• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Right, I just made the catch of my Pokemon GO career. I caught a Unicorn!

VXtAYXB.jpg

I started to hyperventilate when I saw it. Actually, I'm still trying to calm down. After 150 raids and over 250 euro pumped into the game this month I got the rarest Rayquaza of them all!

Last edited:
Hatched a Mudkip egg today. Trying to free up as much space as possible for when the 10km Unown eggs drop since that's one of the Johto Pokemon I still need.

I'm trying to get a research breakthrough before the end of the month too. Two more days, and I'll get it. Fingers crossed I'll get a Kyogre since that's the last one I need from this round of breakthrough Pokemon.

I'm also on 2/7 on the A Thousand Year Slumber research. Catching 3 Whismur is a pain right now because of the Water Festival; they're normally a lot more common around here. I've found one so far, so I'm just waiting for a couple more to pop up. I'm walking a Feebas right now to get candies to evolve it into Milotic (my first one!) and meet that requirement; the walking part isn't terribly difficult, but I'll probably be walking more than the 20km required for it since I need quite a few more candies for it. (I have Rare Candies though, so I may use some of those to help.) I'm also on on 6/6 for the Jump Start Research; I just have to win a tier 3 or higher raid and evolve a Dragonair. I've been able to get a new Dratini from battling Rocket Grunts since I accidentally transferred the Dragonair they gave me away, so hopefully a Shadow Dragonair will do the trick since I don't have enough Dratini candy to purify and evolve, haha. Getting the tier 3 or higher raid done is going to be a little bit harder since I typically play solo, but I'll be able to find one I can solo eventually, or hopefully get lucky enough to find a bigger raid group when I happen to be at a gym there's a raid at.

I am on 4/7 sets of the "thousand year slumber" research tasks. I'm ready to take a thousand year slumber waiting for psychic and steel types to spawn. I'm about 850,000 xp points from hitting level 40. Then I can move on with my life, while still playing Pokemon Go because I never seem to actually quit.

Haven't been playing quite as much lately tbh. Mainly just been opening the app to see what my eggs are going to hatch into and getting Adventure Sync rewards. Still trying to get 2 more Whismur so I can move on with my Jirachi research and find a tier 3 or higher raid to do to wrap up my Jump-Start Research, but like I said, I haven't been playing a whole lot; I've been opening the app at home to see if a Whismur will spawn, but nothing quite yet. I feel like I'm going to have evolved my Feebas by the time I get 2 more Whismur.

I already have Turtwig and have caught enough since its release to have 2 Torterra, yet a silhouette appears. I'm not going out at this time of night to investigate, but I imagine it is just a glitch.

In other news, I finally got enough candies for Rampardos, Bastiodon, and Chimecho. I also hatched an Unown T and I'm so happy because we don't get a lot of Unown in Scotland.

I'm really hoping to find a Shiny Sentret in this event because Furret is my favourite Pokemon ever and I adore its Shiny form.

I already have Turtwig and have caught enough since its release to have 2 Torterra, yet a silhouette appears. I'm not going out at this time of night to investigate, but I imagine it is just a glitch.

In other news, I finally got enough candies for Rampardos, Bastiodon, and Chimecho. I also hatched an Unown T and I'm so happy because we don't get a lot of Unown in Scotland.

I'm really hoping to find a Shiny Sentret in this event because Furret is my favourite Pokemon ever and I adore its Shiny form.

I actually just experienced the same thing myself despite having a Torterra and other Turtwig.

c06fadca4d7e6ead9c8fb247a055d5885c48f7fd.jpg

What a weird glitch.

I finished the Jirachi research shortly after my last post.

Since then I've:
-caught a shiny Feebas with decent stats (I previously haven't had one)
-caught a shiny Gligar (which is now a Gliscor)

And in the same week Ash wins the Pokemon League, I finally hit level 40 in the game.

I caught a Lillipup today :/ It had a code name instead of its actual name. The hints of wild pokemon in the area showed Patrat and Pidove.

I assume there is going to be a Gen5 update soon and somehow they leaked the mons?

What was its codename?

As far as I understand, Gen 5 has officially been released as a part of the Ultra Bonus week 3. So far I have caught a Patrat, but I'm seeing silhouettes for Pidove, Lillipup and Purrloin too. I'm so excited to find more Unova Pokemon.

As far as the rest of the Ultra Bonus event has gone... So far I have hatched an Unown T (which I think I included in my previous update), my first Wynaut and a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew.

I caught a Lillipup today :/ It had a code name instead of its actual name. The hints of wild pokemon in the area showed Patrat and Pidove.

I assume there is going to be a Gen5 update soon and somehow they leaked the mons?
No, it's just Niantic botching another event.

my Unova captures so far:

Lillipup --> Herdier--> Stoutland (x2)
Patrat --> Watchog
Pidove --> Tranquil --> Unfezant (female)
Snivy
Klink
Foongus
Blitzle

I haven't had any luck getting Unova mon from eggs.

Last edited:
Mewtwo has left legendary raids; I managed to do about 110 raids with (most of them) 4 accounts (yes, dragging 4 smartphones with me as I race across town from raid to raid on my bike). I'm playing for someone else on the fourth phone, he got about 3 shiny Mewtwo and 3 96% Mewtwo with psystrike so that's nice. I got 14 shiny Mewtwo on my three accounts and 1 100% Mewtwo on my main account. Very happy with that big one! And glad it's over, I feel dead tired.

Oh, I got shiny Mewtwo lucky 4 times. And all got trash IVs. Urgh.

Last edited:
my Unova captures so far:

Patrat --> Watchog
Snivy
Klink
Foongus
Blitzle

I haven't had any luck getting Unova mon from eggs.

My Unova mon so far, updated:

Patrat --> Watchog
Pidove --> Tranquil --> Unfezant (Male)
Snivy
Klink
Foongus --> Amoongus
Blitzle
Klink (Shiny) [egg hatch]
Tepig
Oshawott
Litwick (and is now my buddy)

I haven't been playing too much lately since my phone's been struggling with maintaining battery life (it's a lil over 3 years old now, so understandable), but I did have a good adventure day about a week or so ago. Got in quite a few raids, including some Mewtwo raids. Won three of the Mewtwo raids, but failed to catch all 3 times; the fourth one we did (I ran into a group that invited me to join them at the next raid after our third one) we weren't able to complete because we weren't strong enough. It was a pretty solid day though, and I really enjoyed myself!

As for Unova Pokemon, I've got Snivy, Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Panpour, and Pidove right now. I think I have enough candies to evolve Patrat into Watchog and maybe a Lillipup into Herdier as well, but I'm waiting for a little while since I usually prefer to just pop a Lucky Egg and do a bunch of evolving and transferring all at once. (And I actually need to do that soon since I'm getting close to hitting 650 Pokemon. xD)

Patrat --> Watchog
Snivy
Klink
Foongus --> Amoongus
Blitzle
Tepig
Oshawott
Litwick (and is now my buddy)

Patrat --> Watchog
Snivy
Servine (captured this one in the wild, hence why she has her own row)
Klink
Foongus --> Amoongus
Blitzle
Tepig --> Pignite
Oshawott
Litwick
Deino
Purrloin --> Leipard
Drillbur --> Excadrill
Gollett

So far the Unova Pokémon I've caught are:
  • Tepig
  • Snivy
  • Patrat/Watchog (including a shiny Patrat)
  • Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
  • Pidove/Tranquil/Female Unfezant
  • Purrloin/Liepard
  • Drilbur
  • Pansear
  • Blitzle
  • Foongus
  • Klink/Klang
That's everything for now

Still haven't been playing a whole lot lately, but I managed to complete the Spiritomb quest line last night when I went out. Also got an egg hatched into a Tauros, but that's nothing to write home about. I'm planning on getting a new phone in the coming weeks, so hopefully that'll enable me to play more than I have been.

Back
Top Bottom