• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Holidays 2018

hurristat

the future is not written
Reaction score
Niantic has announced the 2018 holiday event, and the rewards are really exciting!

The event, in general, runs from Dec 18, 2018 at 1:00 PM PST (GMT-8) to Jan 2, 2019 at 1:00 PM PST (GMT-8). During this period, the following bonuses for the whole event:
  • Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing more, including the return of Delibird, and the introduction of Snover! (The preview image also includes Croagunk and the Lake Trio, so maybe we will see their introduction as well...)
  • A "festive hat" Pikachu will be appearing in the wild.
  • Smoochum, Azurill, and Munchlax (!) will be appearing more regularly from 7km eggs. (The preview image also includes Chingling, so maybe Chingling will start hatching as well!)
  • Spinning a Gym or PokéStop for the first time on a day during the event will give you a free single-use incubator.
  • There are new items in the style shop featuring Delibird.
There are a number of additional bonus rewards during the event:
  • From Dec 18 at 1:00 PM PST to Dec 22 at 1:00 PM PST, you will receive double candy for catching and transferring Pokémon.
  • From Dec 22 at 1:00 PM PST to Dec 26 at 1:00 PM PST, you will receive double stardust for catching Pokémon.
  • From Dec 26 at 1:00 PM PST to Dec 30 at 1:00 PM PST, you will receive double catch XP.
  • From Dec 30 at 1:00 PM PST to Jan 2 at 1:00 PM PST, incubators will be twice as effective as normal.
Happy holidays and happy catching!!

Edit, update now that the event has started: Croagunk, Snover, Finneon, Skorupi, and Bronzor are appearing in the wild. Munchlax, Chingling, and Mantyke are hatching out of 7k eggs. Shiny Delibird and Santa hat Pikachu are appearing in the wild, and shiny Azurill are now hatching as well.

Last edited:
Yeah the image shows a lot more than what was detailed in the event so maybe there are some surprises in store :)

Either way, these holiday events are always fun. I appreciated the free egg incubators because I'm always building up 7k and 10k eggs.

This is going to be a really nice event and I have lots of thoughts about it, which I may elaborate on at a later time... but for now, what I'm mostly confused at is what exactly will "double incubator effectiveness" mean :( Hopefully this is clearly addressed before that part of the event goes live so I can prepare accordingly rather than having to guess it out.

Yeah it might mean halving the hatching distance, though its weird wording for sure.

Anyway, I do look forward to the double candy and trying to get myself a Female Shiny Snorunt so I can get Froslass shiny. The Incubators are nice too.

I'm a little miffed that catching Delibird no longer rewards 250 stardust, like it did last year. I was hoping to use that to stardust grind...

I've seeing criminally low numbers of Delibird in general, has anyone else been seeing this?

Same but for Snover... I’ve literally encountered more Delibird than Snover when I’m not interested at all in that Santa Bird unless its shiny...

On the plus side this event gave me enough candy for my first Sinnoh evolution- Weavile!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom