• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon HG/SS Limited Edition DSi?

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
Why have we heard no news for this? Ever since Yellow, we've always gotten one of these.

What do you guys expect it to look like?

I haven't heard of anything yet.

The last time I checked the official website, I saw some nice-looking skins, but not an actual DSi.

I'll go check right now.

I want a red DSi with Cynderquil on it.

Yerrrr baby.

Doesn't the game usually have to be out for a little while before they actually come out with one of those? I mean, the games did just come out a couple days ago.

Why a DSi? It has no GBA port, defeating the purpose of the Safari Zone in HGSS.

It would make more sense for a DS Lite.

Why a DSi? It has no GBA port, defeating the purpose of the Safari Zone in HGSS.

It would make more sense for a DS Lite.
...because the DSi is the latest console?

Pal Park isn't even really needed in these games. You can obtain all Pokemon between DPPt and HGSS (with the help of My Pokemon Ranch, Pokemon Ranger, the Gamestop Deoxys event, NZ Jirachi, and the upcoming Celebi event.) They're done with the GBA games.

...because the DSi is the latest console?

Pal Park isn't even really needed in these games. You can obtain all Pokemon between DPPt and HGSS (with the help of My Pokemon Ranch, Pokemon Ranger, the Gamestop Deoxys event, NZ Jirachi, and the upcoming Celebi event.) They're moving on from the GBA games.

Which is why I think Dongle method might also be gettin scrapped. Though I'm not certain, because Serebii can't figure out how to find, say, Carnivine in the Ilex Forest.

Doesn't the game usually have to be out for a little while before they actually come out with one of those? I mean, the games did just come out a couple days ago.
Well, the D/P and Pt DSes came out at the games' releases.

Well, the D/P and Pt DSes came out at the games' releases.
Yess, the special edition console is usually available along with the game as soon as it's released.

It's probably a Daisuki club only exclusive this time.

Probably a Silver DSi with Lugia, anda Gold Ho-oh Version?
Or maybe black and/or blue(Crystal) with both of them on it, like the DP DS lite.

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if there was one, but I wouldn't get it. We probably won't see it for a while anyway

It wouldn't surprise me if there was one, but I wouldn't get it. We probably won't see it for a while anyway
That's the thing, there's always a limited edition system, which is why we're wondering what it looks like.

You guys are jumping to conclusions here. We don't know that we will get an HGSS limited edition DS or DSi. Sorry to disappoint you, but it may not happen.

You guys are jumping to conclusions here. We don't know that we will get an HGSS limited edition DS or DSi. Sorry to disappoint you, but it may not happen.

And I may not be in the school play this year.

Oh wait...

I remember the Game Boy Color that was released at the time of GS. It was awesome, 'cause it was gold and silver colroed at the same time (depending on lighting). If a new Pokémon HGSS themed DS/DSi comes out, I want it to be that way. And of course, with Ho-oh and Lugia.

But meh, since I just bought my DS Lite last week, I wouldn't get that one.

Which is why I think Dongle method might also be gettin scrapped. Though I'm not certain, because Serebii can't figure out how to find, say, Carnivine in the Ilex Forest.

Carnivine is Gen IV, you can't dongle for a Gen IV pokemon, only 1,2 and 3rd gens

I have a DSi already and yes it defeats the purpose of a Pal Park if HGSS is released for DSi, then they would have to rework the games so that more pokemon could be made available in game, like many Gen III ones other than legendaries.

I remember the Game Boy Color that was released at the time of GS. It was awesome, 'cause it was gold and silver colroed at the same time (depending on lighting). If a new Pokémon HGSS themed DS/DSi comes out, I want it to be that way. And of course, with Ho-oh and Lugia.

That idea does not matter because unlike the GBC that had an advantage over the GB and no downsides to a pokemon games, the no GBA slot defeats as I said the Pal Park in HGSS and why I feel this should be DS Lite and not DSi or a DSi with a GBA slot, but that won't happen

Whatever it is, I would like maybe a Dark Red and Gold DS for Ho-Oh, and a Dark Blue and Silver-ish colored DS for Lugia. It'd be awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom