• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Latios 3195, Mewtwo 3093
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Aggron 2696 (Shiny), Mewtwo 2216
New Shiny Pokemon: Aerodactyl 1100, Aggron 2696
New 100% IV Pokemon: Staryu 397
Raids: 4 Ho-oh, 3 caught, now up to 30/43
EX Raids: 1 Mewtwo caught, now up to 9/9

Monday, June 4th
Did a daily Ho-oh Raid (1), weather was Partly Cloudy, caught it but transferred it as it was bad IV and I have several weather-boosted ones.
Weather later switched to Sunny, did another Ho-oh Raid (2) with a Premium Raid Pass I bought off Coins from Gyms, missed this weather-boosted one :(
My luck did turn around later though when I got a second shiny Aerodactyl 1100 from Field Research.

Tuesday, June 5th (Adventure Week Ends)
Did a daily Ho-oh Raid (3), weather was Partly Cloudy, caught it but transferred.
Nothing else notable for the day, I did walk around, complete Field Research Tasks, shiny check... but nothing, until event just ended.

Back at home, with Latios gone, I decided to power up my weather-boosted 89 15/10/15 as long as my Candy could take it (as I'd not invest any Rare Candy), which is level 32... so Latios 3195! WOW now it has the exact same CP as my best Latias. Talk about twin connection :D They're most likely staying at these levels forever, this is so awesome.
I also powered up my weather-boosted Mewtwo from last week to the final Psycho Cut breakpoint VS itself (Level 27.5) so it could see some use on the upcoming EX Raid. So Mewtwo 3093 is also in (it now is Level 28).
Unfortunately my Stardust has taken a huge blow out of this all, and it's been a while since Earth Day's and Charmander Community Day's nice triple bonus, so I don't have any reliable way (or time) to recover it :(

Wednesday, June 6th (9th EX Raid)
Showed up a little earlier for the EX Raid...
Weather was Partly Cloudy, an Aron spawned nearby, might as well shiny check it... WOAH its eyes are red! Seriously, RNG?! I've checked hundreds of Aron the entire event and you'd not give out a single Shiny, but first Aron I check right the next day after it's over nailed it? Not that I'd complain, of course I'll take it! And it was high CP too, immediately evolved into Aggron 2696, which is my second best after the maxxed 100%.
OK, great start for the day, might as well do some Field Research while waiting around. "Power up Pokemon 3 times" for a Staryu encounter. Piece of cake, let's see if we roll any good IV... WOAH Staryu 397?! Yup, that's most certainly 100, I actually memorized it because some other players have posted it in our local chat the previous night. Thanks so much RNG! :D

... the rest of the day didn't go that well. Sure, EX Raid happened, caught Mewtwo 2216 quite easily... but IVs are meh. Used the 3 Candy plus 1 Rare to power up the other Mewtwo to level 28.
Also did the daily Ho-oh Raid (4), weather was Partly Cloudy, caught it but transferred. I've only got two more Passes left (tomorrow's daily and a Premium from Gyms), and the chances of getting the Shiny in time are dwindling more and more :(

Joined my brother on three raids. He caught a shiny Ho-oh. Lots of people in the raid were jealous, including myself.

The second time, he got a shiny Kyogre. Same people who were around were once again jealous, including myself.

The third time, no shinies, but we did have a little old lady in her 70s tell us "Go away! You get all the shinies!"

Managed to snag a Qwilfish and Ralts on the way home which was pretty cool! Never seen those two before.

Super bored of hatching Squirtle though ugh...

New species: Articuno
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Ho-oh 2740, Kyogre 2303/2300/2300, Mewtwo 2244/2235, Grumpig 2008
New Shiny Pokemon: Shellder 529
+50 Storage Space
Raids: 2 Ho-oh, 1 caught, FINAL SCORE 31/45. 9 Kyogre, 5 caught, now 23/41
EX Raids: 2 Mewtwo, both caught now 11/11

Thursday, June 7th (Last Day of Ho-oh)
Did my daily Ho-oh Raid (1), caught Ho-oh 2740. No Shiny though, so I felt like giving it one last chance by using up the Coins I got from Gyms for a final Premium Raid Pass.
Did another Ho-oh Raid (2) indeed, no Shiny again, and I missed the catch too :( Alas, that was it for Ho-oh; no Shiny or better IVs than the 96 I had, I still used the Candy to power up my 96 to 3704 CP however, where it now is #4 above Mewtwo.
Nothing else notable for the day; there was no ongoing event anyway. Water Festival got announced later in the day however, and I went back home to prepare my Kyogre counters and rest a bit, for the upcoming Stardust grind would be steep.

WATER FESTIVAL 2018
Friday, June 8th

Midnight into Friday, Field Research Breakthrough, caught my first Articuno! That's it, I'm now totally caught up with my regional-available Pokedex. The four legendaries I missed, I miss no more. For the record it was 87% 11/14/14 1227 CP meh, hoping for something better in my next three attempts.
Immediately after that, I used up a fair share of Rare Candy on it (after calculating how much I'll need to get it to Level 30 by the end of the month) so I could also empty up much needed Bag Space for the event.
My Storage Space was also a bit limited, so I felt like going for 2*100 Coins microtransactions in order to get +50 Storage Space.

In the morning, did my daily Kyogre Raid (1), caught Kyogre 2300. I figured it'd be somewhat good so I avoided Pinap and went straight for Golden Razz, apparently it's 89% 15/14/11, which is not too bad, although I have a 87% 15 Atk Weather-Boosted I'd rather power up instead. Still, a fine enough start to Kyogre's third run.

Nothing else too notable for the day; just lots of Stardust grind...

Saturday, June 9th
Did my daily Kyogre Raid (2) but missed the catch (although I used Pinap until the last 5 throws where I switch to Golden Razz). Also used up a Premium Raid Pass from Gym Coins for another Kyogre Raid (3) which I missed too :( Not so good luck here.

Sunday, June 10th
Did my daily Kyogre Raid (4) and missed the catch for the third time in a row; it started getting annoying :(
Thankfully luck did turn around a bit as soon after, while grinding Stardust, I got Shiny Shellder 529. Which is 82% 15/10/12, quite good for a Shiny. Waiting out on the evolution until event's end in case I get a better one though, else this is so becoming a Cloyster.

Monday, June 11th (Windy Day, seaside park)
Did my daily Kyogre Raid (5) and bumped upon another Kyogre 2300. Figured I should go for Golden Razz, it got caught, but this one actually is 87% 15/10/14 which surprised me a bit. Compared to the first one, they share exact CP and attack IV but in between defense/HP there's a whole point of difference that is still written off like it's nothing; the distribution of Pokemon's bulk can be very weird at times...
Anyway, used up a Premium Raid Pass as usual every other day, did another Kyogre Raid (6), got a bad IV one which I tried to catch with Pinap... and it worked :D So luck did turn around here, at last.

Later on, the weather switched to Windy, and for the first time in a long while it did not mean red alert of hunting down weather-boosted legendaries; it is a great time to hit the seaside park and hope for some good Dratini/Bagon/Beldum, though! That I did; unfortunately I didn't get much, but going there instead of downtown helped with the Stardust grind a lot. It is way more tiring, however, 0/10 would not do again for a while.
A nice thing I did get there, however, thanks to the Spoink nest and boosting weather, was Grumpig 2008 which I evolved off the highest CP Spoink I could get. Another 2000+ species for the collection.

Tuesday, June 12th
Did my daily Kyogre Raid (7), got a bad IV one, tried to catch with Pinap until last 5 throws, didn't work, went for Golden Razz, it got caught, immediately transferred.

Wednesday, June 13th (10th and 11th EX Raid)
I had 2 EX Raids in adjacent hours, showed up early for the first, did it as soon as possible (first group), caught Mewtwo 2244. Meh bad IV but I'll take the Candy to use on the other one I'm powering up now.
Anyway, immediately rushed to the second EX location as I didn't have much time in between, did that too. Caught Mewtwo 2235, even worse IV :( But still, it's all nice Candy and free rewards, besides it just feels cool to have 11 freaking Mewtwo! :D
Kyogre Raid (8) spawned near the second EX and almost the entire group went for that too. Got a bad IV, failed the catch. But I don't mind that much unlike those three-in-a-row early on.
Did another Kyogre Raid (9) later, got a Kyogre 2303 out of this, which I caught with Golden Razz :) It's a 91% 13/13/15 which is nice, although that 13 Atk still hurts a bit. I probably won't power this one up either, but I don't feel like transferring it.

And with this I've reached the halfway point of the event, with 2.900 catches for a week. The softban limit is 3.500 but I unfortunately I couldn't approach it any closer because of other commitments. If I were to push myself more perhaps I could, but I didn't feel like it, this is good enough and didn't feel nearly as tedious as the Earth event weekly grind did. Here's to one more week of more Stardust grind and hoping I get a pink 'Ogre already :D

I had completely forgotten about Larvitar day. When I turned on the game, it announced that due to server errors the event was extended for two hours. I saw that I only had an hour and a half left, so I got on a bus to get to the mall.

As expected, there were a bunch of people at the mall and every single PokeStop was lured. I used my incenses and caught a bunch of Larvitars. I accumulated enough candies to get both a regular top-notch Tyranitar and a shiny one.

I also participated in a Kyogre raid, but I was unable to catch it. I did get a Mawile though and registered it in my dex.

I had a fun time catching pokemon again. The game lagged due to the sheer number of people playing GO, but it wasn't much of a big deal.

I've been back from Larvitar day, and oh boy, it was nuts. And by nuts, I mean EPIC. With a co-worker I walked around a park for the full three hours doing nothing but catching Larvitars. I started the day with 386 Larvitar candy and one good Larvitar I wanted to evolve (91% IV). I ended the day with SEVEN Tyranitars, two of them are Shiny. I got about 130 candy left and no star dust. I kept using incense and lucky eggs and star pieces. It paid off big time.

Click here to see screenshots of my new epic friends. Needless to say, I was greatly looking forward to this day and I'm very pleased. :cool:

Oh, I also participated in a Kyogre raid, but didn't catch the little sea devil. My God, that Kyogre is strong! I'm level 35 and I've got pretty nice monnies, but those went down pretty fast, even with 19 other people battling! Crazy day.

I got about 10 Larvitars left, including 4 shiny, that are also high in IV but as I'm saving stardust and candy for the Tyranitars I already got, those will probably not evolve.

I had completely forgotten about Larvitar day. When I turned on the game, it announced that due to server errors the event was extended for two hours. I saw that I only had an hour and a half left, so I got on a bus to get to the mall.
Extended? Oh wow, that didn't happen in my area even though plenty of people experienced connection issues. Strangely, considering all of the crashing Pokémon Go does on my device I had little to no crashes or freezes and that's a first.

Funny thing happened the other day, I bumped into a wild Lapras, flung loads of balls and berries at it, then it fled. About half hour later one of my eggs hatched into a Lapras lol.

Managed to snag a bunch of Larvitar on a hour walk this morning. One of which was shiny with 12 CP lol. I think I must have seen a second shiny, because I have both male and female shinies registered in the Pokedex, but I only have male for Pupitar after I evolved it. Dunno what happened to the second one then.

New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Tyranitar 3286/3170/3103/3056/3050/3017 (Shiny), Zapdos 3013, Moltres 3007
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Kyogre 2298 (Shiny)
New Shiny Pokemon: Tyranitar 3017/Pupitar 1149/Larvitar 409/367/188/55, Kyogre 2298, Shellder 241
Raids: 5 Kyogre, 3 caught, now 26/46

Thursday, June 14th
Did a daily Kyogre Raid (1), bad IV, caught with Pinap, transferred.
Nothing much else notable for the day, just grinding Stardust.

Friday, June 15th
Did a daily Kyogre Raid (2), bad IV, tried to catch with Pinap and then Golden Razz, missed it :(
Used a Premium Raid Pass from Gym Coins for another Kyogre Raid (3), again bad IV, tried to catch with Pinap, had to switch to Golden Razz for the last few throws, caught for 3 Candy and transferred.

Saturday, June 16th (Community Day: June - Larvitar)
Woke up early in the morning, went to the park where we scheduled the meetup.
Filled up my Bag thanks to all the PokeStop spins. I also used up a lot of my Rare Candy on Zapdos and Moltres to get them barely past the 3000+ CP mark, to Zapdos 3013 and Moltres 3007 respectively; this emptied up some more Bag space I could then fill with Poke Balls/Berries. I don't mind the Rare Candy being used up, getting the legendary birds past 3000+ was something I always wanted to do but just didn't dare sooner, besides it's not really useless, I still have enough for Kyogre/Articuno and will eventually get more.

Eventually the time did come and the actual 3-hour event kicked in. I started off with 482 Larvitar Candy and reached 1285 at my peak, before using up most of it on evolutions and powerups; I'm now back at 476. I evolved my 6 best Larvitar and then subsequently powered up a little, if needed, to hit 3000+ CP and at least level 30, which got me Tyranitar 3286/3170/3103/3056/3050/3017 (Shiny). I now have 12 3000+ CP Tyranitar, 6 with Bite/Crunch and 6 with Smack Down/Stone Edge.
Speaking of Shinies, I also got 6. Best one got evolved and powered up into aforementioned Tyranitar 3017, second best evolved into Pupitar, last four left as are. So Tyranitar 3017/Pupitar 1149/Larvitar 409/367/188/55.
I did not roll any really good IVs but I still have a brand new Rock-type Top 6 and some spare Candy to power up any Tyranitar further whenever it is needed. Of course in the long run I'll need way more Candy, but for now I'm fine. So I also switched my Buddy to Bulbasaur for the time being as I'm still missing some Candy there to max out my third (and final for my Grass Top 6/Kyogre counter needs) Frenzy Plant Venusaur. Wish I'd visited that Bulbasaur nest one more session back then around its CD in March, alas :(

Anyway, soon after the 3-hour window ended almost everyone around moved over to a nearby Kyogre Raid (4), and I got a Shiny Kyogre 2298 out of it! Great day! Caught with Pinap of course, as it has 100% catch rate. To make things better, my best friend also got his Shiny at the very same Raid which is just amazing, we were hunting them down together all this time and then this happened... This is a big relief for both of us, basically the Gym Coins' Premium Raid Passes stop here.

After said Raid we also took a meetup photo and handed out community badges, then some of us moved over to another location and put up some Lures on PokeStops to keep grinding Stardust thanks to the Water Festival until late in the night; the increased catch rate that applied the entire day (at the very least until the 3-hour window was over in the Americas) only made this grind way more easier and comfortable, it was very worth it!

Overall this has been one of my greatest days in GO so far, I had so much fun! Probably the best of the six so far, with Larvitar > Dratini > Charmander > Bulbasaur > Mareep > Pikachu in that order.

Sunday, June 17th
Did a daily Kyogre Raid (5), bad IV, tried to catch with Pinap and then Golden Razz, missed it :(
While grinding Stardust by the Lured PokeStops, I got another Shiny Shellder 241! It's been exactly a week since the first one, it was last Sunday, I'm going to make Shiny Shellder Sundays a thing :D See you on the 24th (I'd wish, but without the Water Festival it will be very unlikely at that point :p) In any case, with this one sticking around, I felt comfortable evolving the first one which was better level and IV so I could also have Shiny Cloyster.

New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Kyogre 2310
New 100% IV Pokemon: Quagsire 716
Raid: Kyogre, caught, now 27/47

Monday, June 18th
Did my daily Kyogre Raid and caught Kyogre 2310 which is 93% 15/15/12, my best candidate so far :D
Just grinded Stardust for the rest of the day, but bumped upon a lucky 100% Wooper which I evolved into Quagsire 716.

I only have a few more Pokemon to catch and evolve before I'm done with the Hoenn dex minus regionals. I have the candy to evolve to a Slaking, Gardevoir and Metagross but I haven't found a good candidate to spend the candy on yet.

Other than that it's just that pesky Wynaut :cry:

New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Kyogre 2299
Raid: Kyogre, caught

Tuesday, June 19th
Did the daily Kyogre Raid, got Kyogre 2299, used Pinap because I thought it would not be better than what I already have... it got caught, and then I figured out it's actually 87% 15 Atk that surpassed my previous keep of 2294, so I transferred that instead. Now I have 6 with 15 Atk.
Nothing much else for the rest of the day, just grinding Stardust.

Did an excellent curveball throw research task today and earned an Absol. Pretty pleased with myself, because it took me ages to get it right lol.

New species (caught): Solrock
New species (seen, only :( well, for now): Regice
New 3000+ CP Pokemon: Kyogre 3563
New notable 2000+ CP Pokemon: Gyarados 2915, Mewtwo 2218
+50 Bag Space
Raids: 2 Kyogre, both caught, now 30/50. Regice, fled, now 0/1 :(
EX Raids: Mewtwo, caught, now 12/12
Alolan dex entries: Meowth, Persian

Wednesday, June 20th
Did the daily Kyogre Raid (1), bad IV, caught with Pinap and transferred.
Grinded Stardust for the rest of the day, nothing else notable.

Thursday, June 21st (12th EX Raid, Water Festival ends)
Did my 12th EX Raid, caught Mewtwo 2218 :D
Did my daily Kyogre Raid (2), bad IV, caught with Golden Razz after I got below 5 throws, transferred. Final score 30/50 :) Nice round numbers, it also marks the highest count I've got after Rayquaza (yeah nothing's gonna get even close to that one :p)
Grinded Stardust until event's end, and then...

BOOM! Event is over, friendship/trading is in, Regice is coming! Lots of things I had to take care of.
Added lots of people to my friends list, started sending/recieving Gifts before midnight to get that first day registered for the Friendship Level etc.

Friday, June 22nd
MIDNIGHT. Research Breakthrough, Articuno #3. Bad IV, caught with Pinap.
Added some more friends to the list, powered up Kyogre 3563 as my best possible with the Candy I've got these 15 days, started preparing Regice counters.
Long story short, I ended up maxxing out 4 Blast Burn Charizard and 2 Smack Down Tyranitar. And this is how I dropped from my record number of over 1.000.000 Stardust! (by the end of the Water Festival) all the way down to 300.000 all over again :(
But now my Fire, Rock and Fighting teams are all as perfect they can get :D Regice, here I come!

In the morning, I started getting more Gifts and sharing around while also receiving several until I hit my cap of 20 per day. Got a 7km Egg out of this, which eventually hatched into Alolan Meowth and then immediately evolved into Alolan Persian (thankfully Candies are shared among all variants of the species). So there go these two forms in my dex.

Also caught a nearby Solrock, being the only shadow in my dex it wasn't too hard.

Also did my daily Regice Raid (1) bad IV and unfortunately I didn't even catch, so I get held off on this register :( Hopefully tomorrow.
The only other notable thing I did was evolving my best Magikarp, a high level 96% one, to Gyarados 2915 since it is my current power up-based Field Research candidate and is only bound to get further up on the way to its max. With using up all Larvitar and Charmander Candy, I don't have any better options.

So... Today's my Pokemon GO Renaissance after being on a hiatus.
Caught two tochic in a row, I have an Alolan Exeggutor now which outclasses my regular one. I have 3 eggs on the brink of hatching, and one of them is now a proud Skarmory!

Opened a gift and ended up with a 7km egg! I'm refraining from opening other gifts since all 9 egg slots of mine are currently full and I don’t want to miss any possible Alolans.

Thanks to everyone who sent me a gift! I'll try to return them as quickly as possible when I go out again today! The friends feature has given a new life to the game imo now I can connect with some people.
I can’t trade though because of the GO 'fad' dying out here :(

Didn't do much today, but did get some new stuff: evolved an Eevee to Umbreon, and caught Stantler and Alolan Rattata (now a chubby-cheeked Raticate). Also found a spot that kept spawning Teddiursa, which was pretty cool since I don't see them very often.

Tomorrow is another 7 day streak, so hopefully I'll get another King's Rock for Politoed, or a Metal Coat for Onix.

My previous eggs hatched: a Geodude, not great... and a Smoochum! I didn’t have a smoochum before so it was a nice hatch.
I had no luck finding Alolan ratatta, but caught a few regular ones to obtain candies for my future A-Ratatta. There was also a sudden influx in the appearance of Whismur, so I caught a few to progress towards Exploud.
Current buddy Pokemon is Magikarp since it’s walking distance is low and my current task for the Mew Quest is to get buddy candy.

I currently have 4 Alolan eggs. It's a nice touch to see the origin countries of these eggs! I currently have two Japanese eggs,a French one, one from the US.

Yo. Been a while. Have been playing the whole time but havent been posting. Recently had some luck during the rock event. Ended up getting shinies of Kabuto, Ho-oh, and on the same day 2 Aerodactyl. Not so much during the water event but got shiny Kyogre. Have hatched a bunch of friend eggs and gotten 1 Sandshrew, 2 Grimer, and about 8 Meowth. Did finally finish my non regional dex today as I finally got a 90%+ Feebas during the water event and evolved it to Milotic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom