• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Gym ideas

You know, if there's anything that I hope future gyms would borrow from trials, it's mini-games. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a bit of fun before fighting against the Gym Leader, and that's what I liked in particular about SM/USUM's trials

You know, if there's anything that I hope future gyms would borrow from trials, it's mini-games. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a bit of fun before fighting against the Gym Leader, and that's what I liked in particular about SM/USUM's trials

Wholly agreed. More than anything, I liked that the Alolan trials were a breath of fresh air in that they never even pretended to take themselves too seriously, and instead were presented as a much more informal and lighthearted affair. It would be nice to see more Gym battles take on some of these features, but you could certainly argue, that Alola is unique in its ability to successfully pull this off given the relaxed and lighthearted culture of the entire region, so I can't really disagree with the decision to return to a structured League. And of course, we are dealing with England, whose Football Association is the oldest FA in the world, so I can't fault the developers too much for returning to structure for the Galar League.

Also, I would like for them to have the slightly higher difficulty from the trials. As someone that does One Pokémon Challenges, gyms stop being challenging at around the third or fourth gym, to the point I don't feel challenged. The trials, on the other hand, have a consistent difficulty that I would like for them to adapt.

a gym leader with trapping moves, Perish Song and abilities related to trapping in one would work well and nice.
_
Could you imagine a flying gym with Talonflame-first pokemon, ??? , Corviknight - gym leaders mascot?
___
gym leaders if would use more terrains, weathers, switching, trapping, draining , flinching and stats inducing moves would be more of a challange.
Especially with stealthrocks, toxic spikes and strategies to pull down flying pokemon down on the ground.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom