• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

On my way home from the shops today, there was a Dialga Raid in one of the Gyms. I need to battle in more raids to complete the Meltan research, so I figured I would do it and quit just to get meet the requirements.
As I jumped in the lobby, there were 11 other people doing the Raid! I couldn't believe, I have never seen so many people doing a Raid in my area. Plus, Dialga is one of my favourite Legendary Pokemon! I was so excited, I knew I was finally going to get my first Legendary Raid win! We took down Dialga easily. I was so excited to catch my first Dialga and my first Legendary from out with the weekly research. 17 Golden Razz Berries and 17 Premier Balls later... And no such luck. I ran out of Premier Balls and my shot at Dialga.
I was really gutted... I live in a small town and work four 12 hour shifts a week, so it's very rare that I get to participate in a Legendary Raid (it's not that often I even get out to properly play the game at all and usually complete research tasks on the way to work or the shops). I even joined a Facebook group for local players, but I can never get to Raids they organise (usually due to work or poor public transport links) and the few times I've tried to organise for a Raid myself, generally only 1 or 2 people have shown up so there's be no chance of completing the Raid (which generally leads to me getting moaned at for wasting their time).
Sorry for the long whining post... I just really hate GO at times because to finally be a part of a big raid, to finally defeat a Legendary Pokemon to then have that snatched away because I ran out of Premier Balls (after 17 tries with Golden Razz Berries) does make me feel a bit done by, as someone who is generally forced to play single player due to circumstances.

On the up side, I am glad that Lugia and Ho-oh are hanging around for another month of research. I finally bagged a Ho-oh the other week (after 3 Moltres in a row). I'm glad they are giving players, like me, who generally play alone, at least a chance of catching Legendaries by other means. Hopefully we'll eventually see Mewtwo, Dialga and all the others I've missed get released either as Research Breakthroughs or as Special Research or some other means.

Last edited:
@PamtreWC
I know exactly how that feels! Nothing more frustrating to have a legendary run away after so much effort. A while ago, I had a 100% Latias run away, a 96% Palkia did the same and yesterday a 98% Dialga ran way as well. I don't really care about shinies, I just want a single 100% legendary of each kind and that's it. The higher IVs all ran way while the lower ones I always catch. Really pissed at that. That's the idiocy of relying on chance calculations all the damn time. Then again, sometimes the game blesses you; I got a 96% shiny Lugia out of the weekly research breakthrough some weeks back.

But what do you mean with saving premier balls from previous raids?

But what do you mean with saving premier balls from previous raids?

Hahaha I don't even know why I typed that, my brain is fried haha (off-topic, I've only had 6 hours of sleep since Friday as I worked a 12 hour night shift on Saturday and I was up early today for dog training).

To bring my post back to topic - I'm going to spend some time today taking random pics of my monsters in the hopes of finding a Smeargle.[/USER][/QUOTE]

Speak of the devil...

He's only got 27CP, but he has certainly brightened today's earlier misadventure :)

EDIT: PS, excuse the laundry

Last edited:
I had a decent day yesterday. I caught 7 Bulbasaurs and I was able to evolve them. I hatched 5 eggs, with all of them being basic pokemon/pokemon I already have. I took over 3 gyms with no help. All three were originally Team Instinct (there are almost no Mystic players in my town) and Valor now has all of the gyms on the square. I'm oddly proud of yesterday, even though it wasn't the best statistically.

Got my first Regi the other day, Regice, through the weekly research. Really hoping to get Lugia before it disappears from the lineup.
Got to say though, I am really liking the random research breakthrough reward, makes me commit to it a bit more, rather than just getting one throughout the month.
I also finally have walked enough with Ralts to get my first Gardevoir! Now I have Clamperl walking with me.
Also, Scyther seem to be suddenly extremely common in my area.

The past few events of note from my side;
  • A Beldum spawned nearby, highly rare, it appeared as a shiny on my main account.
  • Two hours later caught my fourth shiny Swablu. Urgh. Really don't need another one.
  • I hatched 63 eggs last week. I think that's a record.
  • Caught a wild Metang this morning on both accounts. Always nice.
My level 26 baby account had even better luck these past few days;
  • Right after the above Beldum did a 98% Dratini hatch followed by a 100% Alolan Meowth. Then I caught two 96% Machop.
  • Caught a 93% and a 96% Dialga. About damn time, three 96% Dialga ran away before.
  • Field research breakthrough yielded a Ho-Oh. Bad IVs, not shiny, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
  • Many eggs hatched; bad IVs Beldum, Skorupi, Piplup and the like. And a 96% Misdreavus.
  • And just now I finally caught a Ditto so I can advance in the Mew and Meltan quest.

Last edited:
These last two weeks: I have hatched my first Mantyke; evolved an Electabuzz into Electivire; and caught 2 Regirock through Research Breakthrough. Hopefully I will get lucky and find Registeel (the only one I'm missing of the three) in this final week of the month.

My weekly research breakthroughs have netted me 4 Regirock in a row. I am happy with getting so many, but I am kind of wanting a bit more variety.
I managed to evolve one of my Clamperl today, into Gorebyss, and got a pretty decent Salamence out of the community day.
I also hatched a Chingling, a Mantyke and a Riolu since my last update. The only babies I'm missing now are Cleffa, Wynaut and Mime. Jr.

Frigging baby accounts get all the luck, don't they? I did 14 Latios raids today and my level 33 second account runs off with not only a shiny Latios but also a 100% Latios!

Correction; Just did raid number 17 of the day. A new record.

Last edited:
Another nutty day. The few Latios raids I did today didn't fetched me a shiny one or another 100%. After doing all those raids yesterday I just stop trying to catch Latios if he isn't 100% or shiny. I just fling the Poké ball at it and who cares if it flees. Then I made a Lucky Trade and that gave me quite a treasure; a 98% lucky Raquaza! Very pleased! Soon after a 100% Bonsly hatched. Pretty cool as well. Later in the afternoon I did some trades between my two accounts; two trades in a row got lucky and a third one followed swiftly. Although those mons weren't anywhere near 93% or better so away they went. And to finish off the day an egg hatched and out came a shiny Igglybuff.

Edit;
Did another raid after typing this intial post, second account got its second shiny. A co-worker can have it when we're best friends.

Last edited:
It's been so so long since I last made a post here, and trying to do this old-style is just going to take ages, so I'll just try a different approach.
I did post lists of all shinies, luckies, 100s and the like in the relevant threads so I'm not going to repeat myself here, so let's see what else is worth noting since September 4th:

September 7th: Caught Celebi
September 8th: Moltres Day. Did 20 raids, shiny on the 19th, best IV is 96% 14/14/15 which is now just a bit past level 30 at 3001 CP. Maxxed out my old 98% 14/15/15 Overheat Moltres so any other Moltres Candies are going to the Sky Attack 96. Not planning to power up any more as Blast Burn Blaziken is coming soon and will outclass it on the Fire side while Honchkrow is already outlcassing it on the Flying side.
September 22nd: Chikorita CD. Not much to say here other than the 12 shinies.
September 27th: Hatched Kangashkan from the Kanto regionals 7km event.

October 2nd: After much more effort, also hatched Tauros.
October 12th: Got to Best Friends with a friend from Crete (island in south Greece that's south enough to be out of Mr. Mime-land and into Tropius-land). He traded me a Tropius, which I registered.
October 17th: Generation IV is released. In less than 6 hours of play, Torterra/Infernape/Empoleon as well as Kricketune/Staraptor/Bibarel are registered.
October 19th: Did just one Shinx raid, registered it, put it as Buddy. 290.2 km walked as of now, took it out as soon as I reached 124 candies. I have 140 since though from random hatches/having to use passes on non level 5 raids.
October 21st: Beldum CD. Best IV is a Lucky 96 which got maxxed. MMMetagross is still my main go-to gym attacker.
October 23rd: Oldest Deoxys in storage, not sure if it was my first EX Raid and I either missed some weeks or transferred the bad IV Normal formes.
October 24th: Halloween event is in. Spiritomb research completed in less than 3 hours.
October 25th: Oldest Giratina-Altered in storage, weather boosted too. I think we got Windy the second day of it, so I probably traded away my first ever.

November 3rd: Gengar Day, did 20 raids and caught them all, shiny on the 17th. Best Lick/SB was a Lucky 87% unfortunately, which I did max out. Got a few more Lick/SB level 30s, the rest are still Lick/Psychic on reserve for trades.
November 4th: Pinsir weekend, 4 shinies, some luckies, eventually maxxed out 5 Pinsir as my Bug team (VS Rain Psychic). Still missing that 100% Scizor anchor though :( And yeah Yanmega max might not happen anytime soon now.
November 6th: Ponyta/Cubone 48-hour, a few shinies/hundos, nothing else noteworthy
November 10th: Cyndaquil CD, several shinies/luckies, best 98 IV, no max-outs yet
November 21st: First Mystery Box ever opened, before I completed the Meltan research
November 22nd: Oldest Cresselia in storage

December 1st: CD weekend. Lots of shinies/luckies, some good IVs, the highlight was the hundo Smack Down Tyranitar... and apparently that's the only thing I ever maxxed from all this. The rest are 96s-98s with the moves that MIGHT get powered up sometime, but that time never comes :(
December 15th: Ho-oh/Lugia Special Raid Weekend. First time Ho-oh came in I only did 25ish raids in 15 days, which in retrospect was really underwhelming compared to what I ended up doing for Groudon/Latias/Latios. Next time it came back in September I could not do more than 2 raids because of exams. So this time I planned to raid it hard and get that shiny. Thankfully it showed up in the 3rd raid, so I didn't have to try too much.
December 19th: Oldest Heatran in storage. Also got Abomasnow registered immediately with the holiday event.
December 29th: Deoxys form switches to Attack, did 2 EX Raids and caught both.

January 2nd: Oldest Munchlax in storage.
January 9th: Oldest Toxicroak in storage.
January 12th: Totodile CD. Best shinies/hours rate ever, 13 in 3. Best is Lucky 98, no maxouts yet though, considering I am soon getting to 4 maxed Kyogre and Hydro Cannon Swampert in July will outclass.
January 16th: Hoenn event kicks in, a 100% Shroomish is immediately evolved, then the hunt for Shiny Groudon begins. 3rd raid in, 100% Groudon. Powered up as soon as possible with the candies I got. Took a few more days to get the shiny, though.
January 19th: Feebas Limited Research. This one went wrong. Already had the hundo and the lucky a few days earlier, so all I went for was the shiny. Which never showed up, apparently Europe had worse rates than Americas and APAC. A few hours later, one of my friends decided to quit the game (in part due to frustration from Feebas Day), so it was a really bad day. Eventually he asked me to trade in all of his shinies and stong Pokemon, at least.
January 22th: At least Shiny Groudon got registered after 27 raids. And then weather was Rain for a few days so I remembered that hey Kyogre exists too and it's boosted. The hundo Groudon is maxxed by now, so might as well focus on hunting good IVs on Kyogre. But Kyogre's curse is a thing; considering how many other meta-relevant legendaries I have 100s of (Raikou, 3 Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Groudon, maybe Heatran? and later Giratina-Origin) or at least 98-96 (Moltres OH and SA, Palkia, Dialga), Kyogre insists on 93 15 tops, with a few 96s and 98s fleeing. I have maxxed 3 and am soon going to max a 4th for lack of better use of Rare Candies (Groudon's coming back for Earth Day, most likely), and even with lucky trades in the mix now, it STILL doesn't wanna give out at least a 13/15/15 96 :(
January 24th: After some frustration at still not hatching Riolu when some friend had 3, some bargaining and special trade scheduling and the like, I finally register a Riolu from trade. It immediately becomes Buddy and stays there for 250km.
January 25th: Next day's special trade is Mantyke.

February 1st: Purugly caught, before Glameow :)
February 3rd: Oldest Palkia in storage. Registered the first day but traded almost all of them by now.
February 4th: Lunar New Year event kicks in with boosted lucky rates and now we're trading Dragonites and Tyranitars. 100% Lucky Tyranitar Bite/Crunch, current target for powerup research
February 5th: And now we get Lucky Mewtwo too. Also that 96 Palkia that ended up getting maxxed out at the end of the month
February 7th: Oldest female Combee on storage. Can evolve into Vespiquen, just waiting in hopes of better IVs
February 16th: Swinub CD, several shinies/luckies and 3 hundos, 2 with AP 1 waiting in the December line. Put in second charge move on highest level and maxxed. (So now I only have 3 with double charge move: Electivire which was a lucky baby, hundo Dragonite with DM and Outrage and now Mamo AP/Ava)
February 18th: The 10 CP Combee now known as PVP MASTER is caught. This was just a level 1 male Combee waiting for a potential trade, but with the advent of Lucky Friends, most Best Friends ask for quick Trainer Battles using 10 CP Pokemon to increase friendships without having to send/open gifts. Bug Buzz Combee has won LOTS of Master League matches this way lol. This is not going anywhere, it's a living legend in the local community
February 20th: After 4 Mystery Boxes, Shiny Meltan is caught
February 23rd: Clamperl Research. Made a minor mistake here, was mislead that there would be no shiny so I preferred the seaside park over downtown in hopes of more Water spawns, but the stops there only supported 2h30m of research, so I ended up pretty much not questing the last 30m. Still lots of dust at least. Then we kept going with Latias Raid Week (not that the shiny would come anytime soon), until weather changed to... SNOW :O I don't even know, it wasn't even raining, but we got a few hours of Snow, and a couple of Snowy Castform.
February 26th: Smeargle is released, first trade is Lucky, not bothering with Snapshot ever again until Ash Cap Pikachu
February 27th: Barely manage to get enough Flower Crown Eevees for all the evolutions. Did I mention that Latias doesn't feel like being gold yet :(
February 28th: 44 Raids in and Latias remembers it can be shiny :D

March 5th: Oldest Dialga in storage. Registered on first day but traded most of them away
March 13th: Legendary Lunch Hour is Windy! Caught 8 weather boosted ones, best is 96 13/15/15 and eventually maxed out
March 23rd: Treecko CD, a few shinies/luckies, rather underwhelming IVs despite being Sunny all 3 hours and several trades, no maxouts because Grass Knot Roserade is better. Oh, and I hatched a Cranidos and a Shieldon among several other cool things. 4x Incubator effectiveness paid off
March 28th: Deoxys Defense debuts, register on the first EX Raid. Which means it's time to max out the best IV Deoxys Attack
March 30th: Weather Limited Research. Played all 9 hours but took a break sitting by some lured stops rather than questing it all, which meant less Lotad more Castform. 18 Castform. EIGHTEEN. Most in my city, biggest absolute number I ever got on a shiny, talk of the town for several days and so on

April 1st: Ash Cap Pikachu shows up, no shinies :(
April 3rd: We get just one hour of Windy as Giratina Origin debuts. Register as weather boosted, then never saw one again until Latios diluted all the raids. Also Bug Out event had me use 14 Incense over the week, got me lots of lucky registers and another shiny Caterpie, but nothing good IV wise. The top 6 is set in stone anyway for the type (5 maxed pinsir and a hundo Scizor waiting)
April 11th: Lucky Trades are live, I get one, trade a Giratina Origin and get 93 15, which seemed cool, until...
April 12th: 100% Giratina Origin is caught and immediately maxxed without a single Rare Candy to spare. I don't plan on powering up a second unless a second hundo shows up, because Gengar just has better damage while its bulk is respectable post-rebalance, with Deoxys being the lead now. Also did a Lucky Trade for weather boosted Kyogre, which is proably getting maxxed out as #4, despite the bad IV curse continuing
April 13th: Bagon CD. Phone got serious sudden battery issues and barely hang on for 4 hours and should just get replaced? Check. Raining all day yet the in-game weather insists it's Sunny? Check. Driving the point home that it is Sunny by giving me Shiny Growlithe and spawning more Cacnea than Bagon? Cheeeck. Took me an hour to get the first Shiny Bagon and ended up with only 4 in 250+ shiny checks when person next to me gets 16? Check :( Barely missed a hundo because of bad communication? Check. Outrage Salamence will not get powered up anyway as I have lots of other dragons? Check. At least I did get a 98 and some 96 and a 91 Shiny, but they're just staying there, below level 20... Best thing to come out of this is probably the few level 30s I'm keeping around for spare trades but serve as relobby filler for now
April 15th: New phone. This unfortunately was a must because the previous one's battery socket was just irrepairable. Wish it could have happened before Bagon CD but alas. At least Latios Week would be playable now.
April 16th: Lucky Trade, weather boosted Groudon, bad IV, don't mind, still a luckydex register and meta relevant. Also did 20 Latios Raids (new phone's great), after much annoyance I got the fateful shiny on that 20th raid. I could sleep peacefully that night :)
April 17th: Lucky Trade Rayquaza, bad IV, don't mind again. Figured I might as well spend the remanining passes on Latios since I had a monthly budget and skipped Giratina's Lunch Hour specifically so I could be prepared in case of 44-raids-and-no-shiny-itis. I got enough candy to max out one (just like with Latias heh) and called it a day
April 18th: Lucky Trade Shiny Kyogre, bad IV, but it's a lucky shiny! And yeah the curse continues
April 20th: My unluckier friends still raid Latios while I play it cool, just do the dailies and go on full mode Shuckle hunt. Not that it worked, mind you :( We throw a goodbye party later that night as several of us would have to leave for Easter Break the next day
April 21st: Just as I'm waiting to board the bus to my hometown, frustrated that I'll miss out yet another safari weekend shiny (looking at you Psyduck and Wingull) blue Shuckle be like Ash's Aipom "hey you can't leave for another region without me!"

April 22nd: And here I am. Easter break, away from the crazy university life and the even crazier GO life for about 15 days. 37 Groudon Raids in, 44 Latias Raids in and 20 Latios Raids in, I'm starting to wonder if hunting down the shinies is even worth it at this point. For Latias at least, you could argue that 40 raids = 40.000 extra Stardust so I might as well find a Best Friend willing to trade one away and get done with it.

Last edited:
The three days with Groudon have been very fruitious;
  • 1 96% Groudon.
  • 2 98% Groudon.
  • 1 100% Groudon.
  • 3 shiny Groudon.
  • 4 weatherboosted Groudon.
Oh yes, very pleased indeed! :D

My brother very kindly traded me his only Cleffa for one of my Munchlax, and I'm going to give him one of my many spare Regirock at a later date (my brother is an extremely casual player).
And this morning for my weekly research breakthrough, I finally got a Lugia! Now, from the first 151, I am only missing Mewtwo and from the second 100, I'm only missing Heracross. Hopefully in the coming weeks I can get Latias and Latinos too and be on my way to mostly completing the Hoenn Dex too.

Back
Top Bottom