• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Pokemon Gym ideas

colours

etch dreams into life
Reaction score
You know, if there's anything that I hope future gyms would borrow from trials, it's mini-games. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a bit of fun before fighting against the Gym Leader, and that's what I liked in particular about SM/USUM's trials

Bob Fizzle

OBEY THE BEARD
Reaction score
You know, if there's anything that I hope future gyms would borrow from trials, it's mini-games. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a bit of fun before fighting against the Gym Leader, and that's what I liked in particular about SM/USUM's trials
Wholly agreed. More than anything, I liked that the Alolan trials were a breath of fresh air in that they never even pretended to take themselves too seriously, and instead were presented as a much more informal and lighthearted affair. It would be nice to see more Gym battles take on some of these features, but you could certainly argue, that Alola is unique in its ability to successfully pull this off given the relaxed and lighthearted culture of the entire region, so I can't really disagree with the decision to return to a structured League. And of course, we are dealing with England, whose Football Association is the oldest FA in the world, so I can't fault the developers too much for returning to structure for the Galar League.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Also, I would like for them to have the slightly higher difficulty from the trials. As someone that does One Pokémon Challenges, gyms stop being challenging at around the third or fourth gym, to the point I don't feel challenged. The trials, on the other hand, have a consistent difficulty that I would like for them to adapt.

Matleo

Reaction score
a gym leader with trapping moves, Perish Song and abilities related to trapping in one would work well and nice.
_
Could you imagine a flying gym with Talonflame-first pokemon, ??? , Corviknight - gym leaders mascot?
___
gym leaders if would use more terrains, weathers, switching, trapping, draining , flinching and stats inducing moves would be more of a challange.
Especially with stealthrocks, toxic spikes and strategies to pull down flying pokemon down on the ground.