New exploration bonuses for playing together in the real world
These changes are introduced to make it more rewarding to play outside. These bonuses will end when the Season of Discovery wraps up on September 1, 2021. Some of these bonuses may stay in the following season, and new bonuses will become available as well.
- Receive up to two free Raid Passes per day from spinning Gym Photo Discs.
- Benefit from increased Incense effectiveness while moving.
- Be guaranteed gifts when spinning PokéStops (if they have not reached their maximum gift inventory).
- Receive 10× bonus XP from spinning a PokéStop for the first time.
- Incense effectiveness will be set at the standard level when you’re stationary and increased effectiveness will kick in when you are moving.
- The frequency of your Buddy Pokémon bringing you Gifts each day will be reduced.
- PokéStop and Gym interaction distances will revert back to the standard distance (though may be increased as part of certain features or events).
Bonuses introduced last year that will remain
Some changes that were introduced in the past year resonated well with Trainers and will provide continued value as countries and regions begin to open back up. These changes will remain as standard parts of the game for the foreseeable future, some of which were previously announced:
- Incense duration will remain at 60 minutes.
- No walking requirement for GO Battle League.
- Continue challenging any Trainer remotely with a QR Code, and the requirement to battle with friends remotely has been lowered to Good Friends.
- The maximum number of Gifts you can carry in your Item Bag at a time will remain at 20.
- Trainers will be able to open up to 30 Gifts per day, up from the previous 20.
- Continue to receive three times the Stardust and XP for your first Pokémon catch of the day.