• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • AussieEevee continues his perilous adventures in Johto. Watch his HeartGold Nuzlocke here.

Pokemon Home

Informed Casual
Reaction score
So? It's not like Game Freak is getting paid for Nintendo's internet subscription.
Fair enough; I was mainly playing Impidimp’s advocate.

Going back to the gonintendo post though, I had guessed about a possibility of Home working back and forth with other side games and Masuda seems to be thinking the same way. I’d be hesitant to even say that Pokémon not in the Galar Dex will be “completely given the shaft until gen 9” because of this, plus the possibility of Sinnoh remakes and maybe even things that completely shake our expectations, like another new region in the same gen.

"The Purest Excitement"
Reaction score
Never buy a console/handheld device for one game or company alone.

I made that mistake when I bought an Xbox 360 for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. And I still regret that decision ever since.

Granted, I bought a Switch mostly for Breath of the Wild, but I knew there would be many other games coming out for Switch that I would enjoy. And they did. The Nintendo Switch has come a long way since two years ago and it features one of the biggest and best library of games I've seen on a Nintendo device for a long time. Instead of deciding whether Pokemon Sword/Shield is worth the purchase of a Switch, try looking at its full library and decide based on that.
True. In my case, I wait till there are at least four games that I like before even considering getting that console, with extra points if those games are exclusives.
Speak for yourselves i really only bought a GBA, gba sp, GB micro, DSi, dsi xl , 2ds, 3ds xl and 2ds xl for pokemon games for me the fact fact the 3ds family also has star fox 64 majora mask 3d and ocarina of time 3d or other game on the others are just icing on the cake

that being i have sold my switch and canceled my preorder over this (that and the fact that most of the games i play are other platforms ) and will continue to play the older games on my pokeball 2ds xl for now and see how this plays out.

i think what people are also forgetting is the TPC and/or nintendo maybe driving this "rush" to an extent as the need new merchandise for the franchise such cardsfor the TGC or plush toys etc + the anime needs a new story after a while

Reaction score
Speak for yourselves
They were? That's why they said "in my case" lol.
i think what people are also forgetting is the TPC and/or nintendo maybe driving this "rush" to an extent as the need new merchandise for the franchise such cardsfor the TGC or plush toys etc + the anime needs a new story after a while
We've had three year gaps before, though, and they went just fine. TCG reuses old Pokemon with new cards plenty (and even makes original concepts sometimes), and the anime has made entire new settings. It's possible that a higher-up wanted things to happen faster for some reason, but it'd just be an executive decision, not really a need.

"The Purest Excitement"
Reaction score
They were? That's why they said "in my case" lol.

We've had three year gaps before, though, and they went just fine. TCG reuses old Pokemon with new cards plenty (and even makes original concepts sometimes), and the anime has made entire new settings. It's possible that a higher-up wanted things to happen faster for some reason, but it'd just be an executive decision, not really a need.
Fair enough i do not really play the card game. i just used it as an example. and yes Pokemon was/is for me anyway the only reason to own a nintendo platform

I was only giving very general advice. People can do whatever they like with their money.
True and agreed & that being i was just pointing out for some customers like myself Pokemon was or still only major to own a Nintendo system.

Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could import some items into home such as mega stones?

#Shield
Reaction score
i guess it depends on the "playable content" that HOME was said to have. whatever that will be...

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
We still don't know what the service will cost, and the game is almost out.

But naw if you think Gamefreak is anti consumer in any way, shape, or form you being petty /s

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
We still don't know what the service will cost, and the game is almost out.

But naw if you think Gamefreak is anti consumer in any way, shape, or form you being petty /s
It's not coming out until January 2020 so I think that we might get some information about Home in December so we can get a clear idea about what it is and whether it's a separate subscription or bundled with the Switch Online subscription.

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm just wanting to know which of these fan-favorite Pokémon you think can be transferable or untransferable to Pokémon Sword and Shield with Pokémon HOME? Please let me know, thanks.
Which Pokémon? You didn't include any in your post.