• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

Like in my last post, I still haven't been playing too much because of my phone's battery not wanting to hold a charge. I've still been booting up the game here and there though, mainly to get eggs hatched. Last night, I played a fair bit in the car (wasn't driving, mom was), and I tried to get some Rocket stops to make some progress on Looming in the Shadows; didn't get any of the Rocket stops unfortunately, but I managed to make some progress on A Thousand-Year Slumber by catching some Exeggute and Magnemite that spawned last night. I'm now at 33/50 of the Psychic types I need, so hopefully I can wrap that up soon. I still need to send 4 more gifts for it, but I'm not too concerned about that since I have the gifts already and it won't take too long for me to get them distributed to wrap that task up. I did some evolving and transferring last night too, and I managed to get 7 Rock types evolved for the A Colossal Discovery quest, so I just need to win 3 raids to wrap that one up.

I'm getting my new phone this week, once I can get into Best Buy to pick it up, and hopefully that coupled with my mom and I being back on similar work schedules, I'll end up with some free time before/after work to go play, and I can get some raids and Rocket stops in and I'll be able to actually do more in the game beyond just occasionally opening it up.

I unfortunately have missed quite a few events over the past few months. Have just been so busy with work, school and other social things. I completely missed Armored Mewtwo, Cobalion, Darkrai and the Regigigas event, as well as Trapinch and Chimchar community day. I was able to get a few of those shinies back during this December's community day and I'm hopeful to get back into the game now that my schedule is shaping up to be a little lighter this upcoming semester :)

Finally been playing the game more consistently since I got my new phone, and apparently I've been missing out on a lot of Adventure Sync rewards. xD I've been hitting the 25km benchmark pretty regularly the past couple of weeks from just walking around at work. Would be nice if I could get a 50km week, but I doubt that since I mainly just go to work and home (and occasionally the store).

Otherwise not too much to report. Still have quite a few special research tasks to complete, a lot of which involve raids that I just don't have time to get to, and Rocket Stops that I just can't seem to get to. I did, however, hatch my first Tepig from an egg, so I only need Oshawott to have all the Unova starters! I've also gotten my hands on a Winter Hat Pikachu, and I've caught a couple Cubchoo as well. I've still got Kirlia as my pal to get the 200 candies so I can evolve one into a Gardevoir and the other into a Gallade, and I'm sitting on 127 candies right now, so I'm gradually making progress. It's really just been too cold to be going out to play; the one day I'd considered it, I ended up deciding against it because it was just so cold, and the days where it's actually been nice enough to go play, I was stuck at work. Probably the biggest achievement I've gotten lately is finally hitting level 35!

I've done about 20 Heatran raids today with three accounts, mostly to get a 100% on my main account (current best Heatran on that one is 98%). I think I got 2/3 shinies and, as luck would have it, it's my third account that gets the hundo. I'll continue my hunt for the perfect Heatran with just my two lvl 40 accounts. Shinies are nice to get (unless they're 96% or better, they're trade fodder) but not my main goal.

The last time I really played was last week during the St. Louis event. Only played for about 3 hours because of the virus but was able to catch some cool shinies, Unown and plenty of Chatot :) First time I had really spent a long time playing since probably Rhyhorn community day.

I've been passively playing again lately because of the virus, but I finally got to the second part of the Regigigas quest after completing a Cubchoo raid last night while waiting outside of Buffalo Wild Wings for my curbside pick up of dinner. Other than that, I've been making minimal progress on my other special research tasks, but I've been hatching lots of eggs. (I'm an essential worker, so I'm still required to go out in all of this.)

Maybe when this is all over with, I'll just take a day and go out and have fun playing Pokemon Go, get a lot done and all.

Did a few raids during Raid Hour. Got one shiny Virizion and in between the raids I stumbled upon a 1059CP Machop that turned out to be 100%.

I've been doing some raids remotely lately. Tried to get a Darkrai, and we passed the raid, but I failed the capture. :c I never seem to do well with legendary raids when it comes to catching the Pokemon. Other than that, I've been trying to clear through some of my special research. I finally got my 5 Poke Stops in a row for the Rocket research, and I finally got my 7 stops in a row for the Jirachi research.

Yesterday was nuts. I got a shiny Terrakion and lucky traded it with someone for another shiny Terrakion. Mine came out lousy, the other player got a 100%. I was pretty miffed mine wasn't any good but then I caught two 100% weatherboosted Terrakion. In a row. On the same account. Blimey!
Not much later I got a Gible in a lucky trade. It came out 98%. Awesome as that is, I already had 4 lucky 98% Gabite. I only wished for a single 100 Gible, which I still don't have.
Oh, I posted a screenshot of that 100% lucky shiny Terrakion on WhatsApp and pretended it was mine just to get someone else jealous (who is known for doing the same thing).

Finally finished my Jirachi and Regigigas research to get those two Pokemon. I'm nearly done with the Genesect research as well, I just have to catch 21 more Ice type Pokemon to complete it, which should be pretty easy considering it seems like Snover is a common spawn during the Sinnoh research event.

Otherwise, I'm at part 3/9 on the Sinnoh research. Won't be able to progress further till tomorrow when I can hatch an egg while I'm at work. I also made some progress on Looming in the Shadows, so I'm at part 3/6 on that. I've only got 2 special researches left, so hopefully I'll be able to complete both soon.

I... was not aware that the pandemic-borne 2x duration of incense also applied to the Meltan box, until I decided to open one just so that I could encounter a Steel type for the Sinnoh research.

But hey I'll take all this candy!

Made some progress on the Seedot research from last month's community day. I'm nearly done with it, just have to evolve a Nuzleaf, which I'm one candy shy on, haha. I've been doing some low tier raids as well, albeit remotely, for the Throwback Challenge research that I'm still working on wrapping up.

So this just happened. I had finished the first two challenges of Pokemon Go fest skill thing. Today was the last day to finish it. I had almost forgotten about it, and logged into the game when only less than an hour was left for the challenge to end.

I hurriedly used an incense. I was able to complete two parts of the challenge, making an excellent throw and catching fifteen different species of Pokemon.

But the third part was really difficult. It was about catching fifty Pokemon. Luckily, a lot of Pokemon were showing up where I live. I almost thought I would complete the challenge.

It was a really close one. At one point there were just eight minutes left and I had to catch nine more Pokemon. It went on like that until finally just a minute was left (I was constantly checking the time left), and two Pokemon had to be caught.

I managed to catch a Charmander but all my berries got used up by that point. And then a Yanma appeared. And they move so much! It took me five-six attempts to catch it.
By the time I had caught it, the challenge was over. :(
I am just sad because I was so close to completing it.
Does anyone knows what Pokemon a person completing the challenge was going to get? If it was a legendary then great, I will go cry some more.

Does anyone knows what Pokemon a person completing the challenge was going to get? If it was a legendary then great, I will go cry some more.

These are a different sort of challenge. Over the three weeks leading up to GO Fest (which takes place on July 25th and 26th), they will be running three time-limited research challenges with different themes. The first was "skill," the second is "battle," and the third will be "friendship."

The "reward" for completing these is that depending on which teams manage to have 1,000,000 people complete the challenge, a certain Pokémon will be available during GO Fest.

So for the Skill challenge, the setup is this:
- If 1,000,000 Team Mystic members complete the challenge, Alomomola will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Instinct members complete the challenge, Chimecho will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Valor members complete the challenge, Chansey will spawn during GO Fest.

These are not mutually exclusive, by the way. So if all three teams meet the goal, all three Pokémon will spawn during GO Fest.

For the Battle challenge, the rewards are as follows:
- If 1,000,000 Team Mystic members complete the challenge, Alolan Grimer will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Instinct members complete the challenge, Ferroseed will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Valor members complete the challenge, Alolan Marowak will spawn during GO Fest.

And then for the Friendship challenge:
- If 1,000,000 Team Mystic members complete the challenge, Litwick will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Instinct members complete the challenge, Dratini will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Valor members complete the challenge, Togetic will spawn during GO Fest.

These are a different sort of challenge. Over the three weeks leading up to GO Fest (which takes place on July 25th and 26th), they will be running three time-limited research challenges with different themes. The first was "skill," the second is "battle," and the third will be "friendship."

The "reward" for completing these is that depending on which teams manage to have 1,000,000 people complete the challenge, a certain Pokémon will be available during GO Fest.

So for the Skill challenge, the setup is this:
- If 1,000,000 Team Mystic members complete the challenge, Alomomola will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Instinct members complete the challenge, Chimecho will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Valor members complete the challenge, Chansey will spawn during GO Fest.

These are not mutually exclusive, by the way. So if all three teams meet the goal, all three Pokémon will spawn during GO Fest.

For the Battle challenge, the rewards are as follows:
- If 1,000,000 Team Mystic members complete the challenge, Alolan Grimer will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Instinct members complete the challenge, Ferroseed will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Valor members complete the challenge, Alolan Marowak will spawn during GO Fest.

And then for the Friendship challenge:
- If 1,000,000 Team Mystic members complete the challenge, Litwick will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Instinct members complete the challenge, Dratini will spawn during GO Fest.
- If 1,000,000 Team Valor members complete the challenge, Togetic will spawn during GO Fest.
Thank you so much for explaining this! It's good to know there are two more challenges coming up! I like participating in these, and this time I won't forget it till the last moment. :)

Currently playing right now for Gastly community day to try and get a few shinies before it wraps up; currently have 3 that I've picked up so far, and I've finished the paid research that goes along with it (managed to finish that at work today). Might try to nab one more shiny, but mainly just playing for the candies to evolve them now.

Overall though, I've been doing pretty well on the Go Fest challenges. I haven't completed any of the elite challenges yet, but I've completed the main ones. I'm on the last part of the Friendship one right now, but I'll probably finish that one within the next couple days, before the event ends. Also been doing some raids remotely. I'm nearly done with part 2 of my Throwback challenge from months ago. I just need to win one more raid.

Oh, and I got a Kyurem, thanks to a couple friends that did some remote raids with me! I always struggle with getting legendaries, so actually getting a Kyurem and having the help of friends really helped a lot. I hope they actually keep remote raids with friends after all this mess is over with, even if they do put it behind a barrier of needing to have a certain level of friendship (and a pay barrier too, I guess, since you actually have to buy the passes).

Back
Top Bottom