• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

Would be mad if it does not continue since i've been paying the bank since gen 6 almost 6 years now and i got a living pokedex there and all my events and shinies also right now that I have both meltan and melmetal in normal and shiny form along with 2(going 3 tapu bulu is coming on the way)of the 4 tapus in shiny form now

Absolutely. I imagine it will take a while to release a Switch version of the app for the service (that and it took a while for it to be compatible with Sun/Moon too), but it'll definitely be returning.

Personally hope so, but the Switch port needs to be reworked, like enabling drag and drop, or something, since Nintendo Switch is a hybrid handheld console.

Also, for pricing, please keep the annual subscription and not adapt the Switch Online functions, otherwise it's going to be worse.

Almost certainly, as the entire point of the bank was to future proof the storing and transferring of Pokémon. As to how they'll do it, since our Pokémon are stored in a cloud based system, I bet they could find a way to connect/sync our banks to our Nintendo accounts on Switch (possibly by updating Pokémon Bank on 3DS to allow us to enter our Nintendo account details), and then it would just be a matter of installing Pokémon Bank on Nintendo Switch.

I believe it will, but the only thing I'm worried about (and I have no actual knowledge of when or how it could happen), but won't they eventually stop supporting the 3DS' internet soon? Like they did with the Wii? Or is that something completely different and the 3DS' internet will still be in tact for years to come?

I say this because if it isn't, and they stop supporting it, our Gen 1-7 Pokémon are essentially stuck in there lmao, because Bank would need the internet to transfer the Pokémon right? Someone help me understand what would happen or how that would work pleasee :D

I really hope so. I'm working on a living dex in my bank at the moment and only 22 from completing. I want to be able to transfer them all to the new game when I get it!

Can you migrate Pokemon past multiple gens?

By that I mean would it be possible to migrate Pokemon from XY directly to Sword/Shield? (and skip Sun/Moon entirely)

I'm asking because I have loads of Pokemon I've migrated up to 6th gen but I never got around to migrating them to Sun/Moon.

Can you migrate Pokemon past multiple gens?

By that I mean would it be possible to migrate Pokemon from XY directly to Sword/Shield? (and skip Sun/Moon entirely)

I'm asking because I have loads of Pokemon I've migrated up to 6th gen but I never got around to migrating them to Sun/Moon.

I would imagine so using the bank as you can currently do this by skipping X/Y and putting them straight into Sun/Moon from older games.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom