Trainers who purchase a ticket by the following dates will also receive access to the Season of Heritage's January and February Timed Research:
- Purchases by Monday, January 10th, 2022 local time, will gain access to both the January and February Timed Research.
- Purchases by Thursday, February 10th, 2022 local time, will gain access to only the February Timed Research.
Trainers will choose between the Gold Version and Silver Version event experiences, each with version-exclusive Pokémon. They must choose before the event begins, and it cannot be changed later. Trading with a friend who chose the other version will be required to complete the event's Collection Challenges.
Regardless of version selection, all ticket holders will be able to experience the following during Pokémon GO Tour: Johto:
- All Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region will be appearing in the wild, will be appearing in raids, will be appearing in encounters after research tasks, will be attracted to Incense, will hatch from Eggs, will be available via trading with friends, or will be obtainable via Evolution during this time.
- Complete event-exclusive Special Research to encounter the Mythical Pokémon, Celebi. Catch Celebi during the event for a special move.
- Complete the Special Research line to access a second exclusive Masterwork Research story, intended to be worked on over a long period of time.
- All Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region will be available in their Shiny forms, some of them for the first time in Pokémon GO. This includes the featured Unown (G, O, T, U, R, and J) which will appear when using Incense.
- Earn rewards and level up the Elite Collector medal by completing nine Collection Challenges. Trainers will need to catch specific Pokémon according to a theme in a limited timeframe to complete these challenges.
- Different Pokémon will be attracted to Incense.
- A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop.
- Eggs will require one-quarter their normal Hatch Distance.
- Earn twice the Candy for hatching Eggs.
- Earn extra Candy when catching featured Johto Pokémon
- Get up to nine free Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms.
- Get an exclusive in-game medal to commemorate the event.
- Take a snapshot for a surprise.
- Get special stickers by spinning PokéStops and purchasing them in the in-game shop.
Version-exclusive Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during event hours. Additionally, Trainers will have a greater chance of encountering certain Shiny Pokémon depending on which version they choose, as outlined below.
Attracted to Incense
Increased chance of encountering Shiny Pokémon
Pokémon GO Tour: Johto non-ticketed features
The following features will be available to all Trainers during the event, regardless of whether they purchase a ticket:
- Some Pokémon originally discovered in Johto will be appearing in the wild, appearing in raids, and hatching from 7 km Eggs. Some Pokémon originally discovered in Johto that are usually exclusive to certain regions in the world will also be appearing in raids worldwide.
- Pokémon such as Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Togepi will be hatching from 2 km Eggs received by spinning PokéStops.
- Timed Research related to Trainer Battles.