• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

I was playing Omega Ruby last night and decided to hop on the GTS there out of curiosity...damn, that one had truly been broken by hackers. Searching for most Pokémon was bringing up trainers whose character icons were broken, tonnes of suspicious shinies being offered for rubbish and obviously broken level/gender requirements - a lot filled in with the "quit the GTS" button text.

I'm strrting to think that the reason for the GTS being on Home and not in Sword/Shield could be connected to an attempt to make it harder for hackers.

Well I downloaded pokemon home on my phone yesterday, tried to access mystery gift and not only did I get a "GPS failed to load" message but for some reason It wont let me navigate away from the screen. (Trying to tap the back button on just doesn't work.) I've been stuck on this stupid "GPS failed to load" message since yesterday and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

Hi, I wanna do a living dex , I deposited a shiny yamega and a shiny lombre, asking for a zamazenta. Do you think I have any chances of completing these trades?

Hi, I wanna do a living dex , I deposited a shiny yamega and a shiny lombre, asking for a zamazenta. Do you think I have any chances of completing these trades?
Considering the fact that those are both relatively common and easily obtainable shinys, I'd say you have a very low chance of completing those trades. Just looking for Yanmega shows tons of people offering shinys for Zacian/Zamazenta, for example.

Last edited:
Probably won't happen. Shinies don't get a lot on the GTS now, unless it's ridiculously popular, like Charmander. Now, if you wanted a Poipole, you might luck out by offering one.

Yeah, I traded off my Poipole for a shiny Golett a few days ago. No regrets. :)

Well I saw a cosmog being offered for a lv 31-40 female jumpluff. Unfortunately i didnt have a jumpluff on pokemon home at that moment. But it give me hope I might complete the trade.

I saw a shiny drampa being offered for a lv 71-80 male poochyena too. I went to my alpha saphire, caught the male poochyena and feed rare candies to him until he was lv 72. Shiny drampa was still on the GTS , so I traded the poochyena for it!

I finally downloaded Home for both my phone and Switch earlier today. I popped two Grookey on the GTS for similar leveled Galar starters, along with a Haunter for Haunter (to get Gengar, obvs). Several hours later, and all three all still sitting there. Is the GTS actually that broken? Or is this a known bug?

I finally downloaded Home for both my phone and Switch earlier today. I popped two Grookey on the GTS for similar leveled Galar starters, along with a Haunter for Haunter (to get Gengar, obvs). Several hours later, and all three all still sitting there. Is the GTS actually that broken? Or is this a known bug?
I don't think that's a bug or the GTS being broken. For me, it takes about a day or a little more on average to get a trade on the HOME GTS, which is about the same or a little more on the 3DS. I've had more luck with version exclusives like Turtonator or Spritzee than starters just FYI.

Also, trade evolutions don't seem to happen in HOME. I got a Haunter through WonderTrade and it didn't evolve.

Last edited:
As SpinyShell mentioned trade evos don't seem to work. I used GTS for a Rhydon hoping to get a Rhyperior and it did not evolve.

But, if you're just trying to get it for the dex entry there is a static Gengar spawn in the Wild Area (believe it spawns in most weather patterns). It's in the Giant's Cap along that dirt path leading up to the Lake of Outrage.

Hmm. That’s annoying then. I’ll have to look for Gengar; I haven’t come across it yet, but the Wild Area still surprises me with the level of diversity.

As for the starters, I’ve never had a problem in previous games. I’d pop one up and get another within the hour. I am seeing a lot of requests for older starters for the new ones, so I may need to start pulling from Bank earlier than anticipated.

You know what would be nice? If you could transfer Pokedex data into HOME from your games. It would make completing the Pokedex in HOME much easier, especially for those on the free plan. I want to fill up my HOMEdex with the Pokemon in the Galar Pokedex, but having to put in and take out 400 Pokemon is really unappealing. And since I have a few Pokemon that cannot be transferred to SwSh I have less than 30 spaces to fill up, which will make the process take even longer.

You know what would be nice? If you could transfer Pokedex data into HOME from your games. It would make completing the Pokedex in HOME much easier, especially for those on the free plan. I want to fill up my HOMEdex with the Pokemon in the Galar Pokedex, but having to put in and take out 400 Pokemon is really unappealing. And since I have a few Pokemon that cannot be transferred to SwSh I have less than 30 spaces to fill up, which will make the process take even longer.
This, I would also hope for moves that have been part of the Pokemon's move set to also be registered in the list of moves regardless of whether or not the move has been forgotten.

Just a quick question here since i never transfered any of my pokemon.. Can i transfer a pokemon from pokemon home back to pokemon bank and then transfer them back to they're original games? I'm curious.

Just a quick question here since i never transfered any of my pokemon.. Can i transfer a pokemon from pokemon home back to pokemon bank and then transfer them back to they're original games? I'm curious.
Nope, the transfer to Home is permanent, meaning you can't transfer them back to Bank.

No. Once it goes from Bank to HOME, it’s permanent.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom