• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

They haven't even stated if home costs anything yet. What if its a free cloud storage up to a certain amount of data and then you pay up for more data if you need it, I think google does this with drive. Or if it's a one time fee and you get to keep it. Altough if it needs nintendo online you have to pay 20 a year to access it, but you can use home in your phone, so isn't it more likely to be free or a one time fee? (Or god forbid have micro transactions)

They haven't even stated if home costs anything yet. What if its a free cloud storage up to a certain amount of data and then you pay up for more data if you need it,
With previously-free functions like online trade costing money now, I can't imagine they'll lift the price on a service that's already established as costing money.

Then they need to take a break from Pokémon until after Town is finished.
They should in all honesty. But whether the franchise popularity and demand will let them is a whole other story.

But you know, seeing as it was Iwata who stopped Game Freak from making "UltraBlack and UltraWhite" in favor of sequels, then part of the pacing problem lies on Game Freak. I don't think they have any intention of stopping soon.

With previously-free functions like online trade costing money now, I can't imagine they'll lift the price on a service that's already established as costing money.
They haven't said home costs any subscription yet, I'm saying they'd charge money if you want more data storage, or just charge to initially download the app. It could even just be bundled with a nintendo switch online account.

They haven't even stated if home costs anything yet. What if its a free cloud storage up to a certain amount of data and then you pay up for more data if you need it, I think google does this with drive. Or if it's a one time fee and you get to keep it. Altough if it needs nintendo online you have to pay 20 a year to access it, but you can use home in your phone, so isn't it more likely to be free or a one time fee? (Or god forbid have micro transactions)
I personally kinda wonder that it is free to store up to a certain amount of pokemon and if you pass it you have to pay a fee.
If it is micro transactions (which i doubt), what does that mean for countries that have those micro transaction laws?

They haven't said home costs any subscription yet, I'm saying they'd charge money if you want more data storage, or just charge to initially download the app. It could even just be bundled with a nintendo switch online account.
I'm referring to Bank. Bank has set a precedent where cloud storage for Pokemon costs money, and if other features like online trade now have costs, why would cloud storage get its price removed?

So? It's not like Game Freak is getting paid for Nintendo's internet subscription.
Fair enough; I was mainly playing Impidimp’s advocate.

Going back to the gonintendo post though, I had guessed about a possibility of Home working back and forth with other side games and Masuda seems to be thinking the same way. I’d be hesitant to even say that Pokémon not in the Galar Dex will be “completely given the shaft until gen 9” because of this, plus the possibility of Sinnoh remakes and maybe even things that completely shake our expectations, like another new region in the same gen.

Never buy a console/handheld device for one game or company alone.

I made that mistake when I bought an Xbox 360 for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. And I still regret that decision ever since.

Granted, I bought a Switch mostly for Breath of the Wild, but I knew there would be many other games coming out for Switch that I would enjoy. And they did. The Nintendo Switch has come a long way since two years ago and it features one of the biggest and best library of games I've seen on a Nintendo device for a long time. Instead of deciding whether Pokemon Sword/Shield is worth the purchase of a Switch, try looking at its full library and decide based on that.

True. In my case, I wait till there are at least four games that I like before even considering getting that console, with extra points if those games are exclusives.

Speak for yourselves i really only bought a GBA, gba sp, GB micro, DSi, dsi xl , 2ds, 3ds xl and 2ds xl for pokemon games for me the fact fact the 3ds family also has star fox 64 majora mask 3d and ocarina of time 3d or other game on the others are just icing on the cake

that being i have sold my switch and canceled my preorder over this (that and the fact that most of the games i play are other platforms ) and will continue to play the older games on my pokeball 2ds xl for now and see how this plays out.

i think what people are also forgetting is the TPC and/or nintendo maybe driving this "rush" to an extent as the need new merchandise for the franchise such cardsfor the TGC or plush toys etc + the anime needs a new story after a while

Speak for yourselves
They were? That's why they said "in my case" lol.
i think what people are also forgetting is the TPC and/or nintendo maybe driving this "rush" to an extent as the need new merchandise for the franchise such cardsfor the TGC or plush toys etc + the anime needs a new story after a while
We've had three year gaps before, though, and they went just fine. TCG reuses old Pokemon with new cards plenty (and even makes original concepts sometimes), and the anime has made entire new settings. It's possible that a higher-up wanted things to happen faster for some reason, but it'd just be an executive decision, not really a need.

They were? That's why they said "in my case" lol.

We've had three year gaps before, though, and they went just fine. TCG reuses old Pokemon with new cards plenty (and even makes original concepts sometimes), and the anime has made entire new settings. It's possible that a higher-up wanted things to happen faster for some reason, but it'd just be an executive decision, not really a need.

Fair enough i do not really play the card game. i just used it as an example. and yes Pokemon was/is for me anyway the only reason to own a nintendo platform

I was only giving very general advice. People can do whatever they like with their money.

True and agreed & that being i was just pointing out for some customers like myself Pokemon was or still only major to own a Nintendo system.

We still don't know what the service will cost, and the game is almost out.

But naw if you think Gamefreak is anti consumer in any way, shape, or form you being petty /s

We still don't know what the service will cost, and the game is almost out.

But naw if you think Gamefreak is anti consumer in any way, shape, or form you being petty /s
It's not coming out until January 2020 so I think that we might get some information about Home in December so we can get a clear idea about what it is and whether it's a separate subscription or bundled with the Switch Online subscription.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom