great curve balls and feeding it golden razz berries but Ho-oh kept popping out. It came down to the last ball to do the trick. *phew!*

New 2000+ CP Pokemon: Ho-oh 2736/2730/2727/2715/2711/2707, Donphan 2707, Rhydon 2169(100%), Latios 2043/2040, Dragonite 2016
New 100% IV Pokemon: Exploud 579, Rhydon 2169
+100 Bag Space
Raids: 3 Latios, all caught, now 11/14. 8 Ho-oh, 7 caught, now 18/28.

Sunday, May 20th
Didn't play too much for the day, just did a daily Latios Raid (1), caught Latios 2040. And the rest of the daily objectives.

Monday, May 21st
Did my daily Latios Raid (2), caught Latios 2043.
And then a lucky Dragonite 2016 spawned nearby and I caught it :D First wild Dragonite catch ever. I don't plan to invest on it anytime soon, though.
Weather changed to Sunny, Ho-oh Raid (1) spawned nearby, did it and caught Ho-oh 2715.

Tuesday, May 22nd
Did my daily Ho-oh Raid (2), caught a low IV level 20 Ho-oh with Pinap, transferred it.

Wednesday, May 23rd
Did my daily Latios Raid (3), caught Latios 2042.
Got a lucky 100% Whismur catch soon after, evolved into Exploud 579.

Thursday, May 24th (The Sunny Day)
Today it was all Sunny, and I managed to do 6 Ho-oh Raids, caught 5. Ho-oh 2711/2736/2727/2707/2730 in that order. A very tiring day but it is somewhat paid off; still no Shiny though :(
And to finish off this great day, 100% Rhyhorn spawn which I evolved into Rhydon 2169 and plan to power up soon, and high CP Phanpy which I evolved into Donphan 2707, my best so far, with the correct Counter/Play Rough moveset for defense :)
Then the event started but it was too late so I didn't do much.
Midnight into Friday, I got my 4th Zapdos from Research Breakthrough, caught with Pinap; 1406 CP 89% 13/12/15

New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Rhydon 3300 (100% maxxed)
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Zapdos 2825, Mewtwo 2762, Ho-oh 2757/2744/2735/2710/2699/2694/2667, Latios 2576/2532/2517, Alolan Exeggutor 2571/2531/2531/2525/2504/2499/2496/2495/2494/2491/2482/2471/2466/2458/2442/2440/2412/2386/2377/2377/2354/2343/2301/2240/2205/2127/2122/2105/2020
New Shiny Pokemon: Altaria 1570
New 100% IV Pokemon: Omanyte 538
Raids: 4 Latios, all caught, now 15/18. 9 Ho-oh, 7 caught, now 25/37.

Sorry for the late update but it's been a while once again and I've done a lot.

Friday, May 25th
Did my daily Latios Raid (1), got a mediocre IV one which I caught and soon transferred.
Did the rest of the daily objectives, not much else as I didn't have time.

Saturday, May 26th (Windy Day 1)
We got a little bout of Windy, so it was my ideal chance to catch up on Latios. I did my daily Latios Raid (2) and caught the weather-boosted Latios 2517. Bad IV but it could do, having one was a major relief as I no longer needed Rare Candy to hit Level 30 on one, which means I could focus on Ho-oh Shiny hunting instead.
Windy didn't last long, and I didn't have much time either, so I just did the rest of the daily objectives.

Sunday, May 27th
Saved my daily Pass for the next day as I didn't have much time. Did the rest of the daily objectives.

Monday, May 28th (The Sun Returns)
Got Sunny again, did 2 Ho-oh Raids (2). Caught Ho-oh 2757/2710. Didn't have time for more, unfortuantely :(
Did the rest of the daily objectives, not much else.

Tuesday, May 29th (8th EX Raid, The Great Windy Day)
Went to the EX Gym ahead of time, weather changed to Windy exactly as the Raid hatched. Caught my first ever weather-boosted Mewtwo 2762.
Immediately left for the city centre to take advantage of the weather. Did 2 Latios Raids (4) and caught both weather-boosted Latios 2576/2532. The former's a 89 15/10/15 and my best powerup candidate so far. Also did 3 Ho-oh Raids (5) and caught Ho-oh 2699/2694/2667, the latter of which is 66% 10/10/10 :) Worst possible but still rare as an 100%, fourth legendary of that kind I get (after Kyogre, Shiny Lugia and Latias).
Later in the day, I got a shiny Swablu which I eventually evolved into Altaria 1570. Unfortunately it appears my Shiny luck is extinguished in non-event ones which I already have...

Wednesday, May 30th (Exeggutor Appears)
Did a Ho-oh Raid (6), caught Ho-oh 2735 as the weather is now consistently Sunny.
Caught lots of Exeggutor, eventually I only kept the 2000+ ones and a lower level 91% which is my best IV. More details later.

Thursday, May 31th
Did a Ho-oh Raid (7), but it fled :(
Caught some more Exeggutor, did the dailies, not much else.

Friday, June 1st
Midnight's in, Field Research Breakthrough, 5th and final Zapdos caught with Pinap. Best one powered up to Level 30, Zapdos 2825 is in.
Did a Ho-oh Raid (8), but it also fled :(
Caught some more Exeggutor, did the dailies, walked around and did some Field Research Tasks while also walking my Buddy Larvitar to make use of the event... because of all the powerup tasks, I ended up maxxing out my 100% Rhydon already, so Rhydon 3300 is in.

Saturday, June 2nd
Did a Ho-oh Raid (9), caught Ho-oh 2744.
Caught my final bunch of Exeggutor before they dissapeared.
So all I've got and am keeping for now (as they're legacy): Alolan Exeggutor 2571/2531/2531/2525/2504/2499/2496/2495/2494/2491/2482/2471/2466/2458/2442/2440/2412/2386/2377/2377/2354/2343/2301/2240/2205/2127/2122/2105/2020. Yeah, that's 29 2000+ CP Exeggutor, plus a 30th for the good IV. Wow :D

Made a research breakthrough and caught Articuno. The damn bird wasted a lot of Ultra Balls before getting caught in a Poke Ball. I wanted to use a Pinap Berry for more candies, but I ended up using Golden Razz berries to catch it.

New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Ho-oh 2721, Blissey 2630
New Shiny Pokemon: Aerodactyl 1095
New 100% IV Pokemon: Warortle 567
Raids: 2 Ho-oh, both caught. Now at 27/39

Sunday, June 3rd
This was a very eventful day.
Weather was Partly Cloudy earlier in the day, which is somewhat bittersweet as Ho-oh is not boosted but all the Rock spawns of the event are.

I used my daily Raid Pass to do a Ho-oh Raid (1) and caught a non-boosted bad IV one which I transferred. As I had no intention to keep it, I tried to catch it with Pinap all the way down to 5 Premier Balls left (this ensures maximum Candy statistically for Curveball Great throws), but unfortunately it would break out. As soon as I switched to Golden Razz it got caught, though :)

I could also buy a Premium Raid Pass off the Coins I make out of the daily collector bonus from Gyms, but held off on that until we'd get Sunny or Windy weather again. Hoping the weather would change again later in the day, and as I had time being Sunday, I decided to stick around a while and complete some more Field Research Tasks than usual to work on my Pokemon Ranger Gold Medal etc. And then:
And last but not least, today, from a "Win a Gym Battle" Field Research Task, 100% Squirtle! Evolved immediately into Wartortle 567 and waiting out for July Community Day which is most likely going to be Squirtle, according to the pattern so far. So hyped for 100% Hydro Cannon Blastoise!
So Wartortle 567 is in :D

And a bit later, from another Task:
Got Aerodactyl 1095 from Field Research :D
I've been hunting down the Tasks that have it as a reward this event, to a large part thanks to a croud-sourced map we have for these downtown. Took me about 25 attempts.
Finally one of the Shinies that are corresponding to current events, instead of more random Swablus :) I can rest assured that all the Shiny hunting I've done these past few days is not totally in vain, I got at least one of the target 5. Hopefully I can get just a bit more with what little time I've left.
Aerodactyl 1095 is in too.

Finally:
Got a pretty nice hatch today.

10km, Chansey. Gave me enough Candy to evolve a high level one I had, which now means I have 3 useful Blissey to put as defenders.
And there you got it, Blissey 2630.

Eventually the weather became Sunny again, I did another Ho-oh Raid (2) and caught Ho-oh 2721.

I might still not be getting that elusive golden Ho-oh but I had two very lucky moments today with Squirtle and Aerodactyl, so I'm glad :D

Back
Top Bottom