• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I have done three Giratina raids thus far, the first two weren't 100% (you can tell by the CP) and ran away. That's a bugger, but I got some rare candy, XP, Golden Raz berries and some TMs so that's profit. Just before leaving for home I did another Giratina raid. With success.

PDgjREp.jpg

:D:)

I finished the Spritomb research challenge last night, I have to say capturing 108 Pokemon was exhausting. Like ten of those bastards were Ditto who like to break out of Pokeballs.

I also evolved a Feebas into Milotic.

And I don't know where else to say this, but I cannot say how utterly lame it is and how disappointed I am that Shedinja is next month's Pokemon for the 7 day research task thingy. I will capture one to fill the Pokedex slot but come on, couldn't we have Ho-Oh or Lugia?

And I don't know where else to say this, but I cannot say how utterly lame it is and how disappointed I am that Shedinja is next month's Pokemon for the 7 day research task thingy. I will capture one to fill the Pokedex slot but come on, couldn't we have Ho-Oh or Lugia?
Agreed, a special research would have suited the Pokémon better, considering how it is acquired in the handheld games.
And Ho-Oh or Lugia as field research breakthrough? Oh hell yeah!

Agreed, a special research would have suited the Pokémon better, considering how it is acquired in the handheld games.
And Ho-Oh or Lugia as field research breakthrough? Oh hell yeah!

I'm really irritated with Niantic right now. I was one of several people who got the Moltres glitch instead of Shedinja. I already have like six Moltres, I wouldn't be so bitter about it if I had at least gotten a shiny Moltres like several people did in that time. I messaged Niantic support about it and of course they are ignoring me. I would be less annoyed if they weren't acting as if nothing ever happened.

But on a happier note, I caught a Shinx raid this morning and got myself a cute little Shinx :D

International Gengar day is over; my tally is 19 Gengar raids done, 17 caught and of which are 0 shiny. But at least I caught 3 shiny Pincirs. But man, trying to land a good curve ball on Gengar was ball-crushing hard.

Gengar doesn't start here for a few hours and I'm not sure I care enough to participate, even though friendly Alan gave me a free raid pass (when I already had 60+). I love Niantic so much :)

I have added Manectric, Torterra, and Infernape to my Pokedex.

Gengar doesn't start here for a few hours and I'm not sure I care enough to participate, even though friendly Alan gave me a free raid pass (when I already had 60+). I love Niantic so much :)

I have added Manectric, Torterra, and Infernape to my Pokedex.
Then I wish you a lot of luck catching that dastardly ghost. He's a tough one, all right.

Then I wish you a lot of luck catching that dastardly ghost. He's a tough one, all right.

I only did three raids and caught one Gengar, then I lost interest and went home. I'm still really sour about getting the surprise Moltres versus Shedinja. I'm actually considering quitting GO! altogether.

I had only an hour or so for the Cyndaquil Community Day and surprisingly, I caught 5 shiny Cindaquils, including a 91%.

XpHH9Al.jpg

With a star piece and lucky egg active, I accumulated 151.000 stardust which I instantly spend to power up my two Metagross (both have meteor mash, one is a shiny) to level 40.

Before heading off to my first Deoxys raid I caught a wild Buizel, then did the raid and caught a 93,3% Deoxys (14/14/14). To round off the day, my Gotcha caught a 100% Makuhita. Noice.

Sorry it's been such a long while since I made a post in this thread, it's just that I'm making so much progress it's just overwhelming to post about it here before even more comes in and I end up drowning in information I should provide... I'll try to start off with August 23rd where I left it and slowly but steadily make it all the way to November, wow :)

Not even going to try to make a recap at the start of the post, for obvious reasons. I also didn't feel like providing any CP values up until now since I new the rebalance would mean I'd have to start from scratch anyway.

I'm just going through my Pokemon list sorting by recent to keep a sort of timeline, although some events might actually happen later.

August 23rd
Caught a Level 35 Bayleef alongside my best friend. Eventually, when we hit Best Friends just a day before Chikorita CD, we traded them and they ended up Lucky, mine 93%. During CD I evolved it into Meganium 2201 (Lucky, FP) with Frenzy Plant, my best one so far. Not planning to power up, though.

August

August 24th
Research Breakthrough, Raikou 1448 80%

August 25th
Shiny Pineco from Research! :) Evolved into Forretress 944 (Shiny) at the end of the Johto Festival
Sunny WB Alolan Marowak Raid, caught my first and only one so far, just to get the register. Not planning to do any more Raids of it, even though it is Shiny eligible now
Traded for Pilot Medal distance with a lady I frequently play with downtown, she gave me an Alolan Diglett from a 7km Egg from New Zealand which became Lucky. Evolved into Alolan Dugtrio 1048 (Lucky).
Also did a Sunny WB Ho-oh Raid since it was the special weekend, caught Ho-oh 2741

August 27th
Partly Cloudy weather, caught level 35 Ursaring 2666 wild, highest CP I got so keeping it
Also the park right next to my home was a Pinsir nest and I caught a 96% one there, which I eventually did max out for use in Rain Mewtwo/Deoxys Raids, so Pinsir 2939 (maxxed) it is

August 28th
Caught a Larvitar alongside my best friend, we eventually traded them and they became Lucky. Larvitar 343 (Lucky), staying at its base form for the time being, don't have enough Candy to invest

August 29th
Did a WB Tangela Raid, kept Tangela 1580 91% apparently
Also did an Alolan Raichu Raid and kept a 89% Alolan Raichu 1287. My first one is better so this might get traded away, but for now it's a keep
At this point I did not have the time for Tier 5s so I just solo'd any Tier 3s I could find

August 31st
Research Breakthrough, Raikou 1454 87%
Also did a Sunny WB Piloswine Raid and kept Piloswine 1663 93%
Caught a wild Rhydon 2855 and kept it because it's high level
Also did a Regirock Raid (my second ever) and kept Regirock 1738 80%
Finally, I got my first Spinda Research and completed in, managing to register Spinda (August version), in the nick of time. Spinda 505

September

September 1st
Traded a random Gligar with my best friend, got Gligar 405 (Lucky)

September 2nd
Traded a random Eevee with my best friend, got Eevee 379 (Lucky)

September 4th
Did a WB Donphan Raid, caught Donphan 2070 72%

<more soon>

I'm 2 Omanyte / Kabuto away from finishing the Meltan research mission. I have to say the only hard task was the ten raids, and the only hard thing about that is finding the raids.

Edit: completed the Meltan research and I have to say that little nutjob is probably the most underwhelming mythical ever

Last edited:
Couple of great things happened today;
- Hatched a Bagon. Bad IVs, but can't complain about the extra 18 candy.
- Hatched a 100% Gligar.
- Hatched a 98% Sneasel.
- Caught a 98% Magnemite (1047CP).
- Caught a 96% Magnemite (1234CP).
- Caught a 95,6% Kabuto (1049CP).
I know I'll end up with a couple of awesome Magnezones. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom