• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Pokemon Home

Lovely
Reaction score
Will Pokemon Bank carry over to Gen 8?

EDIT: Yes and we will have Pokemon Home

Last edited:
sɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙʏ
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't make a return. That said, it'll probably won't be made official until a later announcement either via CoroCoro or some other trailer than the one we were shown.

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
Would be mad if it does not continue since i've been paying the bank since gen 6 almost 6 years now and i got a living pokedex there and all my events and shinies also right now that I have both meltan and melmetal in normal and shiny form along with 2(going 3 tapu bulu is coming on the way)of the 4 tapus in shiny form now

#1 Wooloo Fan
Reaction score
Absolutely. I imagine it will take a while to release a Switch version of the app for the service (that and it took a while for it to be compatible with Sun/Moon too), but it'll definitely be returning.

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
Personally hope so, but the Switch port needs to be reworked, like enabling drag and drop, or something, since Nintendo Switch is a hybrid handheld console.

Also, for pricing, please keep the annual subscription and not adapt the Switch Online functions, otherwise it's going to be worse.

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I can imagine it will take a few months to release, but yes I for sure see Bank coming back.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
Almost certainly, as the entire point of the bank was to future proof the storing and transferring of Pokémon. As to how they'll do it, since our Pokémon are stored in a cloud based system, I bet they could find a way to connect/sync our banks to our Nintendo accounts on Switch (possibly by updating Pokémon Bank on 3DS to allow us to enter our Nintendo account details), and then it would just be a matter of installing Pokémon Bank on Nintendo Switch.

The Power of Thunder
Reaction score
I believe it will, but the only thing I'm worried about (and I have no actual knowledge of when or how it could happen), but won't they eventually stop supporting the 3DS' internet soon? Like they did with the Wii? Or is that something completely different and the 3DS' internet will still be in tact for years to come?

I say this because if it isn't, and they stop supporting it, our Gen 1-7 Pokémon are essentially stuck in there lmao, because Bank would need the internet to transfer the Pokémon right? Someone help me understand what would happen or how that would work pleasee :D

Reaction score
I really hope so. I'm working on a living dex in my bank at the moment and only 22 from completing. I want to be able to transfer them all to the new game when I get it!

Reaction score
Can you migrate Pokemon past multiple gens?

By that I mean would it be possible to migrate Pokemon from XY directly to Sword/Shield? (and skip Sun/Moon entirely)

I'm asking because I have loads of Pokemon I've migrated up to 6th gen but I never got around to migrating them to Sun/Moon.

Reaction score
Can you migrate Pokemon past multiple gens?

By that I mean would it be possible to migrate Pokemon from XY directly to Sword/Shield? (and skip Sun/Moon entirely)

I'm asking because I have loads of Pokemon I've migrated up to 6th gen but I never got around to migrating them to Sun/Moon.
I would imagine so using the bank as you can currently do this by skipping X/Y and putting them straight into Sun/Moon from older games.