• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokemon GO update - New Hoenn Medal

SUP3RN0VA

DR4G0N K1NG
Reaction score
Has everyone updated their Pokemon GO app? I have noticed 2 new medals. The first, is a medal specifically for legendary raids. The second, and more interesting medal, is one for capturing Hoenn Pokemon.

Is Niantic now preparing for Hoenn Pokemon to be released in the near future? Discuss.

It is possible, according to the datamine, that the Halloween event is going to introduce Duskull, Dusclops, Shuppet, Banette and Sableye. The Bronze medal for Hoenn only requires 5 species (exactly as many as would be released in Halloween) so I think that theory is reinforced a bit.

As for the Legendary Raids medal, I am glad that happened; it felt unfair to have a medal for non-Legendary ones but have the Legendary ones not listed anywhere. Although I feel like it could've been merged into Champion, because "Win X Raids" does not imply that Legendaries do not count.

I personally dislike that there are seperate medals for legendary raids and non legendary raids. it's bad enough having to win 1000 raids to begin with, but now we have to win 1000 of each kind of raid. Not to mention the fact that legendary raids aren't always available either, so this medal in particular will take a very long time to achieve gold.

I am excited for Hoenn Pokémon though. I wasn't expecting any Hoenn Pokémon to be available at all until 2018.

I personally dislike that there are seperate medals for legendary raids and non legendary raids. it's bad enough having to win 1000 raids to begin with, but now we have to win 1000 of each kind of raid. Not to mention the fact that legendary raids aren't always available either, so this medal in particular will take a very long time to achieve gold.

There is a player where I live, reportedly will have gold by the end of the year.

Can you say "obsession"?

How many Raids one does is up to playstyle and there's nothing wrong with that or any obsession to speak of. However, in order to do too many of them, lots of Coins are needed, and most likely you can't get all those from Gyms, so they need to put real money in the game; but again, this is a totally valid playstyle, even though it's one I really wouldn't like to engage in myself.

Some medals are just too hard to get and I gotta accept that I shouldn't ever try hard for them, it's just not worth it; unlike the type bonus ones these only serve as bragging rights anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom