• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Pokémon HG/SS Limited Edition DSi?

Shane
Reaction score
Why have we heard no news for this? Ever since Yellow, we've always gotten one of these.

What do you guys expect it to look like?

Reaction score
I haven't heard of anything yet.

The last time I checked the official website, I saw some nice-looking skins, but not an actual DSi.

I'll go check right now.

★ Prince of Ampora ★
Reaction score
I want a red DSi with Cynderquil on it.

Yerrrr baby.

Reaction score
Doesn't the game usually have to be out for a little while before they actually come out with one of those? I mean, the games did just come out a couple days ago.

Strange is Relative
Reaction score
Why a DSi? It has no GBA port, defeating the purpose of the Safari Zone in HGSS.

It would make more sense for a DS Lite.

Reaction score
Why a DSi? It has no GBA port, defeating the purpose of the Safari Zone in HGSS.

It would make more sense for a DS Lite.
...because the DSi is the latest console?

Pal Park isn't even really needed in these games. You can obtain all Pokemon between DPPt and HGSS (with the help of My Pokemon Ranch, Pokemon Ranger, the Gamestop Deoxys event, NZ Jirachi, and the upcoming Celebi event.) They're done with the GBA games.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
...because the DSi is the latest console?

Pal Park isn't even really needed in these games. You can obtain all Pokemon between DPPt and HGSS (with the help of My Pokemon Ranch, Pokemon Ranger, the Gamestop Deoxys event, NZ Jirachi, and the upcoming Celebi event.) They're moving on from the GBA games.
Which is why I think Dongle method might also be gettin scrapped. Though I'm not certain, because Serebii can't figure out how to find, say, Carnivine in the Ilex Forest.

Shane
Reaction score
Doesn't the game usually have to be out for a little while before they actually come out with one of those? I mean, the games did just come out a couple days ago.
Well, the D/P and Pt DSes came out at the games' releases.

Nuzlocke challenge'd
Reaction score
Well, the D/P and Pt DSes came out at the games' releases.
Yess, the special edition console is usually available along with the game as soon as it's released.

It's probably a Daisuki club only exclusive this time.

Probably a Silver DSi with Lugia, anda Gold Ho-oh Version?
Or maybe black and/or blue(Crystal) with both of them on it, like the DP DS lite.

Last edited:

7tx

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if there was one, but I wouldn't get it. We probably won't see it for a while anyway

Nuzlocke challenge'd
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if there was one, but I wouldn't get it. We probably won't see it for a while anyway
That's the thing, there's always a limited edition system, which is why we're wondering what it looks like.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
You guys are jumping to conclusions here. We don't know that we will get an HGSS limited edition DS or DSi. Sorry to disappoint you, but it may not happen.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
You guys are jumping to conclusions here. We don't know that we will get an HGSS limited edition DS or DSi. Sorry to disappoint you, but it may not happen.
And I may not be in the school play this year.

Oh wait...

Simply Farfetch'd
Reaction score
My debate would be GBA slot VS pretty pictures of pokemon the DSi

Doc Octillery FTW
Reaction score
I remember the Game Boy Color that was released at the time of GS. It was awesome, 'cause it was gold and silver colroed at the same time (depending on lighting). If a new Pokémon HGSS themed DS/DSi comes out, I want it to be that way. And of course, with Ho-oh and Lugia.

But meh, since I just bought my DS Lite last week, I wouldn't get that one.

Reaction score
Which is why I think Dongle method might also be gettin scrapped. Though I'm not certain, because Serebii can't figure out how to find, say, Carnivine in the Ilex Forest.
Carnivine is Gen IV, you can't dongle for a Gen IV pokemon, only 1,2 and 3rd gens

I have a DSi already and yes it defeats the purpose of a Pal Park if HGSS is released for DSi, then they would have to rework the games so that more pokemon could be made available in game, like many Gen III ones other than legendaries.

I remember the Game Boy Color that was released at the time of GS. It was awesome, 'cause it was gold and silver colroed at the same time (depending on lighting). If a new Pokémon HGSS themed DS/DSi comes out, I want it to be that way. And of course, with Ho-oh and Lugia.
That idea does not matter because unlike the GBC that had an advantage over the GB and no downsides to a pokemon games, the no GBA slot defeats as I said the Pal Park in HGSS and why I feel this should be DS Lite and not DSi or a DSi with a GBA slot, but that won't happen

Former Staff Artist
Reaction score
Whatever it is, I would like maybe a Dark Red and Gold DS for Ho-Oh, and a Dark Blue and Silver-ish colored DS for Lugia. It'd be awesome.