• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I got invited to Regionals, which is pretty exciting! My city is hosting the only Regional within 300 miles of us, so we might get some out-of-towners (we're not even the biggest city in the state, but the city that is biggest has a notoriously bad GO community, lol) Unfortunately, we're holding our Nightmare Cup on the same day. AND it's the day before Torchic day. Dx That weekend is gonna be nuuuutss.

I'm heckin looking forward to Torchic day, though. I love Shiny Blaziken. I dunno why, it's always been one of my faves.

I recently found out I can do a Tyranitar raid with my two accounts; I've done three weatherboosted Tyra raids with over 50 seconds left so now I'm hunting Tyra raids as much as I can. Between Machamp raids, of course. Can't have too many Machamps these days.

Yesterday just as the new lure modules were released into the game, I was at the mall and some other players attached some of the new fancy lure modules to some pokestops.

So in one evolution swoop I got:

-Magnezone
-Glaceon
-Probopass
-Leafeon

And then one of my egg hatches was a shiny Ponyta. I also hatched a shiny Cleffa last week. It's precious.

Today's community day was really uneventful..

1. The time and day of week really kinda sucked because well its sunday end of day. I'm going to complain to Niantic about it.
  2. The stardust bonus was fun but wasn't really as extravagant of a bonus as the double xp and more effective incubators.
  3. Torchic has a ridiculous catch rate.

But all things said, I now have 5 Blaziken, plenty of extra candy, and someone was using an Ice lue module will caused some Snorunt to spawn, so I now have a Froslass.

Got a Leafeon and Glaceon when new Lure Modules rolled out. Got a collection of Eeveelution nicknamed after some users in USUM.
Screenshot_20190519-090653.png

Torchic CD was nice; got 13 shiny Torchic on my main account, 7 shinies on my second account. I also somehow missed a 100% Torchic, the person who was walking with me did caught it but I searched high and low but nothing. I traded all non-shiny Torchics with my second account and got several luckies, including a 98% Torchic, that's a Blaziken with Blast Burn now.

When the new lures got in I bought one of each; now I've got Probopass, several Magnezones and Glaceon and Leafeon on both accounts.

Since my last post...

I evolved a Clamperl into a Gorebyss. Still walking with the same Clamperl to build up another 50 candies and hoping to goodness that the next one evolves into a Huntail so I can move on to another Pokemon.
Weekly research breakthroughs have yielded a Latios and a Ho-oh, really hoping for Latias this week.
Like many others, I was able to finally get Magnezone, Probopass, Leafeon and Glaceon. I had some spare cash and live right next to a PokeStop and was playing immediately after it all went live. Just after I got Glaceon, a Blue Shellos appeared and I caught it as soon as I could. The next morning, and since, only Pink Shellos have been appearing in my area. Has this happened to anyone else? I also finally got another Sinnoh Stone and evolved my Tangela into Tangrowth. I also happened across a wild Purugly while walking to work yesterday (I've only come across one Glameow so far). I also hatched two Slakoth, giving me enough to finally get a Slaking, just in time for next months Community Day.
Today, I had some time to kill while waiting for my dentist appointment in the city. In the city, I finally caught a Finneon and an Overcast Cherrim. On that, I've only seen Overcast Cherrim in the wild (probably due to the typical Scottish weather), but have never seen any wild Cherubi or anyone else (like in Gyms or on my Friends List) with one. Anyone else not came across Cherubi? I also took a walk through the big park next to my dentist office (I still had an hour to kill), and oh my goodness you would have thought it was a Mantine Community Day - THERE WERE SO MANY OF THEM! I was sick seeing Mantine by the end of my walk hahaha! On a more positive note, I took on a Kirlia raid and caught it. I was looking at it thinking, it's going to take me ages to get to 100 Ralts candy for Gallade (let alone getting another Sinnoh Stone), but just at that, an egg hatched me a Ralts so I'm almost halfway there now.
Anyways, that's all for now. Tomorrow my husband and I are heading up to Pitlochry for a couple of days, to stay in a cabin near some good forest walks. Hoping to come across some monsters I don't usually see. Plus, it's right on payday, so I might put some money in and get some more Incubators, and hopefully hatch some good ones :)

@PamtreWN
I got Cherubi to spawn by using a mossy lure module. Got two of them on both accounts now.

I just came back from a Dragonite raid, not that I need another Dragonite but I could use the candy to power up my 98% one. On both accounts I caught it with a silver pinap so that's 20 candy a piece. Nice. It got better.

After the raid I traded them between my two accounts. This is what my main account got;

9Ij00mY.jpg

The joke is that my second account got the minimum IVs, 12 - 12 -12 (80%). And I don't even need another Dragonite. I already got two 100% Dragonites, two 98% Dragonites and two 96% ones besides several other high level Dragon-types.

When I got to work today a Floatzel raid was starting up across the street so took that on and caught it which was nice cause it saved me the trouble now of making a Buizel my buddy or trying to catch more of them for candy evolution purposes.

Beyond that got a Leafeon today using the "cheat" nickname method as opposed to buying a new lure module.

Against my expectations did I manage to do some Lapras raids yesterday, about 10 of them with my two accounts. My main account got the only shiny Lapras, his IVs aren't low (around 91%) and he's got the two legacy moves, Ice Shard and Ice Beam, which makes this shiny really special in my view. Very happy to have this one!

Gutted... I had some time to kill in the city yesterday and there was a Cresselia Raid going on. I was able to participate with 5 other players and we took it down. Unfortunately, I was unable to catch Cresselia, even with 12 balls, Golden Razz Berries and Great throws.
However, I did get 6 Rare Candies. I used them to get my Clamperl up to 50 Candies, but he evolved into another Gorebyss. I only have 3 Clamperl left (one of which will remain a Clamperl for my living Dex), so two more chances.
But, yeah, yesterday wasn't a great day for me in Go hahaha

Short update:

I hatched a Nincada the other day, giving me a second one and enough candy to evolve it.

Also, it's a Raikou Raid day, but I won't be going out because we've had a thunderstorm hit this afternoon (breaking through our recent heatwave). I'm at my window watching the lightning and got a notification to say that Raikou was about hahaha love it!!

Raikou Raid Day was nuts. I prepared by doing 5 Groudon raids, thanks to the current heatwave they were all weatherboosted and much to my luck I caught a 98% one! Then Raikou came along and that's where I got the biggest surprise of all;

VEYiE5m.jpg

You should have seen the look on my face when that stood before me. :lapras:

Later that day, near the end of Raikou Day, I attempted to take him on with my two accounts. I gave it three serious attempts, changed teams twice, pumped up that 98% Groudon I caught earlier but came short on a few damn seconds.

Last edited:
Today my Research Breakthrough netted me my first Groudon!! I was so happy, here's hoping I can get Latinas and Kyogre this month too.
I also got a Sinnoh Stone, so now I finally have a Yanmega. I think I have about half of the Gen 4 gross-gen evolutions now.
And, like the numpty I am, I have just realised that I no longer have my Meganium. I had hatched some Chikorita and was multi-transferring a bunch of Pokemon last night (after having had a few drinks) and I think I might have accidentally transferred my Meganium away. Still, shouldn't be too much trouble to get another one.

EDIT - I headed back out later and came across a Shiny Alolan Diglett, which is now a Dugtrio!!

Last edited:
So I did a raid in the past week where Shinx was the raid boss. Naturally it was an easy raid.. and the capture netted me my first ever raid shiny! Shiny Shinx is too adorable to evolve.

I'm almost level 39, my goal is to hit 40 before the end of the summer and then I shall really scale back how much I play the game.

I've caught so many Slakoth in the last few days, I was able to evolve my Shiny Slakoth into a Slaking and, my goodness, he is amazing!

Screenshot_20190707_164035_com.nianticlabs.pokemongo.jpg
Screenshot_20190707_163837_com.nianticlabs.pokemongo.jpg

He's the best Pokemon I've ever had, I never thought I would love a Slaking so much hahaha

I also finally caught enough Piplup to get my first Empoleon. Today, I came across another Shiny Slakoth and I'm currently trying to gather enough candy to evolve it too... Or should I keep it unevolved for my living Dex?

Oh man, it's been a while since my last update!

I went to GO Fest Chicago with TeaWest and had a blast -- stayed in the city for three days even though my tickets were for Friday. I caught I think 20 various shinies over the course of the weekend (including some new ones, Absol (level 9!), f!Snorunt, Gastly, Drifloon, and Horsea obv.), and walked something like 80km over the course of 3 days. I was so sore by the end of it, lol.

I took some time to relax, but I've been grinding out gold gyms in my area before I have to move across town -- I just got my hundredth gold gym badge, so that's really exciting! I've almost finished up with the area where I currently live.

I also led a pretty intense Raikou raid train -- we did 30 raids on foot in 3 hours. I caught 5 shinies, the best of which was a 15/14/12.

Back
Top Bottom