• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Home

I just hope they make a physical way to transfer Pokemon between the 3ds and Switch. I'd hate for in two to three years for them to say "Well if you wanted to bank pokemon you would have done so already. We gotta shut down 3ds online eventually just play the newer games nerds." At least the Gen 6 national dex (baring mythicals) is completable without poketransfer.

Last edited:
It better, otherwise a lot of people will be quite salty. It's not like that would be a stretch to be able to transfer/modify the data, as Bank is a cloud network that can easily be adapted to new tech or modified to accommodate it. I doubt it'll happen right away, like when we transitioned from Gen VI to Gen VII, which is fine, but I really hope that Bank will continue. Otherwise many people, like myself, will need to transfer all our Mons back into our main games and unsubscribe to Bank. But it shouldn't be difficult to adjust Bank's programming and the Switch's hardware to accommodate each other, otherwise we'll have yet another massive backlash when transfers between Gen II and Gen III were incompatible. So, for GF's sake (and ours, obviously), they'd better keep Bank and make it compatible, otherwise there will be riots online and boycotts of the next gen games.

I'm sure it'll come back in some form. Though not gonna lie, if it doesn't I'm gonna do my best to kill my smugness over my paranoia of it being a temporary gimmick to get people's money and thus never wanted to get it.

That said I'm probably going to be even less likely to get it if it does. I'm probably gonna already have to pay in some way to trade pokemon with anyone other than my brother whom I live with. Hopefully that's not the case, but still... Imma be refusing to pay to trade when I could for free in the past. Just adding to the pile of the internal middle finger I have constantly in the back of my head.

I've never had a need or desire for it personally. I have to delete save files to start over all the time and i don't care about 100%ing a pokedex since that's just 900+ pokemon I'd just have sitting taking up digital space instead of being used... that and the fact trade evolutions and mythical pokemon exist. I don't like really collecting a pokemon that's not 'mine' nor is it fun not knowing when I'll ever be able to legit get a pokemon whose distribution I missed. ...Though that does beg the question of what the heck I'm ever gonna do with all those Mythicals I have stored in Alpha Sapphire if I ever wanna nuzlocke it.

I don't think it would be a good idea to break the promise of not allowing Pokémon to be trapped in any game, like it happened in Gen III. In fact, I think this is the reason why all the games are programmed similarly.

Perhaps it's just that I'm not all that well-versed in game development and all that, but I don't understand the trouble of "porting" (so to speak) PokeBank to the Switch? At the end of the day it's just a glorified app so there shouldn't be any real trouble. It should last even years down the line.

Perhaps it's just that I'm not all that well-versed in game development and all that, but I don't understand the trouble of "porting" (so to speak) PokeBank to the Switch? At the end of the day it's just a glorified app so there shouldn't be any real trouble. It should last even years down the line.
there shouldn't be any trouble at all. it's literally a cloud storage app. it's not going anywhere.

Pokémon Home sounds like an upgrade from Pokémon Bank, but why did they need to make it a separate service?

Very happy with this news. Was expecting Bank to come back in some form, and I also figured they would be working out some way to get Let’s Go to connect with the new games, but now it looks like I have a reason to play Go again since my guess is now Non-Kanto Pokémon will be able to make the jump as well.

Yes they just announced Pokémon Home.
I just hope they don't change the price for it since it is now a pokemon app instead of on the system alone again

Considering how Bank could only work with the games you have in your 3DS and there doesn't seem to be any connectivity between the 3DS and the Switch, it makes perfect sense to get a new storage service to transfer your Pokémon on the Switch. And Bank's cloud server must be how you transfer Pokémon from Bank to Home. I don't see them making an update to the outdated 3DS, so the Home app would have to have us access our Bank.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom