• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I got my very first Legendary Raid down a few days ago, and as a new player without a community here where I am at, it is such a huge milestone in my PoGo memories. It is Armored Mewtwo, but hey, it's special to me!

Today I went into the city for a little shopping therapy (been a very stressful week at work).
I was having an OK time and made it up to Level 35, but not much was happening and I had too much to carry, so I turned the game off.
Later on, I was having lunch in the train station, waiting for the train home, so I turned the game back on and about 6 eggs hatched thanks to the Adventure Sync. And one of them was a Shiny Alolan Vulpix!
After that, there was an Armoured Mewtwo raid about to start and there was about 14 other players in the lobby! We took it down very quickly and, finally, I caught my first Legendary Pokemon after a successful raid. I am so happy to finally have a Mewtwo (although I still need a regular one), but it means my Kanto Dex is finally complete!!!

After that, there was an Armoured Mewtwo raid about to start and there was about 14 other players in the lobby! We took it down very quickly and, finally, I caught my first Legendary Pokemon after a successful raid. I am so happy to finally have a Mewtwo (although I still need a regular one), but it means my Kanto Dex is finally complete!!!

Both of us started with Armored Mewtwo as our first legend raids. Bully for you! Congratulations!

There was an Alolan Raichu raid, but nobody was around. I tried battling it on my own, but the most I could do was bring it down to the yellow. I kept going at it just in case someone decided to show up and help - I only needed one more person to beat it.

I'll have to look for another raid.

I got nothing special today but I did caught a 100% Armored Mewtwo for a kid.

There was an Alolan Raichu raid, but nobody was around. I tried battling it on my own, but the most I could do was bring it down to the yellow. I kept going at it just in case someone decided to show up and help - I only needed one more person to beat it.

I'll have to look for another raid.
For reference, I managed to take down Alola Raichu solo at level 36 with three Rhyperiors (or Rhydons, can't remember precisely) with mud slap and earth quake. But that was somewhere last year, though.

Last edited:
Saw an Armored Mewtwo Raid and went to participate. It was a busy commercial area, so I expected a lot of participants. There were at least 5 others waiting by the time I reached that place, so I entered.

However, by the time the battle started, nobody else joined. What's else, none of the participants were on the battle field - just waiting in the lobby. I don't know what was going on, but after a few moments of seeing Mewtwo's HP unchanged, I also left the battle. It was really confusing.

Saw an Armored Mewtwo Raid and went to participate. It was a busy commercial area, so I expected a lot of participants. There were at least 5 others waiting by the time I reached that place, so I entered.

However, by the time the battle started, nobody else joined. What's else, none of the participants were on the battle field - just waiting in the lobby. I don't know what was going on, but after a few moments of seeing Mewtwo's HP unchanged, I also left the battle. It was really confusing.

Is it possible that they could have been private grouping?

For some really bizarre reason, I encountered a wild Castform.

In its regular form.

In the rain.

This happens to me all the time, I keep finding rainy Castform spawning next to Cherrim's open form. I find the weather in the game so inaccurate though, like the other day was the hottest sunniest day of the year, and it rained all day in game. Bizarre.

On another note, anyone else really struggling with Team Go Rocket? I've only came across 2 PokeStops overrun by them and I'm finding the battles incredibly difficult.
It took me three times to beat a grunt using Rattata and Raticate, they seem to take out my Pokemon far too quickly while I do little damage to them. I tried using a Hitmon trio and failed, then I tried using Steel types and just barely won. The worst part was the Shadow Rattata ran away after breaking out of the first Premier Ball.

On another note, anyone else really struggling with Team Go Rocket? I've only came across 2 PokeStops overrun by them and I'm finding the battles incredibly difficult.
It took me three times to beat a grunt using Rattata and Raticate, they seem to take out my Pokemon far too quickly while I do little damage to them. I tried using a Hitmon trio and failed, then I tried using Steel types and just barely won.

You're not alone in this. Even long-time level 40 players complain about it. Rattata is relatively easy to take down, the real pain in the neck is shadow Snorlax. That thing smacked away my level 40 Machamps like they're nothing. For picking out the Pokemons to use, I've noticed it's not only type-effectiveness that counts but the Pokemon should have a good defense as well. I thought Mamoswine should have no issue chomping through shadow Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite but the truth is that I barely won. Dialga, however, mowed right through them and required no switch at all.

Fortunately, the last line before you can select your Pokemon betrays what type you'll encounter. For Dratini (one of the rare encounters), it's "ROAR! How'd that sound?". Yesterday I got two shadow Dratini's in a row, the last one was 12/13/13, which resulted in a 98% Dragonite upon purifying! (Each IV is increased with 2 upon purifying).

The worst part was the Shadow Rattata ran away after breaking out of the first Premier Ball.
This is new, shadow Pokemon that can run away before you run out of Premier Balls. Not a good development.

I met a Rocket Grunt with shadow Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur. Ivysaur fainted six of my pokemon. On my third try, I went in with an Articuno, a Skarmory, and a Moltres and barely won with Articuno fainting and my Skarmory in the red.

This is new, shadow Pokemon that can run away before you run out of Premier Balls. Not a good development.

I'm hoping it was just a glitch and not indicative of future encounters.

I have a Pokestop right across the road from me, so I am able to spin it several times a day from the comfort of my home (and use lures which can be handy on rainy community days).
When I opened my game there, the Pokestop was full on black and red with a TGR Grunt standing next to it. He had Shadow Zubat, Bulbasaur and Ivysaur. It took a few tries, but I eventually took him down with Raikou and two Moltres and caught another Shadow Bulbasaur.

I've not purified any of my Pokemon because I want to keep all different variants for my living Dex.

In other news, in Research Breakthroughs, I finally caught Latias and Kyogre. I also evolved my Vibrava into Flygon and got enough Combee candy for my first Vespiquen.

They are still around...

I really liked this screenshot because of the Koffing hanging around as well. I was able to defeat this one with much more ease than the others, maybe I am getting slightly better at planning my teams. He also said he would report his loss to the boss... I wonder if we will see Giovanni appear, maybe he takes over the Gyms and appears as a special Raid Battle boss?

In other news, I hatched a Shinx today so I now have my first Luxray.

Been picking the game up a little bit more since the Go Rocket launch and the new special research. Nearly done with the Jump-Start Research; I'm on part 6/6, so I just need a new friend, to win a level 3 or higher raid (Onix and Piloswine, where y'all at), and evolve a Dragonair. I just did a little evolving and transferring spree and transferred the one Dragonair I did have, so I'm gonna have to find a Dratini or Dragonair in the wild or hope this 10km egg I'm incubating right now has a Dratini in it.

I'm at 2/4 on the A Troubling Situation research. I've got one Shadow Pokemon right now and beaten one Go Rocket grunt, and I found that by pure luck. I'm hoping to find more tomorrow since I'll have some time to go out and play. Probably would've only needed to beat one more Go Rocket grunt if I'd caught one of the stops on my way home from work the other night, but I wasn't paying attention to the game and didn't realize it until it was too late.

Otherwise, I'm working on getting Onix candy so I can finally have a Steelix and just overall filling that dex up so I can catch 'em all.

I managed to finish the Go Rocket special research yesterday when I got a Houndour from one of the grunts. I also picked up a shadow Grimer, but I haven't purified that one yet. I'm debating collecting shadow Pokemon as well, so that's the main reason why I haven't purified it just yet. Glad I decided to go to the park for a little while before work to see if there were any Rocket stops for me to grab. I ended up finding 3, but I lost at one of them, so only ended up with two Pokemon from them. (One was the Houndour and the other was the Grimer.)

I'm also at 42 candies for my Onix, so a little more and I'll be able to get my Steelix! I also just hatched a Ponyta tonight!

Back
Top Bottom